HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[EDM/TOR] Mike Brown for a 4th rounder in 2014

Old
03-05-2013, 02:25 AM
kihei

vCash: 179
Answers the call. Good speed, but often out of position. Will defend the kids with enthusiasm. Seemingly well liked by fellow players. A very committed player without being a very smart one. Virtually no offensive skill whatsoever. Takes some dumb penalties. In a limited role as guard dog, he will probably be a good addition for Edmonton. Fair trade, both ways.

Last edited by kihei: 03-05-2013 at 02:29 PM.
kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Finnpin

vCash: 500
Oilers are preparing to meet the Ducks.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:48 AM
kingdok

Good trade for both teams. Oilers can use a guy like Brown and Leafs can use a 4th round pick.

kingdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyvale420 View Post
The oilers can draft, it's their choice to follow the cbj mold and rush skinny 18 year olds into the nhl where men push them around thats the problem. No one couldve seen that coming eh edm fans. Maybe just everyone but edm fans
Who outside the 1st overall picks, and eberle, were rushed to the NHL recently?

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:53 AM
kingdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad mikowsky View Post
who outside the 1st overall picks, and eberle, were rushed to the nhl recently?
msp?

Old
03-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gazur voit View Post
msp?
You mean how he played a season in the swedish elite league after he was drafted?

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Pointteen

Quote:
msp?
Ultra Magnus earned his spot in the NHL. He was also demoted when he wasn't playing well the season after.

Pointteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Robert Theodorson

Edmonton definitely needs some age and grit, I like it.

Do more of the same in the future

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:46 AM
stish

The power of the Stache.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../20628216.html

stish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:57 PM
kingdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
You mean how he played a season in the swedish elite league after he was drafted?
He could have used more then a year. Or maybe he was just not as good as advertised.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

Matt Frattin 2.0 welcome to the Leafs!

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Johnny Utah

At this point the Oilers needed to do something. When they played my Kings awhile back the only tough player playing was Mark Fristic (when Eager was out hurt). Now Eager is back, but he probably will be careful fighting because of his recent concussion.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:35 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Do you honestly think 4th round draft picks become regular NHL players?
Holzer, Reimer, Frattin to name a few on our roster. So, yes. Just like any other draft pick regardless of round can become a regular NHL player

NaiveLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
Holzer, Reimer, Frattin to name a few on our roster. So, yes. Just like any other draft pick regardless of round can become a regular NHL player
TML have drafted a bunch in the later rounds that are decent NHL players. Ian White, Stalberg etc. If your scouting department finds a gem in the fourth round thats more of a scouting win than a GM/trade win. I wont lose sleep over it since the Leafs are in the east so we wont have to play that guy if he ever does pan out. Oilers wouldnt have made good use of he pick.

They woulda picked some plug from the Oil kings or WHL that has size but no skill (if they didnt take him already in the second)

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
He could have used more then a year. Or maybe he was just not as good as advertised.
He had 9 points in 9 games at the World Championships playing against guys like Malkin and Datsyuk before he ever stepped foot in the NHL. He had a respectable 15 goals and 34 points as a rook. No one would have said he was rushed at the end of that year, but fast forward to a sophomore jinx and he's ruined. I guess the Coyotes did the same thing with Boedker, because we all know the second a young player doesn't have an upward development curve he has officially plateaued. Just look at Sam Gagner, that chump will probably finish with 40+ points again this year

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:52 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stish View Post
There is only one the Stache and he is at Florida.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:28 AM
David71

didnt he used to be a bad fighter? i recall he always seemed to bearhug guys. get in couple of shots. refs come in and fight is over.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:00 AM
Polo*

1st mistake for Nonis. Getting rid of Brown was ridiculous. You have 3 heavyweights...get rid of 1. Brown is all heart and grit...and someone you want in the playoffs in a tough series. He may not be the most skilled but he knows how to fire up a team...knock a guy out and throw a solid hit when you need one.

Bad move Nonis. If Leafs make playoffs this season thats a guy you want in your bottom six.

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:03 AM
The K Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
didnt he used to be a bad fighter? i recall he always seemed to bearhug guys. get in couple of shots. refs come in and fight is over.
Can't really remember how he fought before, but I remember him getting some tips from Jay Rosehill a year or two ago who pretty much put his head down and threw as many punches as possible, which is kinda what Brown does now.

The K Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:05 AM
Polo*

to add a 4th is a good return for Brown..but with the leafs sniffing the playoffs...I think this is the year you keep someone like Brown. Any other year I might say otherwise...but it could be their first appearance in a very long time..and someone like him comes in handy. He wont score many goals but he will get your team going with a good solid shift.

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:49 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

I've been very pleased with his play since joining our club. He's been in 2 spirited scraps and came out on top in both of them, scored a goal tonight and drew a penalty which led to another goal being scored, he works very hard and he plays the body every single chance that he gets. I wish the Leafs the best with the pick that they'll receive, however as of now this player is of much more value to this particular team than that pick would be.

03-11-2013, 05:12 AM
roach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I've been very pleased with his play since joining our club. He's been in 2 spirited scraps and came out on top in both of them, scored a goal tonight and drew a penalty which led to another goal being scored, he works very hard and he plays the body every single chance that he gets. I wish the Leafs the best with the pick that they'll receive, however as of now this player is of much more value to this particular team than that pick would be.
0_o
That's a weird closing statement considering the pick is absolutely valueless as it stands because the draft hasn't taken place, although I am certain you know this and you are just legitimizing the trade to your own psyche, right?

roach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:07 AM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
0_o
That's a weird closing statement considering the pick is absolutely valueless as it stands because the draft hasn't taken place, although I am certain you know this and you are just legitimizing the trade to your own psyche, right?
He said as of now... And that pick doesn't mean much to us because we have a bunch of prospects and need gritty players like him in the bottom 6.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Deuce Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Im glad its working out for you guys. You guys needed some sandpaper and Brown is 80 grit.

Deuce Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote