HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The Canucks are in a tailspin

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENuck View Post
Sabres fans have been calling for Lindy Ruff's head for years - how would firing AV and Ruff's hiring suddenly become the magic tonic for Vancouver?
fans like to blame coaches over players

Old
03-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENuck View Post
Sabres fans have been calling for Lindy Ruff's head for years - how would firing AV and Ruff's hiring suddenly become the magic tonic for Vancouver?
Fine then, this guy maybe?

Old
03-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
AV is the next head coach to go, or a goalie is traded.
Well we certainly shouldn't be standing pat.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
Canucks are fine, every team goes through tough spells every year; that's what this is. They'll win the division, the conference, and go onto win the Cup - that much is still certain. The details of how this will happen can be argued and bickered by the fans. Seriously, top assist leader in the nhl, selke winner, goal sniper in Daniel, fastest players in the league in Raymond, Schroeder, and Hansen, the two best goalies in Schneids & Luu, best top 6 dmen in the league (and only getting better with Tanev dominating), and some of the best grinders/pests in Lappy, Higgs, Weise, etc...

Man I love this team
Apparently you don't love them that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett
This was a worrying loss. The team really looked lost out there. And I remember last week against the Sharks Hansen was playing great with I think it was Raymond and Higgins - just dominating, they had great chemistry and were getting the team back into the game - the rest of the lines were gelling and things looked good. So what did AV do? Moved Hansen to the top lines and all that gel washed away.

Tonight Edler looked just awful, and the forwards looked lazy, had no crisp passing, and just out of sync. If this is just a bad spell I don't buy it. Minnesota didn't look like that good of a team, they just took advantage of sloppy play and got an easy two points against a miscoached team. I never thought I'd say this but AV does need to go. My question would be who should replace him? Are there any alternatives available right now? Or would the Assistant do for now? Maybe that would send a shockwave through the dressing room.

Also Booth proved me wrong so far this year. He has shown signs of a very talented guy, he just seems to lack any kind of finish - or maybe it's coaching I don't know. I see a lot of talent there that is not producing - I can totally envision the guy getting traded to somewhere like Detroit and lighting it up there...

Old
03-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Correa View Post
Apparently you don't love them that much.

wtf? how can you, an oyler fan see that? Get out of our forum! What we discuss there and what we discuss with the other "fans" are separate things!

Old
03-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickSmehlik View Post
They actually have decent offensive talent but I don't get Vigneault's system.
That makes two of us.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Frank Garrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posey View Post
Sharks are worse. Only 2 ROW in last 18 games. Want to trade coaches?
French Coach for that guy who looks like he's mobbed up?

Old
03-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
wtf? how can you, an oyler fan see that? Get out of our forum! What we discuss there and what we discuss with the other "fans" are separate things!
The love is dying more and more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett
My sentiments exactly, I liked him as a coach for many years, but I think I am starting to lose my faith in the guy these days. Just some of the decisions he makes really makes me think "huh??!!" and some of his ideas obviously do not click...

Old
03-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Frank Garrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post

Bring back Crow so we can run n' gun again. lol

Old
03-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Geese_Howard*

I blame gillis for this mess. He severely mishandled the luongo situation, I think if he traded with Toronto schneider would be at ease and just play. Thank god for Toronto's sake gillis turned the deal down.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:44 PM
mkoivu9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
LMFAO!!

Hamhuis-Edler are our 2 best d-men btw, not bieksa and edler. Hamhuis and Bieksa are pretty close to Suter and Brodin, if not better.

There is an enormous gap between the Canucks and Minnesota. IDC what you say about the standings, the Canucks are clearly the superior team.
What makes you think that?

Old
03-10-2013, 11:44 PM
sobrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post

Grasping at straws, he also did so well in Toronto and would bring exactly what to Vancouver? Next....

Old
03-10-2013, 11:46 PM
sobrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Garrett View Post
Bring back Crow so we can run n' gun again. lol

Yep, a quick look through HF Canucks threads during his last few years and we all know how well he would/has worked out in the NHL.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Since1989
Bring Back Sjostrom

Outside of missing the offensive juggernaut that is Jan Bulis - injuries and players not playing like themselves; or now back down to earth. No scoring depth (only 8 players in double digits, Calgary has 9, to put that into perspective) Yet it's more than just missing Kesler because they had a fine record with him on the IR to start the season. Maybe when he came back they became complacent? Who knows - then you throw in the possobility of them no longer showing face for AV and you have a problem. Plus:
Edler has completely disappeared on both sides of the puck.
Kassain has now been relegated to the 4th line and can no longer score.
PP has been horrid.
They no longer win many puck battles.
Lack of chemistry.

They really need a playmaking winger for that second line, too many of the same players. Tanguay would be dynamite there, for example.

Or it could just be a minor slump.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
ahahahahahaha

AV playing Ballard at all isn't that likely.

AV actually giving ballard a chance to do something on the PP isn't going to happen. Not ever. Aaron Rome got PP time above Ballard.
agreed but I thought I would throw it out there anyways.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geese_Howard View Post
I blame gillis for this mess. He severely mishandled the luongo situation, I think if he traded with Toronto schneider would be at ease and just play. Thank god for Toronto's sake gillis turned the deal down.
I know. Gillis over estimated Luongo's worth . I dont think he wanted to admit to himself how bad that contract was. It is horrible.

So now he is stuck here . We need to move Cory Schneider.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Kershaw

How good would Cody Hodgson be looking as a 2C for Vancouver? He's been Buffalo's 1C this year.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
How good would Cody Hodgson be looking as a 2C for Vancouver? He's been Buffalo's 1C this year.
Good for buphalo but he wouldn't even make the Vancouver Canucks' lineup this year with our depth. I wish the guy well though and hope he can turn things around for himself...

Old
03-11-2013, 12:01 AM
number72

The goaltending is much worse this year. Is this because schneider/lugongo are struggling or is the team defence (lack of kesler and not adapting defensive system) what is behind this. I think if Luongo/Schneider approach their SV% from last year - this would translate into a few more games stolen and shutouts by now.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Fishhead

I don't see every Canuck game, but from the ones I've caught I feel they really haven't been themselves since around late February of last season. They were handily beating teams through December and looked very good. After late February/early March, the games started getting much closer. They were visibly struggling at times and were barely beating non-playoff teams that they should have been pulverizing. They were not good going into the playoffs, and without Daniel they were completely unable to flip the switch. It seems to have carried over into this year.

From a perspective of a fan of another team, IMO it is more of an attitude issue than anything else. That confidence/swagger they had that made them so difficult to play has been missing for a while.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Good for buphalo but he wouldn't even make the Vancouver Canucks' lineup this year with our depth. I wish the guy well though and hope he can turn things around for himself...
Well he made the Canucks the year before and took his game to another level this year. I'm not buying into it that he wouldn't make their team.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:04 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
I don't see every Canuck game, but from the ones I've caught I feel they really haven't been themselves since around late February of last season. They were handily beating teams through December and looked very good. After late February/early March, the games started getting much closer. They were visibly struggling at times and were barely beating non-playoff teams that they should have been pulverizing. They were not good going into the playoffs, and without Daniel they were completely unable to flip the switch. It seems to have carried over into this year.

From a perspective of a fan of another team, IMO it is more of an attitude issue than anything else. That confidence/swagger they had that made them so difficult to play has been missing for a while.
You're giving them a month or two too much credit. Try early January. It's when they lost any sort of passion in their play in order to 'stick to the process'. The only players who ever look like they care if they win or lose are Kes/Burr/Bieksa/Hansen/Schneider.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Skip2myBordyloo
Maybe next year

vCash: 50
Quote:
yeah andrew ebbett was sure a better option than him at the beginning of the year

Old
03-11-2013, 12:07 AM
startainfection*

what do they want from the isles for booth and ballard?

Old
03-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mybordeleau View Post
yeah andrew ebbett was sure a better option than him at the beginning of the year
I don't know about that, I may disagree with you there - I wouldn't take Ebbett over hogson on most nights...

Closed Thread