HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zac Rinaldo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 02:28 PM
  #151
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,013
vCash: 769
You gotta watch what you say about Alfie around Sens fans. They literally think he's "God." With the way Sens fans talk about him, you'd think he's lead the team to multiple Stanley Cups, while collecting a wall full of individual trophies. Then when you look, you notice the only thing he's actually ever wasn't even with the Sens (Olympic Gold) and the Calder.

He's one of the most overrated players ever among fans in Canada.

I guess they just really wanted to replace the previous player they considered the best Sen of all time: Alexei Yashin

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:41 PM
  #152
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzy8 View Post
All I said was your team is dirty, that's your style hits from behind trying to injure people. When you maliciously (do you know what that word means?) hit people to attempt to I injure you take the fun out of the game, and then Ronaldi I turtles like a baby when he gets a little stick in the head lol. Also you account for the inbreeding and high murder rate, plus the amount of unemployed you shouldn't take these posts so seriously...

Canada is America done right lmao
Yeah but then you started complaining about how fat we are and how America sucks. What the hell does that have to do with yesterday's game?

Btw who the hell is Ronaldi?

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:07 PM
  #153
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
Plus the trades have been turning out pretty great.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:12 PM
  #154
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(
 
Hell on Heels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa & on the road
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,556
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
I don't even know who that sens fan is....

But Alfie has done more than just play hockey here but I won't get into it here. Pm me if you want sane view.

Flyers are my second team, but I avoid your board cause of some fans

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:12 PM
  #155
mantis toboggan
Registered User
 
mantis toboggan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Does rinaldo really troll opposing fans this hard? This guy is pretty butt hurt

mantis toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:15 PM
  #156
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(
 
Hell on Heels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa & on the road
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,556
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogenIsTheMan View Post
Does rinaldo really troll opposing fans this hard? This guy is pretty butt hurt
Again, no idea who that was

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:18 PM
  #157
MrHockey1982
Registered User
 
MrHockey1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,180
vCash: 500
It's funny how he talks about the Flyers being dirty and then Alfreddson gets kicked from the game for trying to injure Rinaldo with a cross check to the head. How is that not dirty and hypocritical?

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:33 PM
  #158
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,007
vCash: 500
Well that was... entertaining. Back to normal now, guys. Nothing more to see here.

__________________
She runs through my veins like a long, black river, and rattles my cage like a thunderstorm.
TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:13 PM
  #159
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,013
vCash: 769
really wish you would have let him post here more

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:36 PM
  #160
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Why exactly is Rinaldo being called dirty? He's thrown some questionable hits in the past but nothing extreme and certainly not this year. He's a young kid, he's learning to how to play the game at the NHL level and for the past 10 or so games maybe even more he's been doing great. The hit the other day that Sens fans called boarding clearly wasn't a dirty hit so i really don't understand where this is all coming from.

I understand reputation is a factor but do people not actually see what's happening in front of them?

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:42 PM
  #161
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
It's funny how he talks about the Flyers being dirty and then Alfreddson gets kicked from the game for trying to injure Rinaldo with a cross check to the head. How is that not dirty and hypocritical?
Alffie and RInaldo should go next game

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:37 PM
  #162
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Why exactly is Rinaldo being called dirty? He's thrown some questionable hits in the past but nothing extreme and certainly not this year. He's a young kid, he's learning to how to play the game at the NHL level and for the past 10 or so games maybe even more he's been doing great. The hit the other day that Sens fans called boarding clearly wasn't a dirty hit so i really don't understand where this is all coming from.

I understand reputation is a factor but do people not actually see what's happening in front of them?
What I don't like about him from a Flyers point of view is he retaliates a lot and takes penalties because of it. He has a target on his back because of his past and doesn't help himself when he retaliates. From the outside, he is the kind of player, like Downie, who I fear would really hurt another player. If I was playing for the opposition he's definitely the one I'd keep my eyes on because he doesn't really play much hockey, his only focus is to hit hard.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:58 PM
  #163
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
What I don't like about him from a Flyers point of view is he retaliates a lot and takes penalties because of it. He has a target on his back because of his past and doesn't help himself when he retaliates. From the outside, he is the kind of player, like Downie, who I fear would really hurt another player. If I was playing for the opposition he's definitely the one I'd keep my eyes on because he doesn't really play much hockey, his only focus is to hit hard.
To be fair he has been drawing a lot of penalties this year and really has not been retaliating. If he keeps up what he is doing now he is going to help this team more than I ever though he would be able to.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:12 PM
  #164
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
To be fair he has been drawing a lot of penalties this year and really has not been retaliating. If he keeps up what he is doing now he is going to help this team more than I ever though he would be able to.
I agree. I would say for the better part of the season he has not been retaliating. I would also argue that a significant portion of his penalties were called because of his reputation not his play. Sooner or later, if he continues to play the way he has, he won't be getting called for just being Rinaldo as much. When that day comes he'll be real asset to this team and if he continues to work on becoming a pker his stock will go up even more. He's got the ability imo and being as though he's only 22 he's got time to put it together.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:52 AM
  #165
coladin
Registered User
 
coladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 1413
I don't have a big problem with Rinaldo. The refs made the right calls in that game with Alfie and Zolner ejected. Rinaldo was allowed to run around without a response. Zack Smith should have fought him and didn't. I liked how Ottawa played by and large but really, guys like Rinaldo have to pay and he got away scott free. I'd take him on my team.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
  #166
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
It's funny how he talks about the Flyers being dirty and then Alfreddson gets kicked from the game for trying to injure Rinaldo with a cross check to the head. How is that not dirty and hypocritical?
It is dirty as soon as you use your stick as a weapon, Rinaldo's hit was clean and it was on Philips who's big enough to handle it on his own. Alfredsson has no class and is on his way out, who cares he won't be playing in the NHL next year anyway...no loss there.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:52 PM
  #167
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I don't have a big problem with Rinaldo. The refs made the right calls in that game with Alfie and Zolner ejected. Rinaldo was allowed to run around without a response. Zack Smith should have fought him and didn't. I liked how Ottawa played by and large but really, guys like Rinaldo have to pay and he got away scott free. I'd take him on my team.
What exactly does Rinaldo need to pay for? Pissing people off because he is total energy or because his first instinct is to hit? At least with Rinaldo you know where you stand.... I'd rather deal with a player like that than deal with a player that decides he can crosscheck you in the face.

I'm of the opinion that frustrated little babies (ie. Alfie) are the players that need to pay. Rinaldo will have no issue answering the bell, he can't wait for it.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
  #168
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,886
vCash: 500
I think last night against Buffalo when Scott was trying to muck it up, it was the first time I had seen Rinaldo looking scared and losing that trademark smirk. Can't say I blame the guy

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
  #169
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I think last night against Buffalo when Scott was trying to muck it up, it was the first time I had seen Rinaldo looking scared and losing that trademark smirk. Can't say I blame the guy
im glad Rinaldo stayed away from Scott. Not sure that would of gone well.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:51 PM
  #170
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
im glad Rinaldo stayed away from Scott. Not sure that would of gone well.
Yeah, I think Scott is the premier fighter in this league, and while Rinaldo can hold his own against a lot of guys, I see him being brutalized to a point of injury in such a fight.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:53 PM
  #171
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Yeah, I think Scott is the premier fighter in this league, and while Rinaldo can hold his own against a lot of guys, I see him being brutalized to a point of injury in such a fight.
yup. it would of been ugly. i think last year Rinaldo would of probably tried it. He has learned to "pick his spots" as they say.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:57 PM
  #172
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
yup. it would of been ugly. i think last year Rinaldo would of probably tried it. He has learned to "pick his spots" as they say.
I agree, and think he actually plays a lot smarter than he has in the past. He still plays on the edge, but he has to play on the edge and sometimes make "stupid" plays in order for him to be effective in the long run. If he was to just throw hits, he'd become Clutterbuck, and while I love the guy, I think he's not really drawing as much irritation from the opposing teams as Rinaldo is.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:57 PM
  #173
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,437
vCash: 500
If Zac was scared then yeah he definitely would have had his butt handed to him b/c his whole strategy is to not hold back in a fight and rage with anger. Any hesitancy and he would have had a smashed orbital bone like McGinn..although this can be said about any fighter. I can't recall the incident..was Zac really scared?

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:06 PM
  #174
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
If Zac was scared then yeah he definitely would have had his butt handed to him b/c his whole strategy is to not hold back in a fight and rage with anger. Any hesitancy and he would have had a smashed orbital bone like McGinn..although this can be said about any fighter. I can't recall the incident..was Zac really scared?
Just rewatched it and I think he was. Troll face gone, smirk gone, gulp in his throat He still tried to act cool and shrug it off, though.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
  #175
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,056
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
If Zac was scared then yeah he definitely would have had his butt handed to him b/c his whole strategy is to not hold back in a fight and rage with anger. Any hesitancy and he would have had a smashed orbital bone like McGinn..although this can be said about any fighter. I can't recall the incident..was Zac really scared?
Scott probably has about a foot and 75 lbs on him. I'd be scared too.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.