HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 01:42 AM
VermetteFan

vCash: 500
OMAHA LANCERS NEWS & NOTES - Junior Hockey News
http://www.juniorhockey.com/news/new...?news_id=78604
Wednesday, 6 Mar 2013

- F Robbie Baillargeon continues to lead all Lancers in scoring this season with 38 points (17 goals, 21 assists). Committed to Boston University, Baillargeon leads all Lancers with 17 goals and has tallied 23 points in 26 games since coming to Omaha in a trade with the Indiana Ice.

Ceci Attacker of the Week
http://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/n...p?NewsID=55191
Monday, March 4, 2013

The Owen Sound Attack is announcing that they have named Cody Ceci the Becker Shoes Attacker of the Week.

Friday, Ceci picked up an assist on the Attack’s lone goal in a 2-1 shootout loss to the Kitchener Rangers.making a perfect pass to Cameron Brace

On Saturday, Ceci, an Ottawa Senators First Round pick tallied two goals and two assists in a 6-1 win over Mississauga.

Ceci finished the week with two goals and three assists and sits second amongst OHL Defenseman in scoring with 59 points.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Cecer yeaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
From what I've heard, he has decent wheels, but doesn't use his size in almost any capacity whatsoever. He's tall, but he's like the NHL version of Shawn Bradley out there:
Quote:
Along with Western Michigan’s Dan DeKeyser, Nebraska-Omaha rearguard Andrej Sustr is the hottest commodity on the collegiate free agent market this season. The 6’8”, 225-pound native of Plzen, Czech Republic has had the attention of NHL scouts from almost the moment he arrived in Omaha nearly three years ago. But when his skill set began to catch up with his enormous size last season, interest in Sustr skyrocketed. There are now at least 20 teams hoping to land the prized junior defenseman. Among the teams showing strong interest are the Detroit Red Wings, the Los Angeles Kings, the Ottawa Senators, and the Vancouver Canucks. The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Tampa Bay Lightning, whose prospect camps Sustr attended last summer, are also in the mix. Sustr currently leads the Mavericks in defensive scoring with 22 points (eight goals, 14 assists) in 34 games to date. Sustr has played nearly the entire season alongside 6’6” sophomore Jaycob Megna (ANA), comprising the nation’s biggest defensive tandem.

While his gigantic frame is certainly one attribute that NHL teams like about Sustr, what has impressed them even more is how effectively he uses it. Sustr takes full advantage of his size, strength and wingspan in moving opposing players off pucks and taking away their time and space. He has good gap control and does an excellent job in containment, as well. Sustr is also a player that doesn’t shy away from playing the body, showing that he can dish out some of the most punishing hits in college hockey. Two of Sustr’s best assets are his stick and his shot. He uses his excellent stick work exceedingly well at both ends of the ice, whether it is in creating turnovers or distributing the puck. His cannon-like shot has improved in both accuracy and velocity over the course of his collegiate career. Another area where Sustr has really developed is his skating. He’s not the prettiest skater, but he moves remarkably well for such a big man. Sustr has also shown marked improvement in his agility and balance.
This write-up by Hockey's Future seems to disagree with that sentiment.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
I'm kinda hoping Owen Sound has a short playoff run so that Ceci can get in as many games as he can in Bingo. It'll be huge playing some pro games so that he realizes exactly what he needs to work on most in the offseason to compete at this level.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:05 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
This write-up by Hockey's Future seems to disagree with that sentiment.
Well then, he's changed his game up 180 degrees from last year.

Last year, he was a flyweight out there.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Well then, he's changed his game up 180 degrees from last year.

Last year, he was a flyweight out there.
Yea, I remember last year when we were talking about him he was described as a gentle giant. Fantastic news if he has in fact changed that part of his game.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

Prince and Pageau are having pretty good rookie seasons in the AHL with Bingo.

Thoughts on what kind of players they could become? Do you think they'll make it to NHL.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:10 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Silfverberg View Post

Thoughts on what kind of players they could become? Do you think they'll make it to NHL.
I was just coming to say pretty much the same thing. Their names are popping up on the score sheet pretty regularly these days.

Prince has 2G tonight, JGP has 1A (game is in 2nd period I think).

Nice to see the progress.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:29 PM
derriko

vCash: 50
Speaking of who's having a good season, Cowick has really turned his game around from the previous year. He just might make it as an energy 4th liner sometime in his career.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Jp20

Prince: 3G 3A 6Pts 5GP march

JPG: 1G 4A 5Pts 5Gp march

they have been bingos most effective players so far this month.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:34 PM
starling

vCash: 50
Princeton lost to Cornell so Sdao is available. Wonder what happens next week.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Sensinitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Silfverberg View Post

The injuries to Hoffman and Stone and the Silfver and Zibby call ups really helped those two out. They got more ice time and PP time and it's been paying off!

Old
03-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Sensinitis

Wow I don't know if it's only because bingo is a better team now but Da Costa is a +12 compared to a -12 last season. Has he been better defensively, which is something that Maclean and co. probably wanted him to improve, this season or is it just a coincidence?

Old
03-10-2013, 01:07 AM
The Flower
Feel Aflie's Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
The injuries to Hoffman and Stone and the Silfver and Zibby call ups really helped those two out. They got more ice time and PP time and it's been paying off!
I guess so. Prince is now 2nd on the Bingo roster with 14 goals scored (Grant leads with 15). Not bad for a rook, even if it is a depleted lineup.

Old
03-10-2013, 01:52 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

People shouldn't be surprised at Prince's offensive game. Remember he scored 40+ with 40+ assists in the O. I'd even go as far as say he has shown more flashes than his points indicate. Lately he has been all over the ice. Same as Pageau. Spectacular hustle, especially the PK.

Cowick went from a scrub AHLer to an extremely consistent and strong 2 way player, very impressed.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:30 AM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

I think Prince has a very good chance to make the NHL; I would actually be surprised if he didn't. Not sold on Pageau yet but the skill is there.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Karlstrobe
All Hale the Flow

Prince has the speed down the wing we have been lacking since Havlat. He also has a good shot, sick hands and good vision. He will be on the 2-3rd line down the road for sure imo (roll 3 scoring lines).

Old
03-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Prince reminds me a bit of Pavelski. Very underrated skill-set that seems to surprise defending defenses quite often. Also is faster then he seems which also seems to surprise defenses. He's the kind of guy the other team will almost always underrate and he's at his best when he's flying under the radar.

Old
03-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

Bingo scores with 2 seconds left in the 3rd period to win the game 3-2..

Both Prince and JGP scored a goal!

Old
03-10-2013, 07:33 PM
FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Prince reminds me a bit of Pavelski. Very underrated skill-set that seems to surprise defending defenses quite often. Also is faster then he seems which also seems to surprise defenses. He's the kind of guy the other team will almost always underrate and he's at his best when he's flying under the radar.
Is his speed deceptive? The handful of times I've seen him I always think he's the fastest guy on the ice.

Old
03-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Rhino Reilly
CoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeb View Post
Is his speed deceptive? The handful of times I've seen him I always think he's the fastest guy on the ice.
It was with the 67s. I haven't seen all that many Bingo games this season so maybe it's gotten even better, but when he played with the 67s he always seemed to surprise defenders with his speed. Turned it up a gear when they least expected it.

Old
03-10-2013, 08:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeb View Post
Prince goes from constant to blazing during mid-stride which catches defenders off guard unlike Pageau who will just flat out fly by defenders.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:31 PM
God Says No

amazing number of prospects doing well. the only thing is whether there will be room for all of them with the big club.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:54 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
amazing number of prospects doing well. the only thing is whether there will be room for all of them with the big club.
This is the last thing anyone and everyone should think. Look what happened this year. At the start of the year, everyone wanted DaCosta gone cause he was virtually never going to get a roster spot. A couple months later he's on the first line and scoring against Pittsburgh.

It don't matter if they don't make it too because that means we are doing amazing in the NHL and it opens up trade possibilities to strengthen our team even more or we have assets that work harder on their game in the AHL some more before they get a chance through injures etc...

Old
03-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Princeton lost to Cornell so Sdao is available. Wonder what happens next week.
He could be assigned to Bingo. Or he could finish his classes first lol

Old
03-11-2013, 02:13 PM
odhiambo

Does anyone know what happened to Mattias Karlsson? He played in Bingo a couple of years ago and posted over 50Pts. Had good size too...

Closed Thread