HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabner out 7-10 days (shoulder)

Old
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Grabner out 7-10 days (shoulder)

From Staple:

Quote:
@StapeNewsday: Michael Grabner has a shoulder injury, out at least 7-10 days. Will be evaluated again next week. #Isles
Well looks like the ice time controversy can quiet down for a bit..

https://twitter.com/stapenewsday/sta...90956325187584

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
mhs8hockey

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to mhs8hockey
http://www.facebook.com/NEWYORKISLANDERS

grabs is hurt

mhs8hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:05 AM
NYI JT91

Damn...not going to help the PK.

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Strummergas

So both Aucoin and Boulton in the line-up on Thursday, or do we see a callup?

Strummergas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
You call up Nino if Grabs is gonna be out for 2 weeks. If its only a 1-2 game cameo you call up Persson. And this is of course all contingent on whether we want to replace Grabs spot with another winger.

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:07 AM
PWJunior
That's what we do.

Well this is not good. I hope it's not a serious shoulder injury.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:08 AM
NYI JT91

I say we give Niño a quick cup of coffee and see what happens.

NYI JT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:11 AM
stranger34

NINO TIME!!!!

Bailey, Martin, Reasoner, and Nielsen can hold the fort on PK. Martin and Bailey used to have great chemistry on the PK.

If they just dress Boulton and Aucoin. That's just plain dumb

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
You call up Nino if Grabs is gonna be out for 2 weeks. If its only a 1-2 game cameo you call up Persson. And this is of course all contingent on whether we want to replace Grabs spot with another winger.
Or we just bring Ullstrom back.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Bunk Moreland

Joensuu is practicing Staple says he needs a couple days to get back up to speed so we could see him by the weekend.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
19 in a row

With Ullstrom sent down that makes two active spots open so I think you may see Ullstrom come right back for Thursday, which he may have anyway after BST's game tonight. Was hoping to see Aucoin in for Reasoner vs the high scoring Lightning but now with Grabs out, we will "need" Reasoner for PK. Boulton in for Grabs?

Stinks for us, but we only have 2 games this week so if he misses only 2 to 3 games hopefully other guys (someone? anyone? KO? Bailey? Beuller? Bueller?) will finally step up for the short period.

Last edited by 19 in a row: 03-12-2013 at 10:31 AM.
19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:27 AM
19 in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Joensuu is practicing Staple says he needs a couple days to get back up to speed so we could see him by the weekend.
I hate the fact that we get almost no updates on our injured players(I could find nothing since january on jj prior to this) but good to know that he is now practicing. I am going to take the doubting thomas approach with him and not assume he will have any positive impact until I see it with my own eyes. Hoping to be pleasantly suprised but not holding my breath.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
I hate the fact that we get almost no updates on our injured players(I could find nothing since january on jj prior to this) but good to know that he is now practicing. I am going to take the doubting thomas approach with him and not assume he will have any positive impact until I see it with my own eyes. Hoping to be pleasantly suprised but not holding my breath.
I forgot JJ existed hadn't heard anything about his status and then bam he's practicing.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:50 AM
13th Floor

Quote:
Speaking of, is there anymore info on Grabner? I'm trying to think of a play where he may have hurt it, but those little tweaks can be hard to see. Anybody know if he has been nursing this for a while or did this happen against the Pens?

Edit: I just remember that I shut off that Pens game in disgust, so I might have missed something obvious.

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Isles Enforcer

I'm sure JJ will have to go down to Bridgeport for conditioning once he's activated. I really can't see the Islanders just throwing him right into the mix without a conditioning assignment.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:02 AM
StrongIslanders90

I would call up NINO but They will probablly just play the extras

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:06 AM
kuwo

Quote:
I'm sure JJ will have to go down to Bridgeport for conditioning once he's activated. I really can't see the Islanders just throwing him right into the mix without a conditioning assignment.
According to Isles twitter :

"Coach: You can expect to see him (Joensuu) soon. Conditioning will come. TBD on whether he'll travel - depends on post-practice eval."

kuwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:13 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
This makes perfect sense.

But the part that reads "I really can't see the Islanders" puts the whole post in question.

I'd imagine JJ will practice for a few days (since the Isles don't play until Thursday) and then get assigned to BP for some weekend games (the play Fri, Sat and Sunday) BP also plays tonight, look for Ullstrom to score a hat-trick and hold up the middle finger as a salute after the 3rd goal.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:24 AM
19 in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post

But the part that reads "I really can't see the Islanders" puts the whole post in question.

I'd imagine JJ will practice for a few days (since the Isles don't play until Thursday) and then get assigned to BP for some weekend games (the play Fri, Sat and Sunday) BP also plays tonight, look for Ullstrom to score a hat-trick and hold up the middle finger as a salute after the 3rd goal.
Can someone clarify? Since he has a 1 way contract, is it correct to assume that they can send him down for a conditioning stint but no more (and how long is the max conditioning stint?)?

Old
03-12-2013, 11:58 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
Can someone clarify? Since he has a 1 way contract, is it correct to assume that they can send him down for a conditioning stint but no more (and how long is the max conditioning stint?)?
I don't think it's the 1way contract part though, it's that he's not waiver-exempt anymore (goes by games played and age). More here

since he's 25 and has played more than one season, he's not longer exempt.

NOTE: Only God knows if this is different in the yet-unsigned CBA. Some waiver rules have changed (such as no re-entry waivers) but not sure about this one.

If it hasn't changed, it's two weeks of conditioning, no more.

Remember Bailey was sent down right before his waiver eligibility was done, went to score 17pts in 11games, then recalled. Now, he has to clear waivers to be sent down.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Wonder if this has anything to do with his reduced ice time???

03-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Isles Enforcer

Quote:

Haha, you win! But seriously, this is pretty much all correct. He'll probably go down for the weekend and be back up to the Isles on Monday if there's no setback.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:26 PM
duster19

[QUOTE=redbull;61493725]This makes perfect sense.

I'd imagine JJ will practice for a few days (since the Isles don't play until Thursday) and then get assigned to BP for some weekend games (the play Fri, Sat and Sunday) BP also plays tonight, look for Ullstrom to score a hat-trick and hold up the middle finger as a salute after the 3rd goal.[/QUOTE]

haha. I kind of hope so. I hope the isles are proactive with these roster spots. Why not give Nino/Nelson or both a look for a couple games.

I can see the temptation to play Boulton. They are paying him a salary and Johnny has been getting a rough ride the last few games. anyone see Orpik basically choke slam Tavares by his face? If we are going to get beat by 5 we might as well have somewhere on the ice for protection...

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:28 PM
duster19

Quote:
I don't think it's the 1way contract part though, it's that he's not waiver-exempt anymore (goes by games played and age). More here

since he's 25 and has played more than one season, he's not longer exempt.

NOTE: Only God knows if this is different in the yet-unsigned CBA. Some waiver rules have changed (such as no re-entry waivers) but not sure about this one.

If it hasn't changed, it's two weeks of conditioning, no more.

Remember Bailey was sent down right before his waiver eligibility was done, went to score 17pts in 11games, then recalled. Now, he has to clear waivers to be sent down.
might not be a bad way to get rid of him...someone might take a shot on him.

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:38 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Ullstrom better be right back up then!

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote