HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Richards at practice (3-11)

Old
03-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
It's been pretty evident by his lack of playing time that he's days might be numbered. Better for him to go to a team an play. ANd depending on what DL needs or is offered, mabye you do add another player. But keeping him in the press box for most of the year isn't good for him.
ANd with TT called up...just might mean Richardson is going soon.

Jeez..given what Carolina gave up for Westgarth, the Kings should get something.
Carolina posters were very quick to point out that Stewart's $$ was why the return was what is was. We bought a higher draft pick by taking back that salary.

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:25 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

vCash: 500
As much as I would love to keep Bernier around, he HAS asked for a trade, and LA will need to move him sooner or later.

So with that in mind, I wouldn't mind a trade around Bernier for Iginla + Joey MacDonald.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
As much as I would love to keep Bernier around, he HAS asked for a trade, and LA will need to move him sooner or later.

So with that in mind, I wouldn't mind a trade around Bernier for Iginla + Joey MacDonald.
Uhm, another winger? Who's contract is ending at the end of the year? No thanks. We need another Dman. Scuderi's contract is up and he hasn't looked to par this season.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:46 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
As other people have said, they probably want him to get some practices in before putting him into the lineup. I didn't think they would call him up without playing him, but this still makes sense. He'll be familiar with the players and tempo when he does step in for a game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropdapuck View Post
Isn't it more likely that this is a move to give a hard working, near NHLer a mid-season taste of the big leagues? Seems like the organization has done this in the past. And it represents the kind of thoroughness Lombardi is known for.
A bit of both, IMO. Give the kid a little bit of a reward but leave him wanting more. "Hope you enjoyed the lap of luxury, kid, now get back on the bus." They did this with Voynov a few times before he stuck. Remember the "He's going back to Russia!!" hand-wringing?

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Uhm, another winger? Who's contract is ending at the end of the year? No thanks. We need another Dman. Scuderi's contract is up and he hasn't looked to par this season.
Iginla playing on a line with Carter and Richards would be incredible.

The point is to win the Cup now. Not stockpile for the future.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Iginla's would be, which would be the point, as opposed to targetting a guy signed long-term.

As for D, even without Scuderi and Mitchell, next year we'll have (assuming no trade/contract issues):

Doughty-Greene
Martinez-Voynov
Ellerby-Muzzin

Not great, but not bad. I could see us wanting to upgrade over Ellerby, but beyond that it's not bad at all. Where we are a little concerned is in terms of depth, as only Deslauriers is on the farm next year with both the experience as a pro and the ability to play NHL minutes. Maybe Bodnarchuk as well. Campbell and Kolomatis I have questions about.

As such, I could see DL going after a college kid UFA, like we did years back with Piskula. The top one is Danny Dekeyser, but there's no way we get him. Beyond that, Sustr would be nice, but i see him needing pro experience before being ready to step up and play in the NHL, and we'd want someone who can step in fairly soon.

Shayne Taker I could see us looking at. There's actually a decent crop of college D-men to consider this year. This article lists some of them: http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-the-ccha-wcha

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:09 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Iginla's would be, which would be the point, as opposed to targetting a guy signed long-term.

As for D, even without Scuderi and Mitchell, next year we'll have (assuming no trade/contract issues):

Doughty-Greene
Martinez-Voynov
Ellerby-Muzzin

Not great, but not bad. I could see us wanting to upgrade over Ellerby, but beyond that it's not bad at all. Where we are a little concerned is in terms of depth, as only Deslauriers is on the farm next year with both the experience as a pro and the ability to play NHL minutes. Maybe Bodnarchuk as well. Campbell and Kolomatis I have questions about.

As such, I could see DL going after a college kid UFA, like we did years back with Piskula. The top one is Danny Dekeyser, but there's no way we get him. Beyond that, Sustr would be nice, but i see him needing pro experience before being ready to step up and play in the NHL, and we'd want someone who can step in fairly soon.

Shayne Taker I could see us looking at. There's actually a decent crop of college D-men to consider this year. This article lists some of them: http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-the-ccha-wcha
LA could also keep Drewiske around for depth. I think he's played well enough this year to warrant consideration over Ellerby, and would almost certainly be a better choice than a college FA.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM
damacles1156

They will rotate some peeps soon, the Kings have a ton of games coming in a short span.

Someone is going to get dinged up. This way Tyler doesn't have to fly out too LA. He is already here.

It's not like the East where the guy is a car ride down the street.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:24 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
LA could also keep Drewiske around for depth. I think he's played well enough this year to warrant consideration over Ellerby, and would almost certainly be a better choice than a college FA.
I 100% agree, I just didn't list him as he is a UFA as well and seems to be the odd man out at the moment now that A-Mart is back.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

Quote:
Iginla playing on a line with Carter and Richards would be incredible.

The point is to win the Cup now. Not stockpile for the future.
This!! The waiting is over. We have won the Cup. We ARE contenders for seasons to come. We need to keep the team fresh and cohesive so TT in skate and maybe on the lineup tomorrow is reasonable. We do not ned to worry about the system. We now have a GM and staff who can actually take care of the Farm club and the Big team at the same time! Yes.....I know we are not used to this.. But it's true!

Pssst.. I have a Stanley Cup banner that says it's true.

A few maybe scenarios:

1) Calgary was so ragdolled Saturday that maybe they want to trade JB AND King/Lewis/Nolan for Iggy.
So you get TT ready.

2) Maybe the agents were there to see one of our big young forwards King/Lewis/Nolan to be part of a package for a top 4 Dman (Sad....What kid would want to leave LA) Again you get TT ready.

3) This is a dream but.... Maybe, Just maybe TT and Bernier are part of a package for what is now the Florida Fire Sale!!?

2-4 Slashin is offline   Reply With Quote