HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joey Hishon: What's the deal?

Old
03-10-2013, 03:49 PM
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

vCash: 500
At least hes friends with ROR.

The Pwnerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
Complete waste of a draft pick.

By the time he is finally able to play in games again it will have been 2 full years since he's played. He'll be rusty and out of synch and his development will go to hell.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post

By the time he is finally able to play in games again it will have been 2 full years since he's played. He'll be rusty and out of synch and his development will go to hell.
To be fair, its not the Avs fault it was a waste. It also wasnt his fault it was a waste.

That hit was brutal.

I sincerely hope his career isnt over due to that hit. Hes going through what Mueller went through, I hope he can make it through.

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:44 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Not a fan of Pronman at all. I mean he does watch prospects and all that, but has a very weird view on them and hockey that I disagree with. He is just posting the obvious and nothing new.
Is it really nothing new? The last official thing I heard reported was from Dater, where Billington said that Hishon was skating on his own. This is the first I've heard of him actually being in practices.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:17 PM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post

There's no way we could have known that he would would have these injury problems.

If he didn't take that cheap shot from McNabb we could be talking about what a great pick he turned out to be.

We may never know. But it's not fair to call it a "wasted" pick.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:00 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa Frossa View Post
Yeah, Etem has been awesome for the Ducks this season
Be sarcastic all you want, but imagine adding his speed to our lineup? He might be one dimensional, but when that single dimension could end up netting you 50 goals in a season, that's nothing to complain about. He's borderline NHL-ready and he's been great in the games I've seen with the Ducks this season.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Be sarcastic all you want, but imagine adding his speed to our lineup? He might be one dimensional, but when that single dimension could end up netting you 50 goals in a season, that's nothing to complain about. He's borderline NHL-ready and he's been great in the games I've seen with the Ducks this season.
In what world would Etem ever score 50 goals? With the avs no less, the avs took a risk on a kid with major upside and lost. That's why picks aren't worth the hype they get on this board.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:12 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Personally I would not take Etem over a healthy Hishon, only way you guys can justify this pick as bad was because of McNabbs hit. Not what type of player he is or will become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
In what world would Etem ever score 50 goals? With the avs no less, the avs took a risk on a kid with major upside and lost. That's why picks aren't worth the hype they get on this board.
I would love to know how the Avs lost in this?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
I would love to know how the Avs lost in this?
Hey, I'm one of the biggest Hishon fans you'll find, I was also one of the last two give up all hope for his come back but you have to be realistic about it now after 2 full years and face reality that Hishy might not play ever. That's how they lost but the right pick was made IMO.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:20 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Hey, I'm one of the biggest Hishon fans you'll find, I was also one of the last two give up all hope for his come back but you have to be realistic about it now after 2 full years and face reality that Hishy might not play ever. That's how they lost but the right pick was made IMO.
Like I said before, he will play. The problem I have is if he will be an effective player or not.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Like I said before, he will play. The problem I have is if he will be an effective player or not.
Like I've said before, you're the doc.

If he manages to get/stay healthy and play the same style he did before all this then there's no doubt he will be a great player for the avs. He's too skilled, too smart and too competitive to fail. Easier said then done of course. it's really too bad I feel in love with this player as prospect, it's a shame he might not live his dream.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:03 AM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 281
i'm curious to see him get back on the ice before passing judgement on the pick. he was lighting it up before getting hurt.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
If he manages to get/stay healthy and play the same style he did before all this then there's no doubt he will be a great player for the avs. He's too skilled, too smart and too competitive to fail. Easier said then done of course. it's really too bad I feel in love with this player as prospect, it's a shame he might not live his dream.
I totally agree, but even though I said I think he will play either this year or next, I doubt that he will be the same player, I could see him turn into a Connolly.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:58 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
I said "could end up."

He absolutely has the potential to be an elite NHL goal scorer and a 40+ goal guy with the right linemates. Go ahead and laugh at that all you want, but I've seen him extensively and watched him single-handedly sweep a team from the WHL playoffs after scoring 61 goals in 65 regular season games last season.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
I think the issue is that most of us believe that even if he does play, he's almost guaranteed to not be the same player. I mean come on, missing two years of not only competitive hockey but skating and conditioning. Considering the fact that he may not even be game fit until next September, I have a really hard time imagining this kid ever amounting to anything in the AHL let alone the NHL at this stage.

And sure he was a talented kid and I understand the justification for the pick but the injury issue is a risk when you draft a player that small, especially when he plays with an edge like Hishon does. It is obviously in the end horrible luck but honestly if they wanted Hishon that bad they should have traded up in the 2nd and found a way to pick him. He was ranked what, in the 50s?

I would have then, and still now, taken Bjugstad or Etem over him at 17.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:15 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
I feel so bad for the kid. Such great potential done in by a cheap shot. The one thing hes got going for him is that hes still a young guy.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Can't wait until the next Sabres fan stumbles in here with a trade proposal built around McNabb.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:21 PM
cgf

Quote:
Who's to say that if we had picked Etem instead of Hishon it wouldn't have been Etem who got the career threatening injury and that we wouldn't be having this exact same conversation with the names in other places? Hishon has great wheels and hands to, and before the injury he had a great knack for getting into the dirty areas and creating danger, if he still has those pieces when he comes back and doesn't have the fear, Hishon could still end up better than Etem. I doubt it given the severity of his injury and the long layoff, but Hishon absolutely had the tools to warrant taking him over Etem.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:06 PM
IndustryLeech

I propose that the Avs stop picking prospects that are going to have career-threatening injuries. What morons.

IndustryLeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryLeech View Post
I propose that the Avs stop picking prospects that are going to have career-threatening injuries. What morons.
The obvious answer.

Get this man a job with the organization.

03-11-2013, 02:12 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
The obvious answer.

Get this man a job with the organization.
Pracey could use a supervisor.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Pracey could use a supervisor.
Is Pracey bald?

If so, this could be a pretty super visor:

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:19 PM
IndustryLeech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Is Pracey bald?

If so, this could be a pretty super visor:

Old
03-11-2013, 02:23 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

If Hishon ever ends up playing in the NHL I will be very surprised. IMO it isn't even worth including him in the prospects or in the vision of the future of the Avs until he actually plays for 30-40 games in the AHL.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:24 PM
IndustryLeech

Such a sad story.