Notices

Bruins @ Ottawa - Bruins win 3 - 2!!! S/O

Old
03-12-2013, 03:14 AM
bruins04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
The only thing I don't like about Rask is he has a tendency to let in early goals. Or is that just me? Seems like his first 2 or 3 shots always have me worried no matter where they are from. Once he gets past those he's as good as anybody in the league.

Is this just me? I think it happened quite often in the 2010 playoffs so maybe I have him stereotyped?
well, early goals would certainly have softened the blow vs what happened in the 2010 playoffs in game 7. i would have been crushed either way.

bruins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:43 AM
sooshii
SISU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
You can't ever really know intent anyway.

Neil did have plenty of time to not make that hit-not to mention Kelly didn't have the puck (should have been interferene with or without the injury).

At the very least it should be reviewed-especially given the fact that Kelly was injured on the play and this is why knee on knees are considered bad hits. They can seriously damage a player-and in some cases end careers as much as a head shot can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Kelly was in a vulnerable position and Neil had to change directions to hit him knee on knee and moved his knee out. So, it's pretty easy to tell intent. If you could get into Neil's mind you'd probably only hear the Ocean, but he meant to do what he did.
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...209227&lang=en

As Brendan Shanahan clearly states. When an opposing player takes a wide athletic stance against a Bruin player, no call is warranted, however, then there's Quaider... Who's going to pull supplemental discipline every time, just for his facial expressions.

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:04 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
McKenzie actually made a series of tweets about Cage's knee:

Mostly good, but knees are a funky thing. Swelling can hide damage that isn't found until later.

Also sounds like he's traveling to Pittsburgh with the team instead of coming back to Boston tonight.

Fingers crossed, but I'm not feeling relief quite yet. Hope I'm wrong.
You usually ave to wait a few days to a week to determine if there are any tears.

I know when my daughter hurt her knee in a softball game (player slid into third base and bent her knee a direction it isn't supposed to go), they wouldn't really diagnose anything for a week (ended up just being a slight sprain).

TCL40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Well... very bad 1st period for the Bruins, last night. Luckly, the Bruins regained momentum after their 1st goal and we pretty much control the game from that point. It was nice to see Rask being a factor after allowing 2 early goals but i still hate the way we turn over the puck in the offensive zone. Too many intercepted blind passes; too many wasted scoring chances. Since the Bruins doesn't have the PP overcome a huge deficit, they need to capitalise on every chance they have. Glad Kelly is ok; though that the hit was bordeline as hell...

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:53 AM
flannelman
Glen Metropolit!

vCash: 50
wasn't impressed. they can't open the same way they did last night t vs the Penguins tonight.

get to see Thorts and Paille score.

flannelman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:58 AM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus View Post
I am really sorry at how ugly the hitting got this game. I really hope you wont hold a grudge to our fan base how ugly it got. I honestly love Kelly as a player and was very concerned as to his well being. I hope he bounces back soon.
Don't worry, the Sens are the only other team I can stand in the NE. You guys have a great team and most importantly your fans are really nice and respectful. I really hope you make the playoffs and give the Habs and their arrogant fans a nice beating. I just ask you a favour: can someone of you Sens fans beat that annoying habs fan attending every Sens-Bruins game in that ugly jersey?

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:01 AM
doakacola*

So much for Senator - Bruin games being forgetable affairs...lol. Since 2007-08 they
have been fun games.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ13 View Post
I thought that the puck had to be continually moving forward? From 24.2: The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line . I'm pretty sure you can see a direction reversal for bit on the overhead view, but I don't know if they make an exception for that move? Or is there something I'm missing?
The intent is to prevent players from circling back to line up again if they didn't like how they got set up. It's perfectly ok for the puck to move away from the goal line if it's due to a continuous hockey play. Otherwise, refs would have to blow down every attempt when a player stickhandles and pulls the puck backward away from the goal line just prior to shooting.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
How could the Ice be so bad in Ottawa? lol
They hosted the Canadian National Basketball Tournament over the weekend... Had to be the reason

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
Pacioretty - Wrong, go watch it again. Listen to the announcers. They accurately describe the play as a good screen shot. It also wasn't high glove. It only went half way up the net.

Caps game - The 2nd goal by Kundratek was both tipped by a Bruin forward, and a screen shot. If you are accurate that Backstrom and AO were going high all night that disproves your point because neither one scored on Rask at all, let alone high glove. If I were you I wouldn't point out that 2 of the best players in the league couldn't score on what you think is a weakness.

Fehr's OT goal is the only high glove unscreened shot so far of any that you have pointed out, and it was from halfway inside the slot. Rask was taking away the low ice as he should and it was a great shot.

Turris' shot was tipped. Go watch it again. Chara even said it was tipped in his post game interview. No I didn't know goalies are scouted, but thanks for letting me know. If Turris knew to put it high glove, then why did he go low blocker on the shootout shot? Why aren't all these guys going high glove and beating Rask in the shootout?

It doesn't happen even close to once a game. You are just wrong. Keep trying though if you want. Trust me you really don't want me to show you screenshots of these goals. They will prove you wrong.
You are the epitome of someone who is seeing what he wants to see. Tuukka's high glove side is a relative weakness of his. I say relative, because he's so good everywhere else. But to say that it's not an area he needs to work on reveals your inability to objectively assess his strengths and weaknesses.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:41 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
If he were screened I wouldn't say a word, he wasn't. That was bad goal. The one off the faceoff was the Caps, sorry. Surely he was screened right off the faceoff, right? 2nd goal also roofed. They got another one in OT. So, bonus. Backstrom and AO were going high all night. Not a coincidence.

Looked like a rocket straight upstairs. Like he knew exactly where to put it on TR the second he got it. You know these guys scout goalies, right?

Happens nearly once a game. In games where he's been genuinely bad, which have been very few, even more.

Anyway, love Tuukka. Thinks he's great and should obviously be signed. But, I'd like to see him at improve in that area. I totally disagree that it's a strength of his. That is all.
Agreed. Anyone with even a reasonable amount of objectivity has to be honest with themselves about this. Teams are targeting it for a reason. He's weak there, and he needs to improve or he's going to continually see shots high glove for the rest of his career.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:43 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
You are the epitome of someone who is seeing what he wants to see. Tuukka's high glove side is a relative weakness of his. I say relative, because he's so good everywhere else. But to say that it's not an area he needs to work on reveals your inability to objectively assess his strengths and weaknesses.
If you add the amount of shots from the left to the total number of shots from beyond the blue line, divide by 20, then subtract the amount of PK time from the final number, Rask has never been scored on high glove.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:50 AM
KrejciMVP

That was a fun game last night, glad I got to attend. Krejci also got the first star as an added bonus.

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:52 AM
MTaylorJ1

110 starts, he has a 2.16 and a .927. If he has a relative weakness the following is true:

1. Teams do an awful job of exploiting it.
2. It's a difficult weakness to exploit.

I think we can move on here.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:52 AM
ODAAT

Pretty much what I expected from this Sens team, they`ve been forced to play this way for 10-15 games without certain personel.

That shootout attempt was

a- mildly entertaining
b- enormously ill timed

I hope Kelly is ok, there`s a large number of fans here who hammered he and Pevs non stop who I`ll wager right now, will be pleading for his quick return if he`s out an extended period of time.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Only have my blackberry and can't read everything. Has there been any report on extent of Kelly's injury? Thanks.

Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:59 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Only have my blackberry and can't read everything. Has there been any report on extent of Kelly's injury? Thanks.
TSN said it appeared that he had no structural damage to the knee at this point. Lots of swelling, and things could change once the swelling goes down, but so far it looks like he dodged a bullet.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:59 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
110 starts, he has a 2.16 and a .927. If he has a relative weakness the following is true:

1. Teams do an awful job of exploiting it.
2. It's a difficult weakness to exploit.
I think we can move on here.
I think this is true. I would much prefer his weakness be top corner than five hole or low stick side. If it takes a top shelf shot with above average accuracy to beat a goalie, I can live with him being beaten there at times. I still think it needs work.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:11 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Some of you people need to lighten up as far as the shootout move.

Quit getting all worked up about inconsequential matters. If the guy wants to try that move he can? How is he showing off? So, you don't think he's attempting to win the game for his team? Let him try whatever he likes. Who are you people that take it upon yourselves to get pissed off at some guy you've likely never seen play before for trying something completely out of left field? I just can't even begin to fathom how it is something that can upset certain people in the way it does...just get over it. Yes, I'm rambling on.
I agree. I don't see the big deal. Players can and should do whatever they can within the rules to score for their team..

A lot of people are pissed here for the ATTEMPT.. can you imagine how bad this place would be if he had scored?

SerenityRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:16 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Was it just me or were the linesmen not willing to give the benefit of the doubt on ANY entrances to the offensive zone? (for either team).. I have never seen so many off side calls.

If 2 or more players were entering the zone at the same time, it was almost a 100% guarantee it was going to be called for off side.

Meanwhile a couple weeks ago.. this was onside:

dat consistency.

SerenityRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
I agree. I don't see the big deal. Players can and should do whatever they can within the rules to score for their team..

A lot of people are pissed here for the ATTEMPT.. can you imagine how bad this place would be if he had scored?
If he scored it would be a totally different story. It would have worked, and there really wouldn't be anything else to say.

If you're going to try something like that in that scenario, you better be damn sure that you're going to make it...or be prepared for the ridicule and scorn. Great save by Tuukka or not, he was stuffed. If he made it, it's Top 10 material...he didn't so it's Not Top 10 material.

I don't care that he tried it. I'm not pissed about it. He tried something out of the box and he missed...my team got the extra point against a division foe and he looks like a clown. What's there to be mad about?

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
If he scored it would be a totally different story. It would have worked, and there really wouldn't be anything else to say.

If you're going to try something like that in that scenario, you better be damn sure that you're going to make it...or be prepared for the ridicule and scorn. Great save by Tuukka or not, he was stuffed. If he made it, it's Top 10 material...he didn't so it's Not Top 10 material.

I don't care that he tried it. I'm not pissed about it. He tried something out of the box and he missed...my team got the extra point against a division foe and he looks like a clown. What's there to be mad about?
I read the Sens board for a bit after that attempt- honestly, most of them didn't see the big deal in what he tried. It was a great chance and the only thing that stopped it was an amazing, amazing save by Tuukka.

Really, what was worse- what he did or their 1st shoot out attempt that wasn't even on net? He at least gave it a chance of going in.

Also, he's done the same move down in the AHL and scored on it.

Folks are going to complain regardless. So, meh.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:27 AM
duckchobbins

I thought the shootout attempt was bad ass. He missed, but he got the shot off just as he wanted to. If he fell or lost control of the puck then I'd feel more inclined to laugh at the guy. I don't see this as any different than pulling the puck back and lofting a shot up and over the goalie, or skating in at a snail's pace like Patrick Kane and just waiting 'til the last second to shoot. If you score, great, slick move. If not....you missed, just like 65% of the other shootout attempts

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:28 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GahdenRinkRat View Post

How ' bout some Pie

Now that is great!!!!

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:30 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
They hosted the Canadian National Basketball Tournament over the weekend... Had to be the reason
Canadians play basketball?!?!?!

Just kidding. No, really.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote