HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms and more (Apr 4. Charges against Nick Cousins are dropped)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Jordan941

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ghost has really turned his game on recently. Has 1 goal, 5 assists in his last 4 games. Now has 23 points in 30 games. Beat his points total last season with 11 less games.

Also found some highlights of Ghost. An older game but had a sick dangle for a goal plus a pass from his net to a guy breaking between 3-4 people for a goal.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/video/...nion_Princeton

Oh man, what a beauty outlet pass that was.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:52 AM
FLYguy3911

EA finally added Stolarz to London. He's 46 overall, 66 rating in every category, and two star red potential.

Old
03-10-2013, 10:21 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
EA finally added Stolarz to London. He's 46 overall, 66 rating in every category, and two star red potential.
EA's ratings (as well as the games) have always been a joke.

Unless the player plays for VAN, they don't put much effort into their ratings

Old
03-10-2013, 01:54 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Noebels with a broken toe so out 4 weeks. Shame was starting to get hot again.

Old
03-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
EA's ratings (as well as the games) have always been a joke.

Unless the player plays for VAN, they don't put much effort into their ratings
Gaunce always ended up as the best player in the game

But, they are game devs and not scouts. If EA really cared, they could get everything closer with launch overalls

Old
03-10-2013, 02:53 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Stolie the goalie getting lit up by Windsor today 5 goals on 24 shots 5-1 Windsor after 2 periods

Old
03-10-2013, 03:01 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Laughton has another assist.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:44 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Gaunce always ended up as the best player in the game

But, they are game devs and not scouts. If EA really cared, they could get everything closer with launch overalls
But they actually do hire "scouts" to do their ratings

Old
03-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Coffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
But they actually do hire "scouts" to do their ratings
Scout = Poster on HFboards?

Old
03-11-2013, 11:01 PM
MP92
Samoan strong

So Im assuming Oliver Laurdisen isn't fairing too well. I would have thought we would have seen him or Brandon Manning up with the big club by now, at least for a few games.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothless Couts View Post
So Im assuming Oliver Laurdisen isn't fairing too well. I would have thought we would have seen him or Brandon Manning up with the big club by now, at least for a few games.
I think this says more about the fact that our bottom pairing hasn't been the problem, and you probably didn't expect him to crack the top 4.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:52 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothless Couts View Post
Some guy called WIP the other day and said his #1 pet peeve with Holmgren this season was not giving Brandon Manning a shot. He also said that Kurtis Foster has been one of the reasons the D has been so terrible. I hate that guy.

03-12-2013, 12:11 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Some guy called WIP the other day and said his #1 pet peeve with Holmgren this season was not giving Brandon Manning a shot. He also said that Kurtis Foster has been one of the reasons the D has been so terrible. I hate that guy.
its been that way for far too long. They call up a young guy, he makes a mistake or has a rough game and they either scratch him or send him back down. Those bottom pairing vets tho? They can stink up the joint and get sent back out there the next night. The organization has always been impatient with young defenseman and goaltenders.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
its been that way for far too long. They call up a young guy, he makes a mistake or has a rough game and they either scratch him or send him back down. Those bottom pairing vets tho? They can stink up the joint and get sent back out there the next night. The organization has always been impatient with young defenseman and goaltenders.
On the flip side, however, other organizations that let their players develop either in Europe, the CHL or the AHL and don't break them into the NHL too early are sometimes touted as being patient. Perhaps that's what the Flyers are with Lauridsen and Manning I agree with you saying young guys shouldn't be immediately sent down when they make a couple of mistakes, though.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:37 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Did anyone on WIP know who Brandon Manning was?

Old
03-12-2013, 12:58 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
On the flip side, however, other organizations that let their players develop either in Europe, the CHL or the AHL and don't break them into the NHL too early are sometimes touted as being patient. Perhaps that's what the Flyers are with Lauridsen and Manning I agree with you saying young guys shouldn't be immediately sent down when they make a couple of mistakes, though.
if you have a young guy like Gus you need to keep playing him. Hes has made some mistakes and will he will learn from them.
I liked what I saw with Manning when he had his cup of coffee last season. He had his moments like any young player does but I thought he did pretty well overall.
Havent seen enough of Lauridsen to comment but i know he has his fans who watch him every night in ADK.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
So how about the 2012 first round? How might that unfold in the eyes of a scouting panel if we were to re-convene today? After a half season of evaluation to consider, here’s the revised order based on voting for the top 50 prospects in Future Watch 2013.

1. Nail Yakupov, RW (actually taken 1st by Edmonton)
2. Alex Galchenyuk, C (taken 3rd by Montreal)
3. Ryan Murray, D (taken 2nd by Columbus)
4. Jacob Trouba, D (taken 9th by Winnipeg)
5. Hampus Lindholm, D (taken 6th by Anaheim)
6. Mikhail Grigorenko, C (taken 12th by Buffalo)
7. Morgan Rielly, D (taken 5th by Toronto)
8. Filip Forsberg, RW (taken 11th by Washington)
9. Griffin Reinhart, D (taken 4th by NY Islanders)
10. Andrey Vasilevski, G (taken 19th by Tampa Bay)
11. Teuvo Teravainen, C (taken 18th by Chicago)
12. Scott Laughton, C (taken 20th by Philadelphia)
13. Tomas Hertl, C (taken 17th by San Jose)
14. Olli Maatta, D (taken 22nd by Pittsburgh)
15. Derrick Pouliot, D (taken 8th by Pittsburgh)
16. Malcolm Subban, G (taken 24th by Boston)
17. Mathew Dumba, D (taken 7th by Minnesota)
18. Zemgus Girgensons, C (taken 14th by Buffalo)
19. Radek Faksa, C (taken 13th by Dallas)
20. Tom Wilson, RW (taken 16th by Washington)
21. Stefan Matteau, C (taken 29th by New Jersey)
22. Mike Matheson, D (taken 23rd by Florida)
23. Oscar Dansk, G (taken 31st by Columbus)
24. Henrik Samuelsson, C (taken 27th by Phoenix)
25. Mark Jankowski, C (taken 21st by Calgary)

No other 2012 draftees received votes for the top 50. That includes actual first-rounders Slater Koekkoek (taken 10th by Tampa Bay), Cody Ceci (taken 15th by Ottawa), Jordan Schmaltz (taken 25th by St. Louis), Brendan Gaunce (taken 26th by Vancouver), Brady Skjei (taken 28th by the New York Rangers) and Tanner Pearson (taken 30th by Los Angeles).
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-sco...0564--nhl.html

Laughton getting some nice props.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:34 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Since I really haven't seen much recently with Laughton outside of seeing stats of when he plays, has he gotten more physical since he returned to the OHL? He's a physical guy, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Old
03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Since I really haven't seen much recently with Laughton outside of seeing stats of when he plays, has he gotten more physical since he returned to the OHL? He's a physical guy, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?
He can hit for sure...really impressed with him this season

Old
03-12-2013, 02:29 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
He can hit for sure...really impressed with him this season
Sorry if I didn't specify more. I meant to say that I haven't seen him since he went down back to the OHL (only see his stats).

Old
03-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Here's a recent update on Laughton (from today):

SCOTT LAUGHTON (PHILADELPHIA FLYERS), C, OSHAWA GENERALS

6’1, 190 lbs, DOB: May 30, 1994

"If it becomes difficult to define Scott Laughton’s role with the Oshawa Generals, there is good reason for it. Laughton has done just about everything for his team this season. The Flyers prospect excels as a number two centre providing secondary offence yet one might take him for a third line checking forward with the physical play and defensive acumen that Laughton provides. Laughton’s tenacity on the forecheck and his appetite for throwing hits at every turn allows the Generals to pressure their opponents in the offensive zone for the length of his shifts. Laughton’s defensive efforts are rewarded with ample penalty killing minutes which he further justifies by taking away time and space from his opponents. Laughton is a 200 ft player and not surprisingly is very effective through transitions and zone entries. Laughton’s puck skills are often overlooked but his stick handling and speed allows him to bring the puck up the middle of the ice while his vision allows him to find linemates to create scoring opportunities. Earlier in the season, Laughton filled in as the number one centre for the Generals and executed the task admirably, displaying his ability to quarterback the team’s first powerplay unit as well as showcasing his skills in finishing scoring chances."

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/nhl-blo...uk-leivo-ceci/

Old
03-12-2013, 05:26 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

I pray every day that Laughton's production and play are easily transferable to the wing at the NHL level.

Laughton - Couturier - Read is theoretically absolutely beast defensively while chucking in some hopefully solid offense in the upcoming seasons.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Here's a recent update on Laughton (from today):

SCOTT LAUGHTON (PHILADELPHIA FLYERS), C, OSHAWA GENERALS

6’1, 190 lbs, DOB: May 30, 1994

"If it becomes difficult to define Scott Laughton’s role with the Oshawa Generals, there is good reason for it. Laughton has done just about everything for his team this season. The Flyers prospect excels as a number two centre providing secondary offence yet one might take him for a third line checking forward with the physical play and defensive acumen that Laughton provides. Laughton’s tenacity on the forecheck and his appetite for throwing hits at every turn allows the Generals to pressure their opponents in the offensive zone for the length of his shifts. Laughton’s defensive efforts are rewarded with ample penalty killing minutes which he further justifies by taking away time and space from his opponents. Laughton is a 200 ft player and not surprisingly is very effective through transitions and zone entries. Laughton’s puck skills are often overlooked but his stick handling and speed allows him to bring the puck up the middle of the ice while his vision allows him to find linemates to create scoring opportunities. Earlier in the season, Laughton filled in as the number one centre for the Generals and executed the task admirably, displaying his ability to quarterback the team’s first powerplay unit as well as showcasing his skills in finishing scoring chances."

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/nhl-blo...uk-leivo-ceci/
This is the reason I do not want to see him traded as some on this board have suggested. I am not saying he is an untouchable, but the return better be very good. Also very quietly Taylor Leier is having a nice season with Portland. His +/- of + 42 is outstanding. Also does anyone know the status of Derek Mathers? I have noticed that the Petes have not had their captain in the line up and did not know why.
Thanks

Old
03-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Also does anyone know the status of Derek Mathers? I have noticed that the Petes have not had their captain in the line up and did not know why.
Thanks
Suspended for reaching the 10-fight limit. 4 games due to an instigator occurring on that 11th fight. Returns for the Petes finale on March 17.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...180043248.html

Old
03-13-2013, 03:50 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

In the OHL Eastern Conference vote, Laughton was voted the 2nd best defensive forward and best pker.

Closed Thread