HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2013, 02:14 PM
  #676
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Anyone know anything about him ?
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-the-ccha-wcha

1. Dan DeKeyser, Junior, Defense, Western Michigan

DeKeyser was one of the top NHL free agents targets last summer, fielding offers from nearly every NHL team, but chose to return to Western Michigan for his junior season, and the extra year of development hasn't hurt his stock at all. DeKeyser doesn't bring a lot in the way of offensive upside, so his 2 goals and 10 assists through 27 games this season doesn't look impressive, but DeKeyser is a solid 6'3" 198 lbs. and an excellent skater that plays very solid shutdown defense. DeKeyser should have his choice of NHL teams again this summer, though the Detroit Red Wings seem to be the front-runner for his services.

Krishna is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 02:20 PM
  #677
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
30+ year old free agent winger at open market value doesn't seem like a bidding war we should be getting involved in. Our top 4 highest cap hits among forwards next year will be Briere, Hartnell, Voracek, and Simmonds... all top 6 wingers.
The money needs to be spent on D, but Hossa is a great wing to acquire if you can. Very good D and still can put the puck in the net. The defensive aspect is what makes me just fine with it. But if it gets into the 5 Million + (which it will I'm sure), then I'm out of the race for him.

BrindamoursNose is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 02:57 PM
  #678
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-the-ccha-wcha

1. Dan DeKeyser, Junior, Defense, Western Michigan

DeKeyser was one of the top NHL free agents targets last summer, fielding offers from nearly every NHL team, but chose to return to Western Michigan for his junior season, and the extra year of development hasn't hurt his stock at all. DeKeyser doesn't bring a lot in the way of offensive upside, so his 2 goals and 10 assists through 27 games this season doesn't look impressive, but DeKeyser is a solid 6'3" 198 lbs. and an excellent skater that plays very solid shutdown defense. DeKeyser should have his choice of NHL teams again this summer, though the Detroit Red Wings seem to be the front-runner for his services.
I'd like to take a chance on him. With Schenn and Grossmann being locks on defense for the years to come and Coburn not showing any improvement in term of offense, they'd probably have to move one of the former to make room for him sooner or later if he develops nicely. Right now a prime PMD has to be the priority as they already have too many stay-at-home type of defensemen.

dats81 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 03:00 PM
  #679
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,161
vCash: 500
Pretty sure DeKeyser is signing with Detroit.

He loves the team and will be able to get NHL minutes right away. The writing is on the wall


Still wouldn't mind some of the other players on that list

Krishna is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 08:59 PM
  #680
kammy
Registered User
 
kammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Kovalev for bag of pucks.

kammy is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 09:06 PM
  #681
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
I love that Bryzgalov practically carries the team all season and when he finally has a bad stretch, it's his fault and he needs to be amnestied. For shame on you all

BrindamoursNose is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 09:15 PM
  #682
FlyingPhilly
Registered User
 
FlyingPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
I would still amnesty him in summer 2014. His contract is atrocious.

FlyingPhilly is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 11:18 PM
  #683
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I love that Bryzgalov practically carries the team all season and when he finally has a bad stretch, it's his fault and he needs to be amnestied. For shame on you all
For shame on you for not watching the games. A goalie with a sub .900 save percentage is not carrying a team. If you look around these boards, you won't find even the most moronic and juvenile fan bases in the league suggesting such a stupid thing, but then you come back to the Flyers' boards and you have a group of 10-15 very special people who think Bryz is the team MVP with his .899 save %.

This isn't the 1980s. You don't have a sub .900 save percentage as a goalie unless you're playing terrible.

WeekendAtBernies is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 11:49 PM
  #684
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,160
vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy View Post
Kovalev for bag of pucks.
Florida adds. If he's still their contract...

sobrien is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 12:32 AM
  #685
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I love that Bryzgalov practically carries the team all season and when he finally has a bad stretch, it's his fault and he needs to be amnestied. For shame on you all
No, no, noooo.... carried the team to what? sub .500 level? Come on, I like Byrz but he certainly hasn't carried this team.

dingbathero is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:51 AM
  #686
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,190
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I think that's him. 6'3 and looked liked he could skate.
let the Wings have him. Ill take Sustr.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:52 AM
  #687
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,190
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I love that Bryzgalov practically carries the team all season and when he finally has a bad stretch, it's his fault and he needs to be amnestied. For shame on you all
.899 save percentage=team MVP right?

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:12 AM
  #688
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Pretty sure DeKeyser is signing with Detroit.

He loves the team and will be able to get NHL minutes right away. The writing is on the wall


Still wouldn't mind some of the other players on that list
I think the Flyers need to sign as many defensemen as they can just to see what sticks. They will have to be more aggressive then they have been though with these players. The top guys always sign NHL contracts and get into at least one game before the season is over to burn a year off their contract. The Flyers have been reluctant to do that so if that doesn't change, I doubt they sign guys like Sustr or Schmidt.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 08:30 AM
  #689
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I love that Bryzgalov practically carries the team all season and when he finally has a bad stretch, it's his fault and he needs to be amnestied. For shame on you all
Bryz's number are definitely made a lot worse for the first half of the games this season where he was playing great, but getting little to no support. However, it's hard to argue that he hasn't been below average the last few weeks.

In order to justify the contract, Bryz would have to be great. One of the top 5 goalies in the league. Does anyone think he has been that? The question for me has always been, "Do you do it after this season or after 2014?" Depending on what's available, that's still an open question.

Broad Street Elite is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 08:44 AM
  #690
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Bryz's number are definitely made a lot worse for the first half of the games this season where he was playing great, but getting little to no support. However, it's hard to argue that he hasn't been below average the last few weeks.

In order to justify the contract, Bryz would have to be great. One of the top 5 goalies in the league. Does anyone think he has been that? The question for me has always been, "Do you do it after this season or after 2014?" Depending on what's available, that's still an open question.
The free agents in 2014 are ridiculous. I doubt a lot of them make it to FA though.

Malkin, Evgeni C PIT 26
Heatley, Dany L MIN 32
Gaborik, Marian R NYR 31
Vanek, Thomas L BUF 29
Thornton, Joe C SJS 33
Marleau, Patrick L SJS 33
Lundqvist, Henrik G NYR 31
Datsyuk, Pavel L DET 34
Bouwmeester, Jay D CGY 29
Boyle, Dan D SJS 36
Stastny, Paul C COL 27
Phaneuf, Dion D TOR 27
Miller, Ryan G BUF 32
Sedin, Henrik C VAN 32
Sedin, Daniel L VAN 32
Cammalleri, Mike L CGY 30
Timonen, Kimmo D PHI 37
Kiprusoff, Miikka G CGY 36
Markov, Andrei D MTL 34
Kessel, Phil R TOR 25
Pominville, Jason R BUF 30
Hemsky, Ales R EDM 29
Bergeron, Patrice C BOS 27
Gionta, Brian R MTL 34
Brodeur, Martin G NJD 40
Legwand, David C NAS 32
Pitkanen, Joni D CAR 29
Hiller, Jonas G ANA 31
Jokinen, Olli C WIN 34
Whitney, Ray L DAL 40
Komisarek, Mike D TOR 31
Michalek, Milan L OTT 28
Callahan, Ryan R NYR 27
Kaberle, Tomas D MTL 35
Meszaros, Andrej D PHI 27
Kuba, Filip D FLA 36
Pavelski, Joe C SJS 28
Gilbert, Tom D MIN 30
Quincey, Kyle D DET 27
Halak, Jaroslav G STL 27
Orpik, Brooks D PIT 32
Salo, Sami D TBL 38
Kunitz, Chris L PIT 33
Letang, Kris D PIT 25
Stajan, Matt C CGY 29
Hjalmarsson, Niklas D CHI 25

Protest is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 08:45 AM
  #691
buff
Registered User
 
buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Quebec city
Country: Canada
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Do you expecting something big until wednesday ??

Coaching and GM changes ?

Big Deal ??

buff is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:53 AM
  #692
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
The free agents in 2014 are ridiculous. I doubt a lot of them make it to FA though.

Malkin, Evgeni C PIT 26
Heatley, Dany L MIN 32
Gaborik, Marian R NYR 31
Vanek, Thomas L BUF 29
Thornton, Joe C SJS 33
Marleau, Patrick L SJS 33
Lundqvist, Henrik G NYR 31
Datsyuk, Pavel L DET 34
Bouwmeester, Jay D CGY 29
Boyle, Dan D SJS 36
Stastny, Paul C COL 27
Phaneuf, Dion D TOR 27
Miller, Ryan G BUF 32
Sedin, Henrik C VAN 32
Sedin, Daniel L VAN 32
Cammalleri, Mike L CGY 30
Timonen, Kimmo D PHI 37
Kiprusoff, Miikka G CGY 36
Markov, Andrei D MTL 34
Kessel, Phil R TOR 25
Pominville, Jason R BUF 30
Hemsky, Ales R EDM 29
Bergeron, Patrice C BOS 27
Gionta, Brian R MTL 34
Brodeur, Martin G NJD 40
Legwand, David C NAS 32
Pitkanen, Joni D CAR 29
Hiller, Jonas G ANA 31
Jokinen, Olli C WIN 34
Whitney, Ray L DAL 40
Komisarek, Mike D TOR 31
Michalek, Milan L OTT 28
Callahan, Ryan R NYR 27
Kaberle, Tomas D MTL 35
Meszaros, Andrej D PHI 27
Kuba, Filip D FLA 36
Pavelski, Joe C SJS 28
Gilbert, Tom D MIN 30
Quincey, Kyle D DET 27
Halak, Jaroslav G STL 27
Orpik, Brooks D PIT 32
Salo, Sami D TBL 38
Kunitz, Chris L PIT 33
Letang, Kris D PIT 25
Stajan, Matt C CGY 29
Hjalmarsson, Niklas D CHI 25

I'm guessing a huge majority of them. I bolded the ones I can realistically see hitting FA.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 12:24 PM
  #693
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,174
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I'm guessing a huge majority of them. I bolded the ones I can realistically see hitting FA.
Yeah I wouldn't count on much of that list being available. My guess is one or two of the truly big names may become available, but more than that would be pretty surprising to me.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
  #694
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
For shame on you for not watching the games. A goalie with a sub .900 save percentage is not carrying a team. If you look around these boards, you won't find even the most moronic and juvenile fan bases in the league suggesting such a stupid thing, but then you come back to the Flyers' boards and you have a group of 10-15 very special people who think Bryz is the team MVP with his .899 save %.

This isn't the 1980s. You don't have a sub .900 save percentage as a goalie unless you're playing terrible.
I did watch the games and not the stat sheet for the majority of this season so far.

Bryz was the only bright spot on the team for ages and ages this season. That's what I mean by carry. He's received little support and he deserves credit. Now, he is in a pretty bad stretch. But how much further would we have been out of games early if he wasn't playing well?

I can't be the only one who saw him playing well before this recent bad stretch.

BrindamoursNose is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 12:43 PM
  #695
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah I wouldn't count on much of that list being available. My guess is one or two of the truly big names may become available, but more than that would be pretty surprising to me.
Free agents are usually a waste of money anyway. They often decline a year or two after they are signed. I can only think of two big time ufas that had an impact on a Stanley Cup winning team: Hossa and Campbell. Both those guys ended up being supporting players to a core in Chicago created thru the draft.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 12:44 PM
  #696
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 33,190
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I did watch the games and not the stat sheet for the majority of this season so far.

Bryz was the only bright spot on the team for ages and ages this season. That's what I mean by carry. He's received little support and he deserves credit. Now, he is in a pretty bad stretch. But how much further would we have been out of games early if he wasn't playing well?

I can't be the only one who saw him playing well before this recent bad stretch.
bryzgalov has been below average since early february. no doubt he was good before that. And here an lies the problem. consistancy. Hes the no. 1 goaltender. i dont care what hes paid. He was brought here to be the #1 guy. Not to put up pedestrain numbers.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 02:03 PM
  #697
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,635
vCash: 500
Well we just went through a pivotal part of the schedule and came out 1-3.... Now we enter another critical stretch here. We have the Devils twice followed by Tampa and the Pens. Then we have the Rangers, Islanders, and Bruins. This season could get really ugly come April 1st. Or we could somehow surprisingly make a dramatic comeback! Right now where we sit we have a 14% chance of making the post season.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 02:12 PM
  #698
JustJim
Registered User
 
JustJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Paignton,UK
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
No, I don't expect them to do anything. Holmgren is probably looking to trade for another ex-Flyer. Isn't Damon Langkow still playing in the NHL? That'll probably be Holmgren's next move.

JustJim is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
  #699
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Well we just went through a pivotal part of the schedule and came out 1-3.... Now we enter another critical stretch here. We have the Devils twice followed by Tampa and the Pens. Then we have the Rangers, Islanders, and Bruins. This season could get really ugly come April 1st. Or we could somehow surprisingly make a dramatic comeback! Right now where we sit we have a 14% chance of making the post season.
The next 3 will be the most important IMO. The Devils are in a downward spiral as is Tampa. The Flyers would probably have to win all three to have a chance for the playoffs with Penguins, Rangers, and Boston to follow over the next 4 games. After the next three, there is a six day break. If there was a time for major change, it would be that 6 day break.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
  #700
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Pretty sure DeKeyser is signing with Detroit.

He loves the team and will be able to get NHL minutes right away. The writing is on the wall


Still wouldn't mind some of the other players on that list
Honestly, I'm more interested in this Andrej Sustr guy....6'8"? YES PLEASE

RJ8812 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.