HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida Selling (Versteeg Available)

Old
03-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Wizeman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgarnett View Post
How about this

Florida

Filip Kuba

Min

2013 6th

2013 7th
No way. Min has to add a 2nd rounder

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Erick

Filip Kuba is available for a sack of **** for any team that wants him.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Brendan Gaunce, 2nd round pick for Versteeg?

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Negative ghost rider.

Seatoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Versteeg and Goc/Matthais for Schroder, any D prospect not named Corrado, any forward prospect not named Jensen and a 2nd/Raymond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Not thanks to Versteeg, not the right fit, bad contract. Look at how people are all over Booth.

It is a Booth situation waiting to happen, also not keen on giving away some of the few decent prospects we have. would have interest in Goc though.

Last edited by Sergei Shirokov: 03-11-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Sergei Shirokov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:14 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
He's not coming here, if he is, a cap dump will be a part of any deal.
We could work with that.

Marcel Goc
Alex Petrovic
Scottie Upshall (Or Kuba)
2nd Round Pick (or 2014 2nd or 3rd)

Roberto Luongo
Andrew Ebbett
Yann Sauve

(Others need to be thrown in so contract line up)

I think that is a pretty fair price for Lu. Actually I think it is more than fair since we take a bad contract back in Upshall.

Markstrom doesn't seem to be ready and as it has been stated throwing him into the fire isn't the best way to develop him. Luongo can play, help your team remain competitive as you transition and ease more of the young talent into the lineup and help mentor Markstrom like he did with Cory.

For us Goc is the 3C we need, Petro is a nice prospect (You seem to have alot of young defenders and D prospects), we can use Upshall then buy him out, and that pick is also nice as our prospect pool is thin.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:22 AM
masterson*

When are things going to change? Panthers fans really deserve better as it always seems this team i in the same spot, looking to trade what few valuable assets they have left.

masterson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:33 AM
GoldenJet89

it looks bad sure. but in the long run its going to pay off. look at all the great young players they already have contributing, plus more in the system. if they can add picks to this years draft or get a few prospects the future looks really good imo

obviously guys like versteeg and flash and that have value, and without them the team will suffer in the short term. but lets be serious, theyre not contending for the cup these next few years so why not add for the future

GoldenJet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:37 AM
canuck4life16
Shinkaruk+Henrik=!!!

vCash: 50
what is the price for Shawn Matthias

canuck4life16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:04 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Pretty sure Chicago is interested in Goc...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:05 AM
SchultzSquared

How about Ryan Jones + EDM's two 2nd round picks for Versteeg

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:18 AM
DanNYI2191

Does Versteeg have some character/attitude issues? The guy's been traded 2-3 times already.

DanNYI2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:38 AM
topchowda

Maybe trade versteeg or Goc. But keep the core of Huberdeau,Kulikov,Markstrom,Gudbranson and Bjustad. That will be a very good core in a few years.

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:25 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
Luongo worked very hard this last offseason, to bring his game into line with his current abilities. He came out of camp ready and able to play his best hockey in years. It is a shame Gillis couldn't work out a deal. It was well known that there were holes in Vancouver's roster and future. Yet, no deal was done. From this I conclude there was no hockey deal to be had. The contract became the issue and the player became secondary to that. Tallon elected to go with his goaltending as it was and Vancouver had to keep a disgruntled employee.

This ruined two team's seasons and the career of a good goalie.

Gillis does not seem interested in doing a deal at this time. There have been no preparatory moves at all. Of course there is time, still, but why wait until this late? Is Gillis hitting the bong too hard? Canucks sit in sixth, fourteenth overall. Help has been needed all season. The organization has two centers that are slow and won't shoot and a kid emulating them. That's it for centers.

My point is, if there was any desire to do anything, it would have been done before now. The time has passed, anyway. Why would Florida take on a contract, now, after thier season is cratered? They should be dumping salaries, not adding expensive upgrades.

No trade coming, IMO. No evidence of it at all.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:36 AM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
We could work with that.

Marcel Goc
Alex Petrovic
Scottie Upshall (Or Kuba)
2nd Round Pick (or 2014 2nd or 3rd)

Roberto Luongo
Andrew Ebbett
Yann Sauve

(Others need to be thrown in so contract line up)

I think that is a pretty fair price for Lu. Actually I think it is more than fair since we take a bad contract back in Upshall.

Markstrom doesn't seem to be ready and as it has been stated throwing him into the fire isn't the best way to develop him. Luongo can play, help your team remain competitive as you transition and ease more of the young talent into the lineup and help mentor Markstrom like he did with Cory.

For us Goc is the 3C we need, Petro is a nice prospect (You seem to have alot of young defenders and D prospects), we can use Upshall then buy him out, and that pick is also nice as our prospect pool is thin.
Markstrom is ready. He's taking a few lumps here and there like any rookie goalie. But mostly he's been very good. He would have more wins if he was playing on even a semi-competitive team.

I don't see us moving Petrovic anyway, in any trade. We'd sooner move Howden or Grimaldi. Robak hasn't been that impressive and he has 3 AHL seasons under his belt. Petrovic projects to be a very solid d-man and will be ready to step in soon. We really need him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNYI2191 View Post
Does Versteeg have some character/attitude issues? The guy's been traded 2-3 times already.
Hockey sense issues. Ever since halfway through last season, Versteeg started believing he was Pat Kane and he could stickhandle through anybody. Most of the time he turns the puck over at the opposing blueline. He is just frustrating as hell to watch and most Panthers fans are sick of him.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:10 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Markstrom is ready. He's taking a few lumps here and there like any rookie goalie. But mostly he's been very good. He would have more wins if he was playing on even a semi-competitive team.

I don't see us moving Petrovic anyway, in any trade. We'd sooner move Howden or Grimaldi. Robak hasn't been that impressive and he has 3 AHL seasons under his belt. Petrovic projects to be a very solid d-man and will be ready to step in soon. We really need him.
Change Petrovic to Howden or Trocheck and make the 2nd this years 2nd and its a deal.

That's a great price for elite goaltending and Markstrom may be ready but rushing goalies isn't a good thing and allowing them time to completely mature and develop and let them over cook is a great thing, like we did with Schneider.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:14 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Change Petrovic to Howden or Trocheck and make the 2nd this years 2nd and its a deal.

That's a great price for elite goaltending and Markstrom may be ready but rushing goalies isn't a good thing and allowing them time to completely mature and develop and let them over cook is a great thing, like we did with Schneider.
Still don't see this happening.
Lou is still on the books for 6.7m(salary) for a while.

Not sure the Canucks would keep a percentage of it to make it more attractive.

I'm not sold on Markstrom, compared to others, but I rather see him in net than have a high paid goaltender and less money spent on the skaters.

This team will be a floor team for the near future, and I rather not see a goalie(and Campbell) take up 13.7 million in salary for the next 3-4 years.

Money aside, I don't see Tallon giving up any of his guys he drafted. Especially Trocheck who has been lighting it up in the minors. With this team weak at the center spot, I doubt we move a center prospect that should be in the AHL next year or compete for a spot with the Panthers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Maybe trade versteeg or Goc. But keep the core of Huberdeau,Kulikov,Markstrom,Gudbranson and Bjustad. That will be a very good core in a few years.
I agree. I think Tallon will try to move guys that are soon to be UFA's or worn out their welcome.

I can see Versteeg moved out, not sure what his value is. I just hope he finds a way to get rid of Upshall and Kuba. Waste of 7.5 million dollars.

Last edited by ShootIt: 03-11-2013 at 06:25 AM.
ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Not thanks to Versteeg, not the right fit, bad contract. Look at how people are all over Booth.

It is a Booth situation waiting to happen, also not keen on giving away some of the few decent prospects we have. would have interest in Goc though.
Versteeg is a better offensive player than Booth at this point in time and the last 3 seasons.

I would take "Verbeauty" over Booth.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Not that another Luongo debate isn't riveting but what would Florida want from the Habs for Kopecky? If we can pick him for one our many picks. That would be perfect.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Still don't see this happening.
Lou is still on the books for 6.7m(salary) for a while.

Not sure the Canucks would keep a percentage of it to make it more attractive.

I'm not sold on Markstrom, compared to others, but I rather see him in net than have a high paid goaltender and less money spent on the skaters.

This team will be a floor team for the near future, and I rather not see a goalie(and Campbell) take up 13.7 million in salary for the next 3-4 years.

Money aside, I don't see Tallon giving up any of his guys he drafted. Especially Trocheck who has been lighting it up in the minors. With this team weak at the center spot, I doubt we move a center prospect that should be in the AHL next year or compete for a spot with the Panthers.
Alright Howden then.

Your team may be a floor team, but really the thing about it is from a business POV you can't afford to be a team that is at the bottom of the standings every year, Lu may pack a punch to the cap (although if you are a floor team maybe that's not such a bad thing) but with us taking a bad contract back (Which is the part that makes it more appealing, instead of taking a part of the contract) it will really help the situation.

Plus your team when healthy is good enough to make the playoffs with the elite goaltending Luongo can provide, which is a huge thing for your franchise.

And he helps your team remain competitive while your young players come into the line-up and grow into players that can carry your team, rather than run the risk of them accepting the losing like your last core did, and Edmonton appears to be doing.

then when your team is competitive and a contender, Luongo and his contract are long gone.

You can get that all for the little return of Goc (Who will likely be shopped anyways) a prospect in Howden who is decent but you have other guys, and a 2nd Round. That also includes us taking on Upshall's terrible contract (Or Kuba's) (All that for an elite, top 5 goaltender!)

We add a piece for the playoffs and a few decent piece to add to our prospect pool, you add an elite goaltender that will really benefit your team moving forward.

Win - Win.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Versteeg is a better offensive player than Booth at this point in time and the last 3 seasons.

I would take "Verbeauty" over Booth.
It's really irrelevant, as the contract is where our interest should die, and they won't take a contract back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Not that another Luongo debate isn't riveting but what would Florida want from the Habs for Kopecky? If we can pick him for one our many picks. That would be perfect.
Canucks should look into Kopecy too (Your other team) although the price might be a bit high since our prospect pools lacks depth.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:42 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I'd really would like to see Versteeg back with the Hawks. That's a guy I'd really would welcome back.

or he should go to Winnipeg and play with Ladd again. They had some good chemistry
No thx on coming back to Chicago with that price tag.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:06 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Alright Howden then.

Your team may be a floor team, but really the thing about it is from a business POV you can't afford to be a team that is at the bottom of the standings every year, Lu may pack a punch to the cap (although if you are a floor team maybe that's not such a bad thing) but with us taking a bad contract back (Which is the part that makes it more appealing, instead of taking a part of the contract) it will really help the situation.
Snip
We add a piece for the playoffs and a few decent piece to add to our prospect pool, you add an elite goaltender that will really benefit your team moving forward.

Win - Win.
Howden was drafted by Tallon's first draft with the Panthers.
I would assume he will be counted on next year if we sell off guys like Kopecky, Upshall(buyout) etc.

Being at the bottom sucks, but, at least we will actually have the chance to draft a difference maker. For too long Vokoun and Luongo would steal enough games for the Panthers to have the amazing draft selection between 10-14 overall.

If Tallon doesn't like what he sees from Markstrom, I could maybe see Luongo in the offseason, but, I'm sure he'll explore other options of getting a good goaltender cheaper.

This team is just playing sloppy, minus the Huberdeau-Shore-Mueller line.
Poor back checking, defensemen playing too far off skaters, allowing easy entrance into our zone etc...
While goaltending hasn't been perfect, the defensive play is a big reason for our -31 goal differential

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:10 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Goc to Anaheim for?

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:53 AM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Goc to Anaheim for?
I think a player coming back make sense for us, We have alot of depth that I think we need to fill some holes next season

If not a 2nd.

My question is What would anaheim want for Peter Holland? I am very intrigued by him.

ursavolta is offline   Reply With Quote