HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Moving Schneider is the Canucks Best Move

Old
03-11-2013, 12:00 PM
tacoburrito

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
you can doubt it all you want, Schneider wont be traded anyways, if so that is the minimum price
thanks i will.. enjoy "1a"

tacoburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:02 PM
zeus3007*

Jonathan Bernier hasn't gotten LA a huge return. Yes, Schneider has a ton of potential and looks good, but for the most part, goalies don't get traded for "huge returns". They'd probably be better off moving Lou and his cap hit, regardless of the return.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:04 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
schneider & ballard
for
vishnovsky, okposo & nino

or

for Versteeg & Kulikov
I'd be shocked if you got Kuliov alone. And certainly not both Okposo and Nino, if you get either you're probably lucky.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Josefson and a 1st(15th-20th) for Schneider and a 2nd(50th-60th)

Let's not kid ourselves goalies, never ever bring back big returns.
No way canucks take that when they were offered the 11th pick and a 2nd for him from Colorado years ago and schneiders stock has only risen since then.

I'd do Schneider for Larsson but u guys wouldn't like that I bet

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:09 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
No way canucks take that when they were offered the 11th pick and a 2nd for him from Colorado years ago and schneiders stock has only risen since then.

I'd do Schneider for Larsson but u guys wouldn't like that I bet
But the goalie market has dried up...Schneider isn't even close to Larson, simply because d-men are worth way more than goalies.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Josefson and a 1st(15th-20th) for Schneider and a 2nd(50th-60th)

Let's not kid ourselves goalies, never ever bring back big returns.
This is a very fair offer.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
For anyone mentioning NJ - they have to forfeit a 1st round pick either this draft or next. Also, this year the draft is in NJ so I don't know how inclined they'd be to trade/forfeit a pick in the time they're hosting it.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:16 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Take out Nino and sub in something else and it works.

EDIT:

Nabakov + Vis + KO for Schneider + Ballard + a late pick?
Nabby would be good to backup Luo
problem is we have to get some kind of a future out of this deal ... not sure KO is enough. Also, that's and extra +3M coming to Van...cant afford it

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Nabby would be good to backup Luo
problem is we have to get some kind of a future out of this deal ... not sure KO is enough. Also, that's and extra +3M coming to Van...cant afford it
Is Malhotra on LTIR or still on active roster? Either you guys can LTIR him or move him to us (he is a UFA after this year anyways). Could include Reasoner in there as well then if you need a 4th line faceoff guy.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:23 PM
ehockey

No way Lou moves Henrique or Larsson. Ever.

And with Marty signed through next year we would not trade for Schneider to sit behind him, and there have always been talk and reports of waiting until after Marty leaves to address the goaltending of the future. That includes having one of the younger guys be a stop-gap for a year or two while that gets sorted out.

ehockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:25 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Why would it be the maximum when Schneider has put up better stats every season until now?
The goalie game is very much a "what have you done for me lately" scenario. Schneider's play this year has most certainly negatively affected his value.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:27 PM
trellaine201

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Best young goaltender?

Is that why your team has considered trading him?

Yeesh Canuck fans.
Schneider is over rated. Every team does this. And hes 26! Not 21-22 or 23

trellaine201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:28 PM
pld459666

best course of action is to spend the few extra scheckles and buy out Loungo.

no one is taking that contract and you have your goalie of the future already on the team now. Get the transition started now while you can.

Just because the core is a bit aged, doesn't mean you should keep your older goalie over the younger guy that's just as good.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Except he's not... there is literally no metric by which Schneider is better than Varlamov...

"We ain't talking trades of yesteryear"

Yes he is now... and he is as mediocre as everyone thought he was going to be... you don't get full value for Schneider as a starter because right now he is no better than someone like Dubnyk... and I don't see anyone pitching Dubnyk for Henrique++.

"Fine" but not at a superstar level, which is what you are asking for...
I never asked for a 'superstar' trade.

Hes worth the #10 pick in this years draft. No more, no less. Whatever the equivalent of that is, be my guest to determine.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:33 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post

Hes worth the #10 pick in this years draft. No more, no less. Whatever the equivalent of that is, be my guest to determine.
You still have to find a team willing to pay that. Which teams need goalies now?

-Schneider is 27 and in his prime now, so eiliminate all the teams unlikely to compete in the next 2 years
-Next, eliminate all the teams with goalies
-Also, eliminate all the teams with up and comming goalies of their own

You're going to find out it's a very small list of teams looking for Schneider. No one may be willing to pay his "worth".

Old
03-11-2013, 12:35 PM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Schnieder would ultimately net the Canucks a better return as he doesn't have a ridiculous contract attached to him. NJ would seem to be an ideal partner.

Something like Henrique + 1st + Frazee (or another G-prospect that can replace Lack in the minors) + Matteau (or another prospect).

Not sure what NJ or Vancouver fans would think, but Henrique would almost certainly have to be part of the deal.
That is a massive overpayment also the Canucks don't need another Goalie Prospect we have another that is looking pretty good in Joe Cannata. I doubt the Devils move Henrique as he looks to be a big part of their core (could be wrong and if so sweet). If something like Henrique + 1st + Matteau (too much youth coming Van's way atm) is coming Van's way. We would have to be adding back probably along the lines of Schroeder+ a 2nd. Schroeder is NHL-Ready but we also have Jensen who looks to be on the cusp of being NHL-Ready too and is a bigger winger which would give him an advantage) Schroeder would look decent as a 2nd line Center or good as an offensive 3rd line Center as long as you guys give him decent linemates for the last little while Schroeder's been paired with offensive Dyanmo Tom Sestito and "The Dutch Gretzky" Dale Weise. Which has hindered his points this year. Defensively he is better than you expect out of a small Center. He will probably never win a Selke but he shouldn't hurt you more than he'll help you.

If Schneider is going to NJ I do believe Henrique would be the main request from Gillis.

Maybe something like

Henrique, Mark Fayne (or another RSD), 1st, and middling prospect.

For

Schneider, Ballard, Schroeder and a 3rd.

I'm not to knowledgable on NJ Defense. From the Stats looks like he is behind Larsson and Zidlicky on the Right side, and would probably be in the same position over here as Tanev is a solid D who allows his partner play a freer game (which is why Ballard plays so well with Tanev).

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:38 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Is Malhotra on LTIR or still on active roster? Either you guys can LTIR him or move him to us (he is a UFA after this year anyways). Could include Reasoner in there as well then if you need a 4th line faceoff guy.
yeah, reasoner a useful piece for us too ...we still cant afford all that though ...even with Kesler, Bieksa, Manny all on IR ...

If the $ could work, I'd do it if we get the pick upgrade

LV, KO, EN, MR, 2nd
for
CS, KB, 4th

Sedins-Burr
Booth-Kesler-Okposo
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen
Higgins-Reasoner-Kassian

Vishnovsky-Edler
Hanhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Tanev

Luo
Nabby

pretty nasty

problems -- Luby shoots left, we desperately need righties. Many canuckheads wont like it as it sells a lot of the future. Nabby & Vish walk this summer. Also, the $ issue..

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I would trade him for either Adam from New Jersey straight up.
Ya you can keep him in toronto...I mean vancouver.

Funny how the talk is how great an asset either are and we've been waiting for months for one to get moved for these great pieces. No one is going to pay what you are asking for and if you want to hold both instead then go wild.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
You still have to find a team willing to pay that. Which teams need goalies now?

-Schneider is 27 and in his prime now, so eiliminate all the teams unlikely to compete in the next 2 years
-Next, eliminate all the teams with goalies
-Also, eliminate all the teams with up and comming goalies of their own

You're going to find out it's a very small list of teams looking for Schneider. No one may be willing to pay his "worth".
I think they will, if that list is two teams or more. I think a 10th overall this year or the equivalent is not too much to ask for a fully developed goaltender.Took the Canucks a lot of blood sweat and tears to develop the guy.

Developing goalies like this from scratch is not as easy as it might appear. Find a team that has not developed a goalie and then hand them one ? This cheap with 2 more years ?

He may be more valuable than we let on.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:41 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Didn't feel like scrolling through all the crap in this thread to see if it's been asked before. How is Jon Merril's neck?

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:52 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:

So more than Varlamov... you just won't quit will you?

But to whoever brought it up previously... okay... let's say his value is nonsensically a top 12 pick...

30th Florida- Not getting a top-five pick anyway but they have Markstrom in the wings... no need for Schneider... injuries not goal have been their problem

29th Buffalo- With Miller and Enroth will be trying to trade a goalie not add one... same boat as Vancouver almost...

28th TB- Not getting a top five pick for Schneider alone...

27th Washington- Have Neuvirth Holtby Grubauer to break in and assess still... Caps have lots of problems but goal is the last of them...

26th Calgary- Kipper still has miles on him and don't think we see Schneider go within NW...

25th Edmonton- Dubnyk is about as proven/unproven as Schneider... Oilers will wait to see what they have in him and try to shore up D which is bigger issue... still could pick top three anyway...

24th Columbus- Rolling with Mason Bobrovsky and seems to be going okay

23rd Colorado- Yeah no just paid 11th overall for a young superior goalie

22nd Philadelphia- One of the ONLY two teams I could see doing this... and they still have to find a place for Bryzgalov's salary first before they could consider Schneider and his $4M... besides I think they shoot out of this area anyway as the roster comes around...

21st NYI- Nabokov holding down the fort right now... Poulin Nilsson coming along more slowly than I think NYI thought... could offer up the pick but have a feeling Snow will go big when he goes for a goalie... Schneider is not proven as a starter and NYI has had enough of bandaids in the DiPietro hiatus era...

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:06 PM
JimtheMagicalHamster

Quote:
Something like Henrique + 1st + Frazee (or another G-prospect that can replace Lack in the minors) + Matteau (or another prospect).
You really think Schneider is worth the equivalent of two first round picks and one of last year's Calder finalists? Personally, I wouldn't trade Henrique for Schneider straight up, let alone in a package with Matteau and a 1st.

The Devils already have trouble filling their top 6 and the forward prospect pool is pretty bare. They aren't going to trade away two of their best young forward assets for a goalie they don't need.

JimtheMagicalHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:18 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Schnieder would ultimately net the Canucks a better return as he doesn't have a ridiculous contract attached to him. NJ would seem to be an ideal partner.

Not sure what NJ or Vancouver fans would think, but Henrique would almost certainly have to be part of the deal.
Not a fan of either team. That's a massive overpayment from NJ.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:25 PM
blankall

Quote:
I think they will, if that list is two teams or more. I think a 10th overall this year or the equivalent is not too much to ask for a fully developed goaltender.Took the Canucks a lot of blood sweat and tears to develop the guy.

Developing goalies like this from scratch is not as easy as it might appear. Find a team that has not developed a goalie and then hand them one ? This cheap with 2 more years ?

He may be more valuable than we let on.
No one cares how much time you've invested in him. All anybody cares about is how good of a player he is. Every team in the league invests time in players that just don't work out.

If all it takes is two teams, name them. I just cannot see any team in the top 10 giving up their draft pick.

A more likely scenario is late 1st or 2nd plus 2nd/3rd line centre.

Schneider is going to have to go on a run of 5+ solid games to pump up his value again, if you want more than that.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Leo W
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
The market for the best proven young goaltender not named Carey Price is going to be steep. Canucks may have to add some depth players as well, but I don't see Schneider moving for any less then a proven young NHLer, 1st round pick, and a prospect.
Wow...

Anyways, I think the Devils would probably rather go with Bernier because he will be cheaper and has the potential to be the same level as Schneider.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote