HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 01:15 PM
  #526
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Do people honestly forget Gabby had ONE shoulder in the playoffs?

Selective memory, man...

Riverdale is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:16 PM
  #527
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Nah, Hemorrhoids would be the reason Richards is on the ice for every other shift in stead of sitting on the bench.
4 points in the last 5 games....

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:17 PM
  #528
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,965
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
People are willing to say some crazy stuff to try to justify an objective. We have, by all accounts a great, cohesive locker room. Most of you watch 24/7. Gaborik is one of the guys.
When I think of team cancers in sports, I'd put guys like Titus Young, Stephon Marbury, Barry Bonds, and Albert Haynesworth in that category.

Gabby doesn't even come off as loud or outspoken let alone a detriment to locker room chemistry.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:18 PM
  #529
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,208
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
4 points in the last 5 games....
Impressive since he only played the last 2 matches.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:20 PM
  #530
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,965
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Impressive since he only played the last 2 matches.
His point still remains.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
  #531
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Impressive since he only played the last 2 matches.
Four points in his last 5 games. Better?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:38 PM
  #532
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhyvJ9Gje24

If he wasn't such a horticulturalist...

Fitzy is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:42 PM
  #533
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
The people watching him carry it down the street crack me up every time

Riverdale is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:44 PM
  #534
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,965
vCash: 50
Torts doesn't beat around the bush.

In 24/7 Gabby speak. "He does not play with bushes". I lol'd so hard.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:48 PM
  #535
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,046
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
The people watching him carry it down the street crack me up every time
I was a little worried he was going to nail someone going around the corner.

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:53 PM
  #536
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,851
vCash: 500
Larry Brooks 3/8

Quote:
Gaborik has been shifted both to left wing after a career on the right side and around the lineup even more than usual by coach John Tortorella, who doesn’t necessarily seem to believe No. 10 has a place among his top six forwards when the club is healthy.

Gaborik has skated on a second unit with J.T. Miller the last two games while Brad Richards recuperates from his trip into the boards last Sunday, but the winger had opened the previous pair on a third line centered by Brian Boyle.

“It is what it is, but I’m not complaining,” Gaborik told The Post. “It’s a little bit different for me, but whatever it takes for us to win and to balance out the lines, I’ll do whatever I can to be at my best.”
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...rV9aRe0imJdQnL

NY Post 2/13

Quote:
“Back on the right wing and I’m more comfortable on the right side,” Gaborik said after Monday’s practice. “Lines change here all the time. Might change again in a heartbeat.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...ontent=Rangers

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 02:01 PM
  #537
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Seems like all her cares about is doing what's best for the team. Torts has expressed that as well. I like him and am still hoping he will take a pay cut to stay with us after next year.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 03:15 PM
  #538
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,890
vCash: 500
Gabby is just playing so tentative right now. For whatever reason hes not skating or initiating contact. He doesn't want to get hit. Its like hes biding time trying to stay healthy so hes ready for playoffs. Or he's just scared of re-injuring his shoulder or something else.

It could be just bad habits creeping in, but whatever the case he needs to start moving his feet. Its not like he has to drive a D-man through the boards or anything, he just needs to get engaged, and when he does it leads to sound play, scoring chances and goals for him and his linemates.

When you think of Gabby you think of elite skill who can score from all over the ice, but a majority of his goals are scored at the top of crease. He needs to get his ass in there and battle. He needs to use his speed to back off defenders into the zone and build space for himself and others.

Late in the game in Washington he took a puck off the wall at center ice and was about to come in on a 3-1 with Nash and Richards (i think) and he put himself offside by not moving his legs. He was visibly upset about it and im hoping he takes that feeling into Buffalo and does something about it. A long road trip might do him good. Just ****ing skate, battle and play the ******* game.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 03:28 PM
  #539
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
this has been gaborik's thing for a couple of seasons now. if hes not scoring, hes pretty much invisible, you can't deny that. however i remember his first year here that wasn't really the case. the dude was way more explosive than he was this year, and even last season when he returned to form. he carried the team his first year here and was all over the place on most nights. much different than how he plays now.

im happy that he puts points on the board but his play style definitely changed after his below-average second year here.

Ryan McDonut is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 03:31 PM
  #540
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Gabby is just playing so tentative right now. For whatever reason hes not skating or initiating contact. He doesn't want to get hit. Its like hes biding time trying to stay healthy so hes ready for playoffs. Or he's just scared of re-injuring his shoulder or something else.

It could be just bad habits creeping in, but whatever the case he needs to start moving his feet. Its not like he has to drive a D-man through the boards or anything, he just needs to get engaged, and when he does it leads to sound play, scoring chances and goals for him and his linemates.

When you think of Gabby you think of elite skill who can score from all over the ice, but a majority of his goals are scored at the top of crease. He needs to get his ass in there and battle. He needs to use his speed to back off defenders into the zone and build space for himself and others.

Late in the game in Washington he took a puck off the wall at center ice and was about to come in on a 3-1 with Nash and Richards (i think) and he put himself offside by not moving his legs. He was visibly upset about it and im hoping he takes that feeling into Buffalo and does something about it. A long road trip might do him good. Just ****ing skate, battle and play the ******* game.
This about sums him up.

McRanger is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 03:57 PM
  #541
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
One thing you can be sure of...he won't take a pay cut to stay here . He will follow the money...he might have a bad shoulder...leg...elbow...neck..or whatever the flavor of the week is , but I suspect his brain still works and his wallet will remain open .

I wish he was gone from this team yesterday...considering his ice time and line mates...he adds very little value to our club...a 20 goal scorer that puts some hurt on opposition D would add more to this team overall and probably free up some pucks for his teammates and be one heck of a lot cheaper than 7.5 Million .

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:01 PM
  #542
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
One thing you can be sure of...he won't take a pay cut to stay here . He will follow the money...he might have a bad shoulder...leg...elbow...neck..or whatever the flavor of the week is , but I suspect his brain still works and his wallet will remain open .

I wish he was gone from this team yesterday...considering his ice time and line mates...he adds very little value to our club...a 20 goal scorer that puts some hurt on opposition D would add more to this team overall and probably free up some pucks for his teammates and be one heck of a lot cheaper than 7.5 Million .
that's absurd. he's BEEN this teams offense for the past couple seasons. he's also played something like 90% of the games since coming to the rangers.

talk about flavor of the week, that shiny new toy in Nash has made a lot of people forget how important gabby is.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM
  #543
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
One thing you can be sure of...he won't take a pay cut to stay here . He will follow the money...he might have a bad shoulder...leg...elbow...neck..or whatever the flavor of the week is , but I suspect his brain still works and his wallet will remain open .

I wish he was gone from this team yesterday...considering his ice time and line mates...he adds very little value to our club...a 20 goal scorer that puts some hurt on opposition D would add more to this team overall and probably free up some pucks for his teammates and be one heck of a lot cheaper than 7.5 Million .
It was widely reported that, before he started having major groin issues, Minnesota offered him 10/$80M, and he turned it down.

So Im curious to see if you're just making up the narrative that hes selfish and money hungry.

Or is it more because hes quiet, not physical, and European.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:18 PM
  #544
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
that's absurd. he's BEEN this teams offense for the past couple seasons. he's also played something like 90% of the games since coming to the rangers.

talk about flavor of the week, that shiny new toy in Nash has made a lot of people forget how important gabby is.
He might play in 90 % of the games...but he only adds value in about 9% of them . Just too many nights skating and gliding and pushing off like a figure skater on the back check far too often for my liking .

If he is a 7.5 man...Crosby is underpaid by 75 % and Corey Perry is a 15 Million dollar player . On a lot of NHL teams he would be blackballed by the other players because of his lack of effort...but for far too long guys have come to NY for the dough and were allowed to float .

I sure as heck don't understand why the fans in the seats let them away with it . He should be booed when he performs like he does...he makes 7.5 Million to PERFORM...not reach half halfheartedly and float every second game . You guys pay big money for performance...give them the grief they deserve when they play like bums .

We will NEVER win anything with Gabby on our team...NEVER !!!

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
  #545
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
He might play in 90 % of the games...but he only adds value in about 9% of them . Just too many nights skating and gliding and pushing off like a figure skater on the back check far too often for my liking .

If he is a 7.5 man...Crosby is underpaid by 75 % and Corey Perry is a 15 Million dollar player . On a lot of NHL teams he would be blackballed by the other players because of his lack of effort...but for far too long guys have come to NY for the dough and were allowed to float .

I sure as heck don't understand why the fans in the seats let them away with it . He should be booed when he performs like he does...he makes 7.5 Million to PERFORM...not reach half halfheartedly and float every second game . You guys pay big money for performance...give them the grief they deserve when they play like bums .

We will NEVER win anything with Gabby on our team...NEVER !!!
You fail to realize the impact Gaborik's talent has on the game even when hes not scoring. Every coach in the league knows that Gaborik is a sniper who demands defensive attention. Your beef lies with the fact hes not a physical player. He'll never make you happy if thats what you expect from him.

But I guarantee you he has more of an effect on any given game than your fictional 20 goal scorer that hits people that you want to replace Gaborik with.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
  #546
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
He might play in 90 % of the games...but he only adds value in about 9% of them . Just too many nights skating and gliding and pushing off like a figure skater on the back check far too often for my liking .

If he is a 7.5 man...Crosby is underpaid by 75 % and Corey Perry is a 15 Million dollar player . On a lot of NHL teams he would be blackballed by the other players because of his lack of effort...but for far too long guys have come to NY for the dough and were allowed to float .

I sure as heck don't understand why the fans in the seats let them away with it . He should be booed when he performs like he does...he makes 7.5 Million to PERFORM...not reach half halfheartedly and float every second game . You guys pay big money for performance...give them the grief they deserve when they play like bums .

We will NEVER win anything with Gabby on our team...NEVER !!!
I disagree completely and that's all i'll say, since you are clearly wearing blinders and have been for the past 3 seasons.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
  #547
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
It was widely reported that, before he started having major groin issues, Minnesota offered him 10/$80M, and he turned it down.

So Im curious to see if you're just making up the narrative that hes selfish and money hungry.

Or is it more because hes quiet, not physical, and European.
I don't care what nationality he is or any other player under performing ...if they are paid to perform a role and they are not doing it then they should be held accountable . The fans pay for seats to watch these under performing bums making Millions and being treated like royalty .

You are paid to play for 80 games and that does not mean every second night . These guys get away with it far too often...what the heck is wrong with the fans in the seats ??? Guys come to NY for the big money and have floated for years . Trust me...I have cheered as hard as everybody on this forum for over 40 seasons...I am just sick and tired of watching guys go through the motions to pick up a check . Yes...I am ticked off .

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:32 PM
  #548
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
How would that motivate him?
Gaborik played some of his best hockey when he was constantly spread throughout the lineup getting double shifted and taking advantage of mismatches on defense.

Halpern and Powe are two fast hardworking players that keep the puck in the offensive zone and create turnovers.

If you've paid attention to Gaborik since he's been a ranger it makes a lot of sense, and Torts said esentially the exact same thing in a recent intereview.

mullichicken25 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:32 PM
  #549
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You fail to realize the impact Gaborik's talent has on the game even when hes not scoring. Every coach in the league knows that Gaborik is a sniper who demands defensive attention. Your beef lies with the fact hes not a physical player. He'll never make you happy if thats what you expect from him.

But I guarantee you he has more of an effect on any given game than your fictional 20 goal scorer that hits people that you want to replace Gaborik with.
Really...so if we had a Marchand like guy from Boston ...you would feel the same ????

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
  #550
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Really...so if we had a Marchand like guy from Boston ...you would feel the same ????
Lol. Gotta love that diving, whiny, finger-biting Rat-Face.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.