HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jake Gardiner for a # 1 centre?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2013, 12:11 PM
  #76
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
question for OP... would you trade Mika Zibanejad for Dion Phaneuf...? and no I dont want Phaneuf on my team just for the record)

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:12 PM
  #77
Sterling31
Takin' Over
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Spooner is projected to be a playmaking top-6 center, who is producing very well in the AHL at the moment. I wasn't trolling.

I dont buy this "too many contracts" excuse. IF Gardiner was as good as Leaf fans advertised all last year, he could help the big club in the middle of a run at the playoffs. the fact that they are choosing to leave him in the AHL all while having an opportunity to make the playoffs for the first time since 2004 speaks loudly to me.
You really think we are going to give you Rielly?

Come on. Even Gardiner? This is the typical type of post that make Leaf fans laugh, seriously.

Gardiner has done nothing wrong outside of 1 maybe 2 bad NHL games this year that would keep him out of the lineup, and ask everyone if he deserves to be up?


He needs to win a job from:
a) The captain
b) One of our best all around Dmen, and 1st pairing guy from last year
c) One of the leagues best +/- guy, who is physical in our bottom pairing.



Why isn't Spooner playing in the NHL?.....there is a cause for concern! Caron is getting more of a chance, and so was Bourque. Gotta be something, the writing is on the wall people!

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:15 PM
  #78
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Yeah I know, but its gotten a little old after the hundredth time. We get it Av fans, if we don't trade you a Crosby or Malkin we aren't getting your amazing centreman.
Still not quite as old as the 9000th leaf fan asking for another one of our centers.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:19 PM
  #79
Hennig
It was 4-1.
 
Hennig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Still not quite as old as the 9000th leaf fan asking for another one of our centers.
Ya exactly eh, why would a leaf fan do such a thing on the Trade Rumors & Free Agent Talk Board...

Oh wait..

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:21 PM
  #80
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Ya exactly eh, why would a leaf fan do such a thing on the Trade Rumors & Free Agent Talk Board...

Oh wait..
Yeah, and how dare we emply sarcasm to yet another horrendous proposal. Duchene goes nowhere. You make the proposals, we bring the sarcasm.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:23 PM
  #81
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes View Post
Probably our best trading chip. Him or Rielly. I doubt carlysle system will have room for both of these guys anyhow.

Maybe Gardiner + and try and pry Duchene out of Colorado, but not sure how likely that would be.
Stastny maybe, they arent trading Duchene

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:31 PM
  #82
Hennig
It was 4-1.
 
Hennig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Yeah, and how dare we emply sarcasm to yet another horrendous proposal. Duchene goes nowhere. You make the proposals, we bring the sarcasm.
All I was saying is come up with new material, its old. But I guess if the way you guys like to vent your anger at leaf fans is acting like immature 10 year olds then go right ahead.

I haven't made any proposals for your centreman either, I realize Duchene is off limits, O'Reilly can't be traded, and I personally don't want Stastny at his cap hit.

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:35 PM
  #83
Roboturner913
Registered User
 
Roboturner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,931
vCash: 500
I bet you could get Giroux for him. Maybe Crosby, but you'd probably have to give a 2nd rounder the other way.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:36 PM
  #84
Sterling31
Takin' Over
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
I bet you could get Giroux for him. Maybe Crosby, but you'd probably have to give a 2nd rounder the other way.
Run along now.


Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:40 PM
  #85
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
All I was saying is come up with new material, its old. But I guess if the way you guys like to vent your anger at leaf fans is acting like immature 10 year olds then go right ahead.

I haven't made any proposals for your centreman either, I realize Duchene is off limits, O'Reilly can't be traded, and I personally don't want Stastny at his cap hit.
New material? how about you guys come up with new
proposals? Oh, and being sarcastic=acting like immature 10 year olds? Thanks for teaching this immature 10 year old something. It's amazing how defensive you are.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
  #86
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE
 
Atomos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Spooner is projected to be a playmaking top-6 center, who is producing very well in the AHL at the moment. I wasn't trolling.

I dont buy this "too many contracts" excuse. IF Gardiner was as good as Leaf fans advertised all last year, he could help the big club in the middle of a run at the playoffs. the fact that they are choosing to leave him in the AHL all while having an opportunity to make the playoffs for the first time since 2004 speaks loudly to me.
That type of thinking from our management got you Seguin, Hamilton and Knight.

We bring him up and we lose valuable trade assets. Simple as that. What would you do. Risk getting picks to bring Gardiner up to an already playoff positioned team?

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:44 PM
  #87
Roboturner913
Registered User
 
Roboturner913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Run along now.

Yeah, how dare I try to have a little fun.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
  #88
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Leave the trolling to the Avs fans. We actually deserve it with all the trade proposals between them and us.
how was it trolling?
you're the one trying to trade an good AHL defenceman for a #1 center.
A guy suggests spooner, a good AHL player, a highly rated prospect who was the last cut at Bruins camp and is 2 years younger than gardiner.

How is that not a reasonable deal?
you may not want spooner for other reasons, if you are looking for a big center etc. but how is that not a reasonable trade? let alone calling it trolling.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
  #89
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Gardiner + Reilly + 2 1sts MAYBE gets you a legit #1C. MAYBE
Oh ok.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
  #90
Hennig
It was 4-1.
 
Hennig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
New material? how about you guys come up with new
proposals? Oh, and being sarcastic=acting like immature 10 year olds? Thanks for teaching this immature 10 year old something. It's amazing how defensive you are.
Okay, ill be sure to let all my fellow leafs fans know at the monthly gathering we have in Toronto.

No problem, that's what's life's all about right? Glad I could help you.

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
  #91
david999
Registered User
 
david999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Leafs are not trading Gardner or any other good young player, unless it is in a package for a good, YOUNG centre, which are not available. So nothing will happen, case closed.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
  #92
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Oh ok.
Do yourself a favour and list the centers you have in mind and then ask yourself if you would trade them for less if they were with your organization.
Who's trading a #1 center for a 22 year old who isnt yet a full time NHL player despite his high upside (injuries, roster issues whatever the fact remains he is 22 and a good prospect that's it)
Rielly is a high end blue chip prospect.

Right now the asking price for Corey Perry as a rental is similar to that.
No one is trading you a #1 center under contract for a lengthy period of time for those 2 guys as good as they are, unless its Richards or Lecavalier.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
  #93
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Okay, ill be sure to let all my fellow leafs fans know at the monthly gathering we have in Toronto.

No problem, that's what's life's all about right? Glad I could help you.
Right on. And I'll let the rest of my fellow Avs fans know what a bunch of immature 10 year olds we are. We will also come up with some new material. Maybe we should go back to logically explaining why proposals don't work. That always works so well. After you clearly explain something to a Leaf fan, the identical proposal does not pop up a week later or anything....



Anyways, carry on.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:55 PM
  #94
Earth Rocker
Registered User
 
Earth Rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mistake by the Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Maybe if the Leafs added a 2nd rounder.
Done...in a heartbeat!!

Earth Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:59 PM
  #95
Sterling31
Takin' Over
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
how was it trolling?
you're the one trying to trade an good AHL defenceman for a #1 center.
A guy suggests spooner, a good AHL player, a highly rated prospect who was the last cut at Bruins camp and is 2 years younger than gardiner.

How is that not a reasonable deal?
you may not want spooner for other reasons, if you are looking for a big center etc. but how is that not a reasonable trade? let alone calling it trolling.
The value isn't even close. I wouldn't consider it trolling, but you cant even consider Rielly or Gardiner will be apart of a deal for Spooner? seriously? Okay he is looking good in the AHL, and Gardiner is having a hard time finding a spot.

But both Gardiner and Rielly are young 1st round draft picks that if you were to ask anyone besides Leaf haters, they would tell you that they are worth there place in the draft still...and wouldn't consider moving them for a similar aged guy, drafted in the 2nd round, who is scoring in the AHL and may be NHL ready.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:10 PM
  #96
Eyedea
The Legend Continues
 
Eyedea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
how was it trolling?
you're the one trying to trade an good AHL defenceman for a #1 center.
A guy suggests spooner, a good AHL player, a highly rated prospect who was the last cut at Bruins camp and is 2 years younger than gardiner.

How is that not a reasonable deal?
you may not want spooner for other reasons, if you are looking for a big center etc. but how is that not a reasonable trade? let alone calling it trolling.
I guess you missed the part where he said "or Rielly"? Also this constant fallacious reasoning about how Gardiner is only an AHL defenseman because he's not up with the club is hilarious. He's much better than where he currently sits, and has to play the waiting game specifically because of contracts on the Leafs roster. There's no other way around it. He's a capable NHL defenseman that still has considerable value to the team. And I'm not trying to trade him for a #1 centre. As much as I'd like to sit here and admire the thought of acquiring Duchene for Gardiner, I realistically expect a big fat no.

As for your comments on the deal, a Gardiner-Spooner swap is just not something we're interested in doing because of the size and redundancy. We have 3 centres that would be ahead of Spooner in the depth chart for a top 6 role in Bozak, Grabovski, and Kadri, and he'd just remain as a top C on the marlies like Colborne. With Gardiner we fully expect him to hold a top 4 role on the Leafs very soon, and if not this year then right at the beginning of camp next season.

Eyedea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:17 PM
  #97
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin
 
TheFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
Leafs are not trading Gardner or any other good young player, unless it is in a package for a good, YOUNG centre, which are not available. So nothing will happen, case closed.
You're making it sound like other teams want the leafs overrated prospects when really it's leaf fans trying to trade them away for players much more proven and valuable. Keep Gardiner and Reilly nobody wants them.

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:24 PM
  #98
Eyedea
The Legend Continues
 
Eyedea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
You're making it sound like other teams want the leafs overrated prospects when really it's leaf fans trying to trade them away for players much more proven and valuable. Keep Gardiner and Reilly nobody wants them.
We'll more than gladly keep them, however I'm sure you'd welcome them with open arms if they were traded to your team.

Eyedea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:24 PM
  #99
Sterling31
Takin' Over
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
You're making it sound like other teams want the leafs overrated prospects when really it's leaf fans trying to trade them away for players much more proven and valuable. Keep Gardiner and Reilly nobody wants them.
Can we please!

It is funny cause 1 Leaf fan (maybe) makes the proposal --> bunch of haters come in and rip apart the player --->Then Leaf fans come in and defend their player ----> Then people act like we are overrating and always trying to pawn them off.

No genius, we DO want to keep them....However, this is a trade forum and if someone does want him....That is what we think he is worth. Cheers.


The fact that he hasn't even been considered to be traded(what Nonis says) Speaks louder than any poster on this site. (Leaf fans included )

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:26 PM
  #100
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin
 
TheFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
We'll more than gladly keep them, however I'm sure you'd welcome them with open arms if they were traded to your team.
Yeah I'd be down to trade a 7th round pick for either one.

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.