Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's up with Teemu?

Old
03-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Fasthnator

vCash: 500
In before he scores 4 goals tonight because he got mad at this thread.

Fasthnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
eenok*

can be so that selanne is at pointstrike for letting team HEADBRAINS knowing something new for team must show up.

can easily think in his shoes: yeah nice playing at least one more year an have some nice magic moments at ice w vatanen. yeah vatanen should play,would woke up teemus joy of playing hockey at the right ways. vatanen just playin great at AHL . ***** an + ratings are very higher for each more games playd!

putting in vatanen will make teemus playing more fun an boy will point more!

EENOK,HOCKEYPROFESSOR,IL,FINLAND

eenok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
can be so that selanne is at pointstrike for letting team HEADBRAINS knowing something new for team must show up.

can easily think in his shoes: yeah nice playing at least one more year an have some nice magic moments at ice w vatanen. yeah vatanen should play,would woke up teemus joy of playing hockey at the right ways. vatanen just playin great at AHL . ***** an + ratings are very higher for each more games playd!

Wtf am I reading eenok?

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post

That's clearly it, Teemu is refusing to score points until Vatanen is called up. Sound logic there.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:06 PM
eenok*

bb hates finnhockey someway.

selanne on strike an vatanen at AHL for being too good.

then letting jokelydman play at NHL. talk bout letting vatanen to feel himself crap.

EENOK;IL;HOCKEYPROFESSOR;FINLANd

eenok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
He's right you know. Boudreau clearly hates Finnish hockey. He -only- has three Fins on the team, and gives them all lots of ice time.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:27 AM
yadui

He was point per game pace until game sixteen or so. He's been known to be streaky and latest line combos have not helped to get back on board. Reduced PP time isn't helping either. He has also mentioned to Finnish media that the mini-season schedule does not allow him enough time to recover between games.

I wouldn't call it his last season yet though. With more humane schedule and fitting line-mates he is still about a point per game player. He always talks about importance of having fun and contributing point-wise is a big part of fun for likes of him. I hope he gets it going soon again.

Last edited by yadui: 03-11-2013 at 10:11 AM.
yadui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Lapa
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1068
Selänne said in an interview for a Finnish newspaper that the shortened season is hard for him.

Quote:
This year is the first year that I am completely tired after a game. I don't have enough time to recover between games, Selänne says to Ilta-Sanomat
I think that is one of the biggest reasons.

Last edited by Lapa: 03-11-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Lapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Finnpin

Maybe BB should give Teemu few day offs and let him rest his body...

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:06 AM
yadui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Maybe BB should give Teemu few day offs and let him rest his body...
I think I saw somewhere BB saying that he tried to hide Teemu's skates on optional practice day, but he just got another pair somewhere That was earlier though, when they had more than one day breaks.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:56 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
Selänne said in an interview for a Finnish newspaper that the shortened season is hard for him.

Quote:
This year is the first year that I am completely tired after a game. I don't have enough time to recover between games, Selänne says to Ilta-Sanomat
I think that is one of the biggest reasons.
Really sounds like retirement talk to me.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:35 AM
roto

I calculated once that usually they play about 3.15 games per week during regular reason and now after the lockout the ratio is about 3.4. So they play about 0.25 games per week more than usually => ~ one game per month. Many people are talking about "condensed schedule" but actually the difference is small, and it really can't be used as a good excuse.

If it's now hard to recover for Teemu I bet it wouldn't be easier next year during a 82-game regular season.

roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by roto View Post
I calculated once that usually they play about 3.15 games per week during regular reason and now after the lockout the ratio is about 3.4. So they play about 0.25 games per week more than usually => ~ one game per month. Many people are talking about "condensed schedule" but actually the difference is small, and it really can't be used as a good excuse.

If it's now hard to recover for Teemu I bet it wouldn't be easier next year during a 82-game regular season.
After tonight, they will have played seven games in the last 12 days though. Don't think that's normal. But yeah, maybe BB should give Selanne a night off here and there, same with Koivu when (if) a playoff spot has been clinched.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Really sounds like retirement talk to me.
He specifically said the the more intense schedule this season is the main reason. During a normal season it wouldn't be an issue.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:58 AM
tANNERRRR54

He has been basically invisible for a large majority of the games this season

tANNERRRR54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:09 AM
AngelDuck

He played much better tonight. It was his best game in while. Made some nice plays with the puck and had a couple dangerous chances.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:27 AM
yadui

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
He played much better tonight. It was his best game in while. Made some nice plays with the puck and had a couple dangerous chances.
I agree... and linemates can't get any better than that.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:19 AM
phamJET

with a proven scorer like teemu, as long as he is getting chances to score then everything is fine. He cant score all the time, but as long as his play is producing scoring chances for him or his line mates then everything is fine.

phamJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:21 AM
DarthYenik

It's the ketchup bottle stuff. He's had these rough patches every now and then. Once he starts scoring, we'll look back at this thread and laugh.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:21 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
He specifically said the the more intense schedule this season is the main reason. During a normal season it wouldn't be an issue.
He had problems last season, too. I know we all want him to play forever, but he is going to retire at some point. He has looked like he has been closing in on that point for a while.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:27 AM
bumperkisser

i honestly wouldn't mind letting selanne sit for a game or 2. i mean we do it for the veteran D. why not for selanne? and koivu can sit too. they are a big part of this team I understand. but now we can almost look forward to the playoffs.. we'd have to like only win 5 or 6 games in regulation the rest of the way to not make the PO's. and thats when we need everyone pulling their hardest on the rope. a day off maybe on back end of a back to back or osmething wouldnt hurt. tonight we got to see alot of our prospects get more icetime. they showed that they were responsibly defensive for the most part which will then slowly translate into offense

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:09 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
i honestly wouldn't mind letting selanne sit for a game or 2. i mean we do it for the veteran D. why not for selanne? and koivu can sit too. they are a big part of this team I understand. but now we can almost look forward to the playoffs.. we'd have to like only win 5 or 6 games in regulation the rest of the way to not make the PO's. and thats when we need everyone pulling their hardest on the rope. a day off maybe on back end of a back to back or osmething wouldnt hurt. tonight we got to see alot of our prospects get more icetime. they showed that they were responsibly defensive for the most part which will then slowly translate into offense
Definately this. But we should preobably do it when Palmieri is back.°

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:36 AM
CrazyDuck4u

He seems like he has lost a step.. His speed is there but his fatigue is not to well, His hands also have been subpar.. You know what though, After all these years of his wonderful service... its ok.. But I got a feeling if we can pick up a nice speedy number 2 center.. his game will increase.. Him being taken off the #1 pp unit has alot to do with his struggles.. and I noticed he keeps falling all the time.. I think his knee might be acting up again..time will tell. As of now.. I would be shocked if he plays another year..

CrazyDuck4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Nikko*

This is probably his last year. Lets just appreciate the time we get to watch a legend.

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:47 PM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

Teemu has been too busy making cheesy commercials.

FinRuutu is offline   Reply With Quote