HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I can't believe (Timonen)

Old
03-08-2013, 06:18 AM
FadeToBlack

vCash: 500
Learn to spreadsheet, kids. The Flyers are pacing to be the seventh worst team in the league at this point. In order to break into the top 16 teams (yes I know this doesn't factor in conferences ATM) they would need to go 13.00-6.64-3.36 out. Or 27.5 points assuming everybody maintains pace. The Flyers need to perform 6 points BETTER than they have the first half of the year and I really doubt this team can do that.

They're ****ed. I am thinking they finish with the 4th to 9th draft slot.

FadeToBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:39 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Kimmo has been declining for a couple years. When he is your top defenseman, you are in big trouble. He's not bad, he's just not a legit number one anymore and we're surely not getting our money's worth.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:19 AM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
First off, I didn't respond like that anywhere..what are you reading? Secondly, I'll post what I want to post but by all means you do have 37 posts so you must have started these forums.The extension whether you want to admit it or not was stupid and uncalled for, as well as hoping for a handshake deal for 2 mil for 1 more year because he's only getting slower and weaker but let's add more time ..lol.
I didn't say you responded saying that. I asked who you would have rather signed with that money and said not to respond with the typical "that's not my job but they need to find someone" kind of comment that I see here so often. It's not that easy.

And about the post count comment, you're right, it takes a high post count to have a valid opinion. I'm sure a veteran like yourself has no much knowledge because you've hit "submit reply" so many times.

Again I ask, if the extention was so "stupid and uncalled for" who would you have signed with the money?

StoneHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Curufinwe

There was just no reason for signing Kimmo to a new deal with months left in the season. Wait till it's over and you can assess how injured he is.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
There was just no reason for signing Kimmo to a new deal with months left in the season. Wait till it's over and you can assess how injured he is.
Price goes up the closer he gets to FA. In addition, you substract time he gets to think about the possibilities of going somewhere else. Flyers have no one to replace him if he leaves. Better to play it safe here.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Curufinwe

His value is going down with every game. He looks like a pylon out there. And was he really looking to uproot his family in his final NHL season? I don't think so.

Last edited by Curufinwe: 03-09-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:21 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

They should still trade Timmo before or at the deadline .Don't want a bum @ 6 mill next season

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:31 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Kimmo has been declining for a couple years. When he is your top defenseman, you are in big trouble. He's not bad, he's just not a legit number one anymore and we're surely not getting our money's worth.
this x100

the flyers could have moved kimo at the deadline for a Zhitnik for Coburn type deal.

hopefully, kimo would waive to go to a contender.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:41 PM
FlyersFan61290

Kimmo won't be traded cause of the extension. i really wished they waited to sign him too so that they could've gotten something for him. he seems to be getting progressively worse. stupid little things that he should not be doing like icing the puck on the powerplay yesterday. or his inopportune pinches in a tie game (against the pens that lead to the game winning goal). he's not playing like a vet these days.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Papa Voracek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Kimmo won't be traded cause of the extension. i really wished they waited to sign him too so that they could've gotten something for him. he seems to be getting progressively worse. stupid little things that he should not be doing like icing the puck on the powerplay yesterday. or his inopportune pinches in a tie game (against the pens that lead to the game winning goal). he's not playing like a vet these days.
Yea the signing was odd timing, why so early? It's not like they got a big discount.

Papa Voracek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:48 PM
lancer247

Quote:
would the $6M scare off a cup contender knowing that it is only for 1 more season? He wouldn't be that bad if he weren't expected to be a number one.

CHI
STL
VAN
NSH
RAGS (Replace Staal)

Old
03-10-2013, 09:18 PM
FlyerFire

so how about it now? 2 assists so far tonight and playing good.

FlyerFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:52 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFire View Post
it's not his offense it's his d. he can't carry a top pairing which wouldn't be so bad but he is getting $6M. Doesn't he lead the league in minor penalties?

Old
03-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Breeze 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFire View Post
oh , well than I have a drawer full of old broken watches for you...you'd like them they are right twice a day!! Gimme a break.

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:25 PM
FlyerFire

Let me ask, how God damn old are you? OK then ****. Hes been fine

FlyerFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:58 PM
Breeze 44

Why...are you 12? The fact of the matter is, there was no reason to give him an extension let alone for 6 million a year. His play has diminished and he's only getting older, I can't help what you can't see..

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:06 AM
tymed

You guys are ridiculous!! We're all aware that he has 19 points in 27 games right? I'm pretty sure that puts him on career-high pace offensively at 55 pro-rated over 82. He's getting old and works like a horse for this team, missing only 13 games in 5.5 season for our team. Sure, he's lost a step or two but we'd be completely ****ing screwed without him, on and off the ice. Parts of his game have declined noticeably but it's a good thing we signed him for next year, even at 6mill. It's a one year deal and there's no one close in our system or roster to replace what he brings. So many whiners in our fanbase!

The guy has brought so much to our team over his tenure and is a huge part of this squad in every way possible. It's absurd that there are so many people complaining about such a great player.

An early congrats to Kimmo who's 3 games away from 1000, and more than glad to have him on our team to retire in orange and black.

Go complain about someone else, seeing as that's how all anyone around here does.

tymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:43 AM
flyaz4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
You guys are ridiculous!! We're all aware that he has 19 points in 27 games right? I'm pretty sure that puts him on career-high pace offensively at 55 pro-rated over 82. He's getting old and works like a horse for this team, missing only 13 games in 5.5 season for our team. Sure, he's lost a step or two but we'd be completely ****ing screwed without him, on and off the ice. Parts of his game have declined noticeably but it's a good thing we signed him for next year, even at 6mill. It's a one year deal and there's no one close in our system or roster to replace what he brings. So many whiners in our fanbase!

The guy has brought so much to our team over his tenure and is a huge part of this squad in every way possible. It's absurd that there are so many people complaining about such a great player.

An early congrats to Kimmo who's 3 games away from 1000, and more than glad to have him on our team to retire in orange and black.

Go complain about someone else, seeing as that's how all anyone around here does.
THIS.. are we really complaining about having the second highest point scoring defensman thus far?

flyaz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:50 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:

I agree with this

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

His defensive play has declined, but he now sits at 2nd place among NHL Dmen for point production. He has 19 points, Letang has 26.

03-11-2013, 05:22 PM
budscweizer16

Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
I dont get it. people dont know what they got till its gone.
we would be lost without Kimmo. FACT

budscweizer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:59 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by budscweizer16 View Post
I dont get it. people dont know what they got till its gone.
we would be lost without Kimmo. FACT
Newsflash, we're lost anyway, so who cares? We're not making the playoffs.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:17 PM
tymed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Newsflash, we're lost anyway, so who cares? We're not making the playoffs.
You must be suggesting that we get rid of any of our top players then...this statement makes no sense.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:49 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
You must be suggesting that we get rid of any of our top players then...this statement makes no sense.
it makes perfect sense. the rest of our top players are young and have years ahead of them. kimmo is most likely done after next year and if they waited to sign him they could of shipped him off giving him a chance to win this year and maybe gotten a good pick in return. then you can re-signed him in the offseason when his entire year could be evaluated. i really don't like the cap hit but more so the timing of him being re-signing.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:10 PM
tymed

Quote:
it makes perfect sense. the rest of our top players are young and have years ahead of them. kimmo is most likely done after next year and if they waited to sign him they could of shipped him off giving him a chance to win this year and maybe gotten a good pick in return. then you can re-signed him in the offseason when his entire year could be evaluated. i really don't like the cap hit but more so the timing of him being re-signing.
Ya, our core is very young. But they're not exactly at the beginning of their development curve. The guys have status and dignity built in this league already and it can't be understated how important it is to preserve that at this point. This isn't a rebuild roster in any way, shape, or form. Our franchise player and brand new captain is already facing enough struggle with the way the season is going, so why would we want these guys facing a harder time and making our young guys feel even worse? I'm sure options were looked at here, and i'm sure that everyone was planning to be in the playoff picture, as per usual. So that being said, and as for the timing issue you have, well hindsight's 20/20 right. It's pretty easy for everyone to complain now about Timonen, go figure in philly.