HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is this Cloutier Character?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 07:00 PM
  #1
KlimasLoveChild
Registered User
 
KlimasLoveChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Toilet of Canada
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Who is this Cloutier Character?

I've been reading this hockey buzz columnist for a while now. I'd have to say he does have the odd moment but for the most part its hard to read. How are these bloggers looked at by main stream media? Does this guy actually have any sources or he he sitting in his basement making stuff up? I'd like to give him some advice but I refuse to pay for a membership. I'd have to say I've read a number of posts on this site which are superior to the work he is doing over there. Can somebody please take his job!!! Thank you for your time. l

KlimasLoveChild is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:06 PM
  #2
Shanahanigans
Registered User
 
Shanahanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlimasLoveChild View Post
I've been reading this hockey buzz columnist for a while now. I'd have to say he does have the odd moment but for the most part its hard to read. How are these bloggers looked at by main stream media? Does this guy actually have any sources or he he sitting in his basement making stuff up? I'd like to give him some advice but I refuse to pay for a membership. I'd have to say I've read a number of posts on this site which are superior to the work he is doing over there. Can somebody please take his job!!! Thank you for your time. l
There's your problem.

Shanahanigans is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:08 PM
  #3
KlimasLoveChild
Registered User
 
KlimasLoveChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Toilet of Canada
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
There's your problem.
Haha... good point.

KlimasLoveChild is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
  #4
ChadSC
SportingCharts
 
ChadSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlimasLoveChild View Post
Does this guy actually have any sources or he he sitting in his basement making stuff up?
Yes, he makes things up. He is not an insider. The Oilers are a very tight lipped organization - they aren't whispering into the ear of this guy.

ChadSC is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:10 PM
  #5
oilphan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
I agree...he is horrible. Any Oiler writer would have good readership numbers on that site. I read him sometimes just because I am starved for Oiler content.

oilphan is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:59 PM
  #6
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,513
vCash: 50
He's just some dude from Lac La Biche, think he works at the college there. I've actually met his mom a couple of times when I used to work at the casino here in Fort Mac, she used to come up and volunteer with a group from down there, I used to work quite a bit with the volunteers, she was a pretty cool older lady.

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 08:33 PM
  #7
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 54,955
vCash: 50
without starting a flame war with those who like HockeyBuzz, while some blogggers on there do actually have legit contracts-- so far Cloutier looks to be a guy trying to break into the media using HB as a stepping stone

jumptheshark is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:25 PM
  #8
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,588
vCash: 500
I agree... collectively here, HFoil are a better source of rumours and proposals. At least when we make ridiculous, impossible proposals we have the rest of the board to cut us down and tell us we are full of crap and put some logic back into the ideas.

That Hockey Buzz crap just keeps spewing out the feces unfettered by any logic or reasoning.

nexttothemoon is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:35 PM
  #9
Doppler Drift
Registered User
 
Doppler Drift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I agree... collectively here, HFoil are a better source of rumours and proposals. At least when we make ridiculous, impossible proposals we have the rest of the board to cut us down and tell us we are full of crap and put some logic back into the ideas.

That Hockey Buzz crap just keeps spewing out the feces unfettered by any logic or reasoning.
Your last sentence describes Sun Media to a T.

Doppler Drift is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:39 PM
  #10
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
I have been reading his articles for a while and I like them. I know he has no contacts but I do like what he writes about. I give him props.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:44 PM
  #11
HotToddy
Registered User
 
HotToddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 3,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
He's just some dude from Lac La Biche, think he works at the college there. I've actually met his mom a couple of times when I used to work at the casino here in Fort Mac, she used to come up and volunteer with a group from down there, I used to work quite a bit with the volunteers, she was a pretty cool older lady.
Worst HF story ever

HotToddy is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:45 PM
  #12
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit
 
dustrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,627
vCash: 500
I actually don't mind Cloutier, and most of the time his blog reads like an HF post anyway.

He doesn't claim to me anything more than an Oilers fan so already he's got a leg up on Eklund.

Some of the guys that post on his site are pretty decent. But I'll read pretty much anything

dustrock is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 11:10 PM
  #13
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,588
vCash: 500
Admittedly my views are poisoned by Eklund on that site... his **** poisons it all for me to the point of not even wanting to read anything there.

nexttothemoon is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 11:34 PM
  #14
Flyersandoilers1239
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
You guys do realize he doesnt claim to be an insider or anything and doesnt try and start rumors or anything..his blogs are his opinion of what should happen within the oilers...he will change his mind sometimes 2-4 blogs later...give the guy a break, hes like everyone of us shooting our mouths off with what the oilers should do, he actually has a pretty good grasp on whats going on and what needs to be done with the team

again he doesnt claim to be nothing more than what he is.. a blogger and an oilers fan
he has fun with his blogs and likes to propose outrageous stuff to see the reactions of his readers and oilers fans,for not being a journalist or writer or even part of the media he does a pretty good job doing his blogs with no sources and insiders


Flyersandoilers1239 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:26 AM
  #15
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersandoilers1239 View Post
You guys do realize he doesnt claim to be an insider or anything and doesnt try and start rumors or anything..his blogs are his opinion of what should happen within the oilers...he will change his mind sometimes 2-4 blogs later...give the guy a break, hes like everyone of us shooting our mouths off with what the oilers should do, he actually has a pretty good grasp on whats going on and what needs to be done with the team

again he doesnt claim to be nothing more than what he is.. a blogger and an oilers fan
he has fun with his blogs and likes to propose outrageous stuff to see the reactions of his readers and oilers fans,for not being a journalist or writer or even part of the media he does a pretty good job doing his blogs with no sources and insiders

Welcome to the boards Cloutier!

SeriousBusiness is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:40 AM
  #16
KlimasLoveChild
Registered User
 
KlimasLoveChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Toilet of Canada
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersandoilers1239 View Post
You guys do realize he doesnt claim to be an insider or anything and doesnt try and start rumors or anything..his blogs are his opinion of what should happen within the oilers...he will change his mind sometimes 2-4 blogs later...give the guy a break, hes like everyone of us shooting our mouths off with what the oilers should do, he actually has a pretty good grasp on whats going on and what needs to be done with the team

again he doesnt claim to be nothing more than what he is.. a blogger and an oilers fan
he has fun with his blogs and likes to propose outrageous stuff to see the reactions of his readers and oilers fans,for not being a journalist or writer or even part of the media he does a pretty good job doing his blogs with no sources and insiders


Hey Cloutier,

Thanks for coming out. If that is you can you do me a favor and proof read your articles before you post them. Some how I don't see yak being the second line center for the next ten years. Just saying.....

KlimasLoveChild is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:40 AM
  #17
Flyersandoilers1239
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Im definitely not cloutier...i just read his blogs all the time
and its ridiculous that you all rip into him, when you all do the same thing on these boards as to what he does in his blogs

Flyersandoilers1239 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:48 AM
  #18
khandom09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Richard Cloutier is like Magicarp.

Ok, if he was a gm he would be Garth Snow. Lets be realistic here, we all shoot our mouths off when we're upset with the Oilers organization. But he's basically traded every Oiler twice. Trade hemsky, gagner and paajarvi and smyth and belanger and horcoff and khabibulin!

A lot of people have come to a realization that the Oilers main problems are work ethic, leadership and experience. And he continually wants to get younger, yet complains about the rebuild.

I'm pretty sure flyersandoilers1239 is Richard Cloutier too guys.

khandom09 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:51 AM
  #19
Oiltankjob Fail
Registered User
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,692
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersandoilers1239 View Post
You guys do realize he doesnt claim to be an insider or anything and doesnt try and start rumors or anything..his blogs are his opinion of what should happen within the oilers...he will change his mind sometimes 2-4 blogs later...give the guy a break, hes like everyone of us shooting our mouths off with what the oilers should do, he actually has a pretty good grasp on whats going on and what needs to be done with the team

again he doesnt claim to be nothing more than what he is.. a blogger and an oilers fan
he has fun with his blogs and likes to propose outrageous stuff to see the reactions of his readers and oilers fans,for not being a journalist or writer or even part of the media he does a pretty good job doing his blogs with no sources and insiders

Wonder who this new guy is

Oiltankjob Fail is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:53 AM
  #20
nitz
Registered User
 
nitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,744
vCash: 500
Stop giving hockeybuzz hits. Wtf is wrong with you people?

nitz is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:53 AM
  #21
Flyersandoilers1239
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Khandom makes some very good points

cloutier has traded every oiler twice...but doesnt khandom really sound like cloutier
i mean common guys who really writes a post like that???
put 4 and 7 together and you get khandom equals cloutier

Flyersandoilers1239 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:56 AM
  #22
Flyersandoilers1239
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
im not saying i am cloutier but you never see us in the same room together...

Flyersandoilers1239 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:57 AM
  #23
Oiltankjob Fail
Registered User
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,692
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersandoilers1239 View Post
Khandom makes some very good points

cloutier has traded every oiler twice...but doesnt khandom really sound like cloutier
i mean common guys who really writes a post like that???put 4 and 7 together and you get khandom equals cloutier
I dunno pretty sure I have seen Cloutier use 3 question marks in his blogs before . Coincedence I think not

Oiltankjob Fail is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:59 AM
  #24
vickpeterson
Registered User
 
vickpeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: HF
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersandoilers1239 View Post
Khandom makes some very good points

cloutier has traded every oiler twice...but doesnt khandom really sound like cloutier
i mean common guys who really writes a post like that???
put 4 and 7 together and you get khandom equals cloutier
Definitely Cloutier. Welcome to HFOil

vickpeterson is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:59 AM
  #25
Flyersandoilers1239
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
I dunno pretty sure I have seen Cloutier use 3 question marks in his blogs before . Coincedence I think not

uh oh my secret tell has been found...please dont tell anyone

Flyersandoilers1239 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.