HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

min@nsh 3/9/2013

Old
03-11-2013, 03:46 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
#nhl ice time leader Ryan Suter now tied for second among defensemen with 17 assists. Point streak now at 7 games. #mnwild

Excuse my enthusiasm..... I am SO looking fwd to the Mid-West division next season. Should be fun.

let me know when the mild make the playoffs. Whats it been 3,4,5 years since you sniffed the playoffs last? Suter wont be be able turn that **** hole around.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:56 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Is he still a minus 6?
My first thought. Assists are nice, but the point of a D-man, especially a top pairing one, is to defend.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:20 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
There is a difference in making a mistake while trying to create something and going completely away from the structure to where even your linemates have no clue where you'll be on the ice in the offensive zone and abdicating all responsibility in the neutral and defensive zones. That abdication is what gets guys in the dog house, not trying to create offense.

Butler played 6 shifts in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd, 5 in the 3rd ... looking at the four penalties taken by us and his not playing on the PK, there's a correlation there. Boychuk with no special teams time at all played 6, 6, and 5 shifts.
So what's the point in even making waiver claims? If Trotz has a predefined "system" that you either fit into or you don't play, how often is someone going to be able to come in and fit right in? They can't all be Rich Clunes or Brandon Yips, seemingly.

I thought the whole point in taking a shot at those players was to stir up an extremely stagnant puddle? Or was it just to make players like Smith and Halischuk "nervous," rather than actually infusing any talent into the lineup?

I guess after we beat Edmonton, top team that they are, Trotz believed that the problems were solved and we could go back to doing things the tried and true, sub 2.00 GPG way?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:29 AM
deanwormer

ugh - a whole day and an hour lost sleep later and .......... we really did lose to that pile of dogpoop.

So - if you wanted to see what we miss about Suter - some nice outlet passes Sat. if you wanted to see what we should have gotten from Suter and never did - headlock on Goose? Where was that all those times Horny was getting pummeled? Better yet, where is our captain - who is a 6'4" beast - when that crap is going on? Or when our guys are getting boarded behind the net without calls?

Coffee w/Coach this AM Trotzy hinted that Suter may be the new Chelios - about the only thing to smile about with these guys after that mess.

deanwormer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:31 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

You want to know what I don't miss about Suter. "Suter with the shot, blocked, again Suter shoots, blocked" For all the good things he does on offense, shooting isn't one of them.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
let me know when the mild make the playoffs. Whats it been 3,4,5 years since you sniffed the playoffs last? Suter wont be be able turn that **** hole around.
Can't hurt to try.....although we do know what it is like to make it out of the semifinal round.

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:05 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xtremeninja View Post
Can't hurt to try.....although we do know what it is like to make it out of the semifinal round.
well, those of you who were around 10 years ago do, I suppose... Im sure there are Habs fans who remember winning a Cup...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:13 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
And haven't made it out of the first round since. Missing 6 of the next 8. In fact since that lucky run, you've won a grand total of 3 games in the playoffs.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:17 AM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
well, those of you who were around 10 years ago do, I suppose... Im sure there are Habs fans who remember winning a Cup...
93 wasn't all that long ago.

67 on the other hand.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
And haven't made it out of the first round since. Missing 6 of the next 8. In fact since that lucky run, you've won a grand total of 3 games in the playoffs.
just taking our time until the perfect time to strike! which i guess makes us look like an elderly snake of some sort. maybe middle aged. I am tolerating the lack of playoffs a little more seeing as we got rid of Douggie R. The GM that eff'ed us over for quite a while with his inability to do anything right. I can relate about Suter, I was there for Gaborik.......and Rolston.........and Demitra (RIP).

Old
03-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Byrddog

Preds goals against last year with Suter 2.50 9th in the league.
Preds goals against this year 2.24'

So we have not missed Suter really.

What has happened our forwards have become invisable unable to score more than we give up.

Hey were now as boring as the Wild...

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:18 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Preds goals against last year with Suter 2.50 9th in the league.
Preds goals against this year 2.24'

So we have not missed Suter really.

What has happened our forwards have become invisable unable to score more than we give up.

Hey were now as boring as the Wild...
I don't think we've missed Suter much defensively, although I do think we're a second pairing defenseman short, as none of Hannan\Blum\Bartley is really adequate in that role.

Where we are missing Suter is more offense-oriented...puck possession\breakout. A lot of people complain about lack of forecheck and shots, but it ties in with having entire shifts spent trying just to get out of our own end, and then having to change lines and reset.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Byrddog

With Weber Josi Klein and Ellis they are going to be our top 4.

The one issue where it is apparent we misst the new elf is psychiologically. The team realizes they have lost a top level defensman. My theory is that they are attempting to make up for it being more defensivly minded. This explains the drop in SOG and lack of a consistant forecheck. They are more concerned about getting back on D than pressuring in the offensive zone. It has uncovered how poor our top 6 really are offensivley when they are not pressuring the other team in our offensive zone.

In the past they could woutwork other teams scoring by committee like Poile and Trotz developed the team. So adjusting to the loss of Suter or the forwards think they are much better than they really are after last years playoff success. Or a combination of them both. The fact remains they have 5 regulation wins and 12 games out of 25 where they have scored 1 or less goals.

Tomorrow night is a critical game psychologically. A loss combined with a BlueJacket win puts the Jackets ahead of the Preds in the standings. Just think about that for a minute.... Ohhhhh The Jackets suck, well they are on a 5 gme win streak something the Preds have ot done this year.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:16 PM
jntarheels

vCash: 444
Anyone have dibs or plans on a GDT for tomorrow night?
If not, I got it.

jntarheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:22 PM
april

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
With Weber Josi Klein and Ellis they are going to be our top 4.

The one issue where it is apparent we misst the new elf is psychiologically. The team realizes they have lost a top level defensman. My theory is that they are attempting to make up for it being more defensivly minded. This explains the drop in SOG and lack of a consistant forecheck. They are more concerned about getting back on D than pressuring in the offensive zone. It has uncovered how poor our top 6 really are offensivley when they are not pressuring the other team in our offensive zone.

In the past they could woutwork other teams scoring by committee like Poile and Trotz developed the team. So adjusting to the loss of Suter or the forwards think they are much better than they really are after last years playoff success. Or a combination of them both. The fact remains they have 5 regulation wins and 12 games out of 25 where they have scored 1 or less goals.

Tomorrow night is a critical game psychologically. A loss combined with a BlueJacket win puts the Jackets ahead of the Preds in the standings. Just think about that for a minute.... Ohhhhh The Jackets suck, well they are on a 5 gme win streak something the Preds have ot done this year.

Has Ellis ever played on 2nd line with Klein for an entire game yet? Don't get me wrong, I have tons of love for Ellis, but I think it's saying a lot that Trotz hasnt shown that he thinks Ellis is capable of playing 2nd line, considering he has played Blum and Bartley in that position. I think Ellis is a solid player and will be vital to this team for years to come, but I think it's quite over-hyped for him not playing an entire season with us yet.

april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntarheels View Post
If not, I got it.
I know that Top 6 Spaling said he'd like to do the next open one.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Byrddog

Ellis has not been in that role on a full time basis. But few would argue thata thats what he is bein groomed for. That or on the top line with Weber allowing Josi to play on the 2nd pair with Klein providing a heavey shot from each of the top pairs. Unless Ellis has some kind of a meltdown hes the golden haired child at this point. Josi has locked down his spot and in the summer will be due a hefty raise. One would hope Poile losks Josi up long term much the way he did KK. Next year if Ellis locks his position in the top 4 he could be locked down long term as well and the top 4 could be set for a decade. Knowing Poile and Trotz that has to be in there mind.

Signing Josi and Horni the offseason will be a priority. Then addressing offensive needs sheading deadwood and getting additional forwards and keeping under the CAP longterm.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntarheels View Post
If not, I got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I know that Top 6 Spaling said he'd like to do the next open one.
I've got one ready for whenever. I'll take tomorrow, if it's all good with jntarheels.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:06 PM
jntarheels

vCash: 444
go for it.
I am working on templates for the other games/teams; so that will work!

jntarheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Any objections to me posting it today? I have more free time now than I will tomorrow.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Any objections to me posting it today? I have more free time now than I will tomorrow.
go ahead, it will prevent someone else from jumping you tomorrow.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:26 PM
deanwormer

Ellis postgame with Willy said he's been focused on his D because it was ID'd as a weakness.

deanwormer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Ellis postgame with Willy said he's been focused on his D because it was ID'd as a weakness.
Ensuring that he follows the trajectory of Legwand's career.

Those of us that were around from 99-2003 have seen this story play out before, almost word for word. People bag on Legwand's offensive game, but he was drafted with an almost phenom level of scoring ability and no defensive game. Trotz played him with fourth line waiver-pickups and never-has-beens until he commited to the defensive side of the puck. He did so...but his offensive game never recovered.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Predsboro

I'm already burning with much hatred for the Wild ... seems as this will be an ugly rivalry in the future as a "conference" game. That's a good thing!

If you need some help bringing your hatred for Wild fans on par with Anaheim and Vancouver fans ... read their gameday thread. ******-canoes galore ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:57 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

i feel a bit slighted that you want to put us on the same shelf as Vancouver fans. thats like somone insulting your spouse to your face while stabbing your mother in the chest at the same time.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:00 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
i feel a bit slighted that you want to put us on the same shelf as Vancouver fans. thats like somone insulting your spouse to your face while stabbing your mother in the chest at the same time.
Or in other words pulling a Suter.

As long as Liarpold owns that team, most here will hate it.