HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers win 6-5 ...no, that's not a typo

Old
03-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Are you kidding? His tip was unreal, and he wasn't giving the puck away. That's all I expect from him and he's doing his job.

His backhand sauce is actually better than his forehand sauce, pretty odd. His backhand sauce is honestly at Nuge's level.

But that's the 5-6th time this season Hall has flubbed an odd man advantage with his shoddy saucer passes
Too critical. Hall is the only one of the uberkids not having a fallback season. He's a bear out there, playing physical, and all of his plays are blitz plays made at high speed. Try to execute precise plays at high speed sometime.

Hall is the picture perfect role model for greasy balls to the walls game on a team that gets 100% too cute and fancy a lot of the time. I'd take half a dozen players on this club that are bringing the metal that Hall is game in and game out.

He's rounding easily into power forward form. He's what? 20?

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Puck was flat on the ice...since when is that sauce?

Oh wait, I don't think you know what a saucer pass is...
From what i can see it went a bit off the ice and landed right before Whitney put it in the back of the net.

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=DL|EDM|home

I know for a fact however, that you have a hate on for Hall that's redonkulous. That pass (sauced IMO) was a beauty. How's Sequin doing lately anyways?

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
From what i can see it went a bit off the ice and landed right before Whitney put it in the back of the net.

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=DL|EDM|home

I know for a fact however, that you have a hate on for Hall that's redonkulous. That pass (sauced IMO) was a beauty. How's Sequin doing lately anyways?
Same # of goals in his last 5 games that Hall had all season - he's doing just fine

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Too critical. Hall is the only one of the uberkids not having a fallback season. He's a bear out there, playing physical, and all of his plays are blitz plays made at high speed. Try to execute precise plays at high speed sometime.

Hall is the picture perfect role model for greasy balls to the walls game on a team that gets 100% too cute and fancy a lot of the time. I'd take half a dozen players on this club that are bringing the metal that Hall is game in and game out.

I agree, his style is what this team needs more of. That's why I say if one of the big4 has to go its Ebs

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:41 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 4000
Quote:
I agree, his style is what this team needs more of. That's why I say if one of the big4 has to go its Ebs
Haven't seen enough from Yakupov to consider keeping him over Eberle.

Of course unless there's a management change you don't trade any of them. Can you imagine the return? Ugh.

OilDrop37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:24 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Come on man they likely think this is the start of something special.

Can't wait for the Oil change episode on this win. It will blur out the last 4 games or so and spend about 10 minutes on this game and how special of a moment it is for Sam Gagner playing against his old team mate but new rival in Patrick Kane and while both were up for the challenge it was Gagner's Oilers who have come out on top tonight.

Good call on the upcoming Oil Change episode...the Oilers version of Pravda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
Everyone keeps their job for another day...what's not to be satisfied about?
I have no doubts that Lowe keeps his job no matter how this turns out. I would like to believe that there is chance Tambo actually gets sent packing and not promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
I'm pretty sure this will be that one positive blip on the radar before we go back to losing one, winning one in OT, losing two, winning one in the shootout, maybe another in regulation followed by 2 losses in ot.
Yeah...thats pretty much the Oiler team we have come to know.

Remember the Lowered Expectations skit from the Old School SNL?

That should be the anthem for Oiler fans.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:30 PM
5cupstandard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

Positivity? Replacement, you feelin ok?

5cupstandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:43 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Hemsky_83 might pick on Hall too much, but he's right in that Hall isn't great on the 2-on-1 or breakaway situations.

I think overall his passing is actually much improved from the last couple of years.

I'd like to see the Triple H and 91-89-64 lines stick for next game.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Same # of goals in his last 5 games that Hall had all season - he's doing just fine
In other words worse than Hall....

Sequin - 19 pts in 23 games on a stacked Bruins team.

Hall - 21 pts in 22 games on a team barely floating above last place in the entire league...also a team that before the last game hadn't scored a goal in 2 and a 1/2 games. No only that, but he missed two games due to suspension and two games due to injury.

No contest here...Hall was the right choice all along, and is blowing Sequin out of the water production wise.

In other news...3000 posts!

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cupstandard View Post
Positivity? Replacement, you feelin ok?
heh, yep, I take the positives where I can find it. Yak is going to be another very good player. Of course J Schultz.

I think the easiest thing to think when a team is struggling is blow it up again real good. But theres several useful players in the mix we need to hold onto.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:44 AM
nexttothemoon
10 again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Hemsky_83 might pick on Hall too much, but he's right in that Hall isn't great on the 2-on-1 or breakaway situations.

I think overall his passing is actually much improved from the last couple of years.

When I watch the Oilers get odd man rushes... 2 on 1's and 3 on 1's... I'm constantly saying to myself "please please shoot the puck"... and then invariably it ends up sliding into the corner on a fumbled/broken pass play and the opposition skates up the ice getting a chance of their own.

I probably have a bad memory but I honestly can't remember a team that screws up so many golden opportunities on odd-man rushes as this current Oilers squad.

It's almost as predictable as seeing Belanger take a shot... I'm thinking "Oh great it's Belanger"... and even before the shot is taken I'm looking at where the opponents are positioned because you know a breakout is likely going the other way after he shoots and doesn't score for like the 100th time in a row.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:15 AM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Pshh. It's Hemsky's fault for not knowing how to receive a waist-high saucer pass.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Yeah, that was my first thought after this win. I can't wait to see how "Oil Change" spins this road trip now. *silly narration/dramatic music*
Oh yeah it won't even make any mention about how they blew a 4-goal lead it will be howe they dominated the first period and came out with a 4-0 lead and had a huge offensive outburst that was just what the team was looking for enroute to a huge 6-5 win lol. Won't once mention how the Oilers clinged on for the win. They will say they were in the drivers seat from start to finish and on a night like tonight it just solifies that Sam Gagner loves playing the Blackhawks.

Jesus I sound like the writer for this ****. They should contact me as I could do the same job for cheaper. I mean Katz is a business man afterall.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

I stopped watching the games live and this happens. Damn Oilers! You'd better win next time, since I will be watching.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:02 PM
sOiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
I stopped watching the games live and this happens. Damn Oilers! You'd better win next time, since I will be watching.
I'd be pretty careful; if there's one thing you can rely on the Oilers for, it's to lay an egg after a previous victory.

sOiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Oh yeah it won't even make any mention about how they blew a 4-goal lead it will be howe they dominated the first period and came out with a 4-0 lead and had a huge offensive outburst that was just what the team was looking for enroute to a huge 6-5 win lol. Won't once mention how the Oilers clinged on for the win. They will say they were in the drivers seat from start to finish and on a night like tonight it just solifies that Sam Gagner loves playing the Blackhawks.

Jesus I sound like the writer for this ****. They should contact me as I could do the same job for cheaper. I mean Katz is a business man afterall.
Do you honestly expect Oil Change to be completely non-biased?

It's an entertainment program. You need to give your head a shake because what you're expecting from them is not at all what anyone is claiming they offer.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Do you honestly expect Oil Change to be completely non-biased?

It's a propaganda program. You need to give your head a shake because what you're expecting from them is not at all what anyone is claiming they offer.
Fixed.

Its not a given that an inside look at a club can't be more honest or revealing. Or that media outlets or broadcasts can't be more critically evaluative. Its only in the Principe/Kevin Glenn universe that syncophants R us has ruled the day.

Many of us were raised on the very critical, sometimes, brutal, and honest depictions by ITV, media etc where the best team in the world, possibly in history, was called on the carpet when they **** the bed.

The notion of Hegemony wouldn't fly back then with the faithful that actually expected the best possible product and team out on the ice.

Now fans have zero expectations of the team and dreck like this is spawned off.

As a fanbase I guess we deserve what we get.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post

There's giving active criticism on Hall, then there's comparing Hall to Marchant on numerous occasions. Yeah, I'll pass.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote