HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline Wednesday, April 3 2013

Old
03-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Bolt32

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Cup winning d in. Tampa was the worst I had ever seen hoist the cup. Thiis d is better imo. U need a good goalie. It's amazing how a great keeper hides poor d.
You have to be trolling me......

Dan Boyle....In prime Pavel Kubina (Tail end, but there none the less.)
Darryl Sydor Cory Sarich
Brad Lukowich Jassen Cullimore
Nolan Pratt, Darren Rumble
Stanislav Neckar.

Trumped anything we had since, by a very very large margin. Please tell me you were forgetting your ?

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:27 AM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
You have to be trolling me......

Dan Boyle....In prime Pavel Kubina (Tail end, but there none the less.)
Darryl Sydor Cory Sarich
Brad Lukowich Jassen Cullimore
Nolan Pratt, Darren Rumble
Stanislav Neckar.

Trumped anything we had since, by a very very large margin. Please tell me you were forgetting your ?
Not trolling at all. TB and Carolina had the worst cup winning D I have ever seen, overall not even in the top half of the league in those years. So it is possible to win the cup without an all star cast on the back-end. I think the bottom end on that Tampa roster is as bad as the current crew. I'll grant you that Boyle is >>>>>Carle as an offensive d-man. But I think Hedman is better than Kubina in his prime.

also........

Neckar was not on that team
Rumble did not play in the playoffs
I think Nolan Pratt was the #6 that year
Ben Clymer also got games.

Overall not a great crew.

Last edited by ginner classic: 03-12-2013 at 10:39 AM.
ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:57 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Not trolling at all. TB and Carolina had the worst cup winning D I have ever seen, overall not even in the top half of the league in those years. So it is possible to win the cup without an all star cast on the back-end. I think the bottom end on that Tampa roster is as bad as the current crew. I'll grant you that Boyle is >>>>>Carle as an offensive d-man. But I think Hedman is better than Kubina in his prime.

also........

Neckar was not on that team
Rumble did not play in the playoffs
I think Nolan Pratt was the #6 that year
Ben Clymer also got games.

Overall not a great crew.
What makes you say they weren't a great crew? The fact that they didn't put up points? The key thing about them is that they weren't ******* that were scared to use their bodies. We have talent on our D now, but it's too soft.

Edit: Another showing of how defensively solid they were is that not a single one finished with a minus except for Sydor who we got from Columbus. I'm sure his -16 was much worse before he came to the Bolts. I know that +/- isn't the best indicator of defensive play, but the fact that not one was a minus with the Bolts goes to show how good they were defensively.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:14 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
What makes you say they weren't a great crew? The fact that they didn't put up points? The key thing about them is that they weren't ******* that were scared to use their bodies. We have talent on our D now, but it's too soft.

Edit: Another showing of how defensively solid they were is that not a single one finished with a minus except for Sydor who we got from Columbus. I'm sure his -16 was much worse before he came to the Bolts. I know that +/- isn't the best indicator of defensive play, but the fact that not one was a minus with the Bolts goes to show how good they were defensively.
It also shows you that we had an outstanding goaltender who had a .933 sv% and a 1.71 GAA in the playoffs. That cup run was more about the whole team playing like a well-oiled unit with several contributing on offense, than about the defensive group which I found to be very average.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:27 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
It also shows you that we had an outstanding goaltender who had a .933 sv% and a 1.71 GAA in the playoffs. That cup run was more about the whole team playing like a well-oiled unit with several contributing on offense, than about the defensive group which I found to be very average.
I only checked into regular season stats, and Khabibulin had a 91.0% and a 2.33 GAA that season.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:46 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
I only checked into regular season stats, and Khabibulin had a 91.0% and a 2.33 GAA that season.
The difference was we also had John Grahame backing him up and he also compiled a .913 sv% and 2.06 GAA that year in 29 games. He was a solid back-up and together with Bulin, they were arguably one of the best goalie tandems in the league. The defense was still average throughout the regular season, we were just a well-drilled side.

In regards to your original point, in terms of individual talent, there isn't much of a discrepancy between the two defensive units. However, the whole team was more willing to play for one another back then and there was more consistency and familiarity. Also, you're right that the major difference was that the defense was more aggressive and willing to take the body.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Allaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
The difference was we also had John Grahame backing him up and he also compiled a .913 sv% and 2.06 GAA that year in 29 games. He was a solid back-up and together with Bulin, they were arguably one of the best goalie tandems in the league. The defense was still average throughout the regular season, we were just a well-drilled side.

In regards to your original point, in terms of individual talent, there isn't much of a discrepancy between the two defensive units. However, the whole team was more willing to play for one another back then and there was more consistency and familiarity. Also, you're right that the major difference was that the defense was more aggressive and willing to take the body.
There was most consistency and familiarity because the wasn't a different guy playing beside you from one period to the other.

Allaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Berserker*

Ottawa fan here, and I have a few questions for you guys.

I notice that PC Labrie is a free agent this off season, do you think he gets traded at the deadline?

If you expect him to get traded, what is his trade value?

And overall, how has he played in Tampa? I've seen him play for Syracuse and found that he was a very effective physical player/agitator. Has he been able to replicate any of his AHL play in the NHL?

Thanks for the responses.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:57 PM
I Am Beat You

Wouldn't call Labrie an agitator, he has been more or less our "heavyweight" at the NHL level. He has played well since his conditioning stint, and he's a valuable player in the AHL. I'm hoping we re-sign him.

He has little to no trade value, I doubt he gets dealt.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:19 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Eh, I wouldn't call him a heavyweight.

He has his role though and is a great kid. I love the hustle and anger he brings since he came back up - he was extremely timid at the start of the year.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 06:02 PM
InjuredChoker

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...lationary.html

Quote:
Right now, teams believe they are chasing the same guys. On Hotstove, we mentioned Ryane Clowe, Derek Roy and Brenden Morrow (who, as of Saturday, had not been asked to waive his no-trade). Some other examples likely would be Robyn Regehr and Nate Thompson, who a few teams seem to like.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 08:20 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Of course teams like him... solid defensive 4th line center.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:35 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Any interest in Miller guys?

Something around Lindback, Kucherov maybe Aulie?

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:53 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post

Personally I'd probably do that trade.. depending on what Miller's plans are.

But I'm not sure if that is Yzerman's plan. They didn't get Lindbäck just to give up on him after one shortened season.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:31 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

No thanks.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:33 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:

Absolutely not! The value may be fair but makes no sense. Lindback is looking more and more like a true #1, Aulie is becoming a solid defender and Kucherov has ridiculous offensive potential.
Miller is getting older, hasn't been as good as he was in the past and is a UFA after next season.
SY is building for the future and this is the opposite of all that.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 08:40 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Not a trade but no surprise, told you guys about this a while ago, we're popping up with some interest in Sustr.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:41 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Oh and that we want to sign Witkowski.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Oh and that we want to sign Witkowski.
And DeKeyser

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
And DeKeyser
Witkowski and DeKeyser are teammates and a good pairing. Hopefully Witkowski can talk him into signing with us.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:18 AM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Might be the wrong area to put this, but what happened to Andrej Sustr when he came to camp. I can't necessarily remember why he didn't sign out of camp?

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 02:30 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Might be the wrong area to put this, but what happened to Andrej Sustr when he came to camp. I can't necessarily remember why he didn't sign out of camp?
They weren't allowed to. If a NCAA player signs a pro contract, he is ineligble to play a NCAA game again in his life. So we must wait until he says he want to leave college.

And it seems as it is not this year, he said, he would only leave if HE is sure he can stay in the NHL right away. And he really wants his degree, so expect him to stay another year in college.

I think the chance to get DeKeyser is 50/50 with Detroit. I really hope Witkowski and SY can win us the battle.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:12 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
They weren't allowed to. If a NCAA player signs a pro contract, he is ineligble to play a NCAA game again in his life. So we must wait until he says he want to leave college.

And it seems as it is not this year, he said, he would only leave if HE is sure he can stay in the NHL right away. And he really wants his degree, so expect him to stay another year in college.

I think the chance to get DeKeyser is 50/50 with Detroit. I really hope Witkowski and SY can win us the battle.
McKenzie reported that he's leaving college.

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 18. maaliskuuta
UNO's college season ended on the weekend. Sustr will weigh his options, and he has many, this week. No rush or timetable on a decision.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 18. maaliskuuta
No surprise, but Andrej Sustr, 6-foot-8 Univ of Nebraska-Omaha junior dman (UFA), has officially decided to leave school/field NHL offers.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Witkowski and DeKeyser are teammates and a good pairing. Hopefully Witkowski can talk him into signing with us.
Dream on If you think Tampa Bay has a shot at DeKeyser he will be staying home and playing for the Red Wings Ken Holland has pretty much guarenteed him a starting job on defense there as bad as it is.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post

Tampa Bay can have Sustr But Detroit lays claim to DeKeyser, Guarentee that Detroit will throw every thing to land DeKeyser.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote