HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Anyone know anything about him ?
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-the-ccha-wcha

1. Dan DeKeyser, Junior, Defense, Western Michigan

DeKeyser was one of the top NHL free agents targets last summer, fielding offers from nearly every NHL team, but chose to return to Western Michigan for his junior season, and the extra year of development hasn't hurt his stock at all. DeKeyser doesn't bring a lot in the way of offensive upside, so his 2 goals and 10 assists through 27 games this season doesn't look impressive, but DeKeyser is a solid 6'3" 198 lbs. and an excellent skater that plays very solid shutdown defense. DeKeyser should have his choice of NHL teams again this summer, though the Detroit Red Wings seem to be the front-runner for his services.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:20 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
30+ year old free agent winger at open market value doesn't seem like a bidding war we should be getting involved in. Our top 4 highest cap hits among forwards next year will be Briere, Hartnell, Voracek, and Simmonds... all top 6 wingers.
The money needs to be spent on D, but Hossa is a great wing to acquire if you can. Very good D and still can put the puck in the net. The defensive aspect is what makes me just fine with it. But if it gets into the 5 Million + (which it will I'm sure), then I'm out of the race for him.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:57 PM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-the-ccha-wcha

1. Dan DeKeyser, Junior, Defense, Western Michigan

DeKeyser was one of the top NHL free agents targets last summer, fielding offers from nearly every NHL team, but chose to return to Western Michigan for his junior season, and the extra year of development hasn't hurt his stock at all. DeKeyser doesn't bring a lot in the way of offensive upside, so his 2 goals and 10 assists through 27 games this season doesn't look impressive, but DeKeyser is a solid 6'3" 198 lbs. and an excellent skater that plays very solid shutdown defense. DeKeyser should have his choice of NHL teams again this summer, though the Detroit Red Wings seem to be the front-runner for his services.
I'd like to take a chance on him. With Schenn and Grossmann being locks on defense for the years to come and Coburn not showing any improvement in term of offense, they'd probably have to move one of the former to make room for him sooner or later if he develops nicely. Right now a prime PMD has to be the priority as they already have too many stay-at-home type of defensemen.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Krishna

Pretty sure DeKeyser is signing with Detroit.

He loves the team and will be able to get NHL minutes right away. The writing is on the wall

Still wouldn't mind some of the other players on that list

Old
03-10-2013, 08:59 PM
kammy

Kovalev for bag of pucks.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:06 PM
BrindamoursNose

I love that Bryzgalov practically carries the team all season and when he finally has a bad stretch, it's his fault and he needs to be amnestied. For shame on you all

Old
03-10-2013, 09:15 PM
FlyingPhilly

I would still amnesty him in summer 2014. His contract is atrocious.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:18 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I love that Bryzgalov practically carries the team all season and when he finally has a bad stretch, it's his fault and he needs to be amnestied. For shame on you all
For shame on you for not watching the games. A goalie with a sub .900 save percentage is not carrying a team. If you look around these boards, you won't find even the most moronic and juvenile fan bases in the league suggesting such a stupid thing, but then you come back to the Flyers' boards and you have a group of 10-15 very special people who think Bryz is the team MVP with his .899 save %.

This isn't the 1980s. You don't have a sub .900 save percentage as a goalie unless you're playing terrible.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:49 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy View Post
Kovalev for bag of pucks.
Florida adds. If he's still their contract...

Old
03-11-2013, 12:32 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
No, no, noooo.... carried the team to what? sub .500 level? Come on, I like Byrz but he certainly hasn't carried this team.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:51 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I think that's him. 6'3 and looked liked he could skate.
let the Wings have him. Ill take Sustr.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:52 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
.899 save percentage=team MVP right?

Old
03-11-2013, 06:12 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:

He loves the team and will be able to get NHL minutes right away. The writing is on the wall

I think the Flyers need to sign as many defensemen as they can just to see what sticks. They will have to be more aggressive then they have been though with these players. The top guys always sign NHL contracts and get into at least one game before the season is over to burn a year off their contract. The Flyers have been reluctant to do that so if that doesn't change, I doubt they sign guys like Sustr or Schmidt.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Bryz's number are definitely made a lot worse for the first half of the games this season where he was playing great, but getting little to no support. However, it's hard to argue that he hasn't been below average the last few weeks.

In order to justify the contract, Bryz would have to be great. One of the top 5 goalies in the league. Does anyone think he has been that? The question for me has always been, "Do you do it after this season or after 2014?" Depending on what's available, that's still an open question.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Bryz's number are definitely made a lot worse for the first half of the games this season where he was playing great, but getting little to no support. However, it's hard to argue that he hasn't been below average the last few weeks.

In order to justify the contract, Bryz would have to be great. One of the top 5 goalies in the league. Does anyone think he has been that? The question for me has always been, "Do you do it after this season or after 2014?" Depending on what's available, that's still an open question.
The free agents in 2014 are ridiculous. I doubt a lot of them make it to FA though.

Malkin, Evgeni C PIT 26
Heatley, Dany L MIN 32
Gaborik, Marian R NYR 31
Vanek, Thomas L BUF 29
Thornton, Joe C SJS 33
Marleau, Patrick L SJS 33
Lundqvist, Henrik G NYR 31
Datsyuk, Pavel L DET 34
Bouwmeester, Jay D CGY 29
Boyle, Dan D SJS 36
Stastny, Paul C COL 27
Phaneuf, Dion D TOR 27
Miller, Ryan G BUF 32
Sedin, Henrik C VAN 32
Sedin, Daniel L VAN 32
Cammalleri, Mike L CGY 30
Timonen, Kimmo D PHI 37
Kiprusoff, Miikka G CGY 36
Markov, Andrei D MTL 34
Kessel, Phil R TOR 25
Pominville, Jason R BUF 30
Hemsky, Ales R EDM 29
Bergeron, Patrice C BOS 27
Gionta, Brian R MTL 34
Brodeur, Martin G NJD 40
Legwand, David C NAS 32
Pitkanen, Joni D CAR 29
Hiller, Jonas G ANA 31
Jokinen, Olli C WIN 34
Whitney, Ray L DAL 40
Komisarek, Mike D TOR 31
Michalek, Milan L OTT 28
Callahan, Ryan R NYR 27
Kaberle, Tomas D MTL 35
Meszaros, Andrej D PHI 27
Kuba, Filip D FLA 36
Pavelski, Joe C SJS 28
Gilbert, Tom D MIN 30
Quincey, Kyle D DET 27
Halak, Jaroslav G STL 27
Orpik, Brooks D PIT 32
Salo, Sami D TBL 38
Kunitz, Chris L PIT 33
Letang, Kris D PIT 25
Stajan, Matt C CGY 29
Hjalmarsson, Niklas D CHI 25

Old
03-11-2013, 08:45 AM
buff

Do you expecting something big until wednesday ??

Coaching and GM changes ?

Big Deal ??

Old
03-11-2013, 10:53 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
The free agents in 2014 are ridiculous. I doubt a lot of them make it to FA though.

Malkin, Evgeni C PIT 26
Heatley, Dany L MIN 32
Gaborik, Marian R NYR 31
Vanek, Thomas L BUF 29
Thornton, Joe C SJS 33
Marleau, Patrick L SJS 33
Lundqvist, Henrik G NYR 31
Datsyuk, Pavel L DET 34
Bouwmeester, Jay D CGY 29
Boyle, Dan D SJS 36
Stastny, Paul C COL 27
Phaneuf, Dion D TOR 27
Miller, Ryan G BUF 32
Sedin, Henrik C VAN 32
Sedin, Daniel L VAN 32
Cammalleri, Mike L CGY 30
Timonen, Kimmo D PHI 37
Kiprusoff, Miikka G CGY 36
Markov, Andrei D MTL 34
Kessel, Phil R TOR 25
Pominville, Jason R BUF 30
Hemsky, Ales R EDM 29
Bergeron, Patrice C BOS 27
Gionta, Brian R MTL 34
Brodeur, Martin G NJD 40
Legwand, David C NAS 32
Pitkanen, Joni D CAR 29
Hiller, Jonas G ANA 31
Jokinen, Olli C WIN 34
Whitney, Ray L DAL 40
Komisarek, Mike D TOR 31
Michalek, Milan L OTT 28
Callahan, Ryan R NYR 27
Kaberle, Tomas D MTL 35
Meszaros, Andrej D PHI 27
Kuba, Filip D FLA 36
Pavelski, Joe C SJS 28
Gilbert, Tom D MIN 30
Quincey, Kyle D DET 27
Halak, Jaroslav G STL 27
Orpik, Brooks D PIT 32
Salo, Sami D TBL 38
Kunitz, Chris L PIT 33
Letang, Kris D PIT 25
Stajan, Matt C CGY 29
Hjalmarsson, Niklas D CHI 25

I'm guessing a huge majority of them. I bolded the ones I can realistically see hitting FA.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:24 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I'm guessing a huge majority of them. I bolded the ones I can realistically see hitting FA.
Yeah I wouldn't count on much of that list being available. My guess is one or two of the truly big names may become available, but more than that would be pretty surprising to me.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
For shame on you for not watching the games. A goalie with a sub .900 save percentage is not carrying a team. If you look around these boards, you won't find even the most moronic and juvenile fan bases in the league suggesting such a stupid thing, but then you come back to the Flyers' boards and you have a group of 10-15 very special people who think Bryz is the team MVP with his .899 save %.

This isn't the 1980s. You don't have a sub .900 save percentage as a goalie unless you're playing terrible.
I did watch the games and not the stat sheet for the majority of this season so far.

Bryz was the only bright spot on the team for ages and ages this season. That's what I mean by carry. He's received little support and he deserves credit. Now, he is in a pretty bad stretch. But how much further would we have been out of games early if he wasn't playing well?

I can't be the only one who saw him playing well before this recent bad stretch.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah I wouldn't count on much of that list being available. My guess is one or two of the truly big names may become available, but more than that would be pretty surprising to me.
Free agents are usually a waste of money anyway. They often decline a year or two after they are signed. I can only think of two big time ufas that had an impact on a Stanley Cup winning team: Hossa and Campbell. Both those guys ended up being supporting players to a core in Chicago created thru the draft.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:44 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
I did watch the games and not the stat sheet for the majority of this season so far.

Bryz was the only bright spot on the team for ages and ages this season. That's what I mean by carry. He's received little support and he deserves credit. Now, he is in a pretty bad stretch. But how much further would we have been out of games early if he wasn't playing well?

I can't be the only one who saw him playing well before this recent bad stretch.
bryzgalov has been below average since early february. no doubt he was good before that. And here an lies the problem. consistancy. Hes the no. 1 goaltender. i dont care what hes paid. He was brought here to be the #1 guy. Not to put up pedestrain numbers.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Prongo
Beer

Well we just went through a pivotal part of the schedule and came out 1-3.... Now we enter another critical stretch here. We have the Devils twice followed by Tampa and the Pens. Then we have the Rangers, Islanders, and Bruins. This season could get really ugly come April 1st. Or we could somehow surprisingly make a dramatic comeback! Right now where we sit we have a 14% chance of making the post season.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:12 PM
JustJim

No, I don't expect them to do anything. Holmgren is probably looking to trade for another ex-Flyer. Isn't Damon Langkow still playing in the NHL? That'll probably be Holmgren's next move.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Well we just went through a pivotal part of the schedule and came out 1-3.... Now we enter another critical stretch here. We have the Devils twice followed by Tampa and the Pens. Then we have the Rangers, Islanders, and Bruins. This season could get really ugly come April 1st. Or we could somehow surprisingly make a dramatic comeback! Right now where we sit we have a 14% chance of making the post season.
The next 3 will be the most important IMO. The Devils are in a downward spiral as is Tampa. The Flyers would probably have to win all three to have a chance for the playoffs with Penguins, Rangers, and Boston to follow over the next 4 games. After the next three, there is a six day break. If there was a time for major change, it would be that 6 day break.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:

Honestly, I'm more interested in this Andrej Sustr guy....6'8"? YES PLEASE

Closed Thread