HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Push avatars

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 03:24 PM
  #26
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!
 
Sasha Cares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Island of Misfit Toy
Posts: 9,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
One of the Frames would need to be this then

Perfect. Omg MTL fans would burn down our board.

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:27 PM
  #27
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?
 
Finlandia WOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,584
vCash: 500
Do something about how Semin wouldn't crack the Pens/Red Wings/Devils lineup.

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:30 PM
  #28
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 32,369
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha Cares View Post
The Cam Ward should say Montreal actual 06 Champs
There's going to be enough bandwagoners that we could get away with doing a Justin Williams or Cory Stillman one that says that.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:33 PM
  #29
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?
 
Finlandia WOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
There's going to be enough bandwagoners that we could get away with doing a Justin Williams or Cory Stillman one that says that.
I was wondering about that. As a mod, how do you guys handle the bandwagon rush come playoff time?

I seem to recall the Hawks board kind of exploded after they won the Cup...

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM
  #30
Roboturner913
Registered User
 
Roboturner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Yeah there's a fine line. The B's fans go away with their 911 crap for their cup year, but our anti-Bandwagon avatars were squashed FAST.

On the other hand if we handle things the right way with this, making fun of EVERYONE, it could work.

say:
Frame 1: Eric Staal
Frame 2: stats
Frame 3: overrated, Fleury was the obvious choice at #1

Frame 1: Alexander Semin
Frame 2: stats
Frame 3: total cancer, reason for the Caps failures

Frame 1: Jiri Tlusty
Frame 2: stats
Frame 3: Not good enough to break the Leafs top 9

Frame 1: Justin Faulk
Frame 2: stats, rookie all-star team
Frame 3: overrated, Jon Merrill's clearly the better prospect

Frame 1: Cam Ward
Frame 2: 06 Conn Smythe winner
Frame 3: Total fluke, Oilers deserved that cup

etc.
Pitkanen
#1 defenseman
Too bad he's a wallflower

Skinner
Calder winner with a great smile
Dives so often he owns scuba gear

Jordan Staal
premiere #2 center and penalty killer
Much worse than Brandon Sutter

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:50 PM
  #31
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 32,369
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway to Cap Hell View Post
I was wondering about that. As a mod, how do you guys handle the bandwagon rush come playoff time?

I seem to recall the Hawks board kind of exploded after they won the Cup...
wish I could tell you on that one. It's been WAY too long since we've had a nice long playoff run. I can't see our board taking off THAT much but I can see us adding another couple dozen regulars pretty easily, maybe a bit more. We might add Tarheel as a mod here as well (since he's BoH board), but the globals like me tend to fix the mess short term. The more active the board the more moderators we tend to add. For instance we have 2 covering our board right now, while SJ and LA both have 4, and Vancouver has 8 covering their board.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
  #32
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall
 
halleJOKEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,526
vCash: 500
If we don't go with the "wouldn't crack the Leaf's lineup" theme, I will be so disappointed.

halleJOKEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:18 PM
  #33
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 32,369
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
If we don't go with the "wouldn't crack the Leaf's lineup" theme, I will be so disappointed.
It won't go over well with the higher ups. Too much of a target towards one particular fanbase. I'm honestly still trying to figure out how some Bruins fans got away with the 911 crap and even that was less directed. Only places it's workable are with Harrison, Brent, and Tlusty.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:27 PM
  #34
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
It won't go over well with the higher ups. Too much of a target towards one particular fanbase. I'm honestly still trying to figure out how some Bruins fans got away with the 911 crap and even that was less directed. Only places it's workable are with Harrison, Brent, and Tlusty.
Agreed here. If we go that route, I like the idea of spreading the love (or the hate) as it were. How about for Skinner "Couture deserved the Calder?"

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:33 PM
  #35
Novacane
LOCK
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 18,613
vCash: 500
We need to use at least Tlusty for the "Couldn't crack the Leafs lineup". I mean, come on.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:35 PM
  #36
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 32,369
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
We need to use at least Tlusty for the "Couldn't crack the Leafs lineup". I mean, come on.
Oh I have no problem with that one.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:12 PM
  #37
BanginLikeaBiscuit
Dobby
 
BanginLikeaBiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Agreed here. If we go that route, I like the idea of spreading the love (or the hate) as it were. How about for Skinner "Couture deserved the Calder?"
Yeah, that's probably the best solution, hit on whoever the detractor was for each player, which can include Harrison/Tlusty not cracking the Leaf's lineup. I'm sure we can find something for each player and "spread the hate"

BanginLikeaBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:25 PM
  #38
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanginLikeaBiscuit View Post
Yeah, that's probably the best solution, hit on whoever the detractor was for each player, which can include Harrison/Tlusty not cracking the Leaf's lineup. I'm sure we can find something for each player and "spread the hate"
The difficult thing to do is to address players that don't really have detractors (aside from our own posters). I mean what do you do for guys like Bowman, Brent, Dwyer, Nash, Terry, Wallace, Westgarth, and even to an extent LaRose?

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:38 PM
  #39
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8
 
w e l o s t b o y s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,567
vCash: 500
Didn't the avatars trolling Buffalo have to be removed? Not to be the nancy to point it out but might just want it to be "Wouldn't crack your lineup"

w e l o s t b o y s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:40 PM
  #40
AntonFromAppState
hockeytalkuncensored
 
AntonFromAppState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Carolina
Country: Honduras
Posts: 2,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall View Post
Didn't the avatars trolling Buffalo have to be removed? Not to be the nancy to point it out but might just want it to be "Wouldn't crack your lineup"
Are you talking about the "meme" avatars? I swear someone had "Buffalo's greatest victory" for a long time

AntonFromAppState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
  #41
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8
 
w e l o s t b o y s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonFromAppState View Post
Are you talking about the "meme" avatars? I swear someone had "Buffalo's greatest victory" for a long time
Yeah pretty sure they had to get rid of them because it was considered trolling

w e l o s t b o y s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:06 PM
  #42
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady
 
What the Faulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 28,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonFromAppState View Post
Are you talking about the "meme" avatars? I swear someone had "Buffalo's greatest victory" for a long time
That was me. I just ended up changing it to this one because I had it forever. No one asked me to change or anything, surprisingly. But then I rarely venture off this board except to Football, and threads here and there on the main, entertainment and lounge.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:12 PM
  #43
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8
 
w e l o s t b o y s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,567
vCash: 500
Maybe I'm crazy then

w e l o s t b o y s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:24 PM
  #44
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady
 
What the Faulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 28,990
vCash: 500
Nah you're not. Some had to be gotten rid of, I remember, but I guess somehow I slipped through the cracks for months.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:56 PM
  #45
Joe McGrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
What about a blazing saddles theme where we replace the offensive words with adjectives describing the Canes.

Example: We can't afford to lose no horses: cut to Eric and Skinner: Send over a couple of divers.

Or you can go with a simple "Up yours diver"

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:15 PM
  #46
ChuckW
We'll be back.
 
ChuckW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
No Blazing Saddles and please no Breaking Bad.

I vote something to do with "garbage franchise". GP kids or something.

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:17 PM
  #47
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,036
vCash: 500
"Justin Faulk: not good enough to play in the AHL"

On top of a picture of Jake Gardiner

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:41 PM
  #48
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
No Blazing Saddles and please no Breaking Bad.

I vote something to do with "garbage franchise". GP kids or something.
Card 1: Jiri Tlusty (plus stats)
Card 2: Couldn't be a stickboy for the Leafs (with Leafs logo)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

Card 1: Justin Faulk (plus stats)
Card 2: Not as good as an AHLer (with Gardiner's roster photo)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

Card 1 Jeff Skinner (plus stats)
Card 2: Couture should have won the Calder (with Couture's draft photo)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

Card 1: Eric Staal (plus stats)
Card 2: Jordan's better (Jordan's old Pens roster photo)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

Card 1: Cam Ward (plus stats)
Card 2: Just got lucky (Picture of Cam holding the Conn Smythe)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

What about that sort of concept?

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:18 PM
  #49
ChuckW
We'll be back.
 
ChuckW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Card 1: Jiri Tlusty (plus stats)
Card 2: Couldn't be a stickboy for the Leafs (with Leafs logo)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

Card 1: Justin Faulk (plus stats)
Card 2: Not as good as an AHLer (with Gardiner's roster photo)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

Card 1 Jeff Skinner (plus stats)
Card 2: Couture should have won the Calder (with Couture's draft photo)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

Card 1: Eric Staal (plus stats)
Card 2: Jordan's better (Jordan's old Pens roster photo)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

Card 1: Cam Ward (plus stats)
Card 2: Just got lucky (Picture of Cam holding the Conn Smythe)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

What about that sort of concept?
Love it. I vote for this.

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:26 PM
  #50
bilpeto
Master Mixologist
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Card 1 Jeff Skinner (plus stats)
Card 2: Couture should have won the Calder (with Couture's draft photo)
Card 3: JR's Junkyard

What about that sort of concept?
I think the second piece should say "Secondary Assists" and show a picture of Couture. Otherwise, I like this idea. Combines a couple of good ideas in this thread.

bilpeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.