HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia and Vancouver

Old
03-11-2013, 02:31 PM
LBCANUCK

vCash: 500
Philadelphia and Vancouver

Ok so I know this is going to get flamed but I think it addresses both teams needs. I mean there are a few things that would prevent such trade being as Kesler is injured. Briere is more of a rental and we would need to get rid of some cap next year to make this happen. Do you think the value is way off?

Flyers

Sean Couturier
Daniel Briere
1st

for

Canucks

Ryan Kesler
Cory Scheider

LBCANUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Prongo
Beer

We have to keep the Flyers 1st rounder out of any deals people. The team is extremely inconsistent, and has a 14% chance of making the playoffs. Also no to trading Couts. If you want Briere give us your first and we call it a day.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:35 PM
LBCANUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
We have to keep the Flyers 1st rounder out of any deals people. The team is extremely inconsistent, and has a 14% chance of making the playoffs. Also no to trading Couts. If you want Briere give us your first and we call it a day.
Well we wouldnt be able to fit him under the cap this year and especially not next. I would do it for luongo straight up at this point if you feel like buying out bryz haha

LBCANUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCANUCK View Post
Well we wouldnt be able to fit him under the cap this year and especially not next. I would do it for luongo straight up at this point if you feel like buying out bryz haha
Flyers don't need a goalie with the contract Luongo has. We need a young cheap goalie who can become the starter here. No thank you.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:41 PM
professorchaos

Please fill in the blank: Edler + 1st + Schroeder gets us Coburn + ?????? .

professorchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:44 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
I don't see why the Canucks would do that, Kesler is like what the Couturier fans hope Couturier becomes. It doesn't really solve the problem for us though of not having a #1 D but this would be a hard proposal to turn down if the Flyers had intentions to buy out Bryz

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:49 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCANUCK View Post
Ok so I know this is going to get flamed but I think it addresses both teams needs. I mean there are a few things that would prevent such trade being as Kesler is injured. Briere is more of a rental and we would need to get rid of some cap next year to make this happen. Do you think the value is way off?

Flyers

Sean Couturier
Daniel Briere
1st

for

Canucks

Ryan Kesler
Cory Scheider
The Flyers are incredibly strong down the middle, we have no need for Ryan Kesler and I certainly wouldn't want to pay the price you outlined here to get him. And we have no desire to trade our 1st round pick.

Also, if you want Couturier, we would like/need Edler coming back.

A fairly simple trade that might improve both teams would be Briere + 2nd for Schneider.

Beyond that, a bigger trade around Coburn, Couturier, Edler, and Schneider might work.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:51 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorchaos View Post
Please fill in the blank: Edler + 1st + Schroeder gets us Coburn + ?????? .
Replace the "1st + Schroeder" with "Schneider" and it gets you "Coburn + Couturier +"

Given the Flyers' depth at Center, I don't find Schroeder interesting @ all and the Nucks late 1st isn't enough to make me want to add Couturier. However, if you're solving the Flyers' two biggest problems, a puck-moving #1 defenseman (Edler) and an upper echelon young goalie on a medium-length contract with a good cap hit (Schneider), I'd definitely be willing to add Couturier and more.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:23 PM
professorchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Replace the "1st + Schroeder" with "Schneider" and it gets you "Coburn + Couturier +"

Given the Flyers' depth at Center, I don't find Schroeder interesting @ all and the Nucks late 1st isn't enough to make me want to add Couturier. However, if you're solving the Flyers' two biggest problems, a puck-moving #1 defenseman (Edler) and an upper echelon young goalie on a medium-length contract with a good cap hit (Schneider), I'd definitely be willing to add Couturier and more.
I was looking for more of a Talbot + Read or Laughton type deal (I would be willing to switch Shredder with a different prospect) but your offer is hard to say no to, as much as I like Schneider.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Flipping Couturier for Kesler makes zero sense for the Flyers all things considered. Even if it was straight up, it's really a pointless trade from a Philadelphia standpoint.

If anything, we're looking to trade a defensive center like Laughton for blueline help.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:46 PM
flyersguy33*

make the 1st a 2nd and you got yourself a deal. buyout that $5.7 million mistake and go from there

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

no way

Bgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:19 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

the only thing that truly interests me is something around Edler and Couturier

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:22 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I don't get it. Didn't you guys just sign Edler?

Why do you want to move him for Couturier?

It makes me suspicious. Honestly, to the point where I'm not considering Couturier for Edler without an explanation. Laughton's available.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Momesso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

It makes me suspicious. Honestly, to the point where I'm not considering Couturier for Edler without an explanation. Laughton's available.
Edler won't be dealt. He just took a discount to sign long-term.

He plays the toughest minutes on the team (along with Hamhuis, though not usually on the same pairing) and is just currently struggling.

The team has quit on AV (see recent comments by Sedin and Booth) and Edler has been a recent scapegoat.

Momesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:30 PM
blankall

Quote:

He's become a goat for the Canucks fan base.

The Canucks are having trouble scoring this year. Without Edler's offence, they will be in trouble.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:35 PM
LPH

Quote:

we have 5 defenseman being paid as top 4 guys, Edler is our second best, but also holds the most that could be traded to upgrade a much needed position. Also he is tradable until next year (Hamhuis and Bieksa and I'm pretty sure Garrison as well already have NTCs). Ballard would be the obvious choice to go, but he holds little value and although we are downgrading by theoretically replacing Edler for Ballard, you must realize how important having a centre like Couts would be to us. Also I am confident Tanev can make the jump into a full time top 4 position.

As of right now our centre depth is Henrik Sedin, Andrew Ebbett, Max Lapierre with one of our wingers coming in. We need someone who can play tough minutes and not thrust that upon an often injured Kesler as soon as he comes back. Although this deal is fairly unrealistic, this would be my deal for the Flyers, and I swear not an overreaction to his recent play (I have advocated for something like this for a while).

Old
03-11-2013, 05:42 PM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
He's become a goat for the Canucks fan base.

The Canucks are having trouble scoring this year. Without Edler's offence, they will be in trouble.
He has recently been a goat, but this deal is not because of Edler's recent struggles (that I am confident he can overcome) but rather trying to capatalize on an oppertunity to to improve our abysmal centre depth and as an aside, we are getting quite a bit of offense from Hamhuis and Bieksa this year.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:45 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Flyers don't need a goalie with the contract Luongo has. We need a young cheap goalie who can become the starter here. No thank you.
someone like Bobrovsky?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Edler >> Couturier and until something drastic changes there's absolutely no reason for us to do that.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:16 PM
PropJoe

Quote:
Flipping Couturier for Kesler makes zero sense for the Flyers all things considered. Even if it was straight up, it's really a pointless trade from a Philadelphia standpoint.

If anything, we're looking to trade a defensive center like Laughton for blueline help.
The point is you're getting the much better player. Man people overvalue Couturier. It's ridiculous.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:05 PM
DrDangles

Quote:

I don't understand this logic. Isn't Kesler the player you want Couturier to be when he grows up? For a team like Philly trying to compete, cutting years of development seems like a no-brainer. Not saying Vancouver would even consider a straight swap, just questioning your logic.

DrDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:06 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe View Post
The point is you're getting the much better player. Man people overvalue Couturier. It's ridiculous.
Current skill is just one variable in the equation to find a player value.

Better player doesn't necessary mean greater value.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDangles View Post
I don't understand this logic. Isn't Kesler the player you want Couturier to be when he grows up? For a team like Philly trying to compete, cutting years of development seems like a no-brainer. Not saying Vancouver would even consider a straight swap, just questioning your logic.
I would rather have a young Couturier growing up as a Kesler on my team, than a older Kesler declining to a nowhere the player he once was.

and for a team trying to compete now, i would rather have a player who can play now than an injured player out of the lineup.

Last edited by palindrom: 03-11-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old
03-11-2013, 07:12 PM
professorchaos

Quote:

How about Edler + 3rd for Coburn + Laughton?