HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
I didn't know where to post this. I don't usually remember my dreams but this one was so funny and striking I couldn't forget it..

I saw that Ed Jovanovski was making an announcement for the PA saying along the lines "time to pop out the champagne, the lockout is over" ok that's nothing but he had tattooed Mike Tyson like face tattoo on both sides of his face and they were gold flaked not black Talk about a new years eve "nightmare"

Old
01-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Wow, a hundred mornings later, time really flies.

Been waay too long since I've talked to you guys, hope you're all doing well.
Let's get wasted? TJ3!?

Old
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Let's get wasted? TJ3!?
Two, in about 10 hours one. Got my civil clothes ready to go.

Having a "small" party on Friday to celebrate my release.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Is anyone else going to watch this new series called "Double Divas" on Lifetime? I know, at first I was going to ignore it myself when I saw the title of it and the network it was on. But then I saw the preview, perked my interest.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
p9ers

Anyone in the Toronto area would like to meet up to watch the first game of the Panthers?

Old
01-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Hello fellow Panther fans!

So, we just moved to Kissimmee. I guess we'll be going to the Lightning games more often now.

Quick question for those of you who live up here: I'm going to go to the Ice Factory some time next week to try and get my boys in on the travel practices (can't join the team until the fall due to busy/hectic schedule). How is the facility there? Organized?

Old
01-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Offdapost*
Tetrodotoxin!

18 day bump

Old
01-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Offdapost*
Tetrodotoxin!

get this lounge active it needs activity

Old
01-29-2013, 12:31 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Just read this book, Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazzil. AMAZING!

Rumor has it that Leo DeCaprio is going to produce/star in this! Should be a great action movie.

Here is the amazon.com description:

"Dr. Peter Brown is an intern at Manhattan's worst hospital, with a talent for medicine, a shift from hell, and a past he'd prefer to keep hidden. Whether it's a blocked circumflex artery or a plan to land a massive malpractice suit, he knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.

Pietro "Bearclaw" Brnwna is a hitman for the mob, with a genius for violence, a well-earned fear of sharks, and an overly close relationship with the Federal Witness Relocation Program. More likely to leave a trail of dead gangsters than a molecule of evidence, he's the last person you want to see in your hospital room.

Nicholas LoBrutto, aka Eddy Squillante, is Dr. Brown's new patient, with three months to live and a very strange idea: that Peter Brown and Pietro Brnwa might-just might-be the same person ...

Now, with the mob, the government, and death itself descending on the hospital, Peter has to buy time and do whatever it takes to keep his patients, himself, and his last shot at redemption alive. To get through the next eight hours-and somehow beat the reaper. "

If you like a good short read (307 pages) than this is the book for you. Enjoy!

Old
01-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Offdapost*
Tetrodotoxin!

sounds like a good read

Old
01-29-2013, 04:15 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offdapost View Post
sounds like a good read
Totally recommend. I just found there is a sequal, called "Wild Thing". Picking it up from the library tomorrow. Can't wait.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:33 PM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

In about one and half months is the scheduled release of God of War: Ascension, and I've been thinking of buying the vol. II collection for a while now before the new one is released, as it's the only missing from me if you don't count the new one. How ever, since I haven't got time to play a lot during the last 6 months, I still have the Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy uncompleted (1st is at the last mission, 2nd is about 3/4 through and haven't even started the 3rd) that I bought a few days prior stepping to service.

I could just buy a new game, but as long as I've had a gaming console, I've never bought a new game until I've at least beaten the main storyline (usually thou the whole game) on the previous one.

And now I'm not even sure what to get, since I tried demos of Uncharted 1&2 last week and while a very limited taste of the game, I really liked that series.

Soupy with #firstworldproblems right here.

I know one of the Booooth's (the one that has my PSN) has played Uncharted, would you recommend getting the whole series?

Old
02-20-2013, 03:47 PM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

Grats on becoming a mod Offdapost.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Who's offdapost? Name change?

Old
02-25-2013, 07:33 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

First off, Mogo, I like the avatar change

Next off, I have finally returned from Jamaica after almost a week and a half. What an amazing place. So beautiful and fun, simply relaxing to the max.

I do apologize for leaving. I feel like all the L's during this time can be chalked up to my absence. The only thing I would do in the mornings was watch the ticker on ESPN Sportscenter in the morning to check hockey scores. After that, TV was off and no internet.

Went to Rick's Cafe, which is voted a top 10 bar in the world. Its on cliffs at the tip of Negril, and people are aloud to jump off into the ocean. The highest point they would let tourist jump is from 40ft, and the pro Jamaican jumpers went from 75ft. Needless to say I jumped off as soon as I got there, before I got into some drinks.

Awesome time and I can't wait to go back. Just heard last night my cousin is getting married next winter in Negril where we just were. Very excited!

Old
02-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Adamg0013

is anyone good at Photoshop. if they are can they photoshop this pic so it Allen in a Heat jersey

Old
03-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Meet our newest baby, Astrid. She's a German Giant Bearded Dragon, and she is the sweetest girl! She recently had a shed, and her colors are a vibrant orange now (pictured doesn't do her justice).

Old
03-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

I gotta give props to the Lightning organization.

The whole time we lived in SW Florida, the Panthers NEVER came to our area and hosted hockey clinics for the kids. Not one time.

On Sunday, my boys attended a FREE clinic put on by the Lightning organization. Due to traffic, they arrived late, and today we received an email stating that they were going to be returning to the rink so that the kids could have a full hour with them (the kids ended up with only 10-15 minutes because it was time for the teenagers to take the ice).

I'm pretty impressed with their organization.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Inquisition13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post

The whole time we lived in SW Florida, the Panthers NEVER came to our area and hosted hockey clinics for the kids. Not one time.

On Sunday, my boys attended a FREE clinic put on by the Lightning organization. Due to traffic, they arrived late, and today we received an email stating that they were going to be returning to the rink so that the kids could have a full hour with them (the kids ended up with only 10-15 minutes because it was time for the teenagers to take the ice).

That IS awesome. The Lightning do have an extremely well-run organization. To be honest, I know it's not generally advised, but I do root for Tampa Bay whenever they're not playing the Panthers.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:41 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post

That really is absolutely awesome. As much as I completely despise the Lightning, they honestly are a first class organization on many accounts and put the Panthers to shame. I'm also impressed that they ventured outside of the Tampa Bay area to the Orlando area to support fans out that way. Was this at the Ice Factory?

Old
03-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
That really is absolutely awesome. As much as I completely despise the Lightning, they honestly are a first class organization on many accounts and put the Panthers to shame. I'm also impressed that they ventured outside of the Tampa Bay area to the Orlando area to support fans out that way. Was this at the Ice Factory?
Yes.

They gave all of the kids free jerseys (I have new rags to wash my car with ), an autographed picture of Jason Cullimore (I think that was the spelling), and trading card of Brian Bradley.

Tom, one of the Lightning coaches, was razzing one of my boys (he chose to wear his Panthers jersey to the clinic). He told him, "It's a good thing we brought you a good jersey you can wear. You won't have to wear that Panthers' jersey anymore." My kid was pretty excited about the whole thing and informed me on the way home that the "Lightning isn't that bad".

Old
03-15-2013, 06:12 PM
p9ers

Are the Panthers the Browns of the NHL?

Old
03-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Inquisition13

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Are the Panthers the Browns of the NHL?
No. Because the Browns actually have an ownership that will dole out some money for players.

And the Browns have nothing...NOTHING...on the level that is Michael Yormark.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:27 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

The Walking Dead season finale....disappointing.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Moving back to Boca this weekend. Bout time.