HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Metro Seattle: NHL, NBA and Arena - Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Lots of news from stern. 2 big points

1. Sactown offer not enough

2. Meeting to discuss sale on April 3rd. Looks like stern wants to get a move on it
I thought I heard them say on the news here that April 3rd is the date the NBA wants Sacramento to have their deal done and accepted by Stern's standards. I'm not quite sure, though.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:48 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
I thought I heard them say on the news here that April 3rd is the date the NBA wants Sacramento to have their deal done and accepted by Stern's standards. I'm not quite sure, though.
Yes. Stern has given sacramento till apirl 3rd to increase their offer.

Old
03-10-2013, 12:22 AM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstommylee View Post
apparently according to KJR mich its ~100m off.
Yikes. Kj is going to try and include the city loan repay off, but what do the other owners care about that

Old
03-11-2013, 12:38 PM
gstommylee

KJR mitch was talking about the offer and he says that its 100m off on the 65% offer not the 525m full offer. So we are looking at 384m offer for value of the team. Ouch talk about undermining the value of the team for the rest of the minority owners.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:44 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstommylee View Post
KJR mitch was talking about the offer and he says that its 100m off on the 65% offer not the 525m full offer. So we are looking at 384m offer for value of the team. Ouch talk about undermining the value of the team for the rest of the minority owners.
25% less valuation of the franchise. This doesn't include relocation fee either so that is additional monies the Owners lose out on.

Yeah. We got this.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:20 PM
gstommylee

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr
Just got word that Chris Hansen will be making an announcement at 5pm on http://Sonicsarena.com . Dont know what it is..we’ll find out soon

Old
03-11-2013, 07:46 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Huge! Hansen only speaks when he has news

Old
03-11-2013, 07:49 PM
snovalleyhockeyfan

I am there now, and will be awaiting the announcement. As soon as it's up I'll have it here if it's anything newsworthy. One just hopes it has to do with the Longshoremen's lawsuit.....

http://www.sonicsarena.com/

Old
03-11-2013, 07:57 PM
snovalleyhockeyfan

Is Hansen following the Balsillie script?

Well, it looks like Chris Daniels beat everyone to the punch on this:

http://www.king5.com/sports/sonics/H...197229971.html

And SD, you are right, it is huge. Hansen is announcing what is known as a "Priority Ticket Waitlist" for people to sign up for on the Sonics Arena website if they want to buy tickets for a possible NBA team this winter (2013/14 season). Sounds a lot like the Make it Seven bit from Jim Balsillie when he tried to move the Predators to Hamilton. Daniels' Twitter is buzzing to no end at the moment BTW.

OK, so there it is, any thoughts, folks??

Old
03-11-2013, 08:01 PM
gstommylee

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/soni...icket-waitlist

Old
03-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Acesolid
The Illusive Bettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovalleyhockeyfan View Post
Well, it looks like Chris Daniels beat everyone to the punch on this:

http://www.king5.com/sports/sonics/H...197229971.html

And SD, you are right, it is huge. Hansen is announcing what is known as a "Priority Ticket Waitlist" for people to sign up for on the Sonics Arena website if they want to buy tickets for a possible NBA team this winter (2013/14 season). Sounds a lot like the Make it Seven bit from Jim Balsillie when he tried to move the Predators to Hamilton. Daniels' Twitter is buzzing to no end at the moment BTW.

OK, so there it is, any thoughts, folks??
What? That seems a little premature! What is he thinking?!!

If this ends in disaster like it did for Jim Balsillie, that'd quite possibly be the craziest thing ever. And Seattle might soon have some of the most heartbroken fans ever!

Old
03-11-2013, 08:02 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Lol sactown fans are flipping out

Old
03-11-2013, 08:04 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesolid View Post

If this ends in disaster like it did for Jim Balsillie, that'd quite possibly be the craziest thing ever. And Seattle might soon have some of the most heartbroken fans ever!
Needs to start the process now I'm guessing, sort of like blocking out nba dates last month at key arena

Old
03-11-2013, 08:05 PM
snovalleyhockeyfan

Quote:

Well, I'm guessing he's going to probably use this at the NBA BoG. But considering some of the latest developments from down there (Stern's comments from Friday), it seems as if Hansen will be in good position to get this done. But you're right, there is a bit of a risk to this, but I'll ask all of the Quebec boosters this: if it came to it, do you think PKP would do something similar if he felt it might help him with the NHL's BoG?

Old
03-11-2013, 08:07 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sonicsarena

March 14th 10am

Old
03-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Acesolid
The Illusive Bettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Needs to start the process now I'm guessing, sort of like blocking out nba dates last month at key arena
But that's still crazy since the Kings are still playing, and the NBA owners haven't agreed on a sale yet.

Reserving dates makes sense, selling tickets is nuts. I just hope he knows what he's doing, because that sounds like a serious insult to everyone in the Sacramento organisation.

But who knows. The NBA really wants the relocation to happen, so maybe they'll let it slide, unlike the NHL when Balsillie did the exact same thing in Hamilton.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:10 PM
gstommylee

Quote:
But that's still crazy since the Kings are still playing, and the NBA owners haven't agreed on a sale yet.

Reserving dates makes sense, selling tickets is nuts. I just hope he knows what he's doing, because that sounds like a serious insult to everyone in the Sacramento organisation.

But who knows. The NBA really wants the relocation to happen, so maybe they'll let it slide, unlike the NHL when Balsillie did the exact same thing in Hamilton.
I believe Hansen wants to show to the BOG that he has local community support.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:13 PM
snovalleyhockeyfan

Quote:

Well, one could make that argument, but the counter would be the "Here We Buy" deal the Sacramento boosters recently did for a game down there.

Frankly, what I think Hansen is doing here is gauging the actual interest for a team. This will be interesting to see how this goes. If the NBA/Stern get p'd, too bad. They have a low offer from Sacramento and probably not a very good chance of it being worth anything looking at unless Kehriotis and Mastrov join forces as opposed to going their own separate ways with bids. So the league, even if they wanted to be upset, probably won't be able to do anything about it in the end because Sacramento at the moment it seems is not giving them a good enough reason to stay.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Mightygoose
I Am Groot

Quote:

Don't think it's too premature. I see it more along the lines of TSNE rather than Basillie.

It seems the NBA is already giving its blessing to Seattle, at least the bid. Mr. Basillie's bid(s) kind of came out of left field as far the the league was concerned.

Also this comes off the heels of Stern saying the Mastrov bid is not comparable, plus add in season tix sales in Seattle in hand. It's tipping more in more in the emerald city's favour more and more.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Acesolid
The Illusive Bettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovalleyhockeyfan View Post
Well, one could make that argument, but the counter would be the "Here We Buy" deal the Sacramento boosters recently did for a game down there.

Frankly, what I think Hansen is doing here is gauging the actual interest for a team. This will be interesting to see how this goes. If the NBA/Stern get p'd, too bad. They have a low offer from Sacramento and probably not a very good chance of it being worth anything looking at unless Kehriotis and Mastrov join forces as opposed to going their own separate ways with bids. So the league, even if they wanted to be upset, probably won't be able to do anything about it in the end because Sacramento at the moment it seems is not giving them a good enough reason to stay.
You really think the NBA hasn't got the upper end and that stern is a weakling? That they'll do everything Hansen tells them simply because he's rich? Seriously?

You can have all the money in the world, if the other owners and/or the commissioner dont want you in their private little club, it's game over for you! (see Balsilie)

Old
03-11-2013, 08:51 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Multiple ticket package options

Old
03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
You really think the NBA hasn't got the upper end and that stern is a weakling? That they'll do everything Hansen tells them simply because he's rich? Seriously?

You can have all the money in the world, if the other owners and/or the commissioner dont want you in their private little club, it's game over for you! (see Balsilie)

Uhh the owners want Hansen/balmer in the club, and they are going to increase the other owners pocket books

Old
03-11-2013, 10:00 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Certainly kind of premature, and I do agree that it is in poor taste, but that being said I doubt it's an apt comparison to bring up Balsillie. He just constantly was trying to egg on the public to put pressure on Bettman to back him bringing a team to Hamilton, while that hasn't been the case with Seattle. Think this is just a sign of what I and others have been saying for a while, that this is effectively a done deal.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Nuclear SUV

If you think Hansen/Ballmer did this without the blessing of NBA higher-ups, you are being foolish.

The NBA is coming to Seattle, and it is time to start getting the season ticket list in shape.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:47 PM
superdeluxe
Seattle SuperSonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Certainly kind of premature, and I do agree that it is in poor taste
Hansen is a hedge fund manager, one of his jobs is to mitigate and manage risk, do you really think he would do this to spite fans or another city?

Closed Thread