HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zac Rinaldo

Old
03-03-2013, 02:28 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
You gotta watch what you say about Alfie around Sens fans. They literally think he's "God." With the way Sens fans talk about him, you'd think he's lead the team to multiple Stanley Cups, while collecting a wall full of individual trophies. Then when you look, you notice the only thing he's actually ever wasn't even with the Sens (Olympic Gold) and the Calder.

He's one of the most overrated players ever among fans in Canada.

I guess they just really wanted to replace the previous player they considered the best Sen of all time: Alexei Yashin

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:41 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzy8 View Post
All I said was your team is dirty, that's your style hits from behind trying to injure people. When you maliciously (do you know what that word means?) hit people to attempt to I injure you take the fun out of the game, and then Ronaldi I turtles like a baby when he gets a little stick in the head lol. Also you account for the inbreeding and high murder rate, plus the amount of unemployed you shouldn't take these posts so seriously...

Canada is America done right lmao
Yeah but then you started complaining about how fat we are and how America sucks. What the hell does that have to do with yesterday's game?

Btw who the hell is Ronaldi?

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:07 PM
dawkins121

Plus the trades have been turning out pretty great.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
I don't even know who that sens fan is....

But Alfie has done more than just play hockey here but I won't get into it here. Pm me if you want sane view.

Flyers are my second team, but I avoid your board cause of some fans

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:12 PM
mantis toboggan

Does rinaldo really troll opposing fans this hard? This guy is pretty butt hurt

mantis toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogenIsTheMan View Post
Does rinaldo really troll opposing fans this hard? This guy is pretty butt hurt
Again, no idea who that was

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:18 PM
MrHockey1982

It's funny how he talks about the Flyers being dirty and then Alfreddson gets kicked from the game for trying to injure Rinaldo with a cross check to the head. How is that not dirty and hypocritical?

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:33 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Well that was... entertaining. Back to normal now, guys. Nothing more to see here.

03-03-2013, 04:13 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
really wish you would have let him post here more

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:36 PM
FlyersFan61290

Why exactly is Rinaldo being called dirty? He's thrown some questionable hits in the past but nothing extreme and certainly not this year. He's a young kid, he's learning to how to play the game at the NHL level and for the past 10 or so games maybe even more he's been doing great. The hit the other day that Sens fans called boarding clearly wasn't a dirty hit so i really don't understand where this is all coming from.

I understand reputation is a factor but do people not actually see what's happening in front of them?

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:42 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
It's funny how he talks about the Flyers being dirty and then Alfreddson gets kicked from the game for trying to injure Rinaldo with a cross check to the head. How is that not dirty and hypocritical?
Alffie and RInaldo should go next game

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:37 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Why exactly is Rinaldo being called dirty? He's thrown some questionable hits in the past but nothing extreme and certainly not this year. He's a young kid, he's learning to how to play the game at the NHL level and for the past 10 or so games maybe even more he's been doing great. The hit the other day that Sens fans called boarding clearly wasn't a dirty hit so i really don't understand where this is all coming from.

I understand reputation is a factor but do people not actually see what's happening in front of them?
What I don't like about him from a Flyers point of view is he retaliates a lot and takes penalties because of it. He has a target on his back because of his past and doesn't help himself when he retaliates. From the outside, he is the kind of player, like Downie, who I fear would really hurt another player. If I was playing for the opposition he's definitely the one I'd keep my eyes on because he doesn't really play much hockey, his only focus is to hit hard.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
What I don't like about him from a Flyers point of view is he retaliates a lot and takes penalties because of it. He has a target on his back because of his past and doesn't help himself when he retaliates. From the outside, he is the kind of player, like Downie, who I fear would really hurt another player. If I was playing for the opposition he's definitely the one I'd keep my eyes on because he doesn't really play much hockey, his only focus is to hit hard.
To be fair he has been drawing a lot of penalties this year and really has not been retaliating. If he keeps up what he is doing now he is going to help this team more than I ever though he would be able to.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:12 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
To be fair he has been drawing a lot of penalties this year and really has not been retaliating. If he keeps up what he is doing now he is going to help this team more than I ever though he would be able to.
I agree. I would say for the better part of the season he has not been retaliating. I would also argue that a significant portion of his penalties were called because of his reputation not his play. Sooner or later, if he continues to play the way he has, he won't be getting called for just being Rinaldo as much. When that day comes he'll be real asset to this team and if he continues to work on becoming a pker his stock will go up even more. He's got the ability imo and being as though he's only 22 he's got time to put it together.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:52 AM
coladin

vCash: 1413
I don't have a big problem with Rinaldo. The refs made the right calls in that game with Alfie and Zolner ejected. Rinaldo was allowed to run around without a response. Zack Smith should have fought him and didn't. I liked how Ottawa played by and large but really, guys like Rinaldo have to pay and he got away scott free. I'd take him on my team.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
It is dirty as soon as you use your stick as a weapon, Rinaldo's hit was clean and it was on Philips who's big enough to handle it on his own. Alfredsson has no class and is on his way out, who cares he won't be playing in the NHL next year anyway...no loss there.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:52 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
I don't have a big problem with Rinaldo. The refs made the right calls in that game with Alfie and Zolner ejected. Rinaldo was allowed to run around without a response. Zack Smith should have fought him and didn't. I liked how Ottawa played by and large but really, guys like Rinaldo have to pay and he got away scott free. I'd take him on my team.
What exactly does Rinaldo need to pay for? Pissing people off because he is total energy or because his first instinct is to hit? At least with Rinaldo you know where you stand.... I'd rather deal with a player like that than deal with a player that decides he can crosscheck you in the face.

I'm of the opinion that frustrated little babies (ie. Alfie) are the players that need to pay. Rinaldo will have no issue answering the bell, he can't wait for it.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Ryker

I think last night against Buffalo when Scott was trying to muck it up, it was the first time I had seen Rinaldo looking scared and losing that trademark smirk. Can't say I blame the guy

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I think last night against Buffalo when Scott was trying to muck it up, it was the first time I had seen Rinaldo looking scared and losing that trademark smirk. Can't say I blame the guy
im glad Rinaldo stayed away from Scott. Not sure that would of gone well.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
im glad Rinaldo stayed away from Scott. Not sure that would of gone well.
Yeah, I think Scott is the premier fighter in this league, and while Rinaldo can hold his own against a lot of guys, I see him being brutalized to a point of injury in such a fight.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:53 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Yeah, I think Scott is the premier fighter in this league, and while Rinaldo can hold his own against a lot of guys, I see him being brutalized to a point of injury in such a fight.
yup. it would of been ugly. i think last year Rinaldo would of probably tried it. He has learned to "pick his spots" as they say.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
yup. it would of been ugly. i think last year Rinaldo would of probably tried it. He has learned to "pick his spots" as they say.
I agree, and think he actually plays a lot smarter than he has in the past. He still plays on the edge, but he has to play on the edge and sometimes make "stupid" plays in order for him to be effective in the long run. If he was to just throw hits, he'd become Clutterbuck, and while I love the guy, I think he's not really drawing as much irritation from the opposing teams as Rinaldo is.

Old
03-12-2013, 12:57 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

If Zac was scared then yeah he definitely would have had his butt handed to him b/c his whole strategy is to not hold back in a fight and rage with anger. Any hesitancy and he would have had a smashed orbital bone like McGinn..although this can be said about any fighter. I can't recall the incident..was Zac really scared?

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
If Zac was scared then yeah he definitely would have had his butt handed to him b/c his whole strategy is to not hold back in a fight and rage with anger. Any hesitancy and he would have had a smashed orbital bone like McGinn..although this can be said about any fighter. I can't recall the incident..was Zac really scared?
Just rewatched it and I think he was. Troll face gone, smirk gone, gulp in his throat He still tried to act cool and shrug it off, though.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Scott probably has about a foot and 75 lbs on him. I'd be scared too.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote