HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unchainedshot. The Epic Ragequit

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Old Navy Goat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
It's paid the bills for 12, nearly 13 years. It's time to find something else to pay the bills.
Go the easy route and find a sugar momma

Old
03-11-2013, 12:46 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
I hate this job. I HATE this job. I. Hate. This. Job. I hate. This job I hate. I hate that I hate this job. This job? Hate. Hate hate hate hate hate this hated job.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:43 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Good luck Chain.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:07 PM
cybresabre
March Mighty Elk

vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
I'm currently enjoying my best leftover pizza yet. I took a page from the naan book and added some yogurt to the dough. It's pillowy soft and bubbly under a nicely toasted crust. Awesome.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
I hate this job. I HATE this job. I. Hate. This. Job. I hate. This job I hate. I hate that I hate this job. This job? Hate. Hate hate hate hate hate this hated job.
Do you hate the snow, too?

Old
03-11-2013, 02:20 PM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Oh god dammit. The doctor just called my wife, said she has to come in first thing in the morning. No reason given. Just come in.

This is not good.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

We watched "this is forty" this weekend. I'm a fan of Judd Apatow and this was another good flick. Not OMG funny, but definitely entertaining. Probably b/c I like both Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
I'm currently enjoying my best leftover pizza yet. I took a page from the naan book and added some yogurt to the dough. It's pillowy soft and bubbly under a nicely toasted crust. Awesome.
You know - you're to be commended on your generally positive contributions to the OT thread, cybre. Good stuff.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
Interesting...

When do you add the yogurt? Was the dough made from scratch?

Old
03-11-2013, 02:48 PM
joshjull

On Friday morning we had a practice to familiarize the girls with the rink in Saranac Lake and work on a few things for the state playoffs. One of my players accidently clipped the back of my skates and sent me flying backwards. I smacked the back of my head on the ice as well as most of the right side of my body. Went to the hospital later that day and was diagnosed with a concussion.

Instead of being on the bench. I had to watch all our games from the lobby leaning against a wall or sitting on a folding chair. Mostly in a fog, kind of like watching the Sabres these days and feeling like someone beat my right side with a bat.

Have to go for tests today since they didn't do any up in Saranac Lake.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:55 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Oh god dammit. The doctor just called my wife, said she has to come in first thing in the morning. No reason given. Just come in.

This is not good.
Yikes

Did she have testing recently?

Old
03-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Old Navy Goat

So today's nursemaid has decided to bombard me with Miranda Lambert and Brad Paisley...I've just watched her dancing around the living room with the vacuum cleaner...funny thing is I don't ever remember buying one, always thought the maid brought it over with her

Old
03-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 233
This past weekend we saw Breakfast at Tiffany's on Broadway. My wife simply told me when and where, so going in I had no clue that Emilia Clarke was starring nor that "Daenerys Targaryen" would be getting nude again.

GoT cannot return soon enough .. March 31.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post

This is not good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
On Friday morning we had a practice to familiarize the girls with the rink in Saranac Lake and work on a few things for the state playoffs. One of my players accidently clipped the back of my skates and sent me flying backwards. I smacked the back of my head on the ice as well as most of the right side of my body. Went to the hospital later that day and was diagnosed with a concussion.

Instead of being on the bench. I had to watch all our games from the lobby leaning against a wall or sitting on a folding chair. Mostly in a fog, kind of like watching the Sabres these days and feeling like someone beat my right side with a bat.

Have to go for tests today since they didn't do any up in Saranac Lake.

Good luck, gents.

03-11-2013, 03:30 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Ditto. Sending you both good thoughts.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:10 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

I have a post-hockey tournament hangover.

Some highlights from this weekend:

- Getting to Leisure almost at 5:30am for our 7am game on Saturday because the clock in my hotel room was an hour fast.

- My son bragging about his assist in that game after a breakout pass deflected off his skate and fed his linemate for a breakaway.

- The team actually having three pretty good to great 3rd periods after sucking in them most of the season.

- One of the moms had to break up a pool brawl between her son and a teammate.

- The kids running from the hotel security guard who was threatening to take away their new composite ministicks

- Giving the POTG award for our last game to the kid that had a ton of family in the crowd and his family going nuts.

- Trying not to be proud of my son for checking a kid when we played the dirtiest team in our league. His teammates appreciated the hit and penalty.

- Seeing the parents go nuts with the pictures of the kids.

I got caught up in it too:

I also got caught up and got Brandon a $70 stick for $33 for next season and got Nate a $25 composite ministick.

You have to spoil the kids sometimes.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:17 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

After 13.1, I am 48,451st in the world and 4745th in the North East region.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:21 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
After 13.1, I am 48,451st in the world and 4745th in the North East region.

What the heck is that? I saw something at the gym about that, but I missed last week so I didn't really figure out what it was.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:23 PM
cybresabre
March Mighty Elk

vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
You know - you're to be commended on your generally positive contributions to the OT thread, cybre. Good stuff.
As a social unit we've got to keep a strong ballast of positivity so we can support those who are going through rough patches. If some simple lunch chat helps, all the better. Free good vibes, one and all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Interesting...

When do you add the yogurt? Was the dough made from scratch?
I make my dough in a cheap bread machine. It's a mix of water, flour, yeast, and some salt, sugar, oil, and Italian seasoning. I scooped in a couple spoonfuls of plain yogurt along with the other ingredients and let the mix stir itself and rise for 90 minutes in the machine. My confidence occasionally exceeds my talent and some experiments have failed, but it's less work than it seems and it's easy to clean, too.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I have a post-hockey tournament hangover.

Some highlights from this weekend:

- Getting to Leisure almost at 5:30am for our 7am game on Saturday because the clock in my hotel room was an hour fast.

- My son bragging about his assist in that game after a breakout pass deflected off his skate and fed his linemate for a breakaway.

- The team actually having three pretty good to great 3rd periods after sucking in them most of the season.

- One of the moms had to break up a pool brawl between her son and a teammate.

- The kids running from the hotel security guard who was threatening to take away their new composite ministicks

- Giving the POTG award for our last game to the kid that had a ton of family in the crowd and his family going nuts.

- Trying not to be proud of my son for checking a kid when we played the dirtiest team in our league. His teammates appreciated the hit and penalty.

- Seeing the parents go nuts with the pictures of the kids.

I got caught up in it too:

I also got caught up and got Brandon a $70 stick for $33 for next season and got Nate a $25 composite ministick.

You have to spoil the kids sometimes.

Sounds fun. My son's team, in typical fashion, roared out to a 4-0 lead by the mid-way point of the game, only to give up the next 7 and lose 7-4. He freaked out in the handshake line and we had a bit of a talking to afterwards. He was resting on the laurels of what was one of his best games last outing and while he skated his little tail off, he didn't go anywhere he was supposed to. Five or six times the puck came to where he was supposed to be in front of the other team's net and he was either already back on defense, standing at center ice, or in one classic instance, yelling at no one with his back to the play.

I have no issue with him being passionate and wanting to win. I do have a major, major issue with him not taking the coaching AND freaking out in the handshake lineup. There was a bit more poor sportsmanship too, involving his own teammates. He's lucky I didn't ground him until the next millenium. Smashing his stick on the ice repeatedly at the end of the game? Suffice to say, the blade was already cracked when he did that a few weeks ago when he failed to score and pounded it on the ice.

Unless he has a massive change of heart, he's probably done with hockey. The downside, according to him, is they added another game in the loser's bracket and his team has one more game in two weeks.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:32 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackTastic View Post
What the heck is that? I saw something at the gym about that, but I missed last week so I didn't really figure out what it was.
http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/129449

You had to pay $20 to enter than then you put in your scores for the 5 Open WODs in 5 weeks.

They announce the WOD on Wednesday night and you have until Sunday night to enter your score.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:39 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Sounds fun. My son's team, in typical fashion, roared out to a 4-0 lead by the mid-way point of the game, only to give up the next 7 and lose 7-4. He freaked out in the handshake line and we had a bit of a talking to afterwards. He was resting on the laurels of what was one of his best games last outing and while he skated his little tail off, he didn't go anywhere he was supposed to. Five or six times the puck came to where he was supposed to be in front of the other team's net and he was either already back on defense, standing at center ice, or in one classic instance, yelling at no one with his back to the play.

I have no issue with him being passionate and wanting to win. I do have a major, major issue with him not taking the coaching AND freaking out in the handshake lineup. There was a bit more poor sportsmanship too, involving his own teammates. He's lucky I didn't ground him until the next millenium. Smashing his stick on the ice repeatedly at the end of the game? Suffice to say, the blade was already cracked when he did that a few weeks ago when he failed to score and pounded it on the ice.

Unless he has a massive change of heart, he's probably done with hockey. The downside, according to him, is they added another game in the loser's bracket and his team has one more game in two weeks.
Venting their frustration in a negative manner is one of the few things that I get on my kids about.

The cool thing is the positive feedback that I've gotten from a lot of parents about how my first season as a head coach has gone.

We have one family who won't be back and are blaming the increase cost associated with the move from U8 to Squirts. They didn't come to the tournament this weekend (our one out of town tournament of the year) because they didn't want to spend the money.

Last season, the Squirt B team played in three tournaments (in Cleveland and Pittsburgh and the tournament we host).

This year we played in four tournaments. Three loca ones (Perinton, Brockport, and our tournament) and then Pepsi in Buffalo. And the parents voted on whether to go to Pepsi and it was a 13-1 vote.....

I think everyone that went this weekend had a blast.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:51 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

The bald guy has to post the best hair in the Minnesota HS Tournament.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Venting their frustration in a negative manner is one of the few things that I get on my kids about.

The cool thing is the positive feedback that I've gotten from a lot of parents about how my first season as a head coach has gone.

We have one family who won't be back and are blaming the increase cost associated with the move from U8 to Squirts. They didn't come to the tournament this weekend (our one out of town tournament of the year) because they didn't want to spend the money.

Last season, the Squirt B team played in three tournaments (in Cleveland and Pittsburgh and the tournament we host).

This year we played in four tournaments. Three loca ones (Perinton, Brockport, and our tournament) and then Pepsi in Buffalo. And the parents voted on whether to go to Pepsi and it was a 13-1 vote.....

I think everyone that went this weekend had a blast.
We went to the travel trounie up in Canada -- it was late in the year (about a month ago now) and the kids had a great time. He was the only "C" liner who went from his team. He enjoyed it -- he likes winning and they won big -- but there are a lot of loses and he takes them all so hard.

I'm not surprised they faded in their playoff game. For a team with 13 kids, to have only 9 show up for a game puts the 8 skaters into long, long shifts. By the end, they were all gassed. That two of the kids there were "C" liners, and probably the worst of the four, was even harder to overcome. They've been shattered mentally for some time and two weeks ago they lost with 2.4 seconds left after being up by 1 going into the final minute. Hard luck? They've had it bad.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Afino
The Juice

And here I thought Chain actually ragequit his job today.

Sucks, dude. I'm not quite in the same boat, just mildly annoyed

Closed Thread