HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Capitals 3/10/13 - Boyle? Slapshot? Powerplay? Apocalypse.

View Poll Results: Three Stars of the Game?
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Martin Biron 109 77.30%
Henrik Lundqvist 3 2.13%
Steve Eminger 3 2.13%
Matt Gilroy 1 0.71%
Ryan McDonagh 77 54.61%
Rick Nash 75 53.19%
Ryan Callahan 51 36.17%
Marian Gaborik 4 2.84%
Taylor Pyatt 1 0.71%
Jeff Halpern 2 1.42%
Darroll Powe 1 0.71%
Michael Haley 1 0.71%
Derek Stepan 26 18.44%
Carl Hagelin 15 10.64%
Michael Del Zotto 0 0%
Dan Girardi 2 1.42%
Brian Boyle 42 29.79%
Stu Pickles 4 2.84%
JT Miller 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Oh, and Gaborik- YIKES. Guy is playing uber tentative right now. Hopefully hes saving it up for the last few weeks and playoffs. Hes playing like he doesnt want to get hurt and hes going to wind up hurting himself by playing that way (hope not)
Doesn't even compete in the corners loses every puck, and I know it's not his game but he's shying away from contact while Steps and Cally are killing themselves to get the puck...on one shift Cally and Steps controlled the puck for about 20 seconds and passed it to Gabby who passed it directly to Carllson...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Cally getting that Nash goal was BS. There was no way he deflected that shot. That shot was aimed top corner the whole way and didn't change any direction.

That's really my only gripe, oh that and the slow start. The slow starts have to stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I came here specifically to talk about that play. I saw it on replay again just now...how did they credit Callahan with that?

That needs to be changed. Its clearly Nash's goal.
As the game is over and NBC got their drama story, they can probably safely change it back to Nash now.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:24 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

What was so great about the game yesterday? That the refs called penalties on the Rangers that clearly weren't, that Cally is a diver and a prima donna, or that there was a fanbase rooting for the visiting team?

Man, those Cap fans sure are delirious.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:27 PM
cjc5103

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
What was so great about the game yesterday? That the refs called penalties on the Rangers that clearly weren't, that Cally is a diver and a prima donna, or that there was a fanbase rooting for the visiting team?

Man, those Cap fans sure are delirious.

I loved seeing all the Rangers fans in attendance at the Verizon Center. Great atmosphere. We even got a Let's go Rangers chant in the 3rd period when the game was out of hand.

cjc5103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc5103 View Post
I loved seeing all the Rangers fans in attendance at the Verizon Center. Great atmosphere. We even got a Let's go Rangers chant in the 3rd period when the game was out of hand.
Nothing compared to the fishstix game though.

I didn't even realize it was an away game right away, because the crowd was almost all rangers fans

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Leetch2McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Doesn't even compete in the corners loses every puck, and I know it's not his game but he's shying away from contact while Steps and Cally are killing themselves to get the puck...on one shift Cally and Steps controlled the puck for about 20 seconds and passed it to Gabby who passed it directly to Carllson...
absolutely......it is crazy how unwilling to engage in any type of play other than receiving a pass and unloading it because he won't chance being hit. Either that or he'll shoot, most likely low percentage weak wrister. He won't go into corners, waves at pucks as an attempt to clear, has zero compete level compared to the rest of the team. And he makes 7.5 mill and is supposed to be a "go-to" scorer on our team. LOL

Leetch2McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:30 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Nothing compared to the fishstix game though.

I didn't even realize it was an away game right away, because the crowd was almost all rangers fans
When the Rangers scored in overtime and won the game, that place was louder than MSG. There must have been 10,000+ Ranger fans that night. I can't recall any islander fans in my section at all.