HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 2 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
For UFAs, I'd be looking at:

Bryan Bickell, 26 years old, 6-4 225 pounds LW
David Clarkson, 28 years old, 6-1 205 pounds RW

For trades, I'd be looking at:

Wayne Simmonds, 24 years old, 6-2 180 pounds RW
Brandon Dubinsky, 26 years old, 6-1 210 pounds LW/C
Niklas Hjalmarsson, 25 years old, 6-3 205 pounds D
Pretty sure, MB knows him well!

Old
03-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Odelein24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
ryan malone for rene bourque and weber/3rd rounder

need more grit in our top 6 and that would do it
Give up a pick to replace Bourque when we could just wait for Bourque to get healthy?

Old
03-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

I like Clarkson. Devils are obviously going to try and sign him but as the deadline nears they might be forced to move him or risk losing him to free agency. The price would be steep and the competition fierce to beat out for his services.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
I like Clarkson. Devils are obviously going to try and sign him but as the deadline nears they might be forced to move him or risk losing him to free agency. The price would be steep and the competition fierce to beat out for his services.
agree...

and even if the Devils are still struggling by the deadline, they'll still be within striking distance of a playoff spot (if not still holding one), which likely means they would want even bigger value from an eastern conference (and potential early playoff) rival, than they would from a western conference team.

probably too rich for an in-season trade, but if he's willing to come to Montreal on a mid-term (3-4 years) for under 5M$, I bet MB is front and center.

don't know if I'd be happy getting him for longer than 4 years or more than 5M$...

Old
03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

I also like Smid

He has 77 hits and 70 blocks on the season thus far. Doesn't produce a lot of offense but he gives you a solid 20 minutes every night. He'll be a young free agent and worth pursuing early.

Guessing the Oilers won't be keen to give him up but he might be looking for too much money in his next contract.

Worth taking a look

Old
03-12-2013, 12:13 AM
hockeyman*

*no picture, no story* - understood

currently waiting for my friend to put up pics from my recent trip to Minny to see the Canucks vs the Wild. My friend is good friends with Dale Weiss, and we drove from Winnipeg to see him play. We also had dinner with him after the game at a place called Mickeys Diner (Conways mom worked there in the Mighty Ducks).. unreal cheeseburgers.

Anyways to the good stuff.

* "Malhotra's done, he'll never play again" - Weiss

* Alain gives the most uninspiring pre game speeches

* "Konopka is a nut job" - Weiss (also had no choice when he fought him)

Good stuff

* "When I say the Montreal Canadiens, you say...?"- Me "My favourite team growing up" - Weiss Also talked about being scratched while he was at the Bell, best building in the league from his POV

Really good stuff

We walked back to his hotel after dinner, and at the same time Garrison was coming back from meeting some family in Minny and met him in the front of the hotel.... Guess who's he pumping?

Anyone... take a second.... think about it.

PAMELA ANDERSON

Also a very nice guy, spoke to him for 2 seconds. Basically shook his hand, said nice meeting you and said good luck for the rest of the year. He seemed genuinely grateful, which took me off guard.

Anyways, that was my Sunday night. Believe me or not, I don't care but every word I just said was the truth.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Habs Junkie

Hypothetical question here,

Lets say Bergevin trades for a high salary contract, say Lecavalier, and uses the compliance buyout this summer and buys him out. Can he then resign him for a better cap hit? 3 years 3 million lets say, plus his buyout money.

I think it might be good if it was aloud. The rich teams can help the poor teams rid themselves of some really bad contracts. It will also help the process of teams adjusting to the new cap.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:35 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post

Lets say Bergevin trades for a high salary contract, say Lecavalier, and uses the compliance buyout this summer and buys him out. Can he then resign him for a better cap hit? 3 years 3 million lets say, plus his buyout money.

I think it might be good if it was aloud. The rich teams can help the poor teams rid themselves of some really bad contracts. It will also help the process of teams adjusting to the new cap.
I'm quite sure there is a rule forbidding the resigning of a player who was bought out. Not sure what the time limit is though.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
I'm quite sure there is a rule forbidding the resigning of a player who was bought out. Not sure what the time limit is though.
Is that rule for all buyouts or was there one made specifically for the compliance buyouts this summer?

Old
03-12-2013, 12:56 AM
GallySquared
Habs fan for life

Quote:

From what I heard, the player who gets bought out cannot play for that same team for a year.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:56 AM
schumway2

Quote:

No you can't do that. That would be cheating the system. Also, Lecavalier has 45 million left on his contract. Even if you could do that why in the world would you want to?

Old
03-12-2013, 01:14 AM
CN_paladin

We should content ourselves with a Boll or Thorburn right now!

In the off season, I'd target Bickell, Smid, Martin, McCleod assuming we don't have much of a shot at Perry nor Clarkson.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:15 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Is that rule for all buyouts or was there one made specifically for the compliance buyouts this summer?
Not really my area, but this is an obvious circumvention, so I'd say it had and will apply to all buy outs.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:44 AM
ScottFC

Does Filip Kuba suck now or would it worth it to get him our of Florida and take on his contract for this season and next season as a 5-6th defenceman?

Old
03-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

ok enough about needing a big forward. WE NEED A BIG D MAN.

Anyway if anything happens up front it's going to be us getting Jagr. He's the perfect rental. No need to explain

Old
03-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFC View Post
Does Filip Kuba suck now or would it worth it to get him our of Florida and take on his contract for this season and next season as a 5-6th defenceman?
I wouldn't touch him and his 4 million cap hit

Old
03-12-2013, 10:53 AM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post

Anyway if anything happens up front it's going to be us getting Jagr. He's the perfect rental. No need to explain
Any big defenceman in particular that you have in mind?

Old
03-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

The Stars are still fighting for a playoff spot, not sure they're going to want to deal Jags. I still think if Bergevin wants to improve offensively and get a big power forward, it's Evander kane

Old
03-12-2013, 10:56 AM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman View Post
*no picture, no story* - understood

currently waiting for my friend to put up pics from my recent trip to Minny to see the Canucks vs the Wild. My friend is good friends with Dale Weiss, and we drove from Winnipeg to see him play. We also had dinner with him after the game at a place called Mickeys Diner (Conways mom worked there in the Mighty Ducks).. unreal cheeseburgers.

Anyways to the good stuff.

* "Malhotra's done, he'll never play again" - Weiss

* Alain gives the most uninspiring pre game speeches

* "Konopka is a nut job" - Weiss (also had no choice when he fought him)

Good stuff

* "When I say the Montreal Canadiens, you say...?"- Me "My favourite team growing up" - Weiss Also talked about being scratched while he was at the Bell, best building in the league from his POV

Really good stuff

We walked back to his hotel after dinner, and at the same time Garrison was coming back from meeting some family in Minny and met him in the front of the hotel.... Guess who's he pumping?

Anyone... take a second.... think about it.

PAMELA ANDERSON

Also a very nice guy, spoke to him for 2 seconds. Basically shook his hand, said nice meeting you and said good luck for the rest of the year. He seemed genuinely grateful, which took me off guard.

Anyways, that was my Sunday night. Believe me or not, I don't care but every word I just said was the truth.
Nice trip, nice info, but left me wanting...What is your scouting report on Pamela?

Old
03-12-2013, 10:58 AM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The Stars are still fighting for a playoff spot, not sure they're going to want to deal Jags. I still think if Bergevin wants to improve offensively and get a big power forward, it's Evander kane
They seem to hate him in Winnipeg I don't understand why but he'd be a great addition to Montreal

Old
03-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
They seem to hate him in Winnipeg I don't understand why but he'd be a great addition to Montreal
All started with the contract dispute and then the picture of him playing in Vegas holding money. With the management we have in place now I think we would be able to calm him down and he is a perfect player type for us to go forward with. Imagine having back to back lines of Pacioretty and Kane

He could also fight, just ask Matt Cooke!

Old
03-12-2013, 11:01 AM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Why would the Jets trade Evander Kane? The guy is a beast! Winnipeg is not Montreal... they don't ship guys out for a bad haircut!

While Bergevin is at it, why not get Wayne Simmons and Dustin Brown?

Old
03-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Any big defenceman in particular that you have in mind?
Ladislav Smid, Douglas Murray...I would say Regher but his contract is insane.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
No thanks on Kane WPG can keep his ego and BS attitude. No way would I trade our future for crap like him. Montreal would be the worst place for him IMO when it comes to city life and things he needs to resist.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:11 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

I would be ecstatic with Boll on the 4th, pushing Armstrong to 13th forward. But he's got a good cap hit and there's absolutely no good reason Columbus moves him unless it's an overpayment or part of a larger package.

Quote:
No thanks on Kane WPG can keep his ego and BS attitude. No way would I trade our future for crap like him. Montreal would be the worst place for him IMO when it comes to city life and things he needs to resist.
tell us how you really feel

Closed Thread