General OT Thread #27: Bacon - Tasty And Good For Your Blue Line

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
Ever have one of those days where you get home and you just want to listen to some damned music and relax in an easy chair, but then you realize you do not have an easy chair?

Dammit. Want to relax, but not tired enough to take a nap, but this chair is not comfortable enough to actually relax in... sigh.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I was at the gym today and I see this really cute short girl... I wanted to talk to her... But I wasn't sure if the gym is a good place to meet women...

One of my friends said it wasn't, anyone have experience with that ?
Best place to meet women is wherever you see a woman

If you're the type that can stroll up and talk, do it.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

whatever you do, don't look at her too much while you're trying to decide whether you should talk to her or not. girls i know sort of expect to get hit on in gyms so they're sort of looking for creepers all the time. most of the time they find it irritating if someone comes up and talks to them in the middle of a workout (or even resting between stations) so wait until they're done.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Sportserie

Quote:
I was at the gym today and I see this really cute short girl... I wanted to talk to her... But I wasn't sure if the gym is a good place to meet women...

I'm a chick, wait until we're done working out.

The good thing about meeting a girl at the gym is there's a good chance she likes sports too. To be honest, I like meeting guys at gyms since I know for dates we can go to sporting events more than likely as there's a good chance he's into sports, too.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

A quick remark or a joke about something they're talking about is usually the best way to start a conversation. Build your way into it and see if they start including you in the conversation once they know you listened to a bit of what they said (just don't be creepy about it or be too obvious that you're listening to what they're saying). If it's a women by herself, might be a little harder as she's probably not talking and just listening to music or something while she's working out.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:04 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:

Walk up to her, stare at her bewbs, grunt.

Sure fire way to #win!

Old
03-11-2013, 02:06 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

oooo! rat-tail her with your towel! while her back is turned!
that gets them every time.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:33 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post

I'm not exactly the type that can do it lol.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:38 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
I'm a chick, wait until we're done working out.

The good thing about meeting a girl at the gym is there's a good chance she likes sports too. To be honest, I like meeting guys at gyms since I know for dates we can go to sporting events more than likely as there's a good chance he's into sports, too.
Thanks haha, my friend was telling me that's its not a good place cause women don't like to be hit on while they're working out. I'll definitely keep what you said in mind haha.

Sporty girls are the best.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:40 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
A quick remark or a joke about something they're talking about is usually the best way to start a conversation. Build your way into it and see if they start including you in the conversation once they know you listened to a bit of what they said (just don't be creepy about it or be too obvious that you're listening to what they're saying). If it's a women by herself, might be a little harder as she's probably not talking and just listening to music or something while she's working out.
I don't know how to approach women lol.

Most girls I see at the gym are either with a friend and working out or alone listening to their music.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Walk up to her, stare at her bewbs, grunt.

Sure fire way to #win!

This made my day.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah, I don't think I'd like to be hit on while I was working out if I were a woman either

Was she on the hamster wheel or lifting weights?

Old
03-11-2013, 08:10 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Went to the Mall of America today. I got two pairs of jeans that I badly needed. I also went to the hockey lodge or whatever it is on the first floor. I grabbed a green Zucker T-shirt and was going to call it good, then as I was walking toward the counter, the worker guy pulls out a fresh stack of Brodin shirts. I grabbed that as well. Both same style, same color, but both players are awesome so I don't regret it at all.

My girlfriend also picked up a new bikini

Stopped to eat lunch at the American Grill or Ranch or whatever on the 3rd floor. I got a Juicy Lucy and it was delicious.

Overall, a good day.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I just found out Paul Bearer died.

That brings back some good childhood memories.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:10 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think I'd like to be hit on while I was working out if I were a woman either

Was she on the hamster wheel or lifting weights?
At first she walked past me while I was on the track.. But later she was lifting weights in the weight room.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:17 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:

Sooooo what you're saying is Twitter is NOT a good place to meet girls?

Old
03-11-2013, 09:18 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Jersey question: I have a green #25 Cam Barker (yeah yeah laugh it up) jersey. Is it possibly to get BArker taken off and Brodin put on? Has anyone had this done before?

Old
03-11-2013, 09:59 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
At first she walked past me while I was on the track.. But later she was lifting weights in the weight room.
If a girl actively wants you to talk to her, she will take out her earphones. Not saying it absolutely means she wants you (or someone else) to approach because it could be she just ran out of juice but if she's listening to music and then stops, it might be a sign.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
If a girl actively wants you to talk to her, she will take out her earphones. Not saying it absolutely means she wants you (or someone else) to approach because it could be she just ran out of juice but if she's listening to music and then stops, it might be a sign.
I didn't pay attention to that, she was walking behind me at first, passed mr and we kinda glanced at each other I that's when I saw how cute she is lol.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Went to the Mall of America today. I got two pairs of jeans that I badly needed. I also went to the hockey lodge or whatever it is on the first floor. I grabbed a green Zucker T-shirt and was going to call it good, then as I was walking toward the counter, the worker guy pulls out a fresh stack of Brodin shirts. I grabbed that as well. Both same style, same color, but both players are awesome so I don't regret it at all.
I'm jelly.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Uberdachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
"Excuse me, did you want me to hit on you or are you just in need of some juice?"

Other guaranteed successes include
"You should be a station, because my eyes are getting a workout. And my heart is doing crazy reps. I think I need to sit down. Whew.
Alright, second set. LET'S DO THIS! YEAH! CONDITIONING! So you busy later? Because I'm doing squat... s. YEAH I AM KILLING IT OVER HERE. WHOOOO THIRD SET LET'S GO"

"How much you bench? Pffp [stifled spitting] I mean whoa, that's pretty good!"

"Don't forget to towel your buttsweat lagoon off that seat, uh, baby."

Old
03-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Girls who lift = hot

Just don't compliment her on her squat form

I'm terrible at any and all forms of flirting, but the idea of a pick up line isn't to impress or turn her on, but to get her to laugh. So anything you can say that might make her smile or laugh is good. Or even just smiling and saying hello, and if you see her again, same thing, try and strike up a conversation. Just don't continue to creepily smile or stare at her.

For the most part everything is out of your control, as any girl you're interested in will have to find you attractive, be single, and be in a relatively good mood. But you're not proposing marriage, just saying hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
Jersey question: I have a green #25 Cam Barker (yeah yeah laugh it up) jersey. Is it possibly to get BArker taken off and Brodin put on? Has anyone had this done before?
Probably. I'd guess either they could take the stitching of the letters out and stitch new ones in, swap out the name bar, or maybe put a new bar over the letters if they were glued on.

Why in the hell did you get a Barker jersey? Lose a bet or something?

Old
03-12-2013, 10:55 AM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Girls who lift = hot

I'm terrible at any and all forms of flirting, but the idea of a pick up line isn't to impress or turn her on, but to get her to laugh. So anything you can say that might make her smile or laugh is good. Or even just smiling and saying hello, and if you see her again, same thing, try and strike up a conversation. Just don't continue to creepily smile or stare at her.

For the most part everything is out of your control, as any girl you're interested in will have to find you attractive, be single, and be in a relatively good mood. But you're not proposing marriage, just saying hello.

Probably. I'd guess either they could take the stitching of the letters out and stitch new ones in, swap out the name bar, or maybe put a new bar over the letters if they were glued on.

I actually figured he'd be good, plus he's a Winnipeg kid. I now use my brain when selecting who's name to get on my jersey.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:58 AM
BigT2002

So the Air Force cut my Tuition Assistance short for the remaining of the FY13. Meanwhile I am 1 class away from my Masters....not happy

Old
03-12-2013, 11:09 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Girls who lift = hot

Alright thanks a ton,

Thanks everyone.

I'll certainly be keeping this in mind next time I see her or anyone I think is cute at the gym lol.

Closed Thread