HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

NHLPA Consents to Realignment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 06:04 PM
  #26
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
I don't like the divisional playoffs. I want more variety.
yeah, it sucks having this chance to really build some legitimately heated rivalries.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:15 PM
  #27
Predatorbill
Registered User
 
Predatorbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 768
vCash: 50
It sucks because we won't be able to make it out of the first or second round. Hated division rivalries are only good if you win.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:18 PM
  #28
Predatorbill
Registered User
 
Predatorbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 768
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
yeah, it sucks having this chance to really build some legitimately heated rivalries.
Although after the games with the Wild and Stars , we may not miss Detroit and Columbus as much as I thought. I do like the new Central? conference.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:11 AM
  #29
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 500
Being a newer fan of the Preds and not having any real built up rival in the Central, I like it. Plus, my new most hated team, the Jets, are now in the division. I hope we rip 'em every time. Yes....I root for the laundry.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:55 AM
  #30
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,325
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
Although after the games with the Wild and Stars , we may not miss Detroit and Columbus as much as I thought. I do like the new Central? conference.
our conference will be the "Midwest"

the conference Detroit and CBJ are moving to will be the "Central" I believe

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:33 AM
  #31
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
It sucks because we won't be able to make it out of the first or second round. Hated division rivalries are only good if you win.
Well hell if that's predetermined, why even play the game.....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:30 AM
  #32
Cashville
RIP Lindback
 
Cashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 1225
DAL and MIN will blossom into great rivalries. I'm fine with that; I vastly a prefer a rivalry that both fanbases embrace like BOS / MTL. You may lose the prestige and visibility associated with DET games, but we were always a 2nd rival behind CHI.

I'd like to get a long-term thing going with DAL especially. Games are great / intense, both southern market franchises, and I think fans of both teams don't have any pride issues in admitting the other team is their rival.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:29 AM
  #33
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
our conference will be the "Midwest"

the conference Detroit and CBJ are moving to will be the "Central" I believe
The conference Detroit is moving to (primarily the Northeast) is being called the Central (G-d only knows why). We're moving to the Atlantic.

Basically Winnipeg is heading West and the rest of the Southeast is getting divvied up between the new Central (Northeast + Florida teams + Detroit) and the new Atlantic (Atlantic + Washington + Carolina + Columbus).

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:19 AM
  #34
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,217
vCash: 500
So when Markham & QC are approved as expansion/relocation franchises the PA will vote on it again ... got it ... enjoy the 1 year of Eastern Conference play Detroit & Columbus

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:56 AM
  #35
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Right behind you....
Country: United States
Posts: 6,132
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
So when Markham & QC are approved as expansion/relocation franchises the PA will vote on it again ... got it ... enjoy the 1 year of Eastern Conference play Detroit & Columbus
It's quite possible that, as a condition of being granted a franchise, Markham and/or QC might be required to play in the West.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:28 PM
  #36
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
It's quite possible that, as a condition of being granted a franchise, Markham and/or QC might be required to play in the West.
Yeah, isn't it a big problem for the potential Markham team that they would be infringing on Toronto and Buffalos turf? Sending them west could solve that I guess.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:42 PM
  #37
PETRYDISH
Registered User
 
PETRYDISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 50
agh the Oilers are built all wrong to compete in the Pacific.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:45 PM
  #38
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Yeah, isn't it a big problem for the potential Markham team that they would be infringing on Toronto and Buffalos turf? Sending them west could solve that I guess.
that's what i've been saying. Add Seattle and Toronto2 in the west.

16 teams in each conference, Toronto gets it's hand into both conferences financially and Detroit/Columbus aren't immediately forced west again.

If Quebec gets a team, then the idea falls apart.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:48 PM
  #39
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
that's what i've been saying. Add Seattle and Toronto2 in the west.

16 teams in each conference, Toronto gets it's hand into both conferences financially and Detroit/Columbus aren't immediately forced west again.

If Quebec gets a team, then the idea falls apart.
Markham is outside of Buffalo I believe their biggest fight will be with TML

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:34 PM
  #40
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds
 
GwtGlads2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Being a newer fan of the Preds and not having any real built up rival in the Central, I like it. Plus, my new most hated team, the Jets, are now in the division. I hope we rip 'em every time. Yes....I root for the laundry.
Assuming that Winnipeg and Nashville will face each other at least once in pre-season play what if this sets up a pre-season game between the two teams in Atlanta?

GwtGlads2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:55 PM
  #41
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwtGlads2013 View Post
Assuming that Winnipeg and Nashville will face each other at least once in pre-season play what if this sets up a pre-season game between the two teams in Atlanta?
Sadly, I think that would first require ASG to not be a bunch of massive *******s.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:54 PM
  #42
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,325
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwtGlads2013 View Post
Assuming that Winnipeg and Nashville will face each other at least once in pre-season play what if this sets up a pre-season game between the two teams in Atlanta?
I cant imagine that ever happening

that would be a gigantic FU to the Thrash fans, I would think...


I mean, how well would a Phoenix preseason game gone over in Winnipeg 15 years ago?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:15 PM
  #43
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds
 
GwtGlads2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I cant imagine that ever happening

that would be a gigantic FU to the Thrash fans, I would think...


I mean, how well would a Phoenix preseason game gone over in Winnipeg 15 years ago?
Yeah that is probably a crazy thought.

GwtGlads2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:40 AM
  #44
jlsg
Registered User
 
jlsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
BOG just approved it. Looks like it's a done deal. Looking forward it.

Preds Press Release

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:41 AM
  #45
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,974
vCash: 500
It's going to be awesome

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:12 PM
  #46
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,918
vCash: 500
I'm surprised there was no noise about expanding the playoffs and more outdoor games.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:26 PM
  #47
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm surprised there was no noise about expanding the playoffs and more outdoor games.
I for one can say I am happy that there aren't any outdoor games, the notherns may like them, but I know I wouldn't want to watch a hockey game when it is 30 degrees or below outside

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
  #48
sighthndlady
Registered User
 
sighthndlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 339
vCash: 500
I would have preferred a schedule that just played everybody outside your division twice and the rest in the division. This seems needlessly complicated, but it's ok (It would have been 2 x 23 = 46 out of division games and 6x6 = 36 inside the division games for the 7 team divisions, 2 x 22 = 44 out of division games and 6x3 + 5x4 = 38 inside the division games for the 8 team divisions)

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:13 PM
  #49
davidbklyn
Registered User
 
davidbklyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Blue Jackets fan here bidding a goodbye to the Western Conference and the Central...

and hello to my new favorite Western Conference team, the Nashville Predators!

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.