HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Carter NHL 3rd star of the week

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 11:17 AM
  #1
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,092
vCash: 500
Carter NHL 3rd star of the week

NHL'S 3rd star of last week is Jeff Carter


http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home


interesting stat:

In 539 career NHL games, the London, Ont., native has 219-177—396 and 46 game-winning goals.


THat's over 21% and that's pretty damn good.

Bob gets 1st star a nd well deserved.

ANd I love Bob. Good for him, if anybody saw either game (back to back w/Detroit or the Canuc ks game earlier, hewas outstanding) Good for Bobk, a very talented young goalie with a great attitude and work ethic that the Flyers threw away(HUGE MISTAKE) He's got a great future w/the BJ's and w Davidson running the ship, he'll do for them what he did for the blues. BJ's have won their last 5 games.


Last edited by deeshamrock: 03-11-2013 at 11:25 AM.
deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:27 AM
  #2
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 500
awesome, if he would of scored important not blowout goals he may have got first star

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:28 AM
  #3
DaAnimal
Registered User
 
DaAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
NHL'S 3rd star of last week is Jeff Carter


http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home


interesting stat:

In 539 career NHL games, the London, Ont., native has 219-177396 and 46 game-winning goals.


THat's over 21% and that's pretty damn good.

Bob gets 1st stat a nd well deserved.

ANd I love Bob. Good for him, if anybody saw either game (back to back w/Detroit or the Canuc ks game earlier, hewas outstanding) Good for Bobk, a very talented young goalie with a great attitude and work ethic that the Flyers threw away(HUGE MISTAKE) He's got a great future w/the BJ's and w Davidson running the ship, he'll do for them what he did for the blues. BJ's have won their last 5 games.
Clutch stats. IMO, Carts is having a P. Bondra season

Good for Bob. I like watching him play. BJ's will be a good team within the next two years as long as they draft well. 3 1st rounders this year. Wouldn't it be funny if they drafted Seth Jones, McKannon, and Jonathan Drouin at the same time lol.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:34 AM
  #4
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Good for Bob. I like watching him play. BJ's will be a good team within the next two years as long as they draft well. 3 1st rounders this year. Wouldn't it be funny if they drafted Seth Jones, McKannon, and Jonathan Drouin at the same time lol.
They drafted pretty good last year and with 3 picks and the need for upgrading their forwards, I wouldbn't be surprised if they flipped one in a trade for a top 6 forward.

Either way, Davidson is one of the smartest hockey guys in the business, he'll do right by them.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:02 PM
  #5
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,487
vCash: 500
I'm thrilled for both Carter and Bob!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:03 PM
  #6
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
Three flyers stars (JVR, Bob, Carter) traded by the flyers for being failed projects all having great seasons. Hilarious. Can't wait to see the overreaction trade they make in response to this year.

Good for Carter to get some recognition. I hope he can keep up this pace. It's nice to see him doing so well.

And I agree it would be nice to see the BJs get some great young talent. Their fans have suffered a lot over the years.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:47 PM
  #7
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Three flyers stars (JVR, Bob, Carter) traded by the flyers for being failed projects all having great seasons. Hilarious. Can't wait to see the overreaction trade they make in response to this year.
And ever year here in Philly that scares me because like the flu, you know it' s only a matter of time.
Big Ed is pushing 80 and getting more irrational. And although the Flyer are not elite or a contender, and he should just leave the youngsters alone, he won't.
I'd ride ouit the year, get rid of the deadwood, buy out Danny B (and 2 more years at 7 mill) and try to find a decent D in Free Agnecy or trade up to get Seth Jones) if they don't make the playoffs, the should be int he top 10.
But Ed generally doesn't do that...and he'll make another bad move.
I'm still angry about JVR ....and wondering on who the next sacrificial lamb will be

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:15 PM
  #8
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 14,060
vCash: 500
Carter has been money. I think his goals made Kopitar get on track faster. Maybe Kopi realized that the top goal scorer on the team isn't him anymore because Kopi is scoring a goal or so every game now. I think Carters goal totals sort of woke him up.

KingKopitar11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:50 PM
  #9
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
And ever year here in Philly that scares me because like the flu, you know it' s only a matter of time.
Big Ed is pushing 80 and getting more irrational. And although the Flyer are not elite or a contender, and he should just leave the youngsters alone, he won't.
I'd ride ouit the year, get rid of the deadwood, buy out Danny B (and 2 more years at 7 mill) and try to find a decent D in Free Agnecy or trade up to get Seth Jones) if they don't make the playoffs, the should be int he top 10.
But Ed generally doesn't do that...and he'll make another bad move.
I'm still angry about JVR ....and wondering on who the next sacrificial lamb will be
It's looking more like Couturier now after he had a sub par year and they have a lot of centers. That would be my guess but I don't think it's a good idea to say the least. However, if they have another year like this one, they might trade Giroux. Yes, I believe Ed really is that crazy.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:53 PM
  #10
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,166
vCash: 500
I just noticed now, but Jeff Carter has at least one goal in nine of his last ten games. That's crazy!

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:55 PM
  #11
SCARFACE909
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
I just noticed now, but Jeff Carter has at least one goal in nine of his last ten games. That's crazy!
Overall he has 13 goals in his last 13 games.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:59 PM
  #12
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Clutch stats. IMO, Carts is having a P. Bondra season

Good for Bob. I like watching him play. BJ's will be a good team within the next two years as long as they draft well. 3 1st rounders this year. Wouldn't it be funny if they drafted Seth Jones, McKannon, and Jonathan Drouin at the same time lol.
Is he related to MR??

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.