HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Unchainedshot. The Epic Ragequit

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 03:53 PM
  #926
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,483
vCash: 500
Good luck to those who need it. There seems to be a lot of us lately.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 05:10 PM
  #927
Go to Sleep
CM Vanek
 
Go to Sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post


The bald guy has to post the best hair in the Minnesota HS Tournament.

That Kyle Olson kid has the Tyler Ennis 'do goin.

Go to Sleep is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 05:32 PM
  #928
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar
 
Taro Tsujimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clarence Center, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,668
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
On Friday morning we had a practice to familiarize the girls with the rink in Saranac Lake and work on a few things for the state playoffs. One of my players accidently clipped the back of my skates and sent me flying backwards. I smacked the back of my head on the ice as well as most of the right side of my body. Went to the hospital later that day and was diagnosed with a concussion.

Instead of being on the bench. I had to watch all our games from the lobby leaning against a wall or sitting on a folding chair. Mostly in a fog, kind of like watching the Sabres these days and feeling like someone beat my right side with a bat.

Have to go for tests today since they didn't do any up in Saranac Lake.
Don't worry, I'm sure Shanahan will look at that dirty, blindside hit.

Taro Tsujimoto is online now  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
  #929
Ralonzo
Я хочу!
 
Ralonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 4,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
One of my players accidently clipped the back of my skates and sent me flying backwards. I smacked the back of my head on the ice as well as most of the right side of my body. Went to the hospital later that day and was diagnosed with a concussion.



Ralonzo is online now  
Old
03-11-2013, 08:34 PM
  #930
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Ha. Awesome name change...where's you get that idea?
I wonder!

Now, who wants to photoshop me an avatar of Gerbe holding Ned Stark's sword Ice?

EDIT: Damn it, Ace logged me out.

aceface33 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 08:09 AM
  #931
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Another facebook redesign. I'm sure people will hate it. From what little I've seen of it (haven't tried it yet), it actually looks pretty interesting and well done.

vcv is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 08:22 AM
  #932
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Another facebook redesign. I'm sure people will hate it. From what little I've seen of it (haven't tried it yet), it actually looks pretty interesting and well done.
Weird, I don't see any differences.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 08:54 AM
  #933
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Weird, I don't see any differences.
They are slooooowly rolling it out again. You have to request access for now, and even then it's a waiting list.

See https://www.facebook.com/about/newsfeed

I've always said that I don't know about their business model and how well they can sustain it, but they have a ton of hugely talented people there.

vcv is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 09:08 AM
  #934
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
They are slooooowly rolling it out again. You have to request access for now, and even then it's a waiting list.

See https://www.facebook.com/about/newsfeed

I've always said that I don't know about their business model and how well they can sustain it, but they have a ton of hugely talented people there.
Agreed, that looks fantastic.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 09:37 AM
  #935
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"
 
TakeThatTootoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Yikes


Did she have testing recently?
Just came back from the Dr. Long story - but she had a what we thought was the stomach flu late February. The week before that it was a sore throat and strep. They prescribed amoxicillin. Then last Monday she woke up with a whole body rash, never seen anything like it. Took her to the doctor and did a ton of blood tests. Found that her liver enzymes are high. Read up on stuff and found that 90% of people with mono that take amoxicillin get a rash and have high liver enzymes. The doctor said she needs to have more blood work done and will include a mono spot test and liver test again.

Soooooo, go to the doctor this morning turns out the mono test is negative and her liver enzymes are still high. She has an ultrasound of her liver tomorrow morning.

Do not like this road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Good luck, gents.
Thanks Chain.

TakeThatTootoo is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 09:52 AM
  #936
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Just came back from the Dr. Long story - but she had a what we thought was the stomach flu late February. The week before that it was a sore throat and strep. They prescribed amoxicillin. Then last Monday she woke up with a whole body rash, never seen anything like it. Took her to the doctor and did a ton of blood tests. Found that her liver enzymes are high. Read up on stuff and found that 90% of people with mono that take amoxicillin get a rash and have high liver enzymes. The doctor said she needs to have more blood work done and will include a mono spot test and liver test again.

Soooooo, go to the doctor this morning turns out the mono test is negative and her liver enzymes are still high. She has an ultrasound of her liver tomorrow morning.

Do not like this road.



Thanks Chain.
Best wishes, Tootoo.

Chain, get the surgery done, so you can quit your job. Do the surgery yourself if you have to. Guy with your skills should be able to do it halfway decently.

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 10:18 AM
  #937
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,600
vCash: 500
I just wish I could get events off my news feed without them popping back up.

Afino is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 10:26 AM
  #938
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Just came back from the Dr. Long story - but she had a what we thought was the stomach flu late February. The week before that it was a sore throat and strep. They prescribed amoxicillin. Then last Monday she woke up with a whole body rash, never seen anything like it. Took her to the doctor and did a ton of blood tests. Found that her liver enzymes are high. Read up on stuff and found that 90% of people with mono that take amoxicillin get a rash and have high liver enzymes. The doctor said she needs to have more blood work done and will include a mono spot test and liver test again.

Soooooo, go to the doctor this morning turns out the mono test is negative and her liver enzymes are still high. She has an ultrasound of her liver tomorrow morning.

Do not like this road.
Obviously let the process play out, but high liver enzymes could be nothing. I had high liver enzymes in blood work a couple years ago, and went through a gamut of tests for cancer, hepatitis, etc, etc. You name it, I took a test for it.

Turns out it was nothing. Apparently when I'm fighting off a cold, my liver goes into overdrive, and takes things longer to come back to normal levels. Could be that, could be any number of things.

Good luck to you guys with it.

SackTastic is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 10:41 AM
  #939
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,999
vCash: 500
Me and two of my kids came down with strep this week. My son broke out in a spotty rash all over his body, which apparently happens with strep sometimes. Anyways, having strep sucks but the antibiotics seem to be doing the job.

aceface33 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:00 PM
  #940
minuteater
does not cohmpeet
 
minuteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Just came back from the Dr. Long story - but she had a what we thought was the stomach flu late February. The week before that it was a sore throat and strep. They prescribed amoxicillin. Then last Monday she woke up with a whole body rash, never seen anything like it. Took her to the doctor and did a ton of blood tests. Found that her liver enzymes are high. Read up on stuff and found that 90% of people with mono that take amoxicillin get a rash and have high liver enzymes. The doctor said she needs to have more blood work done and will include a mono spot test and liver test again.

Soooooo, go to the doctor this morning turns out the mono test is negative and her liver enzymes are still high. She has an ultrasound of her liver tomorrow morning.

Do not like this road.
Yeah, sounds like the rash could just be a reaction to the antibiotic. My wife just had a similar reaction to another antibiotic. It was scary at first but, once we figured out what it was, they prescribed some steroids and it slowly subsided.

Good luck and I hope there is nothing major wrong and it is just a bad reaction.

minuteater is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:01 PM
  #941
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 16,416
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by minuteater View Post
Yeah, sounds like the rash could just be a reaction to the antibiotic. My wife just had a similar reaction to another antibiotic. It was scary at first but, once we figured out what it was, they prescribed some steroids and it slowly subsided.

Good luck and I hope there is nothing major wrong and it is just a bad reaction.
While I'm not a doctor, I am a god-like genius and I second that this is quite common.

Rob Paxon is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:08 PM
  #942
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,518
vCash: 500
Yeah - our tot had a full body rash after taking a 10 day dose of amoxicillin for an ear infection. Looked super scary, but it wasn't that big of a deal. It went away on its own in about three days.

As for the enzymes, I've heard the same as Beechsack.

Here's hoping it's nothing serious.

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:13 PM
  #943
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,567
vCash: 500
I am tired today, but for a very good pair of reasons.



This morning's WOD of:

5 Muscle Ups (subbed with 3 pulls ups and 3 dips per MU)
25 DB Ground to Overhead with a pair of 50 lb DBs
55 Box Jumps to 24"
25 DB Ground to Overhead with a pair of 50 lb DBs
5 Muscle Ups (subbed with 3 pulls ups and 3 dips per MU)

I did it in 18:22.

Going up and down a lot of stairs to meet with the lawyer didn't help, either.


WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:18 PM
  #944
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SackTastic View Post
Obviously let the process play out, but high liver enzymes could be nothing. I had high liver enzymes in blood work a couple years ago, and went through a gamut of tests for cancer, hepatitis, etc, etc. You name it, I took a test for it.

Turns out it was nothing. Apparently when I'm fighting off a cold, my liver goes into overdrive, and takes things longer to come back to normal levels. Could be that, could be any number of things.

Good luck to you guys with it.
Liver enzymes are very non-specific. The number of things that can affect AST, ALT, and Alk. Phos. levels are pretty huge. They are useful in conjunction with a good patient history though, and sometimes can help distinguish the type of liver injury, if not specifically a disorder.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:48 PM
  #945
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,982
vCash: 500
All this medical talk

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:46 PM
  #946
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,518
vCash: 500
nerdy. love.


Last edited by Penalty Killa: 04-23-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:49 PM
  #947
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
That's not the layout of the actual SMW map, so I'm guessing it's the map from something else Mario style? Can't figure out what map it is, though.

Myllz is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:56 PM
  #948
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 12,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
That's not the layout of the actual SMW map, so I'm guessing it's the map from something else Mario style? Can't figure out what map it is, though.
Guess you've never read A Song of Fire and Ice or watched the HBO series based on the books?

(that's awesome btw PK)

Mike McDermott is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 02:05 PM
  #949
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
That's not the layout of the actual SMW map, so I'm guessing it's the map from something else Mario style? Can't figure out what map it is, though.
Game of Thrones.

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 02:12 PM
  #950
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
nerdy. love.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.