HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2013, 01:35 AM
  #726
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Oh I thought you meant if it was Campbell for Briere as you proposed. I agree with you then.
Campbell (at 2/3rds cap hit ~ Roughly $4.75m/year keeping roughly $2.39m/year cap hit in FLA)

for

Briere + conditional pick (1st if we make the playoffs / 2nd if we miss)


Last edited by CS: 03-12-2013 at 01:40 AM.
CS is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:39 AM
  #727
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,551
vCash: 50
We need to be holding onto high draft picks.
nmind the fact that Briere would never waive his NTC to go to Florida.
Stay away from Campbell.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:40 AM
  #728
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
We need to be holding onto high draft picks.
nmind the fact that Briere would never waive his NTC to go to Florida.
Stay away from Campbell.
We need a PMD or a functional Bryzgalov ASAP.

CS is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:48 AM
  #729
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,551
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
We need a PMD or a functional Bryzgalov ASAP.
Why? You really think Campbell is that much of a difference maker?

if Florida trades him I cant see them eating 1/2 his salary and I am not interested in that cap hit for a 33 year old defenseman.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 02:18 AM
  #730
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy
 
jabba2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
I believe this season is lost and I definitely dont want to see the Flyers trade a 1st to add another outragous salary to the cap. Let these guys play their way out of the slump, and if not... sink and go sign Sestr.

jabba2 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 02:30 AM
  #731
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
We keep our damn 1st unless its part of a package for one of Yandle/OEL(I wish)/Shatty/Edler etc.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
  #732
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,409
vCash: 500
Get an extra first(or more than one) for players like Briere, Coburn, and possibly Mez. Go a trade for Bernier from LA for 1st+prospect(Noebels,Wellwood)+4th(2014). Buy out Bryz.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 02:53 PM
  #733
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Get an extra first(or more than one) for players like Briere, Coburn, and possibly Mez. Go a trade for Bernier from LA for 1st+prospect(Noebels,Wellwood)+4th(2014). Buy out Bryz.
If it's a 1st from this draft, just hell no. Mez I don't think will get the Flyers a 1st. A 2nd at best would be his price. Briere and Coburn each should bring in at least a 1st. I will say though, I'm sure NJ would be after someone like Bernier way ****ing harder than the Flyers.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 02:57 PM
  #734
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
If it's a 1st from this draft, just hell no. Mez I don't think will get the Flyers a 1st. A 2nd at best would be his price. Briere and Coburn each should bring in at least a 1st. I will say though, I'm sure NJ would be after someone like Bernier way ****ing harder than the Flyers.
Bernier will be the starting goalie on this team if we were to acquire him. So hell yes on that move. The draft pick we get from trading a player will be low in the 1st round because they will be in the playoffs. I will take my chances trading that 1st(20-30) pick for a goalie who is ready to be the man any day of the week.

Mez also got a 2nd rounder during the off season, not saying he will return a first but with the market at the deadline it is possible.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 03:06 PM
  #735
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Bernier will be the starting goalie on this team if we were to acquire him. So hell yes on that move. The draft pick we get from trading a player will be low in the 1st round because they will be in the playoffs. I will take my chances trading that 1st(20-30) pick for a goalie who is ready to be the man any day of the week.

Mez also got a 2nd rounder during the off season, not saying he will return a first but with the market at the deadline it is possible.
Even though Mez is usually injured here, I find we should still keep him. When healthy, he is worth the money, is a big hitter and has a heavy shot from the point. He's also not that old (27 or 28, something like that). So I'd rather keep him. We can technically roll one big hitter on each line with Coburn gone (Schenn, Grossmann and Mez on each line).

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 03:08 PM
  #736
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,976
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I think Mez's value is minimal at this point. There is like a month until the trade deadline. Even if he stays healthy until that point I think teams are going to be weary of overpaying for a guy with such bad recent injury luck who is owed a big chunk of change next season. I really liked Mez when he first got here. His first season on the team I was sure the Flyers had gotten a steal, but his injuries have really put a damper on his time here.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 03:12 PM
  #737
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,875
vCash: 500
I still don't get why some of you's want to trade off Coburn so easily just because he's having a poor season.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 03:18 PM
  #738
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I still don't get why some of you's want to trade off Coburn so easily just because he's having a poor season.
Only really because if he doesn't shape up, he would be great trade bait, especially for the upcoming draft. I know his cap hit isn't horrible, but, still. I will say, if the Flyers really do have no shot at the playoffs and the management knows it, I hope we find out that Coburn is injured and make him heal up for the rest of the year.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 03:19 PM
  #739
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I still don't get why some of you's want to trade off Coburn so easily just because he's having a poor season.
We are one of the most "what have you done for me lately" fanbases on these here boards. It's understandable. Our management isn't like that though, which is good.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 03:24 PM
  #740
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,875
vCash: 500
Our defense would be way worse swapping out Coburn for some these unproven guys people keep throwing around in proposals for next year. I would rather give the guy the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up as a down year. If he plays bad next year then you ship him out.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 03:33 PM
  #741
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,409
vCash: 500
Matt Ford traded for futures..... making contract room for a trade?

Legionofdoom thought the same thing

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 03:37 PM
  #742
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I still don't get why some of you's want to trade off Coburn so easily just because he's having a poor season.
I really don't get it either. Only for a massive overpayment.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 04:40 PM
  #743
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,206
vCash: 500
Flyers should consider trying to pry someone like Bernier. Good relationships between the management.

If the Flyers can flip Briere for a late 1st -- I would have no problem sending that 1st+ for Bernier.

Subtract Briere's cap hit.
Amnesty Bryz when it makes sense.
Start Bernier.

Save 11 million on the cap.

Flyotes is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
  #744
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,976
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Flyers should consider trying to pry someone like Bernier. Good relationships between the management.

If the Flyers can flip Briere for a late 1st -- I would have no problem sending that 1st+ for Bernier.

Subtract Briere's cap hit.
Amnesty Bryz when it makes sense.
Start Bernier.

Save 11 million on the cap.
I'd be cool with this. I am not in favor of amnestying Bryz unless we know there is a legit replacement for him. This scenario provides that. I don't necessarily know how likely this scenario is, but if it can be done, do it.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 06:15 PM
  #745
Breeze 44
Registered User
 
Breeze 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn Bros Pizza View Post
We keep our damn 1st unless its part of a package for one of Yandle/OEL(I wish)/Shatty/Edler etc.
totally agree..

Breeze 44 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 07:01 PM
  #746
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,409
vCash: 500
Ford traded to make room for contract, now Gus loaned down to the Phantoms.... Something has to be brewing here.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
  #747
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,526
vCash: 500
Something is happening. Pointless otherwise.

1865 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
  #748
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Ford traded to make room for contract, now Gus loaned down to the Phantoms.... Something has to be brewing here.
Yeahp my thoughts as well. Now I'm going to be constantly checking twitter all night.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
  #749
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Yeahp my thoughts as well. Now I'm going to be constantly checking twitter all night.
I'm a little nervous right now. I think Homer knows this team quite well though, so I don't think our high picks or anything are in play. Scary to think though if they are.

Prongo is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 07:06 PM
  #750
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I'm a little nervous right now. I think Homer knows this team quite well though, so I don't think our high picks or anything are in play. Scary to think though if they are.
Gotta admit, even though I'm nervous he'll trade Couturier for something stupid like an enforcer, this is exciting.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.