HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Jarome Iginla was a Rental, Where Would You Want to See Him Go?

Old
03-11-2013, 01:53 PM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

vCash: 50
If Iginla is dealt and Tanev was the main piece coming back i'd probably stab someone.

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Zoombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
If Iginla is dealt and Tanev was the main piece coming back i'd probably stab someone.
+1.

I don't care what team Iginla goes to, as long as it is the team that offers the best return and isn't Edmonton or Vancouver.

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:00 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Tanev in my opinion, has an upside of #5 Defender, maybe #4. I know you will disagree.

Caron is a bigger risk but still has 2nd line upside, and could make a great 3rd line player as well.

Tanev is safer to be an NHL player but if we are rebuilding I value upside. I also like Caron's physical game, combined with youth which is something we lack.
I think Tanev will be a #4 defenseman and I think Brodie will be a #3, their games complement each other so well it would be a great pairing for along time. Caron is physical but he is exactly like Nemisz a player that if everything goes right may be a top 6 player but most likely ends up being a 3rd liner or 4th liner, if we are rebuilding the 23 year old already #5 defenseman with the ability to become better is worth a lot more than Nemisz 2.0.

I am fine with you not liking the proposal just think you several underrate the Canucks prospects (imo Jensen > Kassian). Again if we are looking for a physical top 6 scorer that is Jensen which is why I value him so highly.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:00 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
Me too, good thing that isn't what I proposed.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:03 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I think Tanev will be a #4 defenseman and I think Brodie will be a #3, their games complement each other so well it would be a great pairing for along time. Caron is physical but he is exactly like Nemisz a player that if everything goes right may be a top 6 player but most likely ends up being a 3rd liner or 4th liner, if we are rebuilding the 23 year old already #5 defenseman with the ability to become better is worth a lot more than Nemisz 2.0.

I am fine with you not liking the proposal just think you several underrate the Canucks prospects (imo Jensen > Kassian). Again if we are looking for a physical top 6 scorer that is Jensen which is why I value him so highly.
Caron has already produced at the NHL level as a young player, Nemisz is about the same age and cant even produce at the AHL level.

Not comparable in my opinion, Nemisz is more or less a bust in my opinion.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Caron has already produced at the NHL level as a young player, Nemisz is about the same age and cant even produce at the AHL level.

Not comparable in my opinion, Nemisz is more or less a bust in my opinion.
He has done alright on a stacked team (22 points in 72 games) I just don't see him ever being anything more than a 3rd liner at best. He plays alot like Nemisz he just goes the net harder and is able to get the dirty goals. We are going to have to agree to disagree.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:55 PM
AfricanHerbsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
This makes me sad to even be called a Flames fan, grow up... He has given everything and received nothing. He deserves a shot to win, I don't care who it's with, but no matter who he gets traded to, I'll be cheering my ass off for him, glad that he's getting his shot to live out his dream. Sure it's too bad he couldn't do it here, but how selfish can you possibly be. If Vancouver is his best shot, so be it, for one playoff run I can alter my allegiances.
That's why you are just an average flames fan. Real Flames fans don't want to see IGGY the best flame ever on edmonton or vancouver that would be a stab in the back to the city. And do you really think edmonton or van is his best option for a cup? edmonton is god awful and van is a bunch of bandaids. there window is closing FAST! boston and pitt have much better shots at a cup.

AfricanHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:35 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanHerbsman View Post
That's why you are just an average flames fan. Real Flames fans don't want to see IGGY the best flame ever on edmonton or vancouver that would be a stab in the back to the city. And do you really think edmonton or van is his best option for a cup? edmonton is god awful and van is a bunch of bandaids. there window is closing FAST! boston and pitt have much better shots at a cup.
Neither Boston nor Pitts need Iggy the return would be much worse, also calling someone not a real fan is so ******** its not even funny, its like me saying you don't post as often so you don't care as much so I guess your not a real fan.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:03 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Neither Boston nor Pitts need Iggy the return would be much worse, also calling someone not a real fan is so ******** its not even funny, its like me saying you don't post as often so you don't care as much so I guess your not a real fan.
I'm not going to regard the rest of your post because it's not aimed at me, but Pittsburgh has an opening on the RW for Iginla, and Boston's GM has a huge hard-on for Iggy and would easily make space for him on their roster. The returns would be good regardless.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:07 PM
RA9

vCash: 883
wtf thehudlinator?

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:08 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
I'm not going to regard the rest of your post because it's not aimed at me, but Pittsburgh has an opening on the RW for Iginla, and Boston's GM has a huge hard-on for Iggy and would easily make space for him on their roster. The returns would be good regardless.
Yes but both are already top teams and neither have problems scoring they aren't that desperate for rental in Iginla. I think the best we get from either team is 1st + solid prospect I think teams like Rangers, Van, SJ will be more desperate.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:12 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Yes but both are already top teams and neither have problems scoring they aren't that desperate for rental in Iginla. I think the best we get from either team is 1st + solid prospect I think teams like Rangers, Van, SJ will be more desperate.
Not sure that NY would want to shell out assets for Iginla since they JUST did that with Nash. Who knows though.

Of course I'd rather he not go to Vancouver on principle.

San Jose, mehhh... they're over the hill IMO. They're prospect pool is pretty weak, can't imagine they would want to give up picks or players for Iginla.

Other teams that come to mind would be... St. Louis? Chicago? Philadelphia?

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:27 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Not sure that NY would want to shell out assets for Iginla since they JUST did that with Nash. Who knows though.

Of course I'd rather he not go to Vancouver on principle.

San Jose, mehhh... they're over the hill IMO. They're prospect pool is pretty weak, can't imagine they would want to give up picks or players for Iginla.

Other teams that come to mind would be... St. Louis? Chicago? Philadelphia?
Chicago again already a top team, Philly most likely miss the playoffs, St.Louis makes sense.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanHerbsman View Post
I think all he's trying to say is that he will trade Iggy pretty much to anyone that gives the best offer and is on Iginla's wishlist. He used Edmonton and Vancouver as an example to get his point across.. which makes sense. If we're going to trade the best flames ever as you mentioned, do you not agree that we should get the best return possible over where we want him to play? With that said, Edmonton's probably not on Iggy's list and we probably don't trade with Vancouver just to keep the fan base happy, however if its a really sweet deal, I could see Feaster biting.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Flamester

i want to see him in pittsburgh soo bad. imagine crosby centering iggy, how insane would that be lol. if he does go to the pens, im buying a pens jersey with iggy on the back forsure

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:02 PM
YeahHeDid

Quote:

Jensen + Tanev + 1st(probably still not enough for you guys to do it)
That's a lot for a rental. Maybe if Iginla still had at least 1 more year on his contract.

YeahHeDid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:03 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahHeDid View Post
That's a lot for a rental. Maybe if Iginla still had at least 1 more year on his contract.
I agree I said the Canucks would have to overpay to get him because they are rivals and I feel like that would be enough to compete with other teams deals.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Boomstick

vCash: 495
Bruins, or Philly if they were a playoff contender.
Maybe Chicago, if anywhere in the West.

Boomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:06 AM
flamesfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
+1.

I don't care what team Iginla goes to, as long as it is the team that offers the best return and isn't Edmonton or Vancouver.
This.

I'm a huge Iginla fan so it would be nice to see him win a cup, but as a Flames Team fan I want the best return possible.

His NMC is going to make this a near perfect scenario with a team that really wants him and Iggy actually agreeing to go there for the Flames to get quality assets.

flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:08 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

I have always seen iginla ending up it Pittsburgh. The return I'd want back from them for iginla would be Tyler Kennedy + one of their blue chip D prospects (morrow,maata,pouliot) + a conditional first on a cup win or iggy resigns

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
I'm leaning towards the Pens as to where I want him to go. Now someone get Ray Bourque to give Iggy a phone call.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:00 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
I have always seen iginla ending up it Pittsburgh. The return I'd want back from them for iginla would be Tyler Kennedy + one of their blue chip D prospects (morrow,maata,pouliot) + a conditional first on a cup win or iggy resigns
Kennedy + 1st + Maatta seems to be the norm for Pens offers on this board.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Kennedy + 1st + Maatta seems to be the norm for Pens offers on this board.
Penguins fans severely overhype their players. If you asked them a month before the trade of Tangradi they probably would have told you he was worth a 2nd round pick.

I also think a 1st + Maatta is a poor deal for the Flames, its not as good as than Kaberle returned.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Penguins fans severely overhype their players. If you asked them a month before the trade of Tangradi they probably would have told you he was worth a 2nd round pick.

I also think a 1st + Maatta is a poor deal for the Flames, its not as good as than Kaberle returned.
Kennedy is simply a cap dump essentially. Maata is an excellent defenseman who could arguably step in to our lineup right now. I'd take this deal, assuming nobody else outbid it.

As for the Kaberle deal, it was a better return, but he was also going into the same division. It would be no different from Vancouver really needing to overpay to get Iggy.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Kennedy is simply a cap dump essentially. Maata is an excellent defenseman who could arguably step in to our lineup right now. I'd take this deal, assuming nobody else outbid it.

As for the Kaberle deal, it was a better return, but he was also going into the same division. It would be no different from Vancouver really needing to overpay to get Iggy.
I think this "trading in the division" thing is blown out of proportion. Iginla is a UFA, the Flames don't care (or shouldn't care) where he plays, they will want the best return regardless of where he goes. It's different with a player with years on his contract, but for a UFA divisions & conferences don't mean much.

Also I know Kennedy is a contract dump, that's why I never included him when I was talking about the value coming back.

I also doubt Maatta is ready to step into the lineup, most defensemen take at least a couple years before they are ready.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote