HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey perry to Nashville

Old
03-12-2013, 06:53 AM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Corey perry to Nashville

If perry truly is available I cannot see poile not being all over him big time!
Just not sure what the ducks would want from us.

Young forwards??
Budish, Watson, beck, latta, Craig smith??

Young defense??
Ellis, Blum, ekholm, Bartley

Roster players??
Hornqvist, fisher, gaustad, kostitsyn

First and second round draft picks??

We can offer you whatever you want! Would even be willing to include our young awesome goalie prospect hellberg if it meant landing poile, our gm had to go balls out on this!

What do you think duck fans???

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Exit Dose

Preds can offer up a great package. The problem is I don't think Perry would sign there.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Patty Roy

Preds should stay far, far away....i would assume that the odds are slim to none that Perry would sign there.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

If we cant sign him then i doubt Nashville can so the return will not be nearly as high as some other teams would give. I love Wilson but I'm sure you do also.

We do not need prospects, especially goalie prospects.

2 pieces I am interested in are Wilson and Blum (local guy).

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Unless we could negotiate beforehand, no chance. If Perry won't sign in Anaheim, why would he sign here?

This just seems like a bad idea to me.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:02 AM
maplepred

I thought perry wanted to avoid big market team? Why wouldn't he sign in Nashville?

Old
03-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I thought perry wanted to avoid big market team? Why wouldn't he sign in Nashville?
Same reason he wouldnt sign in Anaheim, whatever that may be.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
It sounds like if he turns our offer down it would be for personal reasons, but the only personal reason that stands out is how close he is to his family, which would put him in Ontario or the two or three teams close by. He lives there whenever the season is over and he trained there during the lockout.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Suddenly7

Corey Perry does like county music though. Honesty Nashville has awesome players that would make us trading BFF. Sadly I don't think Mr. Perry will consider Nashville. I have no proof just my opinion.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Fallenity

vCash: 950
It's hard to imagine that Nashville would be one of Perry's top locations to sign in. For a Perry rental we'd probably want your 1st + Wilson or Smith, which I doubt you'd be willing to pay.

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:34 AM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

We probably scared him off during the 2011 playoffs.

"PERRY IS A SISSSSSSSSSY!"

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
It's hard to imagine that Nashville would be one of Perry's top locations to sign in. For a Perry rental we'd probably want your 1st + Wilson or Smith, which I doubt you'd be willing to pay.

For a rental???

Kostistyn+2nd/Budish+Latta/3rd

Changes if he'll sign here, obviously.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Suddenly7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post

That might not help Nashville when they sign him lol

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:47 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

While i don't personally think Perry will sign here, the team has the budget and Poile said that they've talked to various "high profile" free agents the last couple of summers, but the hesitation from the players' side was, "We like your team, you're always good, you have one of the best goaltenders and best defensemen...but are they going to stay?" Poile went on to say that they could never answer, because at those points, Weber\Suter\Rinne hadn't committed...but at this point, Rinne is here for 7 more years, Weber is here for 14 years... there may be an appeal in knowing you're playing with that caliber of player.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Djp

The only teams that will trade for Perry as a rental are teams in the East.

No way anaheim trades him to Nashville for a playoff run and then they meet in the first round. Anaheim loses because of Perry's performance. GM out of a job.

Why would nashvile give up any of their assets if they could sign him in the offseason?

The only teams that go for him purely look at him as a short term rental with long term cap relief. An example would be the Rangers trading Gaborik for him. The Rangers need cap relief next season so they likely dont sign him.

A team that could trade for him now with the intent on keeping him long term after this season would be Toronto.

Buffalo is anothe r team that could go for him because they are a smaller market team close to home and they have Pominville or Stafford to send back. By them trading one of those players would open up cap space to resign him.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:11 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
While i don't personally think Perry will sign here, the team has the budget and Poile said that they've talked to various "high profile" free agents the last couple of summers, but the hesitation from the players' side was, "We like your team, you're always good, you have one of the best goaltenders and best defensemen...but are they going to stay?" Poile went on to say that they could never answer, because at those points, Weber\Suter\Rinne hadn't committed...but at this point, Rinne is here for 7 more years, Weber is here for 14 years... there may be an appeal in knowing you're playing with that caliber of player.
Very good point! I think free agents will look at us as a good place to play with peks and Shea both looked up long term. We have lots of other good players and budding youngsters as well. All we need for a serious cup run is a perry type player to lead the offense.

I think perry wants out of Anaheim for personal reasons, maybe he wants to be ''the'' star forward that the offense revolves around which he would do in Nashville.
I do not see him in Toronto as I heard (on hfboards), that he did not want to play for big market.
It is interesting that someone else in this thread also pointed out that he loves country music! I know that weber and perry hang out at team Canada events and all star games and stuff like that, maybe our captain could be of influence on him as well?!?!

Maybe ducks won't trade him because of us being in the west, but I can really see us making big pitch for him in offseason as free agent if trade doesn't happen.
Just my opinion.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:41 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Very good point! I think free agents will look at us as a good place to play with peks and Shea both looked up long term. We have lots of other good players and budding youngsters as well. All we need for a serious cup run is a perry type player to lead the offense.

I think perry wants out of Anaheim for personal reasons, maybe he wants to be ''the'' star forward that the offense revolves around which he would do in Nashville.
I do not see him in Toronto as I heard (on hfboards), that he did not want to play for big market.
It is interesting that someone else in this thread also pointed out that he loves country music! I know that weber and perry hang out at team Canada events and all star games and stuff like that, maybe our captain could be of influence on him as well?!?!

Maybe ducks won't trade him because of us being in the west, but I can really see us making big pitch for him in offseason as free agent if trade doesn't happen.
Just my opinion.
The problem is that trading for him makes no sense, even as a rental. This is a down year for us, we're not even a lock to make the playoffs. Poile has said he is going to avoid trading picks because they like this draft, and we don't really have the assets otherwise.

This just isn't in the cards. I think they'll make a run at him in July, but ultimately miss and settle on someone like Ribiero.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:03 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
The problem is that trading for him makes no sense, even as a rental. This is a down year for us, we're not even a lock to make the playoffs. Poile has said he is going to avoid trading picks because they like this draft, and we don't really have the assets otherwise.

This just isn't in the cards. I think they'll make a run at him in July, but ultimately miss and settle on someone like Ribiero.
Yeah I guess we will most likely have to wait for July. But I think next season will be an al out year for Nashville! If we don't get perry, I would not be upset with ribeiro, he is leading caps in points!
I would also not mind gaborik, but perry is my top pick. I think alot of the signs I pointed out above point him to Nashville 'possibly'. But only time will tell.

I have no doubt though that come July we will have a star forward. It's been way to long.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Perro

Nashville has the assets to trade for anyone thatis made available. I think it would cost less for them to get Iginla, plus I think he would fit into the type of team that Trotz puts on the ice better than Perry.
That's assuming that Iggy would wiave for Nashvlle.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Nashville has the assets to trade for anyone thatis made available. I think it would cost less for them to get Iginla, plus I think he would fit into the type of team that Trotz puts on the ice better than Perry.
That's assuming that Iggy would wiave for Nashvlle.
Unless Calgary wants our crap it isn't wise for us to trade for Iggy. Last year yes, this year no.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
If perry truly is available I cannot see poile not being all over him big time!
Just not sure what the ducks would want from us.

Young forwards??
Budish, Watson, beck, latta, Craig smith??

Young defense??
Ellis, Blum, ekholm, Bartley

Roster players??
Hornqvist, fisher, gaustad, kostitsyn

First and second round draft picks??

We can offer you whatever you want! Would even be willing to include our young awesome goalie prospect hellberg if it meant landing poile, our gm had to go balls out on this!

What do you think duck fans???
Now we are talking. Just what the Dr. ordered. Nashville could use Perry just not sure if they can afford him or if its the right fit.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post

The Pred fan that bought the preds garden gnome and set it facing the anaheim bench was awesome,Corey Perry was scared of that thing

PredsFanFromla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:13 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Now we are talking. Just what the Dr. ordered. Nashville could use Perry just not sure if they can afford him or if its the right fit.
I have no doubt they can afford him, the fit part might be a struggle but he doesn't seem lazy.

the hang up would be he'd have to agree to an extension before a trade.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I have no doubt they can afford him, the fit part might be a struggle but he doesn't seem lazy.

the hang up would be he'd have to agree to an extension before a trade.
agreed, which is almost a definite no-go. He and his agent know he's the big fish this summer, and someone is going to overpay to the very limits that the new CBA will allow.

He's not worth trading for as a rental to us, and that's likely all he would be. Just wait until offseason and throw all you can\cross your fingers.