HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brian Campbell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 09:29 PM
  #26
avsfansince95
Registered User
 
avsfansince95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: downtown poundtown
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
agreed im not really sure what Florida wants but i know weiss is hurt and maybe a free aganet. Salary isn't to far apart I would say Florida might have to add or take some contract on

avsfansince95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:49 PM
  #27
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,840
vCash: 500
Oilers will have plenty of cap room to fit Campbell in after buying out Horcoff and desperately need a top pairing dman.

Campbell
Goc

For

2013 2nd rounder
2014 2nd rounder
one of Musil or Marcincin

And LOL at the people using +- to assess Campbell value. He simply plays almost 5 minutes more per game then his next closest teammate on a terrible team.


Last edited by Ricky Bobby: 03-11-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:51 PM
  #28
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,050
vCash: 500
I would not mind Soupy on the leafs but I have a soft spot for the guy. Would not know what to offer up though as his cap hit is hard to fit on a team.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:52 PM
  #29
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Oilers will have plenty of cap room to fit Campbell in after buying out Horcoff and desperately need a top pairing dman.

Campbell
Goc

For

2012 2nd rounder
2013 2nd rounder
one of Musil or Marcincin

And LOL at the people using +- to assess Campbell value. He simply plays almost 5 minutes more per game then his next closest teammate on a terrible team.
that's a good fact. I don't like the deal for the Panthers, especially the 2012 2nd rounder

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:54 PM
  #30
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Oilers will have plenty of cap room to fit Campbell in after buying out Horcoff and desperately need a top pairing dman.

Campbell
Goc

For

2012 2nd rounder
2013 2nd rounder
one of Musil or Marcincin

And LOL at the people using +- to assess Campbell value. He simply plays almost 5 minutes more per game then his next closest teammate on a terrible team.
It's interesting how much his value has increased. Chicago had to give him away. Two 2nd rounders and a B-prospect is a lot better than what Chicago got for him.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:59 PM
  #31
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
that's a good fact. I don't like the deal for the Panthers, especially the 2012 2nd rounder
Fixed that.

You'll get something nice for Campbell but no blue chip assets.

If Tallon still wants to stock up on picks/prospects this would help with that as well as shed salary and I've heard Florida isn't doing well financially cause attendance is down, fans are disinterested, etc.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:04 PM
  #32
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,586
vCash: 400
Games I have watched of Panthers this year he is same old Campbell

Some good / Some bad moments and is playing too much IMO and that exposes his mistakes more

Should be playing several minutes less a night

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:09 PM
  #33
belair
Registered User
 
belair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Oilers will have plenty of cap room to fit Campbell in after buying out Horcoff and desperately need a top pairing dman.

Campbell
Goc

For

2012 2nd rounder
2013 2nd rounder
one of Musil or Marcincin
That is a substantial underpayment for Campbell.

Just one season ago he was #3 in defenseman scoring and #1 in avg TOI in the NHL. Regardless of his +/-, he is still arguably a top 10 defenseman in the league.

There are several teams that are in dire need of a puck-moving defenseman capable of playing 25+ minutes a night. And several would pay through the nose for one.

His contract is one that will turn many teams off, but it shouldn't diminish his value to that extent.

I agree the Oilers should make a huge jump at this guy if his is in fact available, but Florida will definitely have to swallow some salary one way or another.

belair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:14 PM
  #34
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
That is a substantial underpayment for Campbell.

Just one season ago he was #3 in defenseman scoring and #1 in avg TOI in the NHL. Regardless of his +/-, he is still arguably a top 10 defenseman in the league.

There are several teams that are in dire need of a puck-moving defenseman capable of playing 25+ minutes a night. And several would pay through the nose for one.

His contract is one that will turn many teams off, but it shouldn't diminish his value to that extent.

I agree the Oilers should make a huge jump at this guy if his is in fact available, but Florida will definitely have to swallow some salary one way or another.
Florida is a payroll team so can they really afford to eat any of his contracts?

What do you think is a fair offer? Keep in mind not long ago the Hawks only got a cap dump in return for him.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:19 PM
  #35
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Florida is a payroll team so can they really afford to eat any of his contracts?

What do you think is a fair offer? Keep in mind not long ago the Hawks only got a cap dump in return for him.
And it didn't take long for him to prove he is still an elite player.

I don't think u will find a hawks fan that is happy with the result of that trade, but they realize they had no other choice.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:31 PM
  #36
IceManCat
A New Era
 
IceManCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
the best player is Huberdeau, I guess watch more games?
No the best player is still Campbell, stop watching stats and start watching games I guess watch more games?

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:34 PM
  #37
avsfansince95
Registered User
 
avsfansince95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: downtown poundtown
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
No the best player is still Campbell, stop watching stats and start watching games I guess watch more games?
Campbell is a very talented Defenseman who has speed and tons of skill. Imagine where florida would be without him.

avsfansince95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:34 PM
  #38
belair
Registered User
 
belair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Florida is a payroll team so can they really afford to eat any of his contracts?

What do you think is a fair offer? Keep in mind not long ago the Hawks only got a cap dump in return for him.
Florida is a cap-floor team. Chicago was, and is, a cap-ceiling team. The only reason Florida got him for such a deal is because Chicago had to get rid of him.

Florida shouldn't have to give up their #1 d-man unless the return is something that would pique their interest.

I stated that Florida would eat salary because they need to stay above the cap floor if they intend on moving out any other bodies in their potential firesale. It also helps the Oilers fit Campbell into their salary structure.

I would assume the major piece going to Florida would be Ales Hemsky or perhaps Sam Gagner, then add a few picks and a prospect. But then again, I'm not 100% as to what Florida's needs are currently.

Point being, I agree. A deal could potentially be made, but Florida won't give him away.

belair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:40 PM
  #39
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,779
vCash: 500
Huberdeau is the panthers best forward.
Campbell hasn't been the same as last year but I think a lot of it had to do with playing with Kuba, which was absolutely awful to start the year. Lack of confidence on where Kuba would be; and having to go in the dirty areas that Garrison would take care of last year. He isn't Going to physical and win Puck battles. He is our best player. There Still is a disconnect between Campbell and whoever isn't injured playing with him on the blueline

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:55 AM
  #40
FrolikFan67
Registered User
 
FrolikFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
campbell was by far our best player last season and is still our best player. he's still the same guy, its only been 1 year. he logs tons of minutes on the worst team in the nhl, doesnt have garrison as his linemate anymore. besides for him the only D who are still healthy are gudbranson who has been getting better every game but is still young and still learning, and kuba who just sucks, the rest of the D is robak, yonkman, and strachan. then we have our starting goaltender out, yes markstrom looks great but still young and getting used to the nhl, and we're not protecting him. the offensive players play a big role in D as well and we have weiss, upshall, and bergenheim all injured as well.

hes looked fine to me, hes blasted several goals (6) this year, has 16 points, makes a hugeeee difference for us having him back there and one of the biggest reasons we had the success that we did last season. logs big minutes, hes just stuck out there with a bad group of D and an offense that isnt that much better considering the injuries and young players playing. hes just in a bad spot, like markstrom. you could put weber back there and he'd have a bad +/- too, just like you could put anyone in net and we'd still suck, we're just too injured. im not worried about campbell at all and hes not going anywhere after 1 season and still have a ntc. him and gudbranson and most likely kulikov are all staying. everyone else can be had.


Last edited by FrolikFan67: 03-12-2013 at 02:03 AM.
FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:09 AM
  #41
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,960
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfansince95 View Post
Could Stastny be a piece for a campbell trade?
This makes a boatload of sense from my POV. Straight up is probably a fair deal, with Stastny being younger but Campbell being the better player.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:45 AM
  #42
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
campbell was by far our best player last season and is still our best player. he's still the same guy, its only been 1 year. he logs tons of minutes on the worst team in the nhl, doesnt have garrison as his linemate anymore. besides for him the only D who are still healthy are gudbranson who has been getting better every game but is still young and still learning, and kuba who just sucks, the rest of the D is robak, yonkman, and strachan. then we have our starting goaltender out, yes markstrom looks great but still young and getting used to the nhl, and we're not protecting him. the offensive players play a big role in D as well and we have weiss, upshall, and bergenheim all injured as well.

hes looked fine to me, hes blasted several goals (6) this year, has 16 points, makes a hugeeee difference for us having him back there and one of the biggest reasons we had the success that we did last season. logs big minutes, hes just stuck out there with a bad group of D and an offense that isnt that much better considering the injuries and young players playing. hes just in a bad spot, like markstrom. you could put weber back there and he'd have a bad +/- too, just like you could put anyone in net and we'd still suck, we're just too injured. im not worried about campbell at all and hes not going anywhere after 1 season and still have a ntc. him and gudbranson and most likely kulikov are all staying. everyone else can be had.
thanks, makes a lot of sense, but it would seem trading him would be trading your best player?

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:35 AM
  #43
FrolikFan67
Registered User
 
FrolikFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
IMO, yes, I think he is out best player, though huberdeau, bjugstad, markstrom and gudbranson are all valued more, but Campbell is currently our best player. Having him back there last season made such a huge difference, someone who can skate and carry the puck like him. It would really hurt us to trade him already, despite the cap hit because he's worth that to our team (maybe not 7.1 BUT close to it and we got rid of olesz thanks to him haha)

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
  #44
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kiel
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
It's interesting how much his value has increased. Chicago had to give him away. Two 2nd rounders and a B-prospect is a lot better than what Chicago got for him.
So Goc is worth nothing now? Florida is still getting completely hosed on that deal. That's maybe, going low on the worth of a good 3rd line C at the TDL, a 2nd for Campbell right there.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:40 AM
  #45
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
okay, you don't know why he is not playing like last season

Here's some news from the net:
"Florida Panthers Need Better Defense Out Of Brian Campbell"
"Stats we didn't see coming: 4. Florida Panthers defenseman Brian Campbell's minus 17 rating"
"Here is another highly-skilled, highly-paid puck rusher capable of posting dreadful plus-minus rankings. He is pulling a shade more than $7.1 million under 2016, so a bidding team will really, really need an upgrade for their power play."

spot a trend here? try re-watching the games
Yeah, I spot a trend, more plus/minus crap when the goalies have been gaping holes. He's playing huge minutes due to a ton of injuries, so he's on the ice more. The whole team is having defensive breakdowns, such as every player after one opposition player allowing another to fly open to the net. So to sum it up: Biggest issue, again, is the horrendous goaltending. But part of their problem is defensive breakdowns caused by the team being weakened by injuries.

So again, I say, watch the games. The team GAA should've been enough to tell you and every other supposed expert from the net to not pay any attention to +/-

Don't tell me I don't know.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:01 AM
  #46
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Florida is a cap-floor team. Chicago was, and is, a cap-ceiling team. The only reason Florida got him for such a deal is because Chicago had to get rid of him.

Florida shouldn't have to give up their #1 d-man unless the return is something that would pique their interest.

I stated that Florida would eat salary because they need to stay above the cap floor if they intend on moving out any other bodies in their potential firesale. It also helps the Oilers fit Campbell into their salary structure.

I would assume the major piece going to Florida would be Ales Hemsky or perhaps Sam Gagner, then add a few picks and a prospect. But then again, I'm not 100% as to what Florida's needs are currently.

Point being, I agree. A deal could potentially be made, but Florida won't give him away.
Looking at the way Tallon built the Hawks and how he has so far been building the Panthers I see him wanting picks and good prospects for Campbell.

The Oilers 1st is something they won't want to give up as that has a good chance of being a top 10 pick so then we're looking at other picks/prospects.

I could see the Oilers shipping out Hemsky to a contender with a first coming back to them that could be repackaged in a deal for Campbell.

Florida will still be able to easily hit the cap floor next year by doing what they've already done a few times and taking on salary dumps-getting players at their lowest trade from other teams (Campbell, Versteeg) or overpaying free agents on deals with not a very long term (Upshall, Kopecky, Kuba).

Edmonton could use Goc but he wouldn't be the deal breaker.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
  #47
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,586
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
And it didn't take long for him to prove he is still an elite player.

I don't think u will find a hawks fan that is happy with the result of that trade, but they realize they had no other choice.
I am happy to have that contract off Hawks especially with Cap coming down

That contract is crippling

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:23 PM
  #48
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!
 
projexns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Looking at the way Tallon built the Hawks and how he has so far been building the Panthers I see him wanting picks and good prospects for Campbell.

The Oilers 1st is something they won't want to give up as that has a good chance of being a top 10 pick so then we're looking at other picks/prospects.

I could see the Oilers shipping out Hemsky to a contender with a first coming back to them that could be repackaged in a deal for Campbell.

Florida will still be able to easily hit the cap floor next year by doing what they've already done a few times and taking on salary dumps-getting players at their lowest trade from other teams (Campbell, Versteeg) or overpaying free agents on deals with not a very long term (Upshall, Kopecky, Kuba).

Edmonton could use Goc but he wouldn't be the deal breaker.
One team that loves veterans is the Red Wings and they've lost three of them from their blue line over the last couple of years (Lidstrom, Rafalski and Brad Stuart) and two of them were key offensive defencemen. They heavily courted Suter in the off-season but struck out. This year's free-agent crop does not look very promising.

If Florida retains $2 million of salary and offers a $5 million Campbell with four more playoff runs of contract remaining, the return could be significant. I could see the Red Wings offering something along the lines of a roster defenceman, a young forward prospect (Tatar/Nyquist) and a 1st-round pick.

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:10 PM
  #49
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,176
vCash: 500
I don't see us moving Soupy, and he has a NTC, so he'd need to approve.

Doubt this team retains salary as well.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.