HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Francis: Iginla and Flames still not talking extension

Old
03-10-2013, 12:31 PM
bloggerfanthe*

vCash: 500
Francis: Iginla and Flames still not talking extension

Quote:
Time is ticking away on the Jarome Iginla era in Calgary, as the most popular player in franchise history has yet to decide whether he wants to remain with the Flames.

Iginla’s agent, Don Meehan, has given the Calgary Sun an ominous update on the situation between the two sides, saying the Flames captain is “not currently in negotiations” with the NHL club he’s played with the last 18 year

At this point, Meehan is awaiting instruction from his longtime client on how to proceed.
No timeline has been set for an answer, but with the April 3 trade deadline just 24 days away, it’s clear Iginla has little more than a week or two to let the Flames know if he intends to re-sign. Otherwise, the wheels will be set in motion for the most important trade in Flames history since Iginla was acquired for Joe Nieuwendyk in 1995.
http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/03/10...king-extension

And Vicki Hall's tweet from last night. (beat reporter for the Flames)

Scouts at cal-la: Van, NYR, STL, BOS (3), ANA, NASH,BUF, PHI, WASH, PIT, SJ, TOR

@vickihallch

bloggerfanthe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Eric Francis is not a legitimate source.

He is essentially a tabloid blogger that has a column in his mommy's paper.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Sventastic47

In my opinion by March 25th if the Flames are close to a playoff spot they will start talking extension, if they are out Feaster should be asking him if he would be willing to play somewhere else and start talking with other teams

Sventastic47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Mike Jones

Isn't this old news? I didn't think either side wanted to talk about the whole extension thing until after the season.

Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:20 PM
crunchyblack*
juice monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventastic47 View Post
In my opinion by March 25th if the Flames are close to a playoff spot they will start talking extension, if they are out Feaster should be asking him if he would be willing to play somewhere else and start talking with other teams
You just dont get it, do you? Management and the owners wont ask Iginla ****. The only way Iggy goes is if Iggy requests it, and since his wife, kids and wifes family are all in Calgary, even that is highly unlikely.

crunchyblack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Sventastic47

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
You just dont get it, do you? Management and the owners wont ask Iginla ****. The only way Iggy goes is if Iggy requests it, and since his wife, kids and wifes family are all in Calgary, even that is highly unlikely.
Wow sorry, I just said in my opinion you dont need to get all angry about it

Sventastic47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:00 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Ok Jarome.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Paralyzer008

So many Iginla rumors...

it's obvious the Flames don't really want to move him, the only way I start believing they want to move him is when he's actually traded.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Puckgenius*

If Feaster let Jarome walk, this city would be a riot. And Feaster should be fired.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:37 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
If Feaster let Jarome walk, this city would be a riot. And Feaster should be fired.
Feaster should be fired regardless. He simply isn't a good GM for Calgary. I know management has its hands on this franchise - not wanting to rebuild, but ...

Feaster's job is on the line now. I don't see Calgary making the playoffs. It's all about his performance at the deadline.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Flamester

If you asked me a few years ago I'd say iginla would never leave the flames.
But after last years comments I think he's fed up with losing. The look in his face yesterday on HNIC said it all.

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:21 PM
DBU
Stars

Quote:
I'd wager that a lot of people in this city understand Jarome's point of view. There would be tears shed for Iginla leaving but no way would there be riots.

And Feaster has one more chance to prove himself in my books, and that's the Trade Deadline.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:31 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
I'd wager that a lot of people in this city understand Jarome's point of view. There would be tears shed for Iginla leaving but no way would there be riots.

And Feaster has one more chance to prove himself in my books, and that's the Trade Deadline.
Should be a big, big day for this club because whatever happens will be very very important for the future of the franchise.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:33 PM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
wow, the guy said "in my opinion".. take it easy

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:34 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Should be a big, big day for this club because whatever happens will be very very important for the future of the franchise.
Or doesn't happen.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Reinhart

Meh.. what do people expect really?

Jarome isn't going to sing an extension with the Flames unless the Flames are comfortably in a playoff position. Not happening this year by the looks of it.

So, they are at 'plan B' soon - look at moving Jarome to some contender. Brings back some futures for Calgary, gives Jarome and opportunity to chase the cup. If he wins, chances are he returns to his family here.

I don't believe Jarome wants to move. I don't believe there is anything about one side wanting something and the other side not being interested. Francis is a tool (imo) who often will try to write something 'sensationalistic' to get hits. I believe the Flames and Jarome have sat down during the off-season and discussed what this year would look like. I would bet that they are close to sitting down again and saying: "Ok, we have reached this point now..."

Anyone who expected Jarome to sign an extension to stay in Calgary just hasn't been paying enough attention to what both the Flames and Jarome have been saying. Jarome still wants to win. He also wants to retire a Flame. He also doesn't want to leave his family. Going away for 2-3 months to try and win wouldn't be as bad.

Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post

He already failed last years deadline day with zero moves, what makes you think he will be any different this year? Last year he should have moved at least 4 or 5 players but made none.

This year he should be moving

Iginla
Kipper
Tanguay
Cammalleri
Bowmeester

At the very minimum!

But it wouldnt surprise me if Feaster doesnt move any of those 5 but moves Glencross instead who is having a horrible year and apparently has a bad attitude in the dressing room this year.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
But it wouldnt surprise me if Feaster doesnt move any of those 5 but moves Glencross instead who is having a horrible year and apparently has a bad attitude in the dressing room this year.
Says who exactly?

Also Glencross won't waive his NMC.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:30 PM
topchowda

Quote:
He already failed last years deadline day with zero moves, what makes you think he will be any different this year? Last year he should have moved at least 4 or 5 players but made none.

This year he should be moving

Iginla
Kipper
Tanguay
Cammalleri
Bowmeester

At the very minimum!

Not a flames expert but I dont think theyd deal 5 vets at once. I could see Iggy and Kipper going because theyd get good returns, and maybe Cammy for the cap space. But with Bouwmeester playing good you cant trade him. He still has good years left and will be a calming presence on the back end during like rebuild (if it happens) Likewise with Tangauy

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Not a flames expert but I dont think theyd deal 5 vets at once. I could see Iggy and Kipper going because theyd get good returns, and maybe Cammy for the cap space. But with Bouwmeester playing good you cant trade him. He still has good years left and will be a calming presence on the back end during like rebuild (if it happens) Likewise with Tangauy
The last thing this team needs is to get any calmer. I'd move 3 of the following, in this order, Iggy, Kipper, Gio, JBow, Tanguay and Cammy. It'll be a lot of veteran leadership to lose but this team needs a whole new identity and I think keeping anymore than 3 of the current core 6, would be counter productive. They're too comfy and need to be split up for their own good

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Kunitz Crosby Iggy

The hockey worlds needs to see this.... and Iggy's career needs a cup.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:41 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

It's Mats Sundin all over again.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:23 AM
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Kunitz Crosby Iggy

i could go for some of this.

skip2mybordeleau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:40 AM
madmike77

I'm not so sure Kiprusoff would net a good return at the moment. He's been pretty awful in limited action so far.

He needs to show more signs he hasn't completely lost his game for another team to show interest.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:04 AM
The Hendog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Kunitz Crosby Iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mybordeleau View Post
i could go for some of this.
As an Iggy and Flames fan even I would love to see this
Flames aren't even coming close to the playoffs this year and I would love to see Iggy get another chance at a cup and the sooner the better just in case in my opinion

What will it take to make a trade?
2013 1st round is required for sure
Then after that either Despres or Maata
And if cap space coming back to Calgary is required; Kennedy?

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote