Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Jets fees

Old
03-09-2013, 10:05 AM
seasontixholder

vCash: 576
TSN Jets fees

Here's a question if anyone might be able to answer is. Before the lockout Bell Expressvu (Which I subscribe to) said they were going to charge for the Jets channel this year. But the lockout came and they offered it for free. Anyone know if they are going to charge for it next year? My contract is up and I am thinking on switching to Shaw Direct.

seasontixholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Scheifele55

vCash: 500
I strongly believe they will be charging next year. They have to pay to obtain the rights to show the channel so they would have to recoup that fee. Shaw also charges though.

Scheifele55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:27 AM
seasontixholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burmistrov08 View Post
I strongly believe they will be charging next year. They have to pay to obtain the rights to show the channel so they would have to recoup that fee. Shaw also charges though.
I'm a snowbird so I can't even get Bell down here now. With Shaw apparently you can still get the satellite down south. That's the main reason for the switch. But if I have to pay for the Jets channel on both it will make my decision easier. Just sucks having to switch providers after being with them for many years.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Scheifele55

Shaw is very solid although shAw direct is a different entity from the rest of shaw so u can't bundle

Scheifele55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:31 PM
seasontixholder

Quote:
Shaw is very solid although shAw direct is a different entity from the rest of shaw so u can't bundle

That's ok. No real reason to bundle. I'm not bundling my Bell with anything. Thanks for the info.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:16 PM
sting13

Quote:

Why would they have pay for the rights when Bell owns TSN and TSN Jets?

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:29 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting13 View Post
Why would they have pay for the rights when Bell owns TSN and TSN Jets?
Bell pays the Jets for the rights to show games locally. TSN Jets is the how they broadcast it. Bell recoups their money from advertising and channel subscriptions. Shaw and mts pay bell to have the channel available and in turn charges for it (a price bell sets) to recoup that and make a profit.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:05 PM
sting13

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Bell pays the Jets for the rights to show games locally. TSN Jets is the how they broadcast it. Bell recoups their money from advertising and channel subscriptions. Shaw and mts pay bell to have the channel available and in turn charges for it (a price bell sets) to recoup that and make a profit.

The poster I addressed stated that Bell has to pay the rights holder for the channel.
Bell owns the the TSN Jets channel. They don't have to pay themselves to air the channel.

Last edited by sting13: 03-12-2013 at 12:50 PM.
sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasontixholder View Post
I'm a snowbird so I can't even get Bell down here now. With Shaw apparently you can still get the satellite down south. That's the main reason for the switch. But if I have to pay for the Jets channel on both it will make my decision easier. Just sucks having to switch providers after being with them for many years.
might be cheaper to subscvribe to game center/center ice

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Roooski

I have looked into this before. You will only have to pay for TSN Jets if you do not have the Sports package that includes TSN. However, the packages have changed a few times and now I believe that you have to get the "Best" instead of "Better" package. I could be wrong on that as I have the old system of themes and both sports themes.

They keep trying to trick me into changing packages but I refuse as I get more channels through the old theme system for cheaper....although it is not much cheaper.

Roooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:57 PM
seasontixholder

We'll be coming home from our winter holiday soon and not coming back until December. The Bell contract is up around then so, I'll sure we'll all know by then if they will be charging us. Then at least Shaw Direct will let me bring my receiver down here to use it, unlike Bell.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Roooski

What do you mean Bell will not let you use the reciever down there? Do they block it or do you just not recieve the signal?

Old
03-11-2013, 06:03 PM
seasontixholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooski View Post
What do you mean Bell will not let you use the reciever down there? Do they block it or do you just not recieve the signal?
We called them to ask them a few years ago and they told us no, it is not allowed. But now we found out, even if we brought it, it wouldn't have worked anyways. They spot beamed the signal last year so we can't receive it. We called Shaw Direct about switching and that we have a home down here and they told us that we can take their receiver down here and they would sell us the needed dish and equipment to get it setup.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Roooski

I was unaware of that. I have a friend who has a bell dish on his RV and they travel all over with it and it works for them. However not sure if they use it in the States or they have just never mentioned it. I am curious now and will ask.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:42 PM
seasontixholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooski View Post
I was unaware of that. I have a friend who has a bell dish on his RV and they travel all over with it and it works for them. However not sure if they use it in the States or they have just never mentioned it. I am curious now and will ask.
Here's the webpage I was directed to. Doesn't get too far into the USA now. 82 Nimiq 4 and 91 Nimiq 6 is what I was told to look for.

http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?norad=33373