HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Flames @ Catfish Lake Ducks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2013, 12:15 PM
  #151
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,045
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
you clearly didn't watch the Heat game or highlights. Irving was screened badly on the 1st goal and on the 2nd goal no goaltender could have stopped it. Please don't talk about something when you have no clue.
Sigh.

Dude we get it. You love the Heat and rightfully so. But he wasn't bashing Irving on the goals against. He was merely stating statistical facts about the two goalies in the game. He even praised Irving. Just because we don't watch all the Heat games doesn't mean we can't comment on them from a passing view. It just means we don't have as good an opinion as someone who will watch every game. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to talk about it.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:25 PM
  #152
MuffinMerc
Registered User
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
you clearly didn't watch the Heat game or highlights. Irving was screened badly on the 1st goal and on the 2nd goal no goaltender could have stopped it. Please don't talk about something when you have no clue.
Actually I did catch highlights of the game. Just think: You're Troy G. Ward and you have once again pulled Irving. We have 3 goalies on the Heat again. Please, tell me with your abundant knowledge of the Heat, can Troy G. Ward evenly balance 3 goal tenders? Someone will be the third stringer and I think (and I hope I am wrong) that it is Irving. I think back to the 7-2 loss to the Ice Hogs, where Brust let in 5 in the first period and was left in net. If Irving's were all shots he had no chance of stopping why a goal tender change instead of a timeout to settle your other players? I'd love your answer.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:03 AM
  #153
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
Actually I did catch highlights of the game. Just think: You're Troy G. Ward and you have once again pulled Irving. We have 3 goalies on the Heat again. Please, tell me with your abundant knowledge of the Heat, can Troy G. Ward evenly balance 3 goal tenders? Someone will be the third stringer and I think (and I hope I am wrong) that it is Irving. I think back to the 7-2 loss to the Ice Hogs, where Brust let in 5 in the first period and was left in net. If Irving's were all shots he had no chance of stopping why a goal tender change instead of a timeout to settle your other players? I'd love your answer.
the 7-2 game in which Irving did not start due to the flu? Hmmm, I wonder why there was not goaltending change.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:04 PM
  #154
MuffinMerc
Registered User
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
the 7-2 game in which Irving did not start due to the flu? Hmmm, I wonder why there was not goaltending change.
I wonder why Tom Moro who was Brust's backup wasn't put in? You tell people to watch the games: guess what buddy? Moro was on the bench. There a healthy goal tender who didn't have the stomach flu ready to play.

EDIT: Game sheet in case anyone wanted it: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1010607


Last edited by MuffinMerc: 03-10-2013 at 06:09 PM.
MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:14 PM
  #155
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
I wonder why Tom Moro who was Brust's backup wasn't put in? You tell people to watch the games: guess what buddy? Moro was on the bench. There a healthy goal tender who didn't have the stomach flu ready to play.

EDIT: Game sheet in case anyone wanted it: http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1010607
You mean this Tom Moro?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=239976

Why didn't Ward put in a guy who had never played goalie into the game? Probably a solid question

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:22 PM
  #156
MuffinMerc
Registered User
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
You mean this Tom Moro?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=239976

Why didn't Ward put in a guy who had never played goalie into the game? Probably a solid question
I'd give him a shot!

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:57 PM
  #157
JurassicTunga
Registered User
 
JurassicTunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,080
vCash: 575
Flames could be 15th in the conference at the end of the day.

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
  #158
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,872
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Flames could be 15th in the conference at the end of the day.
Good. Maybe then we can all move on and see this team realize its issues.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:24 PM
  #159
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Flames could be 15th in the conference at the end of the day.
And still only be 5 points out of the playoffs, it is going to take an epic losing streak for the owners to think we are out of it.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:53 PM
  #160
MuffinMerc
Registered User
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
And still only be 5 points out of the playoffs, it is going to take an epic losing streak for the owners to think we are out of it.
As long as we're better than the Oilers, I'm fine!
But really this team disappoints me.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:15 PM
  #161
DBU
Gotta Go Fast
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
As long as we're better than the Oilers, I'm fine!
But really this team disappoints me.
Boy, expectations have really fallen around here.

EDIT: whoops, didn't see the white text LOL

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:46 PM
  #162
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Flames could be 15th in the conference at the end of the day.
done, although we do have games in hand it should be a wake up call when your sitting at the bottom of the conference half way through the season.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:28 PM
  #163
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,045
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
done, although we do have games in hand it should be a wake up call when your sitting at the bottom of the conference half way through the season.
For the players or for ownership I wonder?

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:48 PM
  #164
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Flames could be 15th in the conference at the end of the day.
Not only are they 15th at the moment, but they're also tied with the Oilers for the worst goal differential in the conference at -16. It's a three way tie for second worst in the league between Calgary, Edmonton, and Buffalo, but the Flames have the fewest games played of the three.


Last edited by Calculon: 03-11-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:04 AM
  #165
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
For the players or for ownership I wonder?
Well I was referring to ownership.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:05 AM
  #166
Volica
Registered User
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Not only are they 15th at the moment, but they're also tied with the Oilers for the worst goal differential in the conference at -16. It's a three way tie for worst in the league between Calgary, Edmonton, and Buffalo, but the Flames have the fewest games played of the three.
That's right baby, we're taking that title and running with it; wooooooo

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:10 AM
  #167
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
That's right baby, we're taking that title and running with it; wooooooo
Ahh, I meant second worst. Slim chance anyone catches Florida in that regard.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:15 AM
  #168
Volica
Registered User
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Also want to add, we're right in that sweet, sweet Barkov selection region again. Can we play stay there? Maybe add another prospect or two from some of the top tier teams around the league too? They don't need their future stars, we do.

I think it's fitting for Calgary that if Jarome was part of a trade that ushered in a new Era in Calgary in 1995; that he should usher in a new era by bringing a major young player back.

This team's hard to watch, it can't compete every night, it can't come close to competing with top tier teams in the league this year; too small, too slow, too old. At any given night there's a a total of 2-3 real centers on the ice; sometimes 1 when Backlund was hurt... Cannot win with this team, anyone that thinks that this could be a miracle 8th seed team is delusional. Time for a rebuild please.

It doesn't have to be a "guess we suck for half a decade and hope that this crop pans out"; because the Islanders, Oilers, Panthers, Jackets etc etc can tell you that that doesn't always work.
It should be "Lets move high end contracts, UFAs, players with major value for players that are NHL ready or already playing at the NHL level, be smart with UFA signings in the off season to get better every year". There are pieces in Calgary going forward that could make the team incredibly strong; but as a unit, this package stinks.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:17 AM
  #169
Volica
Registered User
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Ahh, I meant second worst. Slim chance anyone catches Florida in that regard.
Oh well, I think most of us have been Flames fans our entire lives, finishing second isn't new; at least we can point to FLA as being the worst and hold our heads up high!

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
  #170
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 819
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post


I especially love this one, haha. Typical Butler who always looks baked. Too funny


JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:37 AM
  #171
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Also want to add, we're right in that sweet, sweet Barkov selection region again. Can we play stay there? Maybe add another prospect or two from some of the top tier teams around the league too? They don't need their future stars, we do.
Currently sitting at 5th overall, which I think might just miss him. However, I wouldn't rule out winning the lottery. There's still some decent odds for that if we are in the bottom 5.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.