Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 04:35 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
We've been saying this all season, but honestly, the next three game are crucial for the Flames. It'll decide which direction we go in; playoff mode or rebuild mode.
Unless we go 1-1-1...then we will still have no idea.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:46 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Just wondering,

Would you guys trade Baertschi+ for Corey Perry? (if he is willing to sign here obviously)

Old
03-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Just wondering,

Would you guys trade Baertschi+ for Corey Perry? (if he is willing to sign here obviously)
I think a lot people would say yes for a signed Perry, but I wouldn't. Cap wise, the Flames would be switching Iginla and Perry (although Perry's cap hit would be over 8M easily) and would thus, be in the same mess they've been in for the last decade - one elite talent and a bunch of fillers. It's just not a good way to build a team.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:32 AM
Money Baer
COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
We've been saying this all season, but honestly, the next three game are crucial for the Flames. It'll decide which direction we go in; playoff mode or rebuild mode.
I think so too.

9-9-4 now, with two games in LA. If we lose those two games, and come back 9-11-4 or even 9-10-5 you have to think management will start pulling the trigger.

It's always 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:06 AM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I think so too.

9-9-4 now, with two games in LA. If we lose those two games, and come back 9-11-4 or even 9-10-5 you have to think management will start pulling the trigger.

It's always 1 step forward 2 steps back.
on the fence about this thought seeing this organization will probably do something drastic to send this team 5 years back...

Old
03-11-2013, 08:57 AM
The Hendog

vCash: 500
Iggy to the Pens for either of the following packages

- 2013 1st round pick
- Despres

or

- 2013 1st round pick
- Maata
- Tyler Kennedy (RFA at years end)

Old
03-11-2013, 02:51 PM
FLAMESFAN

Why do people keep throwing Kennedy in there? I don't think we need another small body. Picks & prospects.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:58 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
Why do people keep throwing Kennedy in there? I don't think we need another small body. Picks & prospects.
Pitts dumps a contract and Kennedy has 78 points in the last 140 games (not including this year). Basically we get a project that could be a useful 3rd liner.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:53 PM
CREW99AW

On the NYI board we are discussing Anders Lee, who can become a ufa like Schultz did. Isles tried signing Lee last summer. Lee choose to go back to Notre Dame, saying he thought they could win a national title.

NYI fans are split about what we expect from Lee this summer. Some fans say he's a high character kid and will sign. I hope Lee signs. But, if I was in his shoes, I'd look for an organization that lacked youngsters or one that lacked big, physical players. Isles have a glut of youngsters, a few with pf potential.

If I was Lee or his rep, I'd be looking hard at SJ, Edmonton and Calgary, trying to reach the NHL asap.

I've read several of your fans posts, about needing to add youth. Would your gm offer a conditional 2rd rounder for Lee's rights. Isles get a 2nd only if he signs. With a shrinking ufa market, there will be plenty of teams to offer Lee very nice money to sign.

Pronman's comments on Lee:
Date of birth: 07/03/1990
Height: 6'3''
Weight: 218
Shoots: Left
Statistics: 40 GP, 17 G, 34 P (University of Notre Dame-CCHA)
Acquired: Sixth round, 152nd overall in 2009 by New York Islanders

The Good: Lee has a plus if not better physical game and is an absolute beast on the ice. His huge frame makes it so hard for players to strip the puck from him as he is a prototypical power forward you put in front of the net on a power play. He's got a high-end shot and can rip bombs from a distance and show accuracy doing so. Lee has above-average puck skills as well and is pretty coordinated for a big guy.

The Bad: Lee is more of a shoot-first player, and while his off-the-puck hockey sense is decent, he's not much of a playmaker. His skating is still notably below-average too. His production dropped off this year, however he was getting a ton of chances and seemed like a case of sample size where should he have gotten another 40 games to play with the same level of chance creation he would've had much better scoring rates.

Projection: He could be a below-average second-line forward.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:59 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
On the NYI board we are discussing Anders Lee, who can become a ufa like Schultz did. Isles tried signing Lee last summer. Lee choose to go back to Notre Dame, saying he thought they could win a national title.

NYI fans are split about what we expect from Lee this summer. Some fans say he's a high character kid and will sign. I hope Lee signs. But, if I was in his shoes, I'd look for an organization that lacked youngsters or one that lacked big, physical players. Isles have a glut of youngsters, a few with pf potential.

If I was Lee or his rep, I'd be looking hard at SJ, Edmonton and Calgary, trying to reach the NHL asap.

I've read several of your fans posts, about needing to add youth. Would your gm offer a conditional 2rd rounder for Lee's rights. Isles get a 2nd only if he signs. With a shrinking ufa market, there will be plenty of teams to offer Lee very nice money to sign.

Pronman's comments on Lee:
Date of birth: 07/03/1990
Height: 6'3''
Weight: 218
Shoots: Left
Statistics: 40 GP, 17 G, 34 P (University of Notre Dame-CCHA)
Acquired: Sixth round, 152nd overall in 2009 by New York Islanders

The Good: Lee has a plus if not better physical game and is an absolute beast on the ice. His huge frame makes it so hard for players to strip the puck from him as he is a prototypical power forward you put in front of the net on a power play. He's got a high-end shot and can rip bombs from a distance and show accuracy doing so. Lee has above-average puck skills as well and is pretty coordinated for a big guy.

The Bad: Lee is more of a shoot-first player, and while his off-the-puck hockey sense is decent, he's not much of a playmaker. His skating is still notably below-average too. His production dropped off this year, however he was getting a ton of chances and seemed like a case of sample size where should he have gotten another 40 games to play with the same level of chance creation he would've had much better scoring rates.

Projection: He could be a below-average second-line forward.
Thats really interesting. He sounds like just the kind of prospect the Flames should be looking at. I wonder what he would cost to acquire in a trade. Im oblivious to NYI's needs.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Adirondack Flames

I'm not against a deal like that, but not at the cost of a 2nd rounder.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Not like we're used to having those around these parts... But if he goes to UFA there's no point in sending assets to the Isles for him.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:19 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Not like we're used to having those around these parts... But if he goes to UFA there's no point in sending assets to the Isles for him.
The team that owns his rights, can sign him right after ND's season ends and then offer to burn a yr off his ELC this season. It'd put him closer to becoming a ufa.

And with a shrinking ufa market, deep pocketed teams will look at Lee as a good pickup for cash alone. Unless he grew up a Flame fan or in that part of the country, he has no real reason to choose Calgary over the other teams throwing money at him.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:21 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I appreciate the feedback.

Oiler fans have agreed to a conditional 2nd. Now if only I could use a Jedi mind trick on Snow and Tambellini

Old
03-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
I appreciate the feedback.

Oiler fans have agreed to a conditional 2nd. Now if only I could use a Jedi mind trick on Snow and Tambellini
The Oilers are more inclined to make a stupid trade as long as Lowe is pulling the strings in Edmonton, so you should definitely go there first.

Now don't get me wrong if the Flames made such a move I would support it because I am sure they have had enough scouts checking out the progress of Nick Larson

Old
03-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
The team that owns his rights, can sign him right after ND's season ends and then offer to burn a yr off his ELC this season. It'd put him closer to becoming a ufa.

And with a shrinking ufa market, deep pocketed teams will look at Lee as a good pickup for cash alone. Unless he grew up a Flame fan or in that part of the country, he has no real reason to choose Calgary over the other teams throwing money at him.
I guess what I'm saying is that if he would be allowed to talk to Calgary before the trade and agree to sign a contract, I'd be okay with it, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with giving up stuff for someone who might just walk away for nothing. Or has this loophole been closed in the new CBA and I'm worrying about nothing?

How about Greg Nemisz (& say conditional 2014 4th) for Anders Lee? Not sure what the Isles would need.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:53 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I guess what I'm saying is that if he would be allowed to talk to Calgary before the trade and agree to sign a contract, I'd be okay with it, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with giving up stuff for someone who might just walk away for nothing. Or has this loophole been closed in the new CBA and I'm worrying about nothing?

How about Greg Nemisz (& say conditional 2014 4th) for Anders Lee? Not sure what the Isles would need.
It would be a conditional pick. The isles only get the pick if he signs.
The incentive for him to sign would be him getting the first yr of his contract burned off. He's 1 yr closer to unrestricted free agency.

Not knocking Nemisz, but I don't see him as an upgrade on the young forwards the isles have knocking on the door. I'd rather have a 2nd, to replace the one the isles sent to Anaheim in the Vis trade.

Strome/Nino/Nelson/KK/Ullstrom/Cizakas/Sundstrom.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
It would be a conditional pick. The isles only get the pick if he signs.
The incentive for him to sign would be him getting the first yr of his contract burned off. He's 1 yr closer to unrestricted free agency.

Not knocking Nemisz, but I don't see him as an upgrade on the young forwards the isles have knocking on the door. I'd rather have a 2nd, to replace the one the isles sent to Anaheim in the Vis trade.

Strome/Nino/Nelson/KK/Ullstrom/Cizakas/Sundstrom.
Nemisz isn't intended to be a scoring forward, he'd be a bottom six defensive / PK / energy guy at best. No knocks there.

Flames would need to shed a contract as they're near the limit. Maybe if you took Comeau back?

Old
03-11-2013, 10:18 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Was talking to duckaroosky about Iginla and we came up with a semi-decent offer...

To ANA: Iginla
To CGY: Palmieri, Etem, Conditional 2nd (becomes a 1st if Anaheim wins the Cup)

Thoughts?

Old
03-11-2013, 10:52 PM
gdaddy21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Was talking to duckaroosky about Iginla and we came up with a semi-decent offer...

Thoughts?
I really, really, like this trade. Just move around a couple of pieces.. see if you can get a first out of them, but this trade is right on the money.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:46 PM
theguyinside*

Iginla is only going to Pittsburgh or Boston, count on it.

Jay will most likely end up in Detroit, and Kipper will go to Philly.

The Flames should end up with:

Pitts 1st
Det 1st
Phi 1st

With their own, that makes 4 first rounders. That + Sven and Mark J, Flames will be back on track in 3 years.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:53 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post

Thoughts?
I doubt Ana parts with both Palmiere and Etem (their fans are high on both) but that looks like a good deal.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:59 PM
TheHudlinator

Gio + Kipper to Tampa for Panik + Barberio + 1st
Iginla to Carolina for Dalpe/Rask + Mcbain + 2nd (1st if Carolina makes SCF)
Stempniak to Pitts for 2nd

Old
03-12-2013, 11:05 PM
TheHudlinator

If we end up with a top 5 pick would anyone be willing to move Sven for another top 5 pick, end up with say Drouin + Barkov?

Old
03-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
If we end up with a top 5 pick would anyone be willing to move Sven for another top 5 pick, end up with say Drouin + Barkov?
Had to think about it, but no. I don't think I would.

Closed Thread