HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 09:27 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Congrats to Ho Sang and Aleardi--they are each on pace to break David Clarkson's OHL record for the fewest passes in one season. "Why pass when you can carry the puck until you lose it, right?"
Aleardi has 11g and 36 points in 24 games for us. He can do whatever he wants with the puck

Quote:
Congrats Windsor, keep winning and wreck your draft position even more!
We have draft picks this year?

Old
03-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Spits hammer Knights and Hunter the Knob gong show 8-1,Paxton Ledouche loses 2 bouts
keep trying Paxton,Mermis takes a beating from Clark after challenging ,gotta know who are
fighting,Hughes with a dangerous hit from behind on Rychel,did not a Swiss player get crippled because of hits like these
inexcusable,Domi was more sizzle then steak today,off day for London goalies today hope it continues
Some London fans complain or
mention Boughner"s gong show,take a look in the mirror
London fans,Hunters are no different,the proof was today
Wow HL, I thought you were better than posts like this. Do you honestly think with the reputation that the Spits/Boughner has, combined with nothing to play for, that there was any other outcome possible? Knights have nothing to play for either, so of course a gong show would ensue.
With that said, its funny to hear those critique Stolarz, the guy has been very good at the right times. He has an off night during a gong show (love that term), and he (and the goalies) are the reason the Knights will fail.
Our goalies will be fine. If Spits could win with Engelage, all we need is a cardboard cutout nevermind two inexperienced goalies.
Playoffs and the golf season cant start soon enough, easy to figure out who belongs where.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:58 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Wow HL, I thought you were better than posts like this. Do you honestly think with the reputation that the Spits/Boughner has, combined with nothing to play for, that there was any other outcome possible? Knights have nothing to play for either, so of course a gong show would ensue.
With that said, its funny to hear those critique Stolarz, the guy has been very good at the right times. He has an off night during a gong show (love that term), and he (and the goalies) are the reason the Knights will fail.
Our goalies will be fine. If Spits could win with Engelage, all we need is a cardboard cutout nevermind two inexperienced goalies.
Playoffs and the golf season cant start soon enough, easy to figure out who belongs where.
Play like u did today u will join us

Old
03-10-2013, 10:05 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Okay, let's be realistic - both teams have a reputation for the rough stuff. It's not as if either team was a bunch of angels today.

London might be confident, and rightfully so. They dominated when they had to. Just remember, you're vulnerable and Windsor beating you handily twice this year proves it. Over-confidence will have you joining us on the links very soon.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:22 PM
H44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Shhhh OHLTG - Some London fans cant handle men of reason,their arrogance does not allow it
Congratulations to the Spits finishing 9th. - last year 8th. - hopefully this trend continues. It would be a disgrace to the league if the Spits were awarded next years Memorial Cup. Personaly, i hope Barrie gets it.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:26 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Aleardi has 11g and 36 points in 24 games for us. He can do whatever he wants with the puck

We have draft picks this year?
Well, an import pick anyways. I think London owns Missy's 2nd, so if you catch them, you can bump London up in the 2nd round as well.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:29 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Well, an import pick anyways. I think London owns Missy's 2nd, so if you catch them, you can bump London up in the 2nd round as well.
2 picks in the top 25 or so in the Euro draft,Sarnia"s 2nd,their own 3rd and Saginaws 4th by way of guelph is better then none

Old
03-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Okay, let's be realistic - both teams have a reputation for the rough stuff. It's not as if either team was a bunch of angels today.

London might be confident, and rightfully so. They dominated when they had to. Just remember, you're vulnerable and Windsor beating you handily twice this year proves it. Over-confidence will have you joining us on the links very soon.
That was kinda my point, both teams can mix it up and play 'beneath' themselves. Thats why I found HL's post to be outside the norm of his balanced thoughts towards things. It came across as it was all London and that we are the only ones that can be like that. It's all good though, its been a frustrating year in Spitsland.

Every team is vulnerable to some degree. The main point you made is in bold above. We may not win it all....but we certainly have the best chance to. And that, I will take any day.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:08 AM
sbrug

Quote:
That was kinda my point, both teams can mix it up and play 'beneath' themselves. Thats why I found HL's post to be outside the norm of his balanced thoughts towards things. It came across as it was all London and that we are the only ones that can be like that. It's all good though, its been a frustrating year in Spitsland.

Every team is vulnerable to some degree. The main point you made is in bold above. We may not win it all....but we certainly have the best chance to. And that, I will take any day.
Yeah, both teams were guilty of the perceived gong show. Legend also fails to mention that Mermis/Clark was an even fight despite Clark shooting a puck at Mermis intentionally which started the bout. I guess Boughner doesn't follow the unwritten rules of hockey such as making a guy fight twice in the game, and throwing punches when the guy is already down and the linesmen get involved. Also he has no memory of the 6'6" 220 lbs Sanvido fighting the 5'8" 163 lbs Pawley. Only when the shoe fits.

At about 25 minutes into the game, it seemed like it turned to crap play from both teams. Knights were weak on the puck in their own end, didn't give up many chances, but gave up high scoring chances that Windsor was able to bury. London couldn't seem to buy a goal. They had many chances, but it wasn't going in.

Can't take too much from this game, Windsor went 3-3 against London last year too. Windsor also beat the unstoppable Whalers this year a couple weeks ago.

London and Plymouth both have question marks in goal. Plymouth moreso IMO, with a 16 year old and Plymouth is probably not as good defensively as London is when healthy. Winning the West could very well be because of how good a goalie is playing at that time.

Just hope the Knights tighten up their play.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:19 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Legend also fails to mention that Mermis/Clark was an even fight despite Clark shooting a puck at Mermis intentionally which started the bout
Call me crazy, but when a guy drops the gloves and openly challenges a guy at center ice, that's probably what started the fight.

Quote:
Quote:
I guess Boughner doesn't follow the unwritten rules of hockey such as making a guy fight twice in the game,
When did not fighting twice become an unwritten rule?

Quote:
Also he has no memory of the 6'6" 220 lbs Sanvido fighting the 5'8" 163 lbs Pawley. Only when the shoe fits.
I still want to see replay on this. So much was going on, didn't even see how this started. (Sanvido isn't a fighter)

Old
03-11-2013, 09:29 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Call me crazy, but when a guy drops the gloves and openly challenges a guy at center ice, that's probably what started the fight.

When did not fighting twice become an unwritten rule?

I still want to see replay on this. So much was going on, didn't even see how this started. (Sanvido isn't a fighter)
Clark and Mermis had something going on near the end of the 2nd period. Looked like they were going to go then but didn't. In the 3rd, Clark intentionally took a shot at Mermis, yes Memris went out to center ice but it didn't look like instigating as they both decided to drop the gloves. Correct me if I'm wrong if you have a replay.

The fighting twice thing is actually not referring to yesterday. Plenty of guys have fought twice, it's the issue I have that goes back to a couple months ago when Leroux and Bowen fought in the first period. In the 3rd period, Leroux laid an open ice hit on Studnicka I believe which was clean, went uncalled, low and behold Bilcke looks at Boughner and he gives him the nod to drop the gloves on Leroux. It's bush league. Many people at the game were surprised there was no instigating, tho it seems if you're instigated upon you have to turtle this year because of the new rules. And Boughner whines to the refs when the same thing happens to his players.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:40 AM
aresknights

The TV had the camera on the other scrap, showing very little of the monster vs the munchkin.
Pawley plays with a bit of fiestiness for a lil guy and I wouldnt be surprised if he had some say in them going. But in no way is Pawley a fighter (or at least he shouldnt consider himself one) Jammes n Pawely getting in scraps late in the year Whoda thunk it?

Someone here had the same take as me as far as Londons compete, left in on the bus or maybe back at the Bud.

Scrappy game, couple of dangerous hits each side. (Hughes n Rychel). One answered for his, the other, not so much.

POs cant come soon enough for this group. They need the second season to start.

Still confident in a good PO run. Saggy up first in a rematch of last years tightest Knights series (6 games) Ill go with a Knights win in 4 or 5.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:49 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
but it didn't look like instigating as they both decided to drop the gloves. Correct me if I'm wrong if you have a replay.
I have a picture of Mermis standing there, gloves off, while Clark is giving him the "seriously?" look, gloves and sticks in hand. I'll post it, if you wish?

Old
03-11-2013, 09:50 AM
aresknights

Quote:
The fighting twice thing is actually not referring to yesterday. Plenty of guys have fought twice, it's the issue I have that goes back to a couple months ago when Leroux and Bowen fought in the first period. In the 3rd period, Leroux laid an open ice hit on Studnicka I believe which was clean, went uncalled, low and behold Bilcke looks at Boughner and he gives him the nod to drop the gloves on Leroux. It's bush league. Many people at the game were surprised there was no instigating, tho it seems if you're instigated upon you have to turtle this year because of the new rules. And Boughner whines to the refs when the same thing happens to his players.
Coaches always lobby for their teams, and often it looks hypocritical. I get why they do it, the emotions, competitve, looking for excuses, not looking in mirror, anger, whatever the reason is. Some coaches around the league do it more than others, and it really looks weak IMO. GMs n coaches shoulld worry about criticing themselves, thats where they can make a difference. LEave the *****ing to fans looking for excuses.

Thats why I like the coaches to stay away from the whining in the media. Keep it behind closed doors.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:54 AM
aresknights

Quote:
I have a picture of Mermis standing there, gloves off, while Clark is giving him the "seriously?" look, gloves and sticks in hand. I'll post it, if you wish?
That was Mermis way of asking politely if he wanted to fight after having a puck wing by him.
Clark look stunned a guy with no fights (maybe one if I missed it) would dare challenge him and excepted.

They had a little hug fest earlier where neither dropped the gloves. I think at that time Clark knew it woulda been his 11th so he didnt go.
What I dont get, is why shoot the puck at him, unless you want a reaction and why not skate away when Mermis dropped the gloves? If your trying to avoid that fight

Last edited by aresknights: 03-11-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old
03-11-2013, 11:13 AM
RayzorIsDull

[QUOTE=PhlyerPhanatic[/QUOTE]

For a person who says the game meant nothing you sure have a lot to say about it.

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 03-11-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old
03-11-2013, 11:39 AM
JL17

Mermis has no OHL fights but he gone a few times in the USHL.

The last page has been pretty funny to read... keep it up guys!

Old
03-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Snippit

Guys, any other good OHL/Knights forums that are worth going to (besides the NOOF)?

Thanks.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
youngblood10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
The last page has been pretty funny to read... keep it up guys!
That game wasn't a gong show, it was the remaining remanence of a none playoff Spits squad blowing out the disenchanted roll players of the Knights. With a handful of fights. I was entertained.

The game didn't mean anything as far as championship aspirations but it showed me once again that the Knights could have a big goaltending problem bite them in the behind.

Knights77 good call, the Spits winning with Engelage. Only difference is that the Knights are no '09 Spitfires.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:18 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Guys, any other good OHL/Knights forums that are worth going to (besides the NOOF)?

Thanks.
Depends on what you consider good.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:25 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Round 1 vs Saginaw

Looks like this is the sched for the 1st 4 games

March 22nd London
March 24th London
March 26th Saginaw
March 28th Saginaw

The 3 "if necessary" games TBD...I would lean towards this being the sched:

March 29th London
March 31st Saginaw
Apr. 1st London

Old
03-11-2013, 06:30 PM
OHLTG

Kind of tempted to try to figure out how to get to London for the 24th. Are tickets available?

Old
03-11-2013, 06:37 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Kind of tempted to try to figure out how to get to London for the 24th. Are tickets available?
Not for Windsor fans

Check the website...gotta be some available...wait...no sched posted yet..scratch that.

here SN:http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...AdIdZ463687927

If you get some tickets I'll lend ya a Knights jersey

Old
03-11-2013, 06:53 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Not for Windsor fans

Check the website...gotta be some available...wait...no sched posted yet..scratch that.

here SN:http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...AdIdZ463687927

If you get some tickets I'll lend ya a Knights jersey
Haha, I'll wear my Spits jersey...see how long it takes to get chirped

Old
03-11-2013, 07:05 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Haha, I'll wear my Spits jersey...see how long it takes to get chirped
Likely while I'm handing you the tickets