HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion ‎IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 09:23 PM
  #626
Bluesoma
Registered User
 
Bluesoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
He almost had 3. Texas' power play looks good for once.

Bluesoma is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:27 PM
  #627
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,920
vCash: 475
My feed just skipped .... Glennie got dragged down at the D blue line ... should have been a penalty ... then all of a sudden Glennie was chasing a guy to the net and SA scored to tie it.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:31 PM
  #628
Bluesoma
Registered User
 
Bluesoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
My feed just skipped .... Glennie got dragged down at the D blue line ... should have been a penalty ... then all of a sudden Glennie was chasing a guy to the net and SA scored to tie it.
Same, major WTF moment.

Bluesoma is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:20 PM
  #629
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 46,875
vCash: 1495
Long as hell shootout.

__________________
"Now when people ask me where I'm from, I tell them Texas. Dallas, Texas." - Mike Modano, March 8th, 2014

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:21 PM
  #630
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 11,830
vCash: 746
How the hell has Austin Smith not made the Texas roster with all the injures and call ups?

MetalGodAOD is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:23 PM
  #631
Bluesoma
Registered User
 
Bluesoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
How the hell has Austin Smith not made the Texas roster with all the injures and call ups?
He's been given like 3 or 4 chances, never showed anything. All the other kids brought up have shown more.

I have a feeling by giving Jones #9 that pretty much signals the end of Austin Smith in Texas this season.

Bluesoma is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:55 PM
  #632
Elysian
@AdamBath
 
Elysian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 5355
Game never should have made it to a shootout. Refs really screwed the pooch on some really blatant calls. Nilstorp also wasn't very good. I hope they give Campbell most starts...


Last edited by Elysian: 03-08-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Elysian is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 08:54 AM
  #633
Elysian
@AdamBath
 
Elysian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 5355
By the way, there were at least 3-4 very loud and long "Refs you suck" chants last night even one after an icing call that we touched first.

Elysian is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 09:14 AM
  #634
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail
 
Dominic Roussel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ATX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,696
vCash: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
By the way, there were at least 3-4 very loud and long "Refs you suck" chants last night even one after an icing call that we touched first.
I was laughing my ass off, especially when I look over down the row in the section next to me and see a group of kids with a girl who was probably 8 or 9 leading that chant for her group with her little fist in the air.

There were a few calls last night that the refs should've made; they were as blatant as the piledriver on Benn during the LA game. The players couldn't keep the puck on their sticks and handle the passes, defense looked bad, and Nilstorp didn't make the big saves when they needed them.

What puzzles me is their choices with puck movement. They didn't do much d to d passing even when the lane was open, instead they would spin in a circle and hold it at the line until 2 Rampage players closed on them and they turned it over, or they would pass it right into traffic to a Rampage player every time.

But my gf had a good time and though I'm still not sure she'll become a hockey fan, it's good to know we can at least go to more games in the future and she won't be bored.

Dominic Roussel is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 09:40 AM
  #635
Elysian
@AdamBath
 
Elysian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellBetterBeGOD View Post
I was laughing my ass off, especially when I look over down the row in the section next to me and see a group of kids with a girl who was probably 8 or 9 leading that chant for her group with her little fist in the air.

There were a few calls last night that the refs should've made; they were as blatant as the piledriver on Benn during the LA game. The players couldn't keep the puck on their sticks and handle the passes, defense looked bad, and Nilstorp didn't make the big saves when they needed them.

What puzzles me is their choices with puck movement. They didn't do much d to d passing even when the lane was open, instead they would spin in a circle and hold it at the line until 2 Rampage players closed on them and they turned it over, or they would pass it right into traffic to a Rampage player every time.

But my gf had a good time and though I'm still not sure she'll become a hockey fan, it's good to know we can at least go to more games in the future and she won't be bored.
My girlfriend kept complaining about how she missed Eakin and Reilly Smith

Elysian is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 05:13 PM
  #636
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail
 
Dominic Roussel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ATX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,696
vCash: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My girlfriend kept complaining about how she missed Eakin and Reilly Smith
I kept wishing they were there too, I was just astonished at how bad the puck movement was. Though I kept thinking....at least the defense looks the same at the AHL level as it does at the NHL level, lol.

Dominic Roussel is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:30 AM
  #637
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,920
vCash: 475
Winkler could be done with his season as soon as this next weekend so he could join Texas on a PTO in the next 7 to 10 days.

A name we haven't talked about is Alex Guptill. If I was making the call right now, I'd say he returns to Michigan for his junior season. That said, he's 3 years from his draft date like Reilly Smith and Alex Chiasson when they signed. The only difference is Guptill played a year in the USHL after the draft before going to the NCAA. He had a slow start to the season, and apparently some attitude problems, but in 7 fewer games he's matched his assist total from last year and he's 4 goals short of matching that total. He has at least 2 or 3 games in a 3 game series this weekend to try and improve on those numbers. If Michigan loses though, his season is over. I assume Dallas would prefer he remain in Michigan to try and have an even better junior season, but you have to wonder if his struggles this year might make him personally choose to go pro.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:52 AM
  #638
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,920
vCash: 475
Pretty surprised by this:

Quote:
Texas Stars Hockey ‏@TexasStars

The @TexasStars have released RW Doug Jones from a PTO. Full story: http://www.texasstarshockey.com/arti...jones-from-pto … #txstars
Jones has looked really good. He even earned PP time from Desjardins. That said, this is probably a great sign that people are coming back from injury and probably call up in Fraser's case.

If Whitney and Morrow are both ready (and they are both practicing right now), that would open the door for Fraser's return. Hopefully Dowling and Gazdic are close as to healthy as well.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 02:52 PM
  #639
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,920
vCash: 475
Surprised this wasn't announced earlier with the other cut:

Quote:
Texas Stars Hockey ‏@TexasStars

@DallasStars announce that defenseman Jacob Johnston has been released from his amateur tryout contract. http://www.texasstarshockey.com/arti...nston-from-ato … #txstars
Fortunus and Sloan came back last week and pushed him out.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 09:23 AM
  #640
Bluesoma
Registered User
 
Bluesoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Mildly surprised by the Jones drop too but hopefully means Dowling is back.

I think Gazdic said he still has a couple more weeks on his hand.

It'd be awesome to start seeing some of the draftees get signed to ATOs and see them play. Sort of a preview to what may come next season.

Bluesoma is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 09:24 AM
  #641
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,920
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesoma View Post
Mildly surprised by the Jones drop too but hopefully means Dowling is back.

I think Gazdic said he still has a couple more weeks on his hand.

It'd be awesome to start seeing some of the draftees get signed to ATOs and see them play. Sort of a preview to what may come next season.
According to Mark's weekly report today, only Gazdic and Nemeth remain on the injured list.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 09:50 AM
  #642
Dallasman
Registered User
 
Dallasman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Edmonton,Alberta
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Winkler could be done with his season as soon as this next weekend so he could join Texas on a PTO in the next 7 to 10 days.

A name we haven't talked about is Alex Guptill. If I was making the call right now, I'd say he returns to Michigan for his junior season. That said, he's 3 years from his draft date like Reilly Smith and Alex Chiasson when they signed. The only difference is Guptill played a year in the USHL after the draft before going to the NCAA. He had a slow start to the season, and apparently some attitude problems, but in 7 fewer games he's matched his assist total from last year and he's 4 goals short of matching that total. He has at least 2 or 3 games in a 3 game series this weekend to try and improve on those numbers. If Michigan loses though, his season is over. I assume Dallas would prefer he remain in Michigan to try and have an even better junior season, but you have to wonder if his struggles this year might make him personally choose to go pro.
I think Winkler and Guptil stay another year in college.
Guptil because he's only been there for two years and this is the first year Winkler has really received a lot of playing time. They may want to keep him there so he can take another year to develop.

Unless you know something else, that's my speculation.

Dallasman is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
  #643
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!
 
Mike Farkas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Unless Scott Winkler is Van Wilder, I don't think he's staying in school another year...

Mike Farkas is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 10:15 AM
  #644
Bluesoma
Registered User
 
Bluesoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
According to Mark's weekly report today, only Gazdic and Nemeth remain on the injured list.
Man, I even read that today. That's what I get for skimming

Bluesoma is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:07 PM
  #645
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,920
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman View Post
I think Winkler and Guptil stay another year in college.
Guptil because he's only been there for two years and this is the first year Winkler has really received a lot of playing time. They may want to keep him there so he can take another year to develop.

Unless you know something else, that's my speculation.
Yeah like Mike alluded at, Scott Winkler is a senior this season. He's either going pro or leaving hockey, and I don't know the guy personally, but he's fought through what appears to have been some significant and nagging injuries to get to the point he's having a nice senior year. Even if it's just a PTO with Texas instead of an ELC with Dallas, I think the organization wants him to spend some time with the guys.

On Guptill, like I mentioned I agree he stays. Just wanted to point out he is 3 years from his draft so it wouldn't be out of no where for him to go pro.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 01:09 PM
  #646
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,920
vCash: 475
Dowling confirms he's back tonight. He'll play wit Hedden and Chiasson.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
  #647
Bluesoma
Registered User
 
Bluesoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Yay! Now if only Nemeth and Gazdic can get healthy...especially Nemeth.

Looking forward to tonight, always fun to see a team that isn't San Antonio/Houston/OKC.

Also helps that Abbotsford doesn't have their two awesome goalies from earlier in the season.

Bluesoma is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 01:29 PM
  #648
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,920
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesoma View Post
Yay! Now if only Nemeth and Gazdic can get healthy...especially Nemeth.

Looking forward to tonight, always fun to see a team that isn't San Antonio/Houston/OKC.

Also helps that Abbotsford doesn't have their two awesome goalies from earlier in the season.
I can't even begin to try and come up with a Bottom 6 for the team. We know the Top 6 should return to normal:

Fraser-Morin-Sceviour
Hedden-Dowling-Chiasson

The candidates for the Bottom 6: Cameron, Fyten, Glennie, Petersen, Tousignant, Vause, Wandell, and Wathier

If I had to guess:

Wathier-Wandell-Glennie
Petersen-Vause-Cameron

BigG44 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 01:31 PM
  #649
Stars99Lobo37
Moderator
Away Games - 13
 
Stars99Lobo37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 46,875
vCash: 1495
Wandell has already been thrown to the Bottom 6 in the A?

Stars99Lobo37 is online now  
Old
03-13-2013, 01:47 PM
  #650
Bluesoma
Registered User
 
Bluesoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Sounds about right BigG. I believe Petersen-Vause-Cameron has been a oft-used line. Though lately I believe they're thrown Hedden on that line.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wathier, Wandell, or Glennie play with Dowling-Chiasson.

Bluesoma is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.