HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 24: Kings vs. Flames - 3/11/13 - 3-1 Win! Now 8th in the entire NHL!

Old
03-12-2013, 07:55 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Frozen Royalty Video: LA Kings Douse Flames Again, 3-1

Features video interviews with Jarret Stoll, Jake Muzzin and Drew Doughty...these interviews are not available on KingsVision.

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:10 AM
jml87

The only reason I can think Carter didn't score last night is cause he was trying to get more assists and so him and Mike worked to try and pass it to Penner to score instead. Didn't work out

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Hatter
Microagression King

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post

First things first though, the next two weeks: Phoenix x3, San Jose x2, Dallas, Vancouver, Chicago

Yikes! What an amazing time for an 8 game winning streak.

Hatter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:29 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Some scouts were at the game: VAN, NYR, STL, BOS(2), ANA, NSH, BUF, COL, PIT, and TB.
What's interesting about this is there was 3 Bruins scouts at the last game, also Flames and Kings. The Bruins are likely scouting someone really hard on Calgary (possibly us, but most likely Calgary).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post

Imagine too, that if the Kings keep going they way the've been playing and both Chicago and the ducks come back down to earth a little, it opens the door to getting more than just the Pacific...
I wish we could catch Chicago, but that's almost impossible. Even if Chicago went .500 (11-11-0) in their final 22 games, we'd have to go 18-5-1 to tie them. That's a .771 winning percentage, or .146 higher than our current pace. And I highly doubt Chicago only goes .500

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:20 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Yikes! What an amazing time for an 8 game winning streak.
Unless you are planning on losing to Dallas again, I think you meant a ten-game streak.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
You don't see what people's fascination is with Toffoli? Really? When was the last time the Kings had a legitimate sniper for a prospect?

In my opinion, Toffoli absolutely needs to play in one of the next two games or he needs to be sent back down. The last game he played was Friday and the Kings play tomorrow and Thursday, he can't just sit. Calling him up to practice with the big club is fine for a day or two, but he needs to be playing somewhere.

As for Penner's two brutal gimmes he missed and the breakaway where he couldn't even get a shot on goal, lets just say he's fortunate we were playing the Flames.
Yes, really.

I disagree with you that he has to "absolutely" play in one of the next two games or get sent down. He may be just up to practice with the team and get a feel for the big club, and also as an insurance policy to an injury.

The team is 11-3 in their last 14. Why oh why would you **** with that?

03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Yes, really.

I disagree with you that he has to "absolutely" play in one of the next two games or get sent down. He may be just up to practice with the team and get a feel for the big club, and also as an insurance policy to an injury.

The team is 11-3 in their last 14. Why oh why would you **** with that?
Because this month is a brutal one overall in terms of schedule? A lot of teams are sitting a few players every game to give them rest and not risk a injury from too many games in a small time. Quite a few of teams are rotating healthy scratches to keep people fresh, again it's just one thing that could happen, not saying it will.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:54 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. The Duck cant stay this hot this long and are due to come back down to earth, and that's when we make our move.
Ducks also have two more games this month vs Chicago. Those games will be epic.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Because this month is a brutal one overall in terms of schedule? A lot of teams are sitting a few players every game to give them rest and not risk a injury from too many games in a small time. Quite a few of teams are rotating healthy scratches to keep people fresh, again it's just one thing that could happen, not saying it will.
I understand your point, and agree somewhat with your philosophy.

However, I am looking at it from Sutter's point of view. I sincerely doubt he is going to move new prospects into the lineup when things are going so well. Maybe he works the guys too hard, I don't know...March is a brutal schedule and perhaps he will spell the guys on a rotational basis, but I don't see it yet.

There is a home and home next week against Phoenix, back to back. We should know by then his strategy.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. The Duck cant stay this hot this long and are due to come back down to earth, and that's when we make our move.
I think the Ducks are the real deal. They have possessed a lethal offense for a couple of seasons now, and now they have shored up their defense.

They may come back down to earth, but its going to be hell to catch these guys. They have better staying power than Chicago, IMO.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:26 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

The dux really don't have any weakness. For starters, perhaps the best goaltending tandem. They also have balanced scoring; very solid defense; big boys who can take the body and willing to drop gloves. Hate to say it, but they might be the team to beat.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
The dux really don't have any weakness. For starters, perhaps the best goaltending tandem. They also have balanced scoring; very solid defense; big boys who can take the body and willing to drop gloves. Hate to say it, but they might be the team to beat.

Boba Fettuccine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/3/11/pdo-...hl-team-mar-11

Quote:
It feels weird that we haven't started any wars with Anaheim Ducks bloggers over the Ducks' eventual fate. They're not even doing it with goaltending anymore. Every shot is turning into friggin gold for them. Very similar to the team's 2011 season when they made the playoffs with the third worst Fenwick Close % in the NHL. That year, they were winning games less because of high shooting percentages and more because they went 29-10-5 in one-goal games. Still, that was a team that shouldn't have made the playoffs, and the next season their shooters regressed heavily.
Quote:
Los Angeles couldn't buy a save, so they figured out how to shoot pucks. Uh oh. If this were an 82-game sked, I'd bet on them catching up to Anaheim.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote