Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part V

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 07:12 PM
AngelDuck

vCash: 500
I wonder who will play tomorrow. It's probably going to be two of McMillan/Maroon/DSP playing tomorrow

Old
03-11-2013, 07:22 PM
James Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I wonder who will play tomorrow. It's probably going to be two of McMillan/Maroon/DSP playing tomorrow
I would like to see this:

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Maroon-Holland-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-McMillan-DSP

assuming Bonino still has the flu

Last edited by James Franco: 03-11-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old
03-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Old Man Barking

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco View Post
I would like to see this:

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Maroon-Holland-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Selanne
Beleskey-McMillan-DSP

assuming Bonino still has the flu
Double shift Selanne?

Old
03-11-2013, 08:19 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
Double shift Selanne?
Probably meant Cogs, I bet it was just that natural instinct to put the Finn Twins together.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:29 PM
James Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
Probably meant Cogs, I bet it was just that natural instinct to put the Finn Twins together.
correct, i changed it. lots of bud burning going on today

Old
03-12-2013, 12:11 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Maroon deserves to play, if he does he is ineligible to be sent down, without clearing waivers right once he plays his next game? hope he's here for good

Old
03-12-2013, 12:36 AM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Maroon deserves to play, if he does he is ineligible to be sent down, without clearing waivers right once he plays his next game? hope he's here for good
I do believe so. Unless he is on a two way contract.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Yeah, Maroon is back for good if he plays - I can't imagine him making it through waivers again. Two of DSP, Etem and McMillan will be sent back down once Palmieri and Staubitz are healthy.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
I do believe so. Unless he is on a two way contract.
He's on a two way contract but I think it has something to do with either his age or games played. Can't remember. So this means he's probably here to stay probably. Can't imagine they believe he'd clear waivers.

This team desperately needs another 2nd line player. It can be a winger or center I don't care.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I've have actually repeatedly asked you for clarification. Your responses typically don't answer the question I've posed to you, leaving me to guess and ask if that's what you mean, which is then not actually answered in your next response. Perhaps you don't realize it but your answers can be rather vague with multiple possible interpretations.
You asked one question and I answered it, then you tried to turn it into a different argument instead of just admitting it was a misunderstanding. Maturity "fail"?

Quote:
This all started when you said "If we trade Perry, it will be to place he wants to go, not necessarily to a place that has the return we want." That's dogmatic and also sort of at odds with your second to last paragraph. If either Perry or the team he wants to go to won't play ball, he would more likely get traded to a team that would.
We were discussing sign and trades. You aren't placing that sentence into the context of the discussion. People were throwing out trade ideas that were clearly starting with the premise 'I want player X', but a sign and trade is going to start with where Perry is willing to sign.

Quote:
Regardless, it's all conjecture. There's an alternative nobody has considered yet for trading him though. Keep him for the playoffs then trade him around the draft. I believe the NHL opened a discussion window to all teams a week before free agency starts, so he'd be able to discuss with everyone, get the best offer, see if he will the Ducks want to match it, then trade him to that team if he won't or they won't. It may not be a huge haul, but the ability to get that 8th year for cap hit purposes would likely be worth at least a 1st, so they wouldn't be losing him for absolutely nothing. It also would open things up to every team rather than just playoff teams. Just a thought, and I'm not sure if its in action this year because its supposed to start the day after the draft but not later than 6/25, and the draft is 6/30 this year.
I agree.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:40 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
You asked one question and I answered it, then you tried to turn it into a different argument instead of just admitting it was a misunderstanding. Maturity "fail"?
Sounds familiar.

On topic, a Maroon-Holland-DSP line ought to be pretty damn physical if they can catch up to the puck. Might come in handy against quicksand teams like LA and the Blues.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
On topic, a Maroon-Holland-DSP line ought to be pretty damn physical if they can catch up to the puck. Might come in handy against quicksand teams like LA and the Blues.
I like the look of that line. If Pete can't hack it defensively, then send him down and bring up Wagner. He hits and is better at the dot.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

We were discussing sign and trades. You aren't placing that sentence into the context of the discussion. People were throwing out trade ideas that were clearly starting with the premise 'I want player X', but a sign and trade is going to start with where Perry is willing to sign.

As you didn't reference those specific requests, that was not clear to me. You could have simply stated that the first two times I asked you instead of saying "that's not what I said" each time. Plenty of fail to share out. Your turn to snipe again.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:50 AM
bumperkisser

if bonino's in then I hope maroon n DSP get the call tomorrow

Old
03-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
As you didn't reference those specific requests, that was not clear to me. You could have simply stated that the first two times I asked you instead of saying "that's not what I said" each time. Plenty of fail to share out. Your turn to snipe again.
I referenced them repeatedly. Remember how you were taken aback by my example of Krejci? Perhaps it was because it was referencing the post that was directly above the one you initially responded to. I think you just wandered into the discussion, read something out of context, and proceeded to argue - like you're still doing, now.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:58 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Sounds familiar.

The only problem I see here is that it then forces Bonino to play 2C, which he isn't very good at.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
I referenced them repeatedly. Remember how you were taken aback by my example of Krejci? Perhaps it was because it was referencing the post that was directly above the one you initially responded to. I think you just wandered into the discussion, read something out of context, and proceeded to argue - like you're still doing, now.
No, I'm actually just trying to explain my point of view. Not quite the same thing. And my initial post was actually a question asking you to explain your point of view, because it didn't make a lot of sense to me. Thanks for finally clearing that up.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:05 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
The only problem I see here is that it then forces Bonino to play 2C, which he isn't very good at.
It does force that, but I'm among the few that thinks ***** can succeed there.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:07 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
I think he could maybe do it given the right linemates, but ***** and Selanne aren't compatible at all. Man that didn't come out right.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Bonino to me seems suited for a 2b/3a role, but needs more of a cycling and/or slower paced line. He can't keep up with Selanne and Selanne can't hold the puck well enough in the zone by himself any more long enough for Bonino to catch up with him. Having Koivu on the team is probably stunting his development a bit because he would probably do well as a 3C, but he's not supplanting Koivu the way he's playing any time soon.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:15 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
I think he could maybe do it given the right linemates, but ***** and Selanne aren't compatible at all. Man that didn't come out right.
At this point who is compatible with Teemu? Even Ryan and Koivu were a coin flip whether he was going to have chemistry with them on a given night.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:18 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
I haven't even felt that Saku ever had great chemistry with him in Anaheim, at least the way they did on the national team. Andy Mac and Teemu-that was chemistry. I haven't felt that we've had that since.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:19 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
At this point who is compatible with Teemu? Even Ryan and Koivu were a coin flip whether he was going to have chemistry with them on a given night.
Palms is the one player on the team who has shown chemistry with everyone in the top 6. He's shown chemistry with Bobby, Perry, Getzlaf, and Teemu. We need him to come back. Maybe when he comes back we keep RPG together and put Palms with Selanne?

RPG
Palmieri-Holland-Selanne
WKC
Beleskey-*****-Maroon/Etem

I like the look of that a lot

Old
03-12-2013, 02:22 AM
Exit Dose

Was Holland so good with Teemu that we should force the issue? I only saw the third period of the Blues game, so maybe I'm just out of the loop.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:25 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Was Holland so good with Teemu that we should force the issue? I only saw the third period of the Blues game, so maybe I'm just out of the loop.
He wasn't great at all, and he still isn't ready to be a 2C, but I really don't think we have a better option, sadly

Closed Thread