HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ticket Prices 2013-2014

View Poll Results: Are you renewing or buying season tickets at these prices?
Yes 45 54.22%
No 28 33.73%
Undecided 10 12.05%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 05:46 PM
  #26
BklyNYR4Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
When I got my season tickets before the 2004 lockout, I paid a reasonable $45 per seat for front row in the 300's. I pay $79 now in the 200's and can expect to pay $85+ next season?

One division championship and a few playoff rounds and my tickets have doubled in 8 years? **** off Dolan.

BklyNYR4Life is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 05:47 PM
  #27
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,538
vCash: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
listen man, put yourself in our shoes and it sucks.

my first year was 06-07 and the prices in the 400's were $26 each. i was a senior in high school at the time and had a summer job to pay for my seats. same thing the first 2 years of college. i went to sacred heart in ct and drove down to most of the games.

now we're at $50 bucks, probably $55 next year. When's it going to end? Out of the 24 games this year at home i'll probably be at 10. I used to go to 35-40 games per season.

the gardens not the same, not the same type of fan, and they're pricing most of the loyal fans out. all in all it sucks as a fan. however, msg's goal is to make money and as several other posters have said here, until they can't sell out, they have to do what they have to do to continually increase revenues. from a purely business standpoint i agree with it.

at what point does the bubble burst and when will the market be unable to sustain the price increases? everyone is seeing whats going on in the bronx with the yankees. you'd think MSG would realize it
Of course it sucks. I never said it doesn't. I'm just saying that it's unfair to say they're "pricing out the die-hard fans." Those die-hard fans are just going to be replaced with wealthier die-hard fans.

__________________
Kane One is online now  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:04 PM
  #28
MGF0723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
The Devils and Islanders both have very reasonable prices for tickets, even on the secondary market. I think I know where I'll be going to watch the Rangers next year, haha.

MGF0723 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:06 PM
  #29
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
I hate this team.

BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:11 PM
  #30
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,484
vCash: 500
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This isn't a spam post. It's really just $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Renovation is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

they can make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

NYR fanbase has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$ is cool

Money.

With the reno and the success we're projected to have with our line up, you'd be crazy to think Dolan doesn't up the prices.

Cresto is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM
  #31
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,046
vCash: 500
Took my g/f to her first Ranger game this year, my first in a long time. Shame we'll be lucky to be able to afford it a few times a year at best. We're far from poor too, which is the sad part.

Wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

__________________
Ail is online now  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:31 PM
  #32
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,168
vCash: 500
Was at the Buffalo game last week. After the 1st period a Sabres fan sitting in front of me turned around and asked me, in all seriousness, what was wrong with our building and why it was so dead. I couldn't even argue with her because she was spot on.

A lot of people on here better hope this team doesn't win a Cup anytime soon or none of us will ever be able to go to a game again.

StaalWars is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:36 PM
  #33
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
When I got my season tickets before the 2004 lockout, I paid a reasonable $45 per seat for front row in the 300's. I pay $79 now in the 200's and can expect to pay $85+ next season?

One division championship and a few playoff rounds and my tickets have doubled in 8 years? **** off Dolan.
I am in the same price point, has $85+ even been confirmed? Those $53 seats are starting to look really attractive now. Hell, put me in the $30 blue seats for all I care.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:44 PM
  #34
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I hate this team.
Many fans might feel this way but what are the Rangers going to do? They are a business and their goal is to make money. With a 4% ticket increase they will still sell out every game next year. I am a STH and am not happy with any increase but considering the fact that the team is very good I can live with 4%. I just wish they went back to offering more partial plans as a 10 game plan would be perfect for me

Giacomin is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:44 PM
  #35
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
Curious about the pricing points. Last years release for this years prices had the Rangers at 23 pricing points while this year is at 26. The bridges will make up at least one more pricing point and I don't know if the Budweiser fan deck will be the same price as the West Balcony if there's seats on there.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:45 PM
  #36
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
I am in the same price point, has $85+ even been confirmed? Those $53 seats are starting to look really attractive now. Hell, put me in the $30 blue seats for all I care.
4% increase would put the $79 at about $82 but who knows how much each area is increasing. For all we know the lower bowl may not increase at all since they're tougher to move while the upper bowl seats are the ones that get hit with a hard price increase.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:54 PM
  #37
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,870
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
The Devils and Islanders both have very reasonable prices for tickets, even on the secondary market. I think I know where I'll be going to watch the Rangers next year, haha.
Because they don't even sell out most games

__________________
Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:54 PM
  #38
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
Was at the Buffalo game last week. After the 1st period a Sabres fan sitting in front of me turned around and asked me, in all seriousness, what was wrong with our building and why it was so dead. I couldn't even argue with her because she was spot on.

A lot of people on here better hope this team doesn't win a Cup anytime soon or none of us will ever be able to go to a game again.
When the rangers scored in overtime at Nassau coliseum, the building was louder than MSG has been all this year.

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 06:58 PM
  #39
Blueshirt67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
4% means my 6000 season tickets go to 6240. Can't really complain, the team is competitive, they've made a huge investment in the building even though some don't like it, they brought in Nash. I still wont have to buy pre-season games, that will save me somewhere around $450.00. There is demand for these tickets and the Rangers recognize this. Has anyone has any difficulty selling $73-$78 games for profit this year? Will that change when it is $76-$82? Last year, my tickets went from $59 to $73 each, thats 24%. I'll be happy if its only a 4% increase. If the money becomes an issue, I'll just go to less games.

Blueshirt67 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:03 PM
  #40
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,484
vCash: 500
solution: Don't buy anything food or drinks.

If you already spend $0 at the games, steal something from concession, in the washroom or just anywhere in MSG. Those urinal cakes may not cost much but it'll send a message...

Cresto is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:16 PM
  #41
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
When the rangers scored in overtime at Nassau coliseum, the building was louder than MSG has been all this year.
Exactly and that's because all of the die hards go there knowing they can get a cheaper ticket. Die hard fans gathered in one place = good times.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:22 PM
  #42
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
I'm an ex-season ticket holder and I went to my first game of this season last week and I must say I've been to libraries louder than the new MSG. The real fan is officially priced out of the building and the garden atmosphere is gone. It really isn't worth the money any more and from now on I'll be watching every game from my couch. Thanks Dolan!

McMonster is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:31 PM
  #43
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMonster View Post
I'm an ex-season ticket holder and I went to my first game of this season last week and I must say I've been to libraries louder than the new MSG. The real fan is officially priced out of the building and the garden atmosphere is gone. It really isn't worth the money any more and from now on I'll be watching every game from my couch. Thanks Dolan!
Agree. I might actually not renew next year. Games just aren't fun anymore.

BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:40 PM
  #44
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
^gave mine up last year and do not regret it one bit. Certainly not worth the 100s of dollars each game, the 2 hours in traffic, the moron armchair GM sitting next to you who doesnt shut up for a second, the 9 dollar chicken fingers, etc... the list goes on and on.

McMonster is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:42 PM
  #45
Tikkanese
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
I agree with all the current/former STHs who are complaining it's not fun anymore. I've had my tickets for 11 years now, and between the higher costs and worse atmosphere (not to mention the renovations, which I do not really think were a net benefit), it's becoming increasingly hard to justify. I think they really miscalculated what the renovation would do for the organization and now they're heading toward a downward spiral of jacking up ticket prices to recoup the renovation costs and contrinuing to drive buyers away. If the Rangers miss the playoffs, I can only imagine what will happen to the STH base.

Tikkanese is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
  #46
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanese View Post
I agree with all the current/former STHs who are complaining it's not fun anymore. I've had my tickets for 11 years now, and between the higher costs and worse atmosphere (not to mention the renovations, which I do not really think were a net benefit), it's becoming increasingly hard to justify. I think they really miscalculated what the renovation would do for the organization and now they're heading toward a downward spiral of jacking up ticket prices to recoup the renovation costs and contrinuing to drive buyers away. If the Rangers miss the playoffs, I can only imagine what will happen to the STH base.
The STH base will always be there. If I give up my 50.00 seats next year, there are probably thousands of people who will gobble them up in a second.

BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:48 PM
  #47
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,722
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
4% means my 6000 season tickets go to 6240. Can't really complain, the team is competitive, they've made a huge investment in the building even though some don't like it, they brought in Nash. I still wont have to buy pre-season games, that will save me somewhere around $450.00. There is demand for these tickets and the Rangers recognize this. Has anyone has any difficulty selling $73-$78 games for profit this year? Will that change when it is $76-$82? Last year, my tickets went from $59 to $73 each, thats 24%. I'll be happy if its only a 4% increase. If the money becomes an issue, I'll just go to less games.
Devil is in the detail. Everyone knows the lower bowl is over extended, so let's say 75% of ticket revenue is in the lower bowl. If they hold those prices constant, that means a 4% average increase could really mean a 12% increase for you (+$720)

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:54 PM
  #48
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Devil is in the detail. Everyone knows the lower bowl is over extended, so let's say 75% of ticket revenue is in the lower bowl. If they hold those prices constant, that means a 4% average increase could really mean a 12% increase for you (+$720)
Yup, they know the upper bowl seats are still selling well on the secondary market. I'm expecting my 50 dollar seats to go to 55-56.

17futurecap is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 08:09 PM
  #49
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Because they don't even sell out most games
the devils have sold out all but 1 game this year. i went to the game last night and it was in fact a true sell out.

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 08:19 PM
  #50
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Devil is in the detail. Everyone knows the lower bowl is over extended, so let's say 75% of ticket revenue is in the lower bowl. If they hold those prices constant, that means a 4% average increase could really mean a 12% increase for you (+$720)
Bingo! I expect the same. They will close the price gap between lower and upper bowls. They will close the gap between row 1 and row 2. They have data on what price points are selling above face on the secondary market and will raise prices to transfer that wealth.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.