HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
  #326
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=CoasttoCoast;61446899]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post

Should of, would of, could of
Everyone agrees head to head should be the tie breaker, but that doesn't mean it is the tie breaker.
Who knows for a fact, it is the tie breaker or Nepean's fifth.
What stat or tie-breaker would Nepean win in this case?

Wins - no
Head to Head - no
Regulation Wins - no

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:41 PM
  #327
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
That being said, pretty sure Nepean knew they were 5th as they rested a bunch of guys on Sunday.

Most likely a scheduling issue.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:20 PM
  #328
CoasttoCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=gusfring;61447507]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post

What stat or tie-breaker would Nepean win in this case?

Wins - no
Head to Head - no
Regulation Wins - no
Nepean has Plus minus
Jr. a fan, post #304, raised the question, that their was some debate about who is fourth. I was looking for answer from someone who knew for a fact. Pretty sure, should be, means you don't know.
Yes I saw the references to the schedule, still unclear.

CoasttoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
  #329
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 972
vCash: 500
Cornwall

Didn't notice this yesterday but Cornwall didn't dress 5 regulars against CP in their battle for second place. I guess they didn't want to play SF in the first round. They better hope it doesn't come back to haunt them. Remember CP last year?

ottawafan66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:22 PM
  #330
HockeyFan67
Registered User
 
HockeyFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Eastern,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Didn't notice this yesterday but Cornwall didn't dress 5 regulars against CP in their battle for second place. I guess they didn't want to play SF in the first round. They better hope it doesn't come back to haunt them. Remember CP last year?
They already had home ice advantage locked up,why not rest some players.

HockeyFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:18 PM
  #331
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan67 View Post
They already had home ice advantage locked up,why not rest some players.
That is fine for first round but it could cost them that advantage in the second round.

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:08 PM
  #332
BigBuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Didn't notice this yesterday but Cornwall didn't dress 5 regulars against CP in their battle for second place. I guess they didn't want to play SF in the first round. They better hope it doesn't come back to haunt them. Remember CP last year?
That's why I said they laid down against CP. I guess they think they would rather play Brockville in the 1st round and don't care about home ice against CP in the 2nd round.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:54 AM
  #333
upinarms
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Just off topic for a moment. It appears that the "Pay to Play" concept is a main topic in another forum that covers the OJHL. Once playoffs are over at least we will have something to discuss on here. As far as playoffs I am looking forward to good hockey and long series. Hopefully refs get together beforehand and get on the same page. I know that is too much to ask for.


http://www.network54.com/Forum/44151...o+Play+concept

upinarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:27 PM
  #334
toughguy73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Braves vs Colts

I think Brockville can beat Cornwall no problem.... but it is all going to depend on what Hawkins does. They have the talent, speed and strength, but will they be allowed to use it properly?
He has split the best lines he had all season.... when he was actually winning.... and now has everyone all over the place.
For the Braves to win this series, he better realize fast he needs to revery to those tlines that gave him all the wins. He used to have two offensive threat lines in 9-10-11 and 25-26-27.... and then they were split... three weeks left in season and now the change happens?
If the coaching staff goes with the lines he has played for three weeks now... they will be long gone by second round.... use the lines that got you here.

toughguy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:29 PM
  #335
oldnucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy73 View Post
I think Brockville can beat Cornwall no problem.... but it is all going to depend on what Hawkins does. They have the talent, speed and strength, but will they be allowed to use it properly?
He has split the best lines he had all season.... when he was actually winning.... and now has everyone all over the place.
For the Braves to win this series, he better realize fast he needs to revery to those tlines that gave him all the wins. He used to have two offensive threat lines in 9-10-11 and 25-26-27.... and then they were split... three weeks left in season and now the change happens?
If the coaching staff goes with the lines he has played for three weeks now... they will be long gone by second round.... use the lines that got you here.
If anything the change should have been made earlier so they would be used to each other by now. Shut down the Blasko line you win, hes trying to split them up so it will be harder to match...not saying it will work but Nepean has a similar strategy splitting up their top line.

oldnucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:44 PM
  #336
CoasttoCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Apparently the Nepean Sportsplex has told the Raiders to go elsewhere. Something to do with the womens's world championship games being held in early April, maybe.
Sensplex is the rumoured option. This is all hear-say. Don't know for sure.
Game 1 at Pembroke is now posted in schedule


Last edited by CoasttoCoast: 03-12-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: game 1
CoasttoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:46 PM
  #337
Kings87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
Apparently the Nepean Sportsplex has told the Raiders to go elsewhere. Something to do with the womens's world championship games being held in early April, maybe.
Sensplex is the rumoured option. This is all hear-say. Don't know for sure.
Game 1 at Pembroke is now posted in schedule
The Pointstreak playoff schedule now shows the first 3 games of PLK vs. Nepean series, with game 2 scheduled for the Sensplex Mattamy rink on Friday. That's unfortunate for Nepean to be kicked out of their home rink so soon, with the women's championships not until April.

Kings87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:19 PM
  #338
hardfacts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings87 View Post
The Pointstreak playoff schedule now shows the first 3 games of PLK vs. Nepean series, with game 2 scheduled for the Sensplex Mattamy rink on Friday. That's unfortunate for Nepean to be kicked out of their home rink so soon, with the women's championships not until April.
Here is my two cents worth.

Ottawa in 5....Hawks to tired to put up much of a fight...well, maybe fighting..but not hockey...
Pembroke in 6...Nepeans goaltending an issue..being kick out of their rink an issue..
Cornwall in 7....will be an old fashion western shootout....
CP in 7...but might not have any healthy players for rd two...going to be a war

hardfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:48 PM
  #339
CoasttoCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Here is my two cents worth.

Ottawa in 5....Hawks to tired to put up much of a fight...well, maybe fighting..but not hockey...
Pembroke in 6...Nepeans goaltending an issue..being kick out of their rink an issue..
Cornwall in 7....will be an old fashion western shootout....
CP in 7...but might not have any healthy players for rd two...going to be a war
Ottawa in 5...games will be close on scoreboard, not in shots
CPC in 6...CPC in 5 if their goaltending is great, SF left figuring out what went wrong
Cornwall in 6... Better at every position, but old rivalry keeps it closer
Nepean in 6... Finally they are the underdogs, Goalie rises from ashes, leads the way

CoasttoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:33 PM
  #340
hurricane11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 135
vCash: 500
Ottawa in 4- Hawks too undisciplined
Pembroke in 6- Raiders chemistry issues
Bears in 5- CPC will choke like usual in the playoffs
Cornwall in 7- Colts depth up front will be the difference

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:17 AM
  #341
Rangersfan21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
Ottawa in 4- Hawks too undisciplined
Pembroke in 6- Raiders chemistry issues
Bears in 5- CPC will choke like usual in the playoffs
Cornwall in 7- Colts depth up front will be the difference
Ottawa in 5
Nepean in 5
Bears in 7
Colts in 6

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:57 AM
  #342
cchlguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Ottawa in 5
Nepean in 5
Bears in 7
Colts in 6
Ottawa in 6
Nepean in 7
Brockville in 6
Bears in 5

cchlguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:29 AM
  #343
deckard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Hawksbury in 7
CP in 6
Corwall in 5
Nepean in 7

deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:01 AM
  #344
Jr A Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
FORGET the predictions.
I'm off to watch some great Jr. A HOCKEY.
The best coaching, team, and discipline will prevail, and maybe a bit of luck, not really.
Enjoy them while you can.

Jr A Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:19 AM
  #345
CanadiansGuy60
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Ottawa in 6
CP in 6
Colts in 5
PLK in 7

I know that it could be a looked at as a long stretch, but for some reason I think the 1 upset could be the Hawks....If their goalie gets hot, you never know. Obviously Ottawa is the better team, and I think they will win but that could be the one to watch fo an upset....that is just my gut feeling.

CanadiansGuy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:40 PM
  #346
Kings87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiansGuy60 View Post
Ottawa in 6
CP in 6
Colts in 5
PLK in 7

I know that it could be a looked at as a long stretch, but for some reason I think the 1 upset could be the Hawks....If their goalie gets hot, you never know. Obviously Ottawa is the better team, and I think they will win but that could be the one to watch fo an upset....that is just my gut feeling.
OJS in 5 ... Hawks had tough climb just to make playoffs and not enough depth to match OJS
CP in 6 ... they'll be hungry to avenge last year's disappointing playoff
Colts in 7 ... toss-up with both teams having strong 2nd halfs, but give Colts edge on offense
Nepean in 7 ... another toss-up, but PLK won't have same playoff magic without SK behind bench

Kings87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
  #347
BadgerKnight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 501
vCash: 500
Midget AAA Hockey

Starting Easter weekend on the Saturday, the Central Division of the Telus Cup, Midget AAA, tournament will be underway in Brockville. The Upper Canada Cylones are the host and there will be representative teams from Ontario's five hockey associations.

1 Day pass - 3 round robin games - $10 - Sold day of only - Cash at the door. Semifinals and finals days are $15.

http://www.2013centralmidgetaaa.com/...leagueID=21805

The winner of this tournament then represents Ontario at the national Telus Cup. High likelihood there will be players at this tournament that you will definitely see in the coming years playing in the OHL and our own CCHL.

BadgerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:48 PM
  #348
oldnucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
anyone at the cornwall game?

oldnucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:49 PM
  #349
HockeyFan67
Registered User
 
HockeyFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Eastern,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
5-2 final score for Cornwall...

Where was Pikul? Is he hurt?

It was all Brockville for the first 10 minutes of the game....after that Cornwall shut them down quite easily...Gonna be a quick series if Pikul does not play.

HockeyFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:25 PM
  #350
Colts Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country:
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
I attended the game and agree with Hockeyfan67. Brockville controlled the game for about 10 minutes, then the Cornwall speed and offense came alive. Talked to some Brockville fans who said Pikul was not injured just sick.

Colts Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.