HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vancouver-Philadelphia

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 05:07 AM
  #151
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 143
He's talking about the compliance buyout not a regular buyout

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:14 AM
  #152
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirmoc View Post
I don't know why people still go along with Steve Bennett.

Almost every post is the same. A small sampling:

Trade proposal for Gaborik:


For Umberger:


Top 15 D-man list (note presence of 4 Canucks):


NYR Proposal:


For Gagner:


For Perry:


For Vanek:


Please, it's in everyone's best interest to just ignore the post and move on. The schtick is old.

I know his posts are a joke, best to ignore him.

Although they are really funny at the same time to read have homerish they are, so maybe read and laugh, but take with a bag of salt, not a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Voracek is likely not going to be moved. In my opinion I would be Couturier before Voracek, not that that reflects everyone elses but my list of untouchables for the Flyers is as follows.

Giroux
Schenns Unless they are both moved together which we would expect a massive return
Voracek

1 of Couturier or Laughton.

I'm down for a deal of Couturier for Edler. If something can be worked around that. I would also likely do this;

Vancouver gets:
Sean Couturier
Braydon Coburn
1st round pick (top 10 protected in 2013)

Philly gets:
Alexander Edler
Cory Schneider
Would do it if you change Schneider to Luongo.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:35 AM
  #153
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 143
What's the difference in value between schneider and luongo realistically

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:39 AM
  #154
Derp Kassian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,440
vCash: 500
Phili and Van aren't good trade partners unless he Flyers sell depth guys like Talbot.

Derp Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:39 AM
  #155
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
Your badly overestimating your players...Kassian I doubt is anything special and the Flyers need a top pairing defenceman which I do not think Kevin is......
Kassian is probably the best young/prospect PWF out there and Bieksa is a #2/3.

He is a top pair guy on most teams, although he isn't elite or anything. And not the guy I would rely on as a #1.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:40 AM
  #156
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
What's the difference in value between schneider and luongo realistically
Value.

They supply the exact same goaltending, possibly Luongo a little more, the difference in age (Which really isn't a big deal, Luongo is 33 and has alot of prime years left) and the contract which isn't as bad as it is made out to be. Whatever you think those knock off the value is up to you I guess, although in terms of the return we are looking for the value is probably alot less for Luongo.

Those are the only differences, Luongo will continue to suppliy elite level, top 5 goaltending for about 4-5 years atleast IMO, and we are hoping Cory can supply that for a long time too.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:49 AM
  #157
Bourne Endeavor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,374
vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Wow, these proposals by Vancouver fans are absolutely brutal. Break out the lube.

A FAIR trade between the two teams would be something like:

Vancouver gets:
Sean Couturier
Braydon Coburn
1st round pick (top 10 protected in 2013)

Philly gets:
Alexander Edler
Cory Schneider

It's definitely a bit of an overpayment by the Flyers, but it solves both of our primary problems (young potentially elite goalie + young potentially elite PMD) so I'm willing to do it.
I think this has some pretty solid potential and helps both teams instead of what the OP was going for.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Couturier - Booth
Weise - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Coburn
Ballard - Tanev

I could definitely live with that, if only because we have a bloody answer whenever Kesler gets injured. You guys have a cheap backup you mind tossing in since Lack is out?

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:56 AM
  #158
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 19,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Seems like both teams need a bit of a shakeup. How about something like this...

To Philadelphia:
Goalie (take your pick, not intending to make this a goalie debate thread)
Alex Edler
2nd round pick

To Vancouver:
Jakub Voracek
Sean Couturier
Braydon Coburn
1st round pick

Thoughts?
I hate the Flyers but they're getting fleeced here. Again, I hate the flyers and I would love to see them get fleeced but trying to respond to this as an NHL fan and yeah, rip off to the Flyers.

They're giving up the better pieces and adding another goaltender with a long contract (Luongo is the guy most Nucks fans want to get rid of). Take out that 1st and Couturier. That might look a little closer.

I'd say something like (if Briere was convinced to waive his NTC/NMC)...

To Vancouver: Coburn + Briere + Voracek
To Philadelphia: Edler + Schnieder + Booth + 2nd in 2013

Honour Over Glory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:18 AM
  #159
Tripod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
I hate the Flyers but they're getting fleeced here. Again, I hate the flyers and I would love to see them get fleeced but trying to respond to this as an NHL fan and yeah, rip off to the Flyers.

They're giving up the better pieces and adding another goaltender with a long contract (Luongo is the guy most Nucks fans want to get rid of). Take out that 1st and Couturier. That might look a little closer.

I'd say something like (if Briere was convinced to waive his NTC/NMC)...

To Vancouver: Coburn + Briere + Voracek
To Philadelphia: Edler + Schnieder + Booth + 2nd in 2013
I say Philly tries to fix the defensive play in front of Bryz before they buy him out. We all have seen him play well when his D plays good in front of him. Why not play to HIS strengths, and play better D

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:02 AM
  #160
duffy9748
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
It would take an overpayment to get Voracek out of Philly so don't even bother including him in deals with Couturier and/or Coburn. He is top 5 in the league in scoring and looks to have the potential to be Giroux's winger for a long time. I highly doubt he remains in the top 5 or even the top 10 in scoring for the next couple years but he will be a 25-30G;50-60A guy in his prime.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:54 AM
  #161
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirmoc View Post
I don't know why people still go along with Steve Bennett.

Almost every post is the same. A small sampling:

Trade proposal for Gaborik:


For Umberger:


Top 15 D-man list (note presence of 4 Canucks):


NYR Proposal:


For Gagner:


For Perry:


For Vanek:


Please, it's in everyone's best interest to just ignore the post and move on. The schtick is old.
Wow. I honestly had never paid attention to this guy before this thread.

He has an astonishing view of the NHL. His list of top 15 defenseman is HILARIOUS. It includes 4 Vancouver Canucks but does not include Zdeno Chara.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:11 PM
  #162
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe View Post
You have to consider where that first round pick is going to be. I'd almost consider if Voracek wasn't involved.
You are kidding...Right? I see you are a rookie so I hope you are a 13 year old who is just learning the game. This is just a brutal deal for the Flyers. We need to hang on to our youth and build for the future. Keep the faith!

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
  #163
SheasRebellion6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Why is this still open?

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:04 PM
  #164
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Value.

They supply the exact same goaltending, possibly Luongo a little more, the difference in age (Which really isn't a big deal, Luongo is 33 and has alot of prime years left) and the contract which isn't as bad as it is made out to be. Whatever you think those knock off the value is up to you I guess, although in terms of the return we are looking for the value is probably alot less for Luongo.

Those are the only differences, Luongo will continue to suppliy elite level, top 5 goaltending for about 4-5 years atleast IMO, and we are hoping Cory can supply that for a long time too.
Haha I understand that, what I mean was if Luongo would be worth it for you in that deal what is the difference on our end that needs to be added to make it Schneider, I've seen a couple posters from Vancouver side of things that would be ok with that deal as is. I don't think the difference in value of Schneider vs Luongo is all that big. But from a Flyers perspective if we do go down that road and get another goalie and buyout/trade Bryz the one we would want in return in Schneider. We already have had our fill of massively long term contracts on 30+ year old goaltenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I think this has some pretty solid potential and helps both teams instead of what the OP was going for.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Couturier - Booth
Weise - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Coburn
Ballard - Tanev

I could definitely live with that, if only because we have a bloody answer whenever Kesler gets injured. You guys have a cheap backup you mind tossing in since Lack is out?
lol Leighton or Boucher, you can pick

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
  #165
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 26,755
vCash: 50
Luongo's contract is even worse than Bryzgalov's. I can't see any team trading for him. The Canucks will just have to buy him out either this summer or in 2014.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
  #166
SnS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,544
vCash: 500
Awards:
Voracek isn't available.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature, and HC for the avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:52 PM
  #167
BillDineen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Seems like both teams need a bit of a shakeup. How about something like this...

To Philadelphia:
Goalie (take your pick, not intending to make this a goalie debate thread)
Alex Edler
2nd round pick

To Vancouver:
Jakub Voracek
Sean Couturier
Braydon Coburn
1st round pick

Thoughts?


I thought Leafs fans had the worst proposals on here, but man, you Canucks fans really want to take the title.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
  #168
Tripod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post


I thought Leafs fans had the worst proposals on here, but man, you Canucks fans really want to take the title.
YUP!!!

Again...teams that are in the bottom 8 in the league, should not be trading:
1st round pick in upcoming drafts
#8 overall pick in a draft 2 years ago
#7 over all pick 6 years ago who is top 10 in scoring
#8 overall pick 10 years ago who is your #2 D-man

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
  #169
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Seems like both teams need a bit of a shakeup. How about something like this...

To Philadelphia:
Goalie (take your pick, not intending to make this a goalie debate thread)
Alex Edler
2nd round pick

To Vancouver:
Jakub Voracek
Sean Couturier
Braydon Coburn
1st round pick

Thoughts?
If Philly balked at Schenn / Couts for Weber, I strongly doubt they would throw in Jake, Coburn and a 1st for that package.

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:22 PM
  #170
Bourne Endeavor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,374
vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
lol Leighton or Boucher, you can pick
Definitely a touch choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post


I thought Leafs fans had the worst proposals on here, but man, you Canucks fans really want to take the title.
Eh, Y2K is notorious for overvaluing our players. Not to Steve's level but I'm convinced he just does that the lolz. The majority of Nuck fans acknowledge the OP is ridiculous overpayment.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:57 PM
  #171
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
or

- Subban
- Ellis
- 1st rounder


- B.Schenn
- L.Schenn
- Couturier
Oh dear god what a terrible proposal. 3 top 10 picks for Subban + trash. When did Subban win multiple Norris trophies? Or even one for that matter?

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:10 PM
  #172
HyPnOtiK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
Coburn, Voracek, Simmonds, and a 2nd rd pick...
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Couts/Schenn/Voracek + pick/prospect
For Kassian and Bieksa?? Really?

Negative.

HyPnOtiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:11 PM
  #173
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
For Schneider it would take couturier for sure minimum.

Edler + luongo for Voracek + briere

Or

Edler + Schneider for Voracek + couturier.
IMO, Voracek is untouchable right now, just a slight step below Giroux. I have no interest in trading him unless it's a ridiculous overpayment. Beyond that, it would be very bad for the Flyers to trade two forwards for a goalie and a defenseman, it would kill our depth at forward for the time being, while giving us way too many top-4 defensemen: Edler, Timonen, Schenn, Coburn, Grossmann, Meszaros. There's way too much talent and $$$ tied up in that defense. To have any of those guys (other than Meszaros maybe) playing 3rd pairing minutes / assignments is a waste. The Flyers could really use a puck-mover like Edler desperately, but they'd need to move a defenseman back in the trade.

Also, I can the Canucks would have a large hole on defense if they traded Edler and didn't get a defenseman back.

Which is why I think a deal like this makes a lot of sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Vancouver gets:
Sean Couturier
Braydon Coburn
1st round pick (top 10 protected in 2013)

Philly gets:
Alexander Edler
Cory Schneider
This trade solves Philly's two biggest problems (G and PMD), improves Vancouver immensely down the middle, gives them an excellent solution for when Kessler inevitably goes down w/ an injury, and provides good value for their #1B goalie. I also happen to think Coburn would shine in Vancouver paired w/ Bieksa. When you put Coburn w/ a solid puck-moving defenseman, he's an absolute gem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post


Would do it if you change Schneider to Luongo.
I don't think we can do that. We have no interest in Luongo's contract. We've already been burned once on a goalie with a ridiculous long term contract. I'd prefer not to get into an even worse contract with an even older goalie.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:17 PM
  #174
HyPnOtiK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Kassian is probably the best young/prospect PWF out there and Bieksa is a #2/3.

He is a top pair guy on most teams, although he isn't elite or anything. And not the guy I would rely on as a #1.
Simmonds> Kassian

HyPnOtiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
  #175
Diamonddog01
Diamond in the rough
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
It would take an overpayment to get Voracek out of Philly so don't even bother including him in deals with Couturier and/or Coburn. He is top 5 in the league in scoring and looks to have the potential to be Giroux's winger for a long time. I highly doubt he remains in the top 5 or even the top 10 in scoring for the next couple years but he will be a 25-30G;50-60A guy in his prime.
This is why Edler (often a top 10 scoring defenceman) is a fair trade. Philly fans may not go for out, but it's fair.


Last edited by Diamonddog01: 03-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.