HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #9

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2013, 12:42 PM
  #51
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
That's the thing that concerns me a bit....his woe is us lamentations are not very inspiring. There is a way of being a realist but still coming off as confident. True leaders know how to balance the two. If he looks lazy out there like he has been of late then of course we'll see a self-fulfilling prophesy. Right now this whole team lack confidence. Other team scores an early goal and their heads are down on the bench and they pack it in as they have admitted. They better wake the hell up..that Buffalo game was meh...they played mediocre and won. Good luck playing the upper echelon teams with that kind of play. Granted the Devils have been playing bad but they are still the Devils..
Yeah, exactly, as much as it is in the skill level of these players, there's also a lot in their state of mind. And this isn't some voodoo ********, either. Everyone has probably seen in their own specific case that they perform tasks better when their in an uplifted mood rather than down. At this level, if it means you're performing 5% better then that could make the whole difference.

Ryker is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:43 PM
  #52
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Lose both games, we'd need to go 15-4 to get a realistic playoff spot. If we win both games, it would be 13-6 to get the same spot. I think this is why Bryz is called Mr. Universe, he understands and grasps the reality of things, even if it may not be the right time to say so.

rofl. you can't be serious

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
  #53
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat sauce View Post
rofl. you can't be serious
I am serious. It's not the intended meaning via 24/7, but as how he talks to people and how he talks to reporters and such, it can have dual meanings.

Funny how you thought I was that dumb to think that I didn't know where it came from.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:48 PM
  #54
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I am serious. It's not the intended meaning via 24/7, but as how he talks to people and how he talks to reporters and such, it can have dual meanings.

Funny how you thought I was that dumb to think that I didn't know where it came from.

oh.

I didn't think you were dumb for not knowing where it came from. just that youd actually think that

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:50 PM
  #55
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
That isn't what this thread has been about at all. It is about Bryz not being better than an average goalie and not worth the cap hit.
yea. and your wrong.

funghoul is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:51 PM
  #56
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,162
vCash: 500
No, he's definitely just called Mr. Universe because he ranted about the universe.

Not because he has a profound understanding of reality, life, and the universe that goes above and beyond what one normally sees.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:51 PM
  #57
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,320
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
yea. and your wrong.
and your wrong about Briere.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:53 PM
  #58
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
yea. and your wrong.

great argument....

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:54 PM
  #59
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
and your wrong about Briere.
Both of you are wrong about you're

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:54 PM
  #60
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,320
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Both of you are wrong about you're
I know that was a typo there as soon as I hit enter. Was just to lazy to change it.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:54 PM
  #61
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
and your wrong about Briere.
o.k. i actually like briere. i said i'd rather put to use his over 6 mil for something than bryzgalov's over 5. bryzgalov's way more important to me. but it don't matter. we're still losing and it doesn't have to do with either of their cap hits.

funghoul is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:56 PM
  #62
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,320
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
o.k. i actually like briere. i said i'd rather put to use his over 6 mil for something than bryzgalov over 5. bryzgalov's way more important to me.
well the arguement that only Briere is overpaid isnt correct. Both players havent been good enough for good portians of this season.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:02 PM
  #63
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
No, I think he's called Mr. Universe because he went on a random rant about the universe on HBO.
Don't diminish his philosophy, bro.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:03 PM
  #64
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,514
vCash: 500
Hey, it was just an idea. But yeah... Bryz...

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:09 PM
  #65
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
well the arguement that only Briere is overpaid isnt correct. Both players havent been good enough for good portians of this season.
dude, i think their all overpaid. my point is i don't care about the cap hit the way everyone on here does. i guess its all the fantasy hockey these people play. gets ya worrying bout contracts. i look at what our team does on the ice and all the variables that are directly related to our team's play. i think the flyers are just young and still evolving. the goalie is not the problem to me. that said he won't be here after next year so all this moaning is worthless anyway. until there's a guy in the meantime he's keeping us from getting because of what were paying him then i could care less. but as far as the overall opinion on here to me, he's one of a few guys that are the reason this team isn't last in the league.

funghoul is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:22 PM
  #66
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
It's funny, I've asked you to rank Bryzgalov among the other goalies in the NHL about 5 times now and you've refused to do so every time, saying you were only concerned with how Bryz played for us game to game and then you go and post some garbage like this.

Unbelievably hypocritical.
He always posts stuff about Mike Smith like we all think highly of him around here. I've never heard anybody say anything about Smith on here. I don't get it.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:25 PM
  #67
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
well the arguement that only Briere is overpaid isnt correct. Both players havent been good enough for good portians of this season.
thing is Briere hasn't been good for any portion of this season. and at this point i think we all know what briere brings to the table. bryz is still a question mark in my eyes though things are starting to clear up. i think they should give him another year before making their final decision whereas briere needs to be gone like yesterday. not mention he's almost a mil more expensive and older.

i agree they both suck so their shouldn't be a double standard but i can understand viewing the two differently.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:27 PM
  #68
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He always posts stuff about Mike Smith like we all think highly of him around here. I've never heard anybody say anything about Smith on here. I don't get it.
i remember someone saying at the beginning of this season that they'd give smith a shot if bryz was amnestied. i don't remember who but smith obviously sucks and shouldn't be considered for anything other then a back-up role. i mean he lost his job to niitty in TB not too long ago and this is coming from a guy with a niittymaki jersey.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:30 PM
  #69
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He always posts stuff about Mike Smith like we all think highly of him around here. I've never heard anybody say anything about Smith on here. I don't get it.
Here, I'll say something about Smith: He sucks. He was only good last year because of a scenery change and Phx's goalie-friendly ways. I would never trust the guy as a starter.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:34 PM
  #70
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,320
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
dude, i think their all overpaid. my point is i don't care about the cap hit the way everyone on here does. i guess its all the fantasy hockey these people play. gets ya worrying bout contracts. i look at what our team does on the ice and all the variables that are directly related to our team's play. i think the flyers are just young and still evolving. the goalie is not the problem to me. that said he won't be here after next year so all this moaning is worthless anyway. until there's a guy in the meantime he's keeping us from getting because of what were paying him then i could care less. but as far as the overall opinion on here to me, he's one of a few guys that are the reason this team isn't last in the league.
I am in fantasy leagues but that isnt the reason how I view certian players on this team. In a way the contract hit does matter. if you think you can get the same production from another player at a cheaper rate you have to consiter it. Anyone who thinks you cant find the same production from Briere and Bryz and lets throw Coburn out there as well for cheaper money is kidding themselves.
The cap hit does matter if you feel as a GM or organization you are not maximixing at what you paid for a player then you have to find a better solution and if you can do so for a player on a better contract you do so.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:34 PM
  #71
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Here, I'll say something about Smith: He sucks. He was only good last year because of a scenery change and Phx's goalie-friendly ways. I would never trust the guy as a starter.

funny. sounds like you are describing someone else.....

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:39 PM
  #72
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 50,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
dude, i think their all overpaid. my point is i don't care about the cap hit the way everyone on here does. i guess its all the fantasy hockey these people play. gets ya worrying bout contracts. i look at what our team does on the ice and all the variables that are directly related to our team's play. i think the flyers are just young and still evolving. the goalie is not the problem to me. that said he won't be here after next year so all this moaning is worthless anyway. until there's a guy in the meantime he's keeping us from getting because of what were paying him then i could care less. but as far as the overall opinion on here to me, he's one of a few guys that are the reason this team isn't last in the league.
You guys really, really need to stop comparing contract worries to fantasy hockey. The comparison just doesn't work the way you think it does. The vast majority of fantasy hockey leagues have no salary cap, and contracts are of no concern.

If people were letting fantasy hockey motivate their concerns, they would care nothing about cap hit and everything about raw totals. They'd probably also think PIMs are a good thing.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:42 PM
  #73
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I am in fantasy leagues but that isnt the reason how I view certian players on this team. In a way the contract hit does matter. if you think you can get the same production from another player at a cheaper rate you have to consiter it. Anyone who thinks you cant find the same production from Briere and Bryz and lets throw Coburn out there as well for cheaper money is kidding themselves.
The cap hit does matter if you feel as a GM or organization you are not maximixing at what you paid for a player then you have to find a better solution and if you can do so for a player on a better contract you do so.
i hear you. i'm not oblivious to all this with the cap. i think i'm more arguing with the expectations everyone has. i don't like it. ha. i obviously have low expectations. i wanna know who the hell these people are that call themselves flyers fans with all these crazy high expectations. what have they been watching the last 35 years?

funghoul is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 02:51 PM
  #74
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He always posts stuff about Mike Smith like we all think highly of him around here. I've never heard anybody say anything about Smith on here. I don't get it.
You must've missed the 5 "Mike Smith is amazing" threads we all started a couple weeks ago. You can ask beef about them. They all got to within 1,000 posts within like 60 minutes, and beef got tired of having to lock the thread and start a new one, so he banned all Mike Smith threads. True story. All Flyers fans think Mike Smith is an elite goaltender.

WeekendAtBernies is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 09:03 PM
  #75
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
The Columbus announcers just took a shot at Bryz. They said bryz has been really bad and that the flyers want bob back

Devastate is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.