HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I can't believe (Timonen)

Old
03-11-2013, 06:16 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
So that being said, and as for the timing issue you have, well hindsight's 20/20 right. It's pretty easy for everyone to complain now about Timonen, go figure in philly.
A lot of people (myself included) actually complained about the timing when the contract was signed. So there's no 20/20 hindsight coming from me. I'm simply stating the same view I had when that contract was signed. It was dumb to sign Timonen so early on in the season and you're seeing why right now.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:27 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
A lot of people (myself included) actually complained about the timing when the contract was signed. So there's no 20/20 hindsight coming from me. I'm simply stating the same view I had when that contract was signed. It was dumb to sign Timonen so early on in the season and you're seeing why right now.
agreed

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:04 PM
lancer247

Quote:
just seemed like a lot of cap space for a guy that can't get it done in his own zone like $6M dman should. It's great to see him putting up points but this team needs a steadying force on the backline.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:59 AM
cheesesteak

I don't agree that Timonen can't get it done in his own zone. Admittedly he's had more mistakes then usual on that side of the ice but he's still a pretty good defender most of the time. IMO he's well worth 6mil at this point in time. I just think this drop off is exaggerated because of a some defensive mistakes. Timonen has made a lot of good plays this season too, helping Luke develop, along with being a leader on this team. I don't see why'd you want him gone unless you want to be in the fight for a top 5 pick instead of a playoff spot and I think that should show how valuable he is.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:07 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
I don't really have an issue with the timing of it all, I just think it is too much money. I had assumed he was retiring after this year as it is, but figured if he came back it would be at a drastically reduced rate (like $3 million or thereabouts).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:11 AM
The Saw Is the Law

I'm thinking that he's one of the best players...

Arguably team MVP since 2007

I might be biased but damn Kime is good. His contract negotiations lasted 10 minutes so safe to say Holmgren agrees.

The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:00 AM
buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post

I might be biased but damn Kime is good. His contract negotiations lasted 10 minutes so safe to say Holmgren agrees.

Agree!! And a very important part of the team Power play success. I Like Timmonen is a good Veteran.

buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Breeze 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post

you're right...you're biased. So safe to say that you feel all our players under contract are making what they should for the amount of time that they got cause Homer signed them.....hmmm, interesting. Let's just say I don't agree.

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote