HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 24: Kings vs. Flames - 3/11/13 - 3-1 Win! Now 8th in the entire NHL!

Old
03-12-2013, 01:12 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
The thing that stood out to me on the standings is the goal diff +11
Only team in the west with a differential of more than +2, sans ANA and CHI.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:12 AM
TheSentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
The thing that stood out to me on the standings is the goal diff +11
I just looked at the rest of the stats, pretty interesting there.
Would be nicer if division leaders got the auto in but still seeded tie breaker standards.

TheSentinel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Jetteroheller

Carter didn't score....Carter out, Toffoli in...

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:15 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
I already had us repeating even with our slow start early on. We're a tough team to play against, especially if Willie and Greeen can make a comeback.
Us? I didn't realize we were the players

Sorry, just a bit of a pet peeve when people use our and us as if we're the players.

But agree, when they're on their game they're tough to play against, they just wear other teams down with their size and forecheck.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Awesome start, but very shaky finish with a lackluster 3rd period.

If anyone comes out of the lineup tomorrow, it is going to be one of Ellerby or Martinez. They have been the least reliable defensive pairing of late and that goal scored by Backlund was all one Martinez.

I don't think we'll be seeing Toffoli make his debut tomorrow, but Sutter may surprise us. It's going to be a physical battle tomorrow in Phoenix. I just hope they shut them out so we don't have to hear those goddamned annoying howls.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:21 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Dustin Penner has been playing great. He could've netted two goals but you can also say the Flames made great plays. Penner is gonna start getting his goals if he keeps playing like this.

Little Toffoli fact. He has 2 hat tricks this season. Both verse the Portland Pirates. Who are the Phoenix Coyotes affiliate. ;-)

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:23 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Doughty's empty net shot....BLOCKED.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:28 AM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Doughty's empty net shot....BLOCKED.

That's just.....cruel. LOL.

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Some scouts were at the game: VAN, NYR, STL, BOS(2), ANA, NSH, BUF, COL, PIT, and TB.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:35 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Sutter post-game scrum:

Old
03-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Some scouts were at the game: VAN, NYR, STL, BOS(2), ANA, NSH, BUF, COL, PIT, and TB.
I bet most of them were there to look at Calgary. If they aren't sellers by the deadline, then they truly are a dumber organization than I thought.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:39 AM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
By (2), you mean Boston sent two scouts?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:47 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

"Dustin Penner ‏@Dustinpenner25

.@LAKings laces out @MRichie_10. I feel like I'm in psychoville and finkles the mayor #Ithinkitsthepâté. http://youtu.be/NCOGH--E_80"

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:48 AM
deeshamrock

Pretty good post game comments by Sutter. He understands how tough these games are due to the tight schedule and didn't harp too much on the 3rd period letdown. However when one reporter asked bout Martinez, then he did get angry and said 'he got beat one on one...you can't get beat one on one in the NHL'

I expect the Yotes to be hostile and hope the that Kings return favor. Keep the streak going...another W tomorrow.

Quote:
I've heard a few rumors about Buffalo (and after their awful game vs tghe Flyers, you can understand why they need to make some moves) being active sellers and Regehr and leopold are the two names that have cropped up. The Kings are on the hunt for a veteran D and it might be why the Buffalo scout was there. I'm sure Calgary will be sellers to some extent and some of the scouts above are eyeing them up.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:08 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
I say Toffoli plays regardless. He wasn't called up to spectate. Give him a few games and then perhaps give Kozun a shot like others have suggested. These guys need a good pat on the back.
This isn't Little league "let everybody play" the Western Conference is tough the Kings are not a lock to make the playoffs. Keep pushing to get every point possible. If Toffoli is going to play then if it's at home. None of the forwards deserve to be benched they are all playing their roles well.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:18 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

The only reason it wasn't a blowout tonight is because Carter didn't score.

In all seriousness, LA is 9 points behind the Ducks with 2 games vs them coming up.

Catching up to Anaheim is absolutely feasible. Play for the Pacific title.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:25 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Every time I walk up in ah beeyudin eveebody hand go up!...

The Butcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:29 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post

"Dustin Penner ‏@Dustinpenner25

.@LAKings laces out @MRichie_10. I feel like I'm in psychoville and finkles the mayor #Ithinkitsthepâté. http://youtu.be/NCOGH--E_80"
What a sports nut, huh?

The Butcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:30 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post

In all seriousness, LA is 9 points behind the Ducks with 2 games vs them coming up.

I was thinking the same thing. The Duck cant stay this hot this long and are due to come back down to earth, and that's when we make our move.

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:46 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
You don't change what is working. You can get upset that penner should have buried at least one tonight, but he suits Richards and carter perfectly. As long as he is being strong along the boards and working his ass off to get back on D..

He's been great lately. Everyone has off nights, I would not sit him yet. If they are going to take someone out for a game I suggest king.
Agreed. I don't what the fascination with the kid is. The Kings are the Stanley Cup Champions. Why **** with success?

Come on, people. This isn't the fantasy league here. Penner might have missed some gimmes, but the fact remains he is playing incredibly well now. Why would Sutter sit him?

03-12-2013, 02:50 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Pretty good post game comments by Sutter. He understands how tough these games are due to the tight schedule and didn't harp too much on the 3rd period letdown. However when one reporter asked bout Martinez, then he did get angry and said 'he got beat one on one...you can't get beat one on one in the NHL'

I expect the Yotes to be hostile and hope the that Kings return favor. Keep the streak going...another W tomorrow.

I've heard a few rumors about Buffalo (and after their awful game vs tghe Flyers, you can understand why they need to make some moves) being active sellers and Regehr and leopold are the two names that have cropped up. The Kings are on the hunt for a veteran D and it might be why the Buffalo scout was there. I'm sure Calgary will be sellers to some extent and some of the scouts above are eyeing them up.
I think the scouts are there for any Calgary fire sale that takes place (which probably won't happen; the Calgary owners are apparently in deep denial). I sincerely doubt they are there for the Kings. The Kings are not sellers, they are going for that second straight Cup with essentially the same crew they had last year.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:52 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I bet most of them were there to look at Calgary. If they aren't sellers by the deadline, then they truly are a dumber organization than I thought.
The crescendo is building that the Flames have to throw in the towel and rebuild. Apparently the owners are the ones that are balking. After Peter Griffin's incredibly moronic move offering the Avs' O'Reilly a contract, that front office might be blown up.

Goings on in Calgary will be very interesting for the next three weeks leading to April 3.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:00 AM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post

We're on a roll, I just hope it continues over the next several games. I think the next handful of games will really show is where we stand in terms of taking the Pacific. I really want this team to get it. We are so close, yet in a shortened season, it may be too little too late unless the ducks start playing like their stats show they should.

Imagine too, that if the Kings keep going they way the've been playing and both Chicago and the ducks come back down to earth a little, it opens the door to getting more than just the Pacific...

First things first though, the next two weeks: Phoenix x3, San Jose x2, Dallas, Vancouver, Chicago

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:25 AM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Bad third. I dont know if I want penner to play next game, that was just too close for comfort. Sometimes i like him sometimes i dont. He almost cost us the game. 2 great chances he couldn't convert on.

Glad we got the win, poor doughty though.
The worst thing would be to sit Penner right now. He is dominant when he plays his game and is just gaining more confidence in his play. Sitting him after he misses a few chances like tonight would destroy his progression IMO.

Last edited by 123slam: 03-12-2013 at 05:38 AM.
123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:42 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Agreed. I don't what the fascination with the kid is. The Kings are the Stanley Cup Champions. Why **** with success?

Come on, people. This isn't the fantasy league here. Penner might have missed some gimmes, but the fact remains he is playing incredibly well now. Why would Sutter sit him?
You don't see what people's fascination is with Toffoli? Really? When was the last time the Kings had a legitimate sniper for a prospect?

In my opinion, Toffoli absolutely needs to play in one of the next two games or he needs to be sent back down. The last game he played was Friday and the Kings play tomorrow and Thursday, he can't just sit. Calling him up to practice with the big club is fine for a day or two, but he needs to be playing somewhere.

As for Penner's two brutal gimmes he missed and the breakaway where he couldn't even get a shot on goal, lets just say he's fortunate we were playing the Flames.

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 03-12-2013 at 07:19 AM.
ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote