HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poor crowds

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2013, 10:47 PM
  #126
MMonarchs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
Game was sold out tonight against St. Louis!
Not sure how. Ticketmaster still had essentially half the 300 level seats available at about 3pm.

MMonarchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:19 AM
  #127
snowave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 426
vCash: 500
I've been to several games of the years where they announce a sellout, and the place is barely 3/4 full.

btw, did everyone here Getzy saying they were playing boring hockey at the 3 stars interview?

snowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:28 AM
  #128
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,253
vCash: 500
They have always announced tickets sold as "attendance". Many "sellouts" have a lot of empty seats in both bowls. Especially with that buy 2, get 2 free, season ticket package that covers a vast chunk of the upper bowl. Stubhub, Craigslist and brokers have mass quantities of tickets almost always available for for "below face value" for many games. Those tickets are already counted in attendance whether they ever get sold on the aftermarket or not.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:40 AM
  #129
snowave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 426
vCash: 500
I get that, but I still think it's greatly exaggerated. That happens in other cities, too.. but I rarely see so many empty seats for games that are called sellouts. Although, Detroit had a big problem with that a few years ago.

Anyway, I was content with the attendance tonight. It still amazes me how many people don't get to the game until the 2nd period.

snowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:10 PM
  #130
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMonarchs View Post
Not sure how. Ticketmaster still had essentially half the 300 level seats available at about 3pm.
Idk, listening to to the TV and ESPN says they had 17,174 there.

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:10 PM
  #131
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowave View Post
I get that, but I still think it's greatly exaggerated. That happens in other cities, too.. but I rarely see so many empty seats for games that are called sellouts. Although, Detroit had a big problem with that a few years ago.

Anyway, I was content with the attendance tonight. It still amazes me how many people don't get to the game until the 2nd period.
Toronto is bad at times, so many lower bowl seats are owned by companies and stay empty.

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:26 AM
  #132
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 18,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowave View Post
I've been to several games of the years where they announce a sellout, and the place is barely 3/4 full.

btw, did everyone here Getzy saying they were playing boring hockey at the 3 stars interview?
He also said the main thing was winning

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:56 AM
  #133
mighty all the way
Registered User
 
mighty all the way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
People will certainly think the Ducks are exciting now with our best player throwing a huge hit to make the game exciting!

mighty all the way is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.